Thread: Clothing style

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clothing style

I usually have a casual style. When I am at home, I dress as if I were working, I don't like shorts and flip flops. What about you?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

My casual attire is short-sleeved shirts, shorts, and flip flops. If I'm going out, I'll wear a nice collared button-up or something with either shorts, jeans, or some other type of pants. If I'm wearing shorts, I'll probably wear flip flops. If I'm wearing long pants, I'll probably wear sneakers. Depends how much I expect to be on my feet, really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if I'm going to work/school, I'll wear whatever is considered appropriate, especially if there's a uniform or some unwritten rule about what to wear. Cold weather also sometimes forces me to dress up more than I'd like.

Otherwise, I would be happy to wear flip-flops and shorts, or a skirt, with a nice shirt.

If I'm at home, I just like to wear a t-shirt and panties. No shoes or pants unless we have company.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys wear clothes?

Haha, I don't know. I like to keep it comfortable and simple. There are a few items in my closet that annoy me because I love the way they look but they're just a little too tight so actually wearing them bothers me.

T-shirts or polos, mostly. With jeans I try to find a pair I like the style and fit, but for whatever reason they never seem too durable (like ones that come pre-stressed). Other than that I've got a ton of athletic shorts and sleeveless shirts for my job. Overall I tend to go for darker colors, comfort, good aesthetics and construction. Oh, and a comfortable pair of sneakers, never flip flops, in case of zombie apocalypse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to dress like an elegant bum.

Creepy-male

I wear my pyjamas, even when I'm walking around where I live. If I go out, cotton pants and exotic cotton or silk shirts and my suede shoes. Gotta look good

Always colour-harmonise, too. My favourite shirts are white for this reason because they go with all my pants.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

At home I'll wear very very very short skirt and a mini teeshirt
    When it's cold I'll wear sweats and a T
    When going out, I love to wear dresses and skirts and am always hoping for good weather so that I can do this more often, but hasn't happened lately.
    I am forced to overdress in cold weather because I get cold easily and can't seem to warm up as easily when I do. I'm very skinny.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    At home I'll wear very very very short skirt and a mini teeshirt

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At home I prefer to remain comfortable, so i'll either put on baggy jeans or clothes made for working out, which are usually created to be comfortable. When I go out / to class / to work, I'm casual, if I can be. I used to care about my clothes, but really I can't bother anymore. I love bright colors, so during the spring and summer months I prefer white / yellow polos and t-shirts. I really dislike business suits & uniforms, although I can understand their use for official ceremonies. Paradoxically, even if I don't care about dressing well, I'm equally disgusted by excessive uniformity.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

slacks and a shirt at work, jeans and a shirt at home. wee. usually some kind of blouse, though - i don't like t-shirts or sneakers. i dress in large part for comfort but i like to look put together. i like clothes that are sort of interesting or have some kind of character even if other people don't like them, lol, but i don't seek them out, they just find me. (is this FiNe in regard to clothing? lol) i don't wear skirts or dresses that often. i wear a lot of more subdued colors like gray and black, i prefer any colorfulness or gaudiness to be more in my accessories.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It consists of:

Alpha shoes.
    Beta jeans.
    Gamma blazers.
    Delta shirts.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    I don't like shorts and flip flops.
    +1 I hate sandals and especially flip flops and I mostly prefer long pants.

Other than that, I like jeans and hoodies, so more casual. But if it's not so cold, I often wear shirts with the sleeves rolled up which still can appear quite formal. A special favourite are turtleneck pullovers. I typically wear light and comfortable sneakers. Oh, and I prefer simple, unicolored clothes without many prints (except for T-shirts).
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Polo shirts, baggy jeans, a hat, and sneakers are my usual attire. I may wear a shirt without a collar once a month...lol. I always have an undershirt on, usually white. I've worn flip flops maybe twice in my life so those are not something I like. I do like wearing shorts though, during the warm months you may never catch me in a pair of jeans. I often feel over-dressed for most places I go and under-dressed at others with no real in between... but it's how I dress so oh well.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At home I'll wear very very very short skirt and a mini teeshirt...
    Somehow I've always had the feeling that if you'd dye your hair and eye brows blonde, you would fit in perfectly at Playboy Mansion.

You're obviously very very mature.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Creepy-male

solid color short sleeve shirt without name brands on it and dark blue jeans is what I most typically wear. I prefer olive green, brown, black, dark blue, and steel/gray colors for shirts. I dislike name branded clothing (you're just a billboard for the company), and I like comfortable clothes that fit well, maybe a little bit on the looser side for freedom of movement, but not too baggy to were it looks ghetto or poor fitting.

to work I wear a dress shirt, undershirt, shoes, belt, and slacks. I prefer black, silver/gray/steel, and brown (not tan) slacks -- never khakis. I prefer blue and white shirts that are somewhat casual -- never polo shirts or pastel colors. black undershirt/shoes/belt for blue shirts and white undershirt and brown shoes/belt for white shirts. I dislike the whole preppy khakis/polo shirt/sweater vest side of "professional" clothing, I like things that look more elegant and refined but still casual enough to look like you don't take yourself ultra-serious.

i pity all those cool comatose clothes in my closet but i can't seem to be able to use more than 5-6-7 basic pieces (trousers and sweaters).uh uh the power of habitude. i wish i were more carefree- alpha SF style -as long as my clothing routine is concerned but can't help going through a lame analytical process before i go out in something new/fancier.However, most of the times i just ckicken out and stick to the known ways hah.it's almost as if i fear uuhhh...being impressive?
    Dressing for formal occasions is a very touchy thing,too.When i shop i don't really go for more shiny stuff so when the time comes there's just drama drama drama .i usually whine about not wanting to attend but in most cases the reason why is because i won't feel comfortable in my attire (yeah i sound like a 5 yo who gets dressed by her mum but you can just call it a tr4um4) .Actually it's very hard to dress for every occasion (except for school maybe) because i most likely have inferiority complex issues that go beyond a wardrobe.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wear crap for clothes. Crap shirt, crap pants, crap loafers.

Creepy-male

IxxJ => Whitie Tighties
    ExxJ => Boxer Briefs
    IxxP => Boxers
    ExxP => Free Balling

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Somehow I've always had the feeling that if you'd dye your hair and eye brows blonde, you would fit in perfectly at Playboy Mansion.

You're obviously very very mature.
    It's at home, in my private comfort and for my man - *future man* *for sex appeal*
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's at home, in my private comfort and for my man - *future man* *for sex appeal*
    What about that devalued ?
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ya Si/Ne types don't care about sex appeal!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    What about that devalued ?
    Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    ya Si/Ne types don't care about sex appeal!

What about it. It has nothing to do with Se. I care a lot about my perfect and idealized romantic relationships. They are my own subjective relations and sex appeal also plays a big role in them because I'm a woman, and am capable of enjoying sex.

NeSi...my mirror relations may not care much about sex appeal.
    -

Creepy-bg

shorts or sweats, maybe kakies or some thin material dressier pants...

tshirts, polos, long sleeved shirts in solid muted colors or black, oversized crappy button up shirts with paisly or other sharp patterns for when i'm feeling spunky

cheap shoes (old and raggy>new and clean) or flip flops

nothing > boxers > briefs (haven't worn briefs in years actually)

I can't stand tight or even well fitting clothing, the looser the better.

I sleep in whatever "pants' i was wearing for the day and hopefully remember to change them when i wake up.

no accessories, can't even stand wearing a watch. also no hats, and i don't comb my hair.

simple cheap stuff. the least effort possible.

I generally don't consider how i look when i'm dressing, just how i feel.

as a teenager/in my 20s I usually wore bandanas to keep my mess of long hair in. also rocked the flanel (but that was the style, one of the few that i had any part it, mostly because flanels are comfy and hang on you when they're too big)

i like for my clothes to be hangy off of me.
    Last edited by bg; 03-14-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Bow to the Ninchucks Microknight's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the term is casual. Most of the clothes I wear I got for free, so when out and about I tend to wear t-shirt and jeans/shorts. I haven't gone shopping for clothes in 4ish years. It's a waste of money, in my opinion, to buy something when I already have what I need. When not out and about, I tend to just be in in my underwear. This saves time and effort on my part, because I have to wash the bulk of my clothing less frequently. When I have company I'll usually wear something.

Sadly, however, lots of my clothes are beginning to fall apart. I fear I may have to go shopping again.

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mostly subdued/darker colours. brown blue black white grey. ideally no designs or text. i like solid colors. nothing tight, i loathe feeling restricted. prefer slightly loose fitting. dont care too much if my clothes have a small hole or stain, or my shoes are scuffed up, in fact i barely notice it. low maintenance basically.

one of these days i might get something cool though. like some black jeans with a sparkly rainbow coloured dragon on the side of them, and a bright cherry red long sleeved shirt with glitter and skulls all over.
    im going to shine.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    With jeans I try to find a pair I like the style and fit, but for whatever reason they never seem too durable.
    Get Quiksilver pants. I have two pairs that I've worn for like 8 years now, and they still pretty much look/feel the same as when I first put them on. QS shirts are also very durable.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Get Quiksilver pants. I have two pairs that I've worn for like 8 years now, and they still pretty much look/feel the same as when I first put them on. QS shirts are also very durable.
    Ha, I googled them and they look pretty f'in good. Thanks for the tip, man!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem, dude.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I'd agree on QS pants lasting a long time, the shirts on the other hand I've had issues with (button up shirts at least). I had 3 or 4 shirts where the threads on some of the seems came undone after only a month or two of wearing. So I have opted not to give them much of a chance anymore.

The least durable jeans I've found are Calvin Klein jeans, while they're probably my favorite fit for the size I wear, they always tend to get the hole at the top corner of the back pockets way faster than other jeans that I've worn a lot. Levi Silvertab jeans are my favorite as far as comfort and durability and have been since I started buying them in the late 90's.

In regards to what's underneath the jeans, boxers all the way.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My day clothes always consist of jeans, (usually baggy, although often too baggy, partially because I try and wear them bigger so I can "grow into them") and either a collared shirt or a t-shirt, usually blue-greyish. I have a few shirts that I rotate every weekend (otherwise I'm wearing school uniform). For pajamas I wear boxers and a shirt - usually I wear my uniform or day clothes until just before I sleep.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a fashion model for Carhartt.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    IxxJ => Whitie Tighties
    That explains things so well.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoodie
    boots(sometimes sneakers)
    jeans(usually baggy, sometimes fit; dark colors)
    casual Tshirt shirts(black, grey, white)
    boxers
    tshirt
    socks

Gotta have the cans. ♫♫{(-_-)} ♫♫
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No jeans
    No shorts
    No open toed shoes
    No heavy cumbersome clothing
    No uncomfortable anything
    No white socks
    No non-dress tops that are not black
    No bottoms that are not neutral
    No logos
    No patterns (very unobtrusive pinstripes are ok)
    Black is the new fucking black
    See avatar

I don't have a style but a uniform, I try to look identical 24/7. I hate taking care of clothing and picking out clothing so I just want to look good and iconic 24/7 without much effort. I have consultants(Fe types) to keep me looking decent.
    Plan
    Past 20's t-shirt pants sneakers
    Currently 30's polo pants sneakers, good jackets for winter, I've become a outerwear/jacket snob.
    Future 40's polo pants sporty jacket sneakers
    Future 50's and beyond dry cleaning+maid/wife, dress shirts, jacket, comfortable shoes/sneakers

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    IxxJ => Whitie Tighties
    ExxJ => Boxer Briefs
    IxxP => Boxers
    ExxP => Free Balling
    lol..gross

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wear dresses to church. They are long, comfortable, and elegant.
    I do not wear jeans. I wear sweat pants, slacks, or shorts.
    I wear non-namebrand T-shirts or collared shirts.
    Sometimes I wear sweaters, preferrably colorful.
    I have two pairs of shoes, not counting the sandals my mom made.
    I wear socks. I really wear socks. I wear socks like you wouldn't believe.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I have two pairs of shoes, not counting the sandals my mom made.
    I wear socks. I really wear socks. I wear socks like you wouldn't believe.
    Socks with sandals??

„Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Levi's, docs, harrington's.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Socks with sandals??
    Sure. Sandals are cofortable (as ling as there's nothing between my toes, there's a heel strap, and there's no buckle) and socks keep my feet warm. I wore homemade sandals and colorful toe socks to my Senior awards ceremony.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Socks with sandals??

YouTube - Socks with Sandals
    facebook repost material! that was fantastic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast