Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Third Base isn't home run

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I love me some Ne.

How is this title related to Activity relationships?
    You asked for some Ne...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but triples make you feel better than Homers, because they're rarer, and require the type of luck one can't conjure alone.

Also, a double but then you steal third. Thats pretty dope. Makes you feel like a Baws.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh please, duals are just normal people who are likely to be indispensable in a workplace setting. They make you more productive. Dating a dual is possible - but the romance is emergent, it is not a sparkling love at first sight thing.

Maritsa mistypes then men she dates, calling Jadae an LSE, and that writer dude, who she now calls an ESE. Activity could be great. They are not "third base." Duals are not the only option.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you consider normal people indispensable? Or are certain individuals in the workplace dispensable?
    Everyone is dispensable!
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Oh please, duals are just normal people who are likely to be indispensable in a workplace setting. They make you more productive. Dating a dual is possible - but the romance is emergent, it is not a sparkling love at first sight thing.
    "Dating duals is possible"? What an understatement.

It can be love at first sight. Duality IS special, let's not undervalue it, even though other things are needed also. In my opinion duality is the most romantic relationship, no other combination offers the sense of lightness and freedom and fun.

Yes, they can be good at work, one reason is that they protect superego (which is often under pressure at work, especially if you don't have your ideal job).

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*wipes away single solitary tear*

Oh, duality.

Creepy-bg

maybe each duality pair is a different "type" of duality with different dynamics, pace, and intensity.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    maybe each duality pair is a different "type" of duality with different dynamics, pace, and intensity.
    Perhaps. That is interesting. Augustinaviciute (my God, I spelled that correctly the first time!) has the initiative in dual relations is in the hands of the extrovert partner. Thus, this means an LII guy will await signals from the ESE, and await invitation to social events wherein Romance is a possibility. Until that time, I think she is a heck of a good girl, but will downplay my romantic needs.

(In the mean time, will be I lusting after my Fe-IEI benefactors...)

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    I thought that was a given. Hence the duality descriptions floating around... somewhere. (I think they're on the socionika site.)
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Everyone is dispensable!
    Yup, graveyards are full of indispensable people.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Perhaps. That is interesting. Augustinaviciute (my God, I spelled that correctly the first time!) has the initiative in dual relations is in the hands of the extrovert partner. Thus, this means an LII guy will await signals from the ESE, and await invitation to social events wherein Romance is a possibility. Until that time, I think she is a heck of a good girl, but will downplay my romantic needs.
    But that's in theory. Nothing wrong in helping destiny a little.

(In the mean time, will be I lusting after my Fe-IEI benefactors...)
    You should go for those wonderful H-ESE women. You're lucky to have them as your ideal mach. The H even gives them a slight impression of IEI that you seem to be craving.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Yeah but triples make you feel better than Homers, because they're rarer, and require the type of luck one can't conjure alone.

Also, a double but then you steal third. Thats pretty dope. Makes you feel like a Baws.
    LOL
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Bump.

I love me some Ne.

How is this title related to Activity relationships?

Baseball is an activity.

Do you score 'home runs' more often with your duals, Maritsa?
    If you require one to one correlation, pls look at another valued function than Te.
    -