Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought one of these two women should've played django. The first one looks more SLE.

Stacy-Silver-i142245.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Physical type for Django, ok, but why not sli ? I somewhat link him with some clint eastwood character. A Se type would be more volatile.

Calvin Candle strange mix beetween EIE and LSE.

Dr Schultz - possible ILE, even if he seem to be really aware of his value system (against slavery)

Steven - no idea
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    Physical type for Django, ok, but why not sli ? I somewhat link him with some clint eastwood character. A Se type would be more volatile.

Calvin Candle strange mix beetween EIE and LSE.

Dr Schultz - possible ILE, even if he seem to be really aware of his value system (against slavery)

Steven - no idea

For Django, I can see why people would think SLI but there are things that really don't fit like his "flair for the dramatic", seen with how he had Schultz set up the knock on the wall three times before he comes in to see Broomhilda and with his absurd choice of costume. This all indicates Superid rather than PoLR. At the same time, his tendency to go to logical extremes with the characters he puts on resembles the absolutism of someone with in their Ego Block.

If you look at his psychological motivations, he's not the SLI who 'just wants his swamp back' or 'just wants the local police to stop bugging him' he's a man on a grand mission to exact painful vengeance on those who have wronged him, which is something one can see a lot more in Betas than Deltas.

With Dr. Schultz, it's an interesting one because his character seems to go through odd changes towards the latter part of the film. However, his approach to bounty-hunting is profoundly ILE.

What about Candie gave you LSE vibes?

Someone please give me an opinion on Steven!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Schultz was as EIE-Fe as they make em.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    For Django, I can see why people would think SLI but there are things that really don't fit like his "flair for the dramatic", seen with how he had Schultz set up the knock on the wall three times before he comes in to see Broomhilda and with his absurd choice of costume. This all indicates Superid rather than PoLR. At the same time, his tendency to go to logical extremes with the characters he puts on resembles the absolutism of someone with in their Ego Block.

If you look at his psychological motivations, he's not the SLI who 'just wants his swamp back' or 'just wants the local police to stop bugging him' he's a man on a grand mission to exact painful vengeance on those who have wronged him, which is something one can see a lot more in Betas than Deltas.

With Dr. Schultz, it's an interesting one because his character seems to go through odd changes towards the latter part of the film. However, his approach to bounty-hunting is profoundly ILE.

What about Candie gave you LSE vibes?

Someone please give me an opinion on Steven!
    I think the actor is a Se Ego, but I don't think the character or the theme of the movie is valuing.

The themes of the movie is about reforming the family, getting his wife back and a deeply personal revenge involving Django's wife. I want to contrast this with the themes often present in oriented revenge themes and it's often tragic results in both real life and fiction.

You can see a theme in events such as the recent Christopher Dorner(LSI) revenge killings and also in literature such as the Count of Monte Cristo. One of which is familial destruction, destroying the families of those who have wronged him. Christopher Dorner's motivation was the wrong done to him by a supposedly corrupt LAPD, Edmond Dantes, false imprisonment by his jealous enemies.

One major theme I find is family destruction, in life Christopher Dorner killed the daughter of his Union Representative, Monica Quan and her fiance. Edmond Dantes destroys the Danglers and Villeforte family, innocents included.

I think Django Unchained is a revenge fantasy, revenge ideation and the characters closer to the characters of the Hunger Games, in which I type Katniss the main character as SLI. Realistic revenge stories are more to me more morally challenging like the Count of Monte Cristo.

I think however that Django is SEE and not delta. I don't think sense of showmanship is necessarily super id, it could easily be the 4D of a SEE. I can't type Schultz, but I think Stephen is LSI, a organizational man thru and thru, loyal to Candie but deeply power hungry himself and clinging to whatever he can hold on to.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think the actor is a Se Ego, but I don't think the character or the theme of the movie is valuing.

The themes of the movie is about reforming the family, getting his wife back and a deeply personal revenge involving Django's wife. I want to contrast this with the themes often present in oriented revenge themes and it's often tragic results in both real life and fiction.

You can see a theme in events such as the recent Christopher Dorner(LSI) revenge killings and also in literature such as the Count of Monte Cristo. One of which is familial destruction, destroying the families of those who have wronged him. Christopher Dorner's motivation was the wrong done to him by a supposedly corrupt LAPD, Edmond Dantes, false imprisonment by his jealous enemies.

One major theme I find is family destruction, in life Christopher Dorner killed the daughter of his Union Representative, Monica Quan and her fiance. Edmond Dantes destroys the Danglers and Villeforte family, innocents included.

I think Django Unchained is a revenge fantasy, revenge ideation and the characters closer to the characters of the Hunger Games, in which I type Katniss the main character as SLI. Realistic revenge stories are more to me more morally challenging like the Count of Monte Cristo.

I think however that Django is SEE and not delta. I don't think sense of showmanship is necessarily super id, it could easily be the 4D of a SEE. I can't type Schultz, but I think Stephen is LSI, a organizational man thru and thru, loyal to Candie but deeply power hungry himself and clinging to whatever he can hold on to.
    Yeah but Django did participate in family destruction. He didn't have to shoot Candie's sister but he nevertheless blew her into the next room. LSI could work very well for Steven.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Django - I think the actor is EIE, after watching his stand-up routines. I think Se definitely fits for Django's Ego. His agressiveness(as opposed to stoicism point to Se>Si). When he rationalizes with the slave drivers at the end, he uses facts in a misleading manner that are meant to elicit an effect(Fe>Te valuing). Also, he tends to speak about actions to take(there's a bounty on their head ready for the taking, they wont expect you to go back now and you'll all be rich men . . . now give me a pistol), which makes me think Se>Te. I'd say LSI is a good choice, if only for the fact that he's so quiet and rigid that SLE seems to just inherently be less accurate. Though, his actions are more of what id expect of an SLE.

Candie - Ni Creative definitely. The whole Skull indents speech was Ni-Creative.

Schultz - ILE is perfect. He elaborated and explained everything he thought or said. The big picture was known to him internally, and only made sense to others once he used Ti to put the pieces together. The Scene at the Saloon is a good example. Also, EP is clear in the flexibility and gregarious nature of the character.

No idea for Steven - He had elements of many types, and sociopathic tendencies that could skew an Fi to look like a Ti (for example). Hard to type. Got along well with Candy. Better at spotting patterns. I only feel comfortable outting Si.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yeah but Django did participate in family destruction. He didn't have to shoot Candie's sister but he nevertheless blew her into the next room. LSI could work very well for Steven.
    I think you're missing out on the fact that family destruction(what little there is and it probably can't even be called that) is a secondary characteristic of the movie.

The death of Edward in the Count of Monte Cristo, a bystander and relative innocent in his revenge is a turning point in his revenge which causes a crisis of conscience. The death of Lara is essentially meaningless in the plot, as Candie is already dead prior to the shooting. The sort of family destruction I'm talking about destroying the family of the individual while leaving that individual alive to suffer that as well as other consequences.

Also in Christopher Dorner's case the individual he wanted revenge against is still alive vs his daughter and son in law.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conclusion: Movies these days suck + Samuel L. Jackson will always be a douche.

Django - SLE-Ti or LSI-Se
    Django isn't an extrovert nor an Se valuer nor logical type.

Django - ISFp-INFj. reserved, emotional, peaceable and nice. emotionally invested in his role. odd body-encompassing for an Se. textbook Si rather speaks of this odd orientation: questions of stability, desire to escape the confines of reality and self-perception, and focus towards the ideal situation. can read this all in his passive thoughts and ill-suited body language
    Dr. Schultz - Alpha SF. another Si stabilizer/idealist. lingustically flowy and exhaustive indicates Si ego. strong Fe embellishment. definitely one of those two types. clever, peaceable, light-hearted, expressive, eccentric, behind-the-scenes. has an IP temperament
    Steven, aka Samuel L. Jackson - an A-hole ENFj. very people-oriented. social kingpin and skeptic who reads people intuitively. emotive but with an immediate reality-forming affect ie. opposite of Schultz's Fe. bold and overlooking Si-PoLR orientation: decisive/cuts out intermediate steps and claims the big picture
    Calvin Candie - Beta for sure. intense pleasure-seeking redneck with a broad inquisitive social value much unlike Fi
    Last edited by 717495; 03-06-2013 at 09:37 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Conclusion: Movies these days suck + Samuel L. Jackson will always be a douche.

Django isn't an extrovert nor an Se valuer nor logical type.

Django - ISFp-INFj. reserved, emotional, peaceable and nice. emotionally invested in his role. odd body-encompassing for an Se. textbook Si rather speaks of this odd orientation: questions of stability, desire to escape the confines of reality and self-perception, and focus towards the ideal situation. can read this all in his passive thoughts and ill-suited body language
    Dr. Schultz - Alpha SF. another Si stabilizer/idealist. lingustically flowy and exhaustive indicates Si ego. strong Fe embellishment. definitely one of those two types. clever, peaceable, light-hearted, expressive, eccentric, behind-the-scenes. has an IP temperament
    Steven, aka Samuel L. Jackson - an A-hole ENFj. very people-oriented. social kingpin and skeptic who reads people intuitively. emotive but with an immediate reality-forming affect ie. opposite of Schultz's Fe. bold and overlooking Si-PoLR orientation: decisive/cuts out intermediate steps and claims the big picture
    Calvin Candie - Beta for sure. intense pleasure-seeking redneck with a broad inquisitive social value much unlike Fi
    How can Django be Se Vulnerable?
    Also, it's commonly thought that Waltz is an SEI but I'm sure there were strong differences between the manner innate to the actor and the behaviour of the character.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I think you're missing out on the fact that family destruction(what little there is and it probably can't even be called that) is a secondary characteristic of the movie.

The death of Edward in the Count of Monte Cristo, a bystander and relative innocent in his revenge is a turning point in his revenge which causes a crisis of conscience. The death of Lara is essentially meaningless in the plot, as Candie is already dead prior to the shooting. The sort of family destruction I'm talking about destroying the family of the individual while leaving that individual alive to suffer that as well as other consequences.

Also in Christopher Dorner's case the individual he wanted revenge against is still alive vs his daughter and son in law.
    Yes, but the plot isn't what we're trying to type here

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes, but the plot isn't what we're trying to type here
    I'm not exactly typing plot here(although it's impossible to separate the plot from the characters), but rather the decision and reactions of the primary agent within a plot. As there is no proper measuring stick to weight Django against I have to bring in situations and literature which can be publicly examinable in order to create a comparison.

Also these sort of events are situations which have repeatedly throughout history, or at least stories about them. Edmond Dantes also happens to be based on real life agent of vengeance Pierre Picaud. Is Django more akin to the chop-socky revenge flicks and grindhouse movies that Tarantino watched when he was young vs the story of Edmond Dantes, it's easy to see the influences.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The character Dr. Schultz is supposed to be EIE I think.

The actor may be SEI.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can Django be Se Vulnerable?
    Huh?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Huh?
    Se Vulnerable... Having Extroverted Sensation as a Vulnerable function is what I don't understand about your typing for Django as EII-INFj

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see what's all so Se accepting about him. When I think of Se I see Steven and Calvin Candie. When I think of Si I see Django. Btw I say ISFp or INFj.