Thread: Threesome experiences

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Threesome experiences

Ha ha got you. Actually I was just wondering if anyone has any insights/experiences they would like to share about the dynamics of group relations.

I was sharing a flat last year with 2 other girls - my supervisor (ESTj) and my look-alike (INFp). I'll tell you what - I don't recommend that combination. The other two girls being each others' conflictors, I was constantly having to act as the mediator. It was awkward for me, because I got on pretty well with both of them and yet had to listen to each of them rant about the other one's faults. I didn't know anything about relations btwn types at the
    time, and so it often boggled my mind how they often completely misinterpreted each others'actions and thought that the other one was always out to get them. There was this incident which is a pretty accurate reflection of our day-to-day relations. To cut the word count, I'll call ESTj 'T' and INFp 'F' . Okay - well this particular day T arrives home all newly enthused, having just come from this self-development seminar about improving relationships. So she calls a flat meeting and proceeds to outline things we can do and steps we should take to improve our relations with each other (she was addressing us collectively, but clearly meaning her and F's relationship). Well, I was thinking 'that's a bit naive, but it will be interesting to hear what she comes up with' and hoping that F would see it the same way. One look at her face and my hopes are dashed - it was an absolute thundercloud. So I'm sitting there foreseeing a big blowup and contemplating a hasty exit. Unfortunately, T has eyes too and gathers that F isn't willing to cooperate and so starts lighting into her about 'being selfish' and 'not being willing to make a few sacrifices' and F continues to sit there with this murderous expression on her face, her eyes glued to the TV. I'm thinking 'surely you can see she means well' - but anyway, it soon becomes apparent that F is not going to argue her side of the case, so I think 'Great - now I'll have to step in and defend her'. So I proceed to spell out what I perceive F's feelings to be and start going on about how being flatmates, and not family, we are only obligated to be respectful and courteous to each other and that we were under no obligation to take orders from her about things we had to do to improve our relations with her. I said that if it was obvious that two people were never going to be bosom buddies, what's the point in pushing it. Anyway, now I'm feeling bad for T because she concedes the point and looks kind of deflated. F then gets up and leaves the room - still not having said a word - and I'm left trying to placate T who is going on about 'you can't say I didn't try' and F's stubborn and selfish personality. Anyway, later on F comes up to me and thanks me for standing up for her and says that she was just too mad to say anything.

Whew - that was longwinded. Anyone out there have their own story to tell?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like an interesting kind of interaction. It sort of reminds me slightly of my own with my ESTp roommate. Granted, they've got a specifically different character, but the utter lack of real communication struck me as highly similar.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually had a story about a threesome, but now you have made me bitter with your deceit.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    That sounds like an interesting kind of interaction. It sort of reminds me slightly of my own with my ESTp roommate. Granted, they've got a specifically different character, but the utter lack of real communication struck me as highly similar.
    What type are you?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I actually had a story about a threesome, but now you have made me bitter with your deceit.
    Damn - well, I guess I've learned my lesson the hard way

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No threesome talkies...?? Disappointed.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fellow Aussie!

Creepy-Cyclops

More fantasies than stories unfortunately.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahahaha That really sucks, but I've been in a similar position. My roommate in college hated the girl who shared the next door suite with us, and it degenerated into passive aggressive craziness over a cow toothbrush holder and contact lens solution. My roommate had gotten a Chik-Fil-A cow toothbrush holder and would put it up on the mirror shelf. The other girl didn't like it there, so she'd move it. And this would go back and forth, each time with a rant about the b*tch. My roommate was also convinced that the other girl was using her shower stuff and her contact lens solution. There were some issues with whose job it was to clean what, which I tried to solve with a discussion on taking turns cleaning whatever. (Bad idea, btw)

It eventually escalated into a physical confrontation, with a screaming match and my roommate trying to shove herself through the door and attack the other girl.

Basically I learned to stay out of it, because none of it had anything to do with the physical stuff like taking out the trash. Didn't matter what you did, they were determined to hate each other. Luckily the other two moved out at the end of the semester. I can't figure out how they managed to get to that point, though, 'cause they weren't around that much, and neither was my roommate.. very weird.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    ahahahaha That really sucks, but I've been in a similar position. My roommate in college hated the girl who shared the next door suite with us, and it degenerated into passive aggressive craziness over a cow toothbrush holder and contact lens solution. My roommate had gotten a Chik-Fil-A cow toothbrush holder and would put it up on the mirror shelf. The other girl didn't like it there, so she'd move it. And this would go back and forth, each time with a rant about the b*tch. My roommate was also convinced that the other girl was using her shower stuff and her contact lens solution. There were some issues with whose job it was to clean what, which I tried to solve with a discussion on taking turns cleaning whatever. (Bad idea, btw)

It eventually escalated into a physical confrontation, with a screaming match and my roommate trying to shove herself through the door and attack the other girl.

Basically I learned to stay out of it, because none of it had anything to do with the physical stuff like taking out the trash. Didn't matter what you did, they were determined to hate each other. Luckily the other two moved out at the end of the semester. I can't figure out how they managed to get to that point, though, 'cause they weren't around that much, and neither was my roommate.. very weird.
    Cow toothbrush holder - that's funny. Just shows you how petty things can get when you lose sight of the big picture, doesn't it. Have you had any clashes with your conflictors? Funnily enough, the few conflictors that I've met I've sort of admired ... though admittedly I never got to know them that well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a really awesome threesome once. Then I woke up.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Were you dreaming?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    What type are you?
    INFj according to my last gathering.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I think I don't seize the opportunities that are given me. I'll leave it as vague as that.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-Cyclops

Sometimes I think I don't seize the opportunities that are given me. I'll leave it as vague as that.
    But other times you think you do?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    what's up, rodney dangerfield?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    Okay - well this particular day T arrives home all newly enthused, having just come from this self-development seminar about improving relationships

F then gets up and leaves the room - still not having said a word - and I'm left trying to placate T who is going on about 'you can't say I didn't try' and F's stubborn and selfish personality. Anyway, later on F comes up to me and thanks me for standing up for her and says that she was just too mad to say anything.
    Absolutely classic.

I'll tell you what - I don't recommend that combination
    Indeed. Why did you all room together? Did the two girls not really know each other before they decided to live together?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i was gonna write out some long drawn out fantasy/dream and then say I woke up... but didn't wanna go making myself sad about it not actually happening...haha.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    .....no respect, no respect....he's just rappin rodney.....can't get a break

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ISTj friend and I often hang out in 'couple formation' with an ESFp/ESTp couple. It's a good mix of duality, semi-duality, supervision, activity and comparative (since comparative relations improve in company with others).

This couple formation doesn't fare as well when I bring my ESTp-Ti friend. The comparative relation between the ESTp's and the ESFp is exacerbated - they begin to irritate each other. Plus, the dual relation between me and both ESTp guys causes some competition for attention, so the ESFp begins to feel left out. I have to consciously and constantly find ways to re-include the ESFp into the group's interaction. And, the ESTp's don't really like each other much, so the attention-grabbing game becomes purposeful and puts me in a sticky spot - I have to regulate how much I enjoy each of their company so as not to offend. It's more work than fun, for all of us.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    But other times you think you do?
    Well, more so, but probably not much more so. It is sort of a general fact of my life really.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-Cyclops

Well, more so, but probably not much more so. It is sort of a general fact of my life really.
    Things pass me by all the time man. It thinks its got to the stage when I just don't care anymore. As long as I can sit back, put my feet up, chill, maybe even play my guitar for a bit, watch the sun go down, maybe even open a beer, well hey it could be worse!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resurrecting this thread to see any potential new stories.

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".