Thread: Final differentiation between Enneagram 4w5 Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Final differentiation between Enneagram 4w5 Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp

Hello, i'am wondering what would be the difference between stacking Sp/Sx vs Sx/Sp for 4w5??

It seems that both tends to be very conflicted and contain Sx in some way.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think that i was So because i tend to need to be a part of something, like i want to leave a mark, being recognised for who i'am, but maybe that is just being type 4. Because i realised if an event is not about something i like or identify with, i will tend to not participate even if there would be lot of people i know participating in it. Also i dont care about who is famous or not, or even about being famous. It is more about being authentic and who i can connect with.

There is something else, when i was young i always dreamt of being a hero, travelling the world learning martial arts. However growing up i realised that i was too concerned with my security to put myself into risks, when young i only envisioned the beauty of adventures without it's uncomfort sides. Today i feel more disenchanted with the idea of adventures and more concerned with surviving in order to be able to express my true self in day to day life, even thought i sometimes still hope that one day i would be able of letting go of everything and just buying a ticket to whatever country and never comming back.

I never was interested in relationships and feel that they are overwhelming, since taking too much time on my schedule preventing me from activities i like doing alone. However i feel that i need someone who would be there for me, but i need my place where i can withdraw when i need and where i would be unreachable until i decide to come back. I dont want to be fully understood but rather validated and supported.

I have internal conflict between materialism/spirituality, idealism/nihilism, optimism/pessimism. All depends on the mood.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OuterSpaceBoy View Post
    I have internal conflict between materialism/spirituality, idealism/nihilism, optimism/pessimism. All depends on the mood.
    This is sounding a bit like an introvert so/sx 'darksider' at this point.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    This is sounding a bit like an introvert so/sx 'darksider' at this point.
    Thanks for the answer.

What do you mean by "Darksider"? Isn't So/Sx supposed to be Syn flow?

I think i have alot of Sp concerns, too much to be Sp last, unless it is due to being unhealthy ??

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thanks for the answer.

What do you mean by "Darksider"? Isn't So/Sx supposed to be Syn flow?

I think i have alot of Sp concerns, too much to be Sp last, unless it is due to being unhealthy ??
    It's the name of the so/sx subtype (link) that has strong sx and so it starts to resemble sx/sp, which is why it got named 'darksider' I guess. The way they express themselves can be similar to sx/sp, but the difference is that the secondary sx gets turned outside, towards their friends, family, coworkers instead of going on a perpetual internal search like it happens with primary internalized sx instinct.

What do you mean by sp-concern exactly? If it's struggling to make ends meet, that's a concern for many young people nowadays and not necessarily instinct related.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,

Yeah So/Sx was my first guess and someone else also told me they thought i was that, maybe there is something to dig here.

The way they express themselves can be similar to sx/sp, but the difference is that the secondary sx gets turned outside, towards their friends, family, coworkers instead of going on a perpetual internal search like it happens with primary internalized sx instinct.
    However i'am very introverted and spend WAY more time alone on self-questioning rather than with people, after all i'am a 4w5 INFP so it makes sens

By SP concern i mean caring about my health, like eating healthy, sleeping enough, doing sports,.... Not that i'am very good at these (dealing with those concerns are exhausting actually) but i care about them and will feel bad if i feel unhealthy. I need to feel good in my body in order to function correctly.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sp's talk a lot/think a lot about food

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    It's the name of the so/sx subtype (link) that has strong sx and so it starts to resemble sx/sp, which is why it got named 'darksider' I guess. The way they express themselves can be similar to sx/sp, but the difference is that the secondary sx gets turned outside, towards their friends, family, coworkers instead of going on a perpetual internal search like it happens with primary internalized sx instinct.

What do you mean by sp-concern exactly? If it's struggling to make ends meet, that's a concern for many young people nowadays and not necessarily instinct related.
    What does this mean?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'am now sure that it is between Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp, i actually was confused between So and Sx and what i thought was a need of being part of a group was actually the Sx need to connect. Now i have a better understanding of the instincs.

However it is hard between Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx because when i feel the need and have alot of fantasies about living an intense life with someone close to me(who has yet to be found), i also have a neurotic drive toward the Sp instinc, feeling that i'am never secure or "ready" enough to start living my intense life.

Maybe it is my 5wing but i feel that Sp is my natural state not because i like it but because it is the one i have more experience in, even thought i would like to lead an Sx life.

Would i leave everything to follow an intense relation if the chance happen?Maybe.. but only if it is something/someone very special. I guess i would most probably retract into my comfort zone and then regret it the rest of my life.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see overwhelming amounts of type 6 influence here.

This or that, that or this? Oscillation between extremes.

I have internal conflict between materialism/spirituality, idealism/nihilism, optimism/pessimism.
    "It depends."
    All depends on the mood.
    Even the topic at hand: Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp?

Tic tac, tic tac. Like a clock that is set to swing so that it never stands still; this is type 6 that overthinks as to not be caught standing still (9).

I'am now sure that it is between Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp, i actually was confused between So and Sx and what i thought was a need of being part of a group was actually the Sx need to connect. Now i have a better understanding of the instincs.
    I bolded the main theme here.

However it is hard between Sx/Sp and Sp/Sx because when i feel the need and have alot of fantasies about living an intense life with someone close to me(who has yet to be found), i also have a neurotic drive toward the Sp instinc, feeling that i'am never secure or "ready" enough to start living my intense life.
    Stuck between two extremes. This or that? Start - stop. It's like driving with your foot on both the gas and the break. The enemy is within, as is the hero.

Maybe it is my 5wing but i feel that Sp is my natural state not because i like it but because it is the one i have more experience in, even thought i would like to lead an Sx life.

Would i leave everything to follow an intense relation if the chance happen?Maybe.. but only if it is something/someone very special. I guess i would most probably retract into my comfort zone and then regret it the rest of my life.
    Maybe it's this... but... but... Would I? Maybe... only if... I guess... probably... regret.

Hesitation, doubt, need for certainty, left or right?,... To me, the themes are clear, and I would advice looking into type 6 before moving to the instincts. I would've saved me a lot of trouble if I had done this myself, and that's why I'm telling you now.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I see overwhelming amounts of type 6 influence here.

This or that, that or this? Oscillation between extremes.

"It depends."

Even the topic at hand: Sp/Sx or Sx/Sp?

Tic tac, tic tac. Like a clock that is set to swing so that it never stands still; this is type 6 that overthinks as to not be caught standing still (9).

I bolded the main theme here.

Stuck between two extremes. This or that? Start - stop. It's like driving with your foot on both the gas and the break. The enemy is within, as is the hero.

Maybe it's this... but... but... Would I? Maybe... only if... I guess... probably... regret.

Hesitation, doubt, need for certainty, left or right?,... To me, the themes are clear, and I would advice looking into type 6 before moving to the instincts. I would've saved me a lot of trouble if I had done this myself, and that's why I'm telling you now.

Thanks for the answer, it is very interesting because you are not the first person to say that, however i've already done alot of research on the subject.

I recognize myself completely with the need to be authentic, expressing how i differ from the crowd while feeling alien because of my difference. This is who i'am since i was a kid and that the way i always defined myself and wanted people to see me, original. I also have anger management problem because of always seeing what other have that i lack.

I have bigger issue with shame than with fear. I dont find myself often thinking about my security in a way of survival, i dont feel the need to find or follow any authority, what i want is to understand who i trully am, the better version of myself and stay true to that. I see this questioning as the 4's need to analyse and understand the self. Also i have some diagnosis on the DSM that would make a better job explaining my "oscillation" type of thinking than the E6.

4w5 makes complete sens (maybe ultimately 5w4 sx). The tension between the need to express my emotions in the most deep and authentic way possible while in the other hand the need to cut withdrawn in order to analyse my emotions and understand what i want from them. People, society, authority,.. are just an external intrusion wasting my time and energy. My only concern with them is how could i minimise as much as possible the demands they can have on me.