Thread: What do LIEs/ENTjs eat?!

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do LIEs/ENTjs eat?!

This is really becoming a problem. I really don't like spending time thinking what I should eat let alone spend time making it, yet want to care about my health and fitness, so usually end up with bananas and milk or canned beans and mushrooms (which makes me feel guilty because canned food contains unwanted chemicals), nothing that takes more than 10 mins to prepare. Yet don't like spending alot of money on food. Have any LIEs out there found a solution for this?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Make more money, eat out. Basically, all you have to do is show up and pick some fantastic meal that you could never prepare yourself from a wide selection. They prepare it, bring it to you, and clean up the table and the kitchen afterwards. How can you beat that?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually, I used to cook. I have a James Beard recipe book, and every recipe is a winner. He likes his butter, though.

I don’t cook so much any more. What I tend to do is to eat out a lot. Like, 60-80% of my meals.

What cooking I do gets done on Sunday. I’ll go to the store, buy fresh vegetables and a 1-2 lb slab of wild-caught Salmon, broil the Salmon without oil and chop the raw vegetables into 1/4 inch cubes and mix them together. I then have the Salmon with olives and cucumber and bread and maybe a tomato and a free-range egg for breakfast with green tea, then will snack on the chopped vegetables for a snack or meal when I don’t go out to eat.

It takes about two or three hours once a week to prepare all the breakfasts and snacks/dinners for the entire week. The food is all fresh and is fairly healthy. They say the less processing done to food, the better it is for you.

Also, quick frozen is better than canned food.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salads, tuna, salmon, some pasta, zucchini, wine, falafel, sometimes red meat...lots of quick dishes tbh, especially when I´m by myself. I don´t like canned stuff tho. I don´t eat a whole lot because I don´t like the feeling of being full, also where i live people are obsessed with fitness, so...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Money: banknotes with coins. They also drink oil.

I think my diet is super bad as well. It all boils down to taking initiative in business that is uncomfortable...
    I think there is some sort of extreme caricature of LIE who eats in restaurants and lives in a hotel room.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Food.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Everything.

And by that I mean everything classified as food, ofc, lol.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think they eat soy.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Make a list a recipies that you like and are easy/quick/healthy etc.
    note how much time you need to prepare them, the resulting amount (servings), maybe a photo
    Making the list will take time but sooner or later (trial and error) the burden of thinking about what to eat will be gone. You'll have a reference list and a reliable routine so you can focus on things you find more important

find some recipies where you only prepare all the ingredients so you can put them in the freezer and put them directly into the oven when you're hungry (basically home made frozen pizza, lasagna and the like)

If you don't like thinking about what to eat at least try to make the process efficient

(sorry for typos I'm on mobile)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Everything
    Really?

Is that you, Mr. Magnetout, aka Mr. Eat it all?

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Food.
    Really?
    And I tought NT-types are powered by solar energy.

Honestly. I calculated, just for fun, that exposure to sunlight would be sufficient for 12 hours a day, given that the whole area of skin of an average human body could convert the radiation of sunlight to a form of energy useable for the human body, at a conversion efficiency factor of 5 percentage.
    Ok, I admit, that's a crazy idea from me.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Make more money, eat out. Basically, all you have to do is show up and pick some fantastic meal that you could never prepare yourself from a wide selection. They prepare it, bring it to you, and clean up the table and the kitchen afterwards. How can you beat that?
    By being a student

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It seems like most ENxx types prefer to eat out, because then they don't have to prepare anything with their shitty

My ILE bro never prepares any food for himself, he either eats what our Si ego parents cook (ha) or just eats out... or he only lives off candy.

In my experience, that kind of behavior is quite common for (younger) ENxx people who are additionally SP last.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun fact: Food is actually solar energy considered the entire food chain.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Did someone say candy?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they feed on thanatonic energies of death and decay. they suck blood; esp. of poorer people.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The LIE girl I know would eat mostly chicken in hot sauce and rice which is easy to make in a rice cooker. I never knew this but it turns out that rice cookers are not only for cooking rice. You can steam veggies and even cook chicken in them, which may be why Asian people love them so much - for their versatility. She'd usually steam yams in it.

Otherwise she did meal prep like @Adam Strange describes, which I think a lot of people do if they are working full time and don't want to eat out every day, since eating out is not the healthiest option. She bought these plastic trays that were sectioned into three compartments. Then on Sundays she'd cook a large portion of chicken, toss up some salad, steam some veggies, buy dressing in small little packages, and fill up eight trays for Mon-Thu, since salad and veggies don't keep fresh the whole week, and on Friday it's easy to eat out or figure out something else for your meal. This way you're doing cooking only once or twice week.

There are also companies that offer meal prep services which both the LIE and the LII girls have used. They deliver you the entire meal so you don't have to cook yourself. Some services deliver the ingredients which you then prepare yourself and learn how to cook at the same time. I don't have much experience with these, but you can use them for the months when you're really busy. They probably use the cheapest ingredients so it's better to do meal prep yourself. This looks like a good summary - link.

Crock-pots / slow cookers. Not enough experience with this but I remember some students used them. The slowest step is cutting up the vegetables and the meat, then you put it in, pour in water, and let it simmer over night or over the day, and come back to several portions of ready-to-eat soup. I personally like fresh and raw foods so something that has been cooking for hours isn't very appealing.

Cooking with roommates. So this is what they do in co-ops and shared housing. This is when one person cooks for the entire house or for all the roomates and you switch duties every week of couple of days. Saves on time. The con is that you won't be always eating what you want, you need to figure out finances for sharing food, and some people aren't great cooks. This is what I did with an ESI roommate where she cooked breakfast on one day and I cooked it on another day. Our tastes were similar enough that we could easily share food.

A lot of people are doing intermittent fasting diet right now, which is what I've switched to as well even before I knew what it was called. I've found it easy to follow and it does save on food prep time. You can either lose weight on it or maintain the same weight, and even gain weight, so it's not really a diet. With intermittent fasting you basically don't eat much for the entirety of the day, then have one large meal and perhaps a snack closer to the evening. Many report feeling better and sharper if they are not having three meals a day and not snacking all day long, and you only have to fix up one meal. Also has health benefits - link.

Outside of that there are lots of simple recipes that don't take more than 15-20 minutes to prepare, and, not going the full extent of a week-long meal prep, it's easy enough to fix two portions enough for two meals. Easiest is probably fried eggs and veggies, where you fry some onion in a pan, add vegetables like tomatoes, zucchini, cauliflower, and/or mushrooms, and break 2-5 eggs over it. By now I've gathered a small collection of these, so combining easy simple recipes with intermittent eating diet the cooking doesn't take much time at all.

You can also do what SLIs do and optimize your environment for efficiency. Simple things like put your salt, pepper, and spices on a small rack right next to the stove, make sure things are easy to reach, clean any cooking utensils as you're cooking once you no longer need them, flush the plate and frying pan right away so that they don't dry out which makes it harder to clean, make sure you have sharp knives (I've underestimated the importance of this before), and so on. This way you don't have to spend a lot of time on clean-up and just moving around the kitchen.

There is also a rather ingenious way of providing prepared food for yourself, which both an SLI and an IEE I knew did, and this is by working at a restaurant or a grocery store where they allow for their employees to have either free or discounted meals. So there's that option.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wait tables at nice restaurant-> make friends with cooks, definitely best I ever ate

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

find some diets in Internet or visit a medic who gives diet recommendations. such you'll be healthy. they do not recommend anything hard to cook or expensive

generally LIE eat what is cooked by the wife

Make more money, eat out.
    to make more money to eat more is not what LIE would like

> How can you beat that?

marry on a S type woman and allow her to be a householder

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    they feed on thanatonic energies of death and decay. they suck blood; esp. of poorer people.

Bill Nighy - LIE

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol - you’re so right. I was just reading this and it was making me sad. I was thinking, just get an Se creative to make you dinner!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    @Sol - you’re so right. I was just reading this and it was making me sad. I was thinking, just get an Se creative to make you dinner!
    Lol. I'm working on it.

I've not been domestic with ESI's yet, but I have been with two LSI's, and they were both fantastic cooks.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I'm working on it.

I've not been domestic with ESI's yet, but I have been with two LSI's, and they were both fantastic cooks.
    My LSI brother and I text all the time. A LOT of it is like this:

LSI: What’s for dinner?
    ESI: Bucatini carbonara with homemade bread and salad with goat cheese, apples and spicy pecans. You?
    LSI: My improved version of your pork country ribs with balsamic and polenta [photos start coming in of dinner prep at various stages]
    ESI: Sounds delicious. Look at this: [sends photos of bread rising, etc.]
    LSI: Mmmm. Great. I’m hungry now.
    ESI: Me too. Sorry, kiddo.
    LSI: Dinner won’t be ready for another hour. What to eat?
    ESI: Brie and crackers and olives.
    LSI: [sends photo of different snack he’s about to eat]
    ESI: Nice.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah also not very likely, I'm 20

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    wait tables at nice restaurant-> make friends with cooks, definitely best I ever ate
    My ILE bro keeps going to the same food places, becomes a regular, starts charming the cooks etc there, and then he gets discounts sometimes.

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I was thinking, just get an Se creative to make you dinner!
    My grandmother was ESI and did excellent soup "schi".

Some specifics of Si types. They may do larger variety of dishes, as they like to experiment with new (Ne valued). Though not always those new recipes appear to be good, so then they risk with other ones or are trying to improve the existing ones.
    Se types do the same for years and some lesser chance to get "something" from them.
    Another issue of Si types - they may forget about expiration date of the food. Such some % goes to a trashbin. When you dig their refrigerators it may partly remind archaeology.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Among students seems about 50% marry to the final course, 21-22 years. Such was not long ago, at least. I know several pairs which appeared in that age and then married. Someones lived together.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    My grandmother was ESI and did excellent soup "schi".

Some specifics of Si types. They may do larger variety of dishes, as they like to experiment with new (Ne valued). Though not always those new recipes appear to be good, so then they risk with other ones or are trying to improve the existing ones.
    Se types do the same for years and some lesser chance to get "something" from them.
    Another issue of Si types - they may forget about expiration date of the food. Such some % goes to a trashbin. When you dig their refrigerators it may partly remind archaeology.
    SO TRUE!

My ESE mother in law drives me nuts over this. She makes big dinners with lots of dishes but sometimes you get the sense she is just clearing out the fridge using all the leftovers up. She tends to make OK food (nothing exceptionally tasty except now and then), a big variety at Sunday dinner, and lovingly encourages you to eat all you can. Haha she’s very nice but I sometimes won’t eat this or that she has served if I’m worried it is old food.

SEI sister in law makes better, fresher and better seasoned food but when there is a gathering tends to try to encourage me not to bring anything that is too difficult (she’s trying to ease my workload but a challenge in cooking/baking is exactly what I like).

If I visit my SLI mom and offer to cook something special she gets nervous at 1) a kitchen mess and 2) she says, “Just make it easy on yourself and make something simple.”

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol - what’s Schi?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Sol - what’s Schi?
    The recipe is there. It's not hard to cook. In case you never ate - try it. Russian kitchen. You mostly heard about "borsch", while "schi" is similarly or even more usual here.
    I recommend to find natural sour cream for them - it's a common milk cream which later (being in a fridge) becomes like a paste (chocolate, for example) by the consistence after a couple of days. It's not what shops usually sell what is liquid and with stiffener.
    + garlic and rye bread

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last edited by Hope; 07-12-2018 at 04:06 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Really?

Is that you, Mr. Magnetout, aka Mr. Eat it all?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting point. this is true in my experience as well. My ESE mother has kept a few jars of pickled garlic for 16 years! and they are exceptionally delicious. She also eats leftovers all the time. I don't know why she never cooks as much as needed, always more. and then has to eat it herself because my LSI father doesn't like leftovers

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is really possible. At your age there are lots of single ESI’s out there.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The recipe is there. It's not hard to cook. In case you never ate - try it. Russian kitchen. You mostly heard about "borsch", while "schi" is similarly or even more usual here.
    I recommend to find natural sour cream for them - it's a common milk cream which later (being in a fridge) becomes like a paste (chocolate, for example) by the consistence after a couple of days. It's not what shops usually sell what is liquid and with stiffener.
    + garlic and rye bread
    @Sol! This looks delightful. I 100% will make this dish (brisket?? Yes, please) and when I do I’ll post pictures and let you know how it tastes.

Aside: I am about 50% Eastern European heritage (Russian and Polish) although I have more experience making Polish food than Russian. But, when I was a teenager I spent a lot of time with friends who were Russian and met their friends in this Russian American community in LA. So I’ve eaten some Russian food but it’s been over 20 years. The only exception to that is that one of my brothers married a Lithuanian girl but she doesn’t cook; her mother recently made me something that was good but it wasn’t like schi.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This looks delightful. I 100% will make this dish (brisket?? Yes, please) and when I do I’ll post pictures and let you know how it tastes.
    Would be nice to know the result. With your favorite recipes in that theme.
    Pay attention to the onion, - it should not be bitter or too much of it.

> Aside: I am about 50% Eastern European heritage (Russian and Polish) although I have more experience making Polish food than Russian.

I should to have relatives in today Poland. The father of my grandfather by father has migrated there in ~1917-20.

> But, when I was a teenager I spent a lot of time with friends who were Russian and met their friends in this Russian American community in LA.

Nice city according to videos I saw on youtube. I know also about Fort Ross in California

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting point. this is true in my experience as well. My ESE mother has kept a few jars of pickled garlic for 16 years! and they are exceptionally delicious. She also eats leftovers all the time. I don't know why she never cooks as much as needed, always more. and then has to eat it herself because my LSI father doesn't like leftovers
    Lol same as my ESE mother. My father always tell her not to cook much for the same reason and he is Se ego.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone close to me is sick I'll cook (and apparently I am good). But if I am on my own I am quite low maintenance, a long as it is healthy enough and won't give me malnutrition I can live on anything. But some of my favorite "LIE foods" are soylent and huel, they are just godsend.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have any LIEs out there found a solution for this?
    Nope, I embrace it... lol- 5 minutes are less.

Breakfast
    Canned sardines with olive oil and crackers
    Canned tuna with olive oil and crackers
    Hard-boiled eggs
    Chobani yogurt
    Banana

Dinner
    Teryaki salmon with peas
    Fried chicken with steamed broccoli
    Chobani yogurt
    Banana
    Dove dark chocolate

When I visit my xSFj mom, I gain 3 pounds after the first meal. <3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Headed View Post
    Nope, I embrace it... lol- 5 minutes are less.

Breakfast
    Hard-boiled eggs
    Chobani yogurt
    Banana

Dinner
    Teryaki salmon with peas
    Fried chicken with steamed broccoli
    Chobani yogurt
    Banana
    Dove dark chocolate

When I visit my xSFj mom, I gain 3 pounds after the first meal. <3

Haha, eats all the foods. You need this. And there is dessert! Haha. I know the type.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Headed View Post
    Damn, those are also favorites of mine.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing. LIEs have Si PoLR, which implies that they devalue personal sensations to the point where their living space is a literal sensory deprivation tank. Si bases are the opposite. They're incredibly fat since they can't do anything but eat 4 dimensionally. Any LIE who tells you they eat is lying, and you should tell them to consult a psychologist for their anorexia.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast