Thread: Identity kicks ass at everything forever with bonus points

Creepy-male

Default Identity kicks ass at everything forever with bonus points.

Just had the world's most epic and totally spontaneous improvisation with the SEI girl in my flat.

I am now also called Brian.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're a dwarf

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah identity is the second-best relationship after duality, however it's not as good for romantic relationships.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother is my identical and his wife is my dual and there is nothing in the world like being with them!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

This thread made by the poster formerly known as Coolanzon.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance they were your dual?

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Any chance they were your dual?
    From the sort of level we're interacting on, our interactions so far don't overly remind me of other Alpha NTs. I'd prefer Identity, just because I keep getting a sense of her saying what I would*. What just happened is sort of the pinnacle of that, just this beautifully bizarre moment of spectacular synchronicity.

*Though, to be fair, as a joke, and to illustrate a point Isha was making, I found a variety of reasons to identify with a potted plant standing nearby while we were talking about the Enneagram and how Nines tend to want to identify with just about everyone.

I'd say there's a very specific sense that SEIs give me, though, like "Wow, I've thought that... it could be me saying that."

If you'd like to discuss this further, existing typethread is *points* over thar.

Creepy-male

If it makes you feel better, this post was more about something really epic that transpired with a fellow SEI, and not about my personal sentiments for the broader group of people I have typed as such. I'm kind of neutral about SEIs.

A type whose representatives I have a great deal of affection for, however, would be the LIIs. And it has absolutely nothing to do with Isha; I've been in love with you guys even when she was SLI

Labcoat, c'mere, ya nerk

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying again:
    Any chance they were an Si type AND your dual?

Creepy-male

Trying again:
    Any chance they were an Si type AND your dual?
    I know that was what you were asking. Irrespective of my type, I should be having similarly characterised interactions with representatives of a given type, yes?

Might be, though. What would you say the hallmarks of Duality are? I'll keep my eye out.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would you say the hallmarks of Duality are?
    I tend to feel very similar to ESFjs on a personal level. It's from the objective point of view only that there are massive differences. If it's hard to see such differences at all, it's probably not duality.

Duality: same life philosophy, opposite talents, is how I explained it to an ESFj I know. The feeling of similarity is there, but any person looking from without might not notice any of it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to feel very similar to ESFjs on a personal level. It's from the objective point of view only that there are massive differences. If it's hard to see such differences at all, it's probably not duality.

Duality: same life philosophy, opposite talents, is how I explained it to an ESFj I know. The feeling of similarity is there, but any person looking from without might not notice any of it.
    yes.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Just had the world's most epic and totally spontaneous improvisation with the SEI girl in my flat.

I am now also called Brian.
    Oh no's --

I was kind of used to (liked) your other name (even though I'm only a representative from noob nation so who cares)

Anyway, I agree and think that identity is good (especially if folks are in the same life context) in many ways for learning through direct mirroring & evaluation of various reflections--

I don't think it always works if (this is probably obvious):
    a) the identical type is emotionally disturbed/unhealthy/or personality disorder,
    b) has a large discrepancy in lifestyle (homeless identical with millionaire identical)
    c) or portion of core type is completely repressed & acting mainly through Polr shadow --

but otherwise, I think there are many benefits-

That's awesome that you had epic improvisational bonding!! loves that! :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yeah identity is the second-best relationship after duality, however it's not as good for romantic relationships.
    You probably didn't mean this as a joke but it still made me think LOL!

Creepy-male

Massive differences where? Sociability? Lifestyle? Personality?

Anyway, it's not only a sense of similarity, it's a sense that the individual in question has characterised themselves much like me as well. I got this a lot from Bee's typethread, for example. Something like "I could've written that".

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by Solidad View Post
    That's awesome that you had epic improvisational bonding!! loves that! :wink:
    Bonding, what? This is something interesting about SEIs for me, I tend to never feel much of an affinity for sense of connection with them, even if they can be quite fun to hang out with. They're not obviously fascinating or captivating like some other types. Maybe because SEIs don't like to share when they're feeling down unless you're a close friend, which rather defeats the way I tend to make friends (which is somewhat ghoulish, yes? Call me Ghoulanzon).

Anyway, this is now a fascinating experiment. I'm basically encountering this SEI every day, so we'll see how that affects how things play out.
    Last edited by male; 03-05-2010 at 12:07 AM.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, identity relationships. Shared values, quick "get to know you," and general understanding. There's something unique about same-club interactions; lots of common ground and very practical interactions if the people can tolerate each other. My best analogy is sharing a common language.

That being said, the person I classify as my "best friend" is probably my identical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Bonding, what? This is something interesting about SEIs for me, I tend to never feel much of an affinity for sense of connection with them, even if they can be quite fun to hang out with. They're not obviously fascinating or captivating like some other types. Maybe because SEIs don't like to share when they're feeling down unless you're a close friend, which rather defeats the way I tend to make friends (which is somewhat ghoulish, yes? Call me Ghoulanzon).
    no bonding? oops - ma bad! maybe that is just my EII projecting
    (I loves me some intellectual and/or physical bonding ---woot!!!)

Even though SEIs don't often share about when they are feeling down... believe me.... they appreciate when someone listens or cares or when others notice how freaking smart they are! :wink:
    ... and when push comes to shove .. in major ways.. SEIs are increadibly strong & show their inner lion :wink:

"Ghoulanzon" lol! loves it!

i still like coolanzon
    (but I will adjust, of course)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Massive differences where? Sociability? Lifestyle? Personality?
    Any and all of the above. But these are the socionics' basics. Duals are in most conventional respects opposites. Do I have to tell you this?

Creepy-male

Ok, no, I can see where we could be seen to be different, but I don't think we'd be distinctively opposite in most conventional respects.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some themes I've witnessed.

Identity = deep and influential discussion, collaboration, identification, support and viewpoints. similar environment, lifestyle, and method. synchronizes well

Duality = warm feeling, hope, pleasant surprise, natural interest, high regards, and comfort. protecting and automatic innate knowing to reinforce weaknesses (such as "this is where i come in.")

Activity = curiosity, opening minds, identifying weaknesses, finding leisure or positive activity, attempting to synchronize, but becomes more wobbly, weaknesses can make an upsetting impact, and interaction can become tiring or irritating

Mirror = more formal contact, a clarifying discussion, answering questions, helping fix misconceptions of each others' disagreements, tying the loose ends, magnifying less important up-in-the-air topics, and coming to agreements on them

Usually rational to irrational interaction is more strenuous and tiring than P to P, or J to J interaction, and can also seem to be more formal.