Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: EIIs-INFjs on cursing and swearing

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIIs-INFjs on cursing and swearing

Seeing as EII is the type that sort of most readily wants to not offend anyone, how readily do you swear around people you've just met? If you are (or know) an EII do they sort of get a feel for a person before they drop some cuss words, or if they are a person who does cuss do they do it whenever they feel?

Or do you know EIIs who don't have a problem at all with foul language but tend not to use it themselves?

What are your experiences and opinions?
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Not very readily at all. I don't even around ppl I love and am comfortable with; I will say "shit" when something goes wrong. I can't imagine an EII being comfortable with cursing.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck yo couch!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Fuck yo couch!
    huh?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My EII sister would NEVER use even slightly coarse language.

I have an EII neighbor I've never heard swear, but I don't know if she has an issue with it like my sister.

Another EII friend - I don't think I've heard her swear either.

I don't think this is an absolute but they are probably less likely to use coarse language than the average.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    My EII sister would NEVER use even slightly coarse language.

I have an EII neighbor I've never heard swear, but I don't know if she has an issue with it like my sister.

Another EII friend - I don't think I've heard her swear either.

I don't think this is an absolute but they are probably less likely to use coarse language than the average.
    How coarse is coarse in your experiences with these people? Are the 'lighter' words acceptable like bitch or ass?
    Easy Day

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    huh?
    Sorry maritsa. It's a metaphor.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Fuck yo couch!
    Was Rick James EII? That would be a whole new level of hilarious for that joke. Then it turns from him being an asshole from him making an Si-valuing assessment of an uncomfortable couch and working to make sure that the problem is rectified... by destroying the couch.

It makes perfect sense you see.
    Easy Day

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I do readily want to offend others. I don't think being Fi base means you'll always be rainbows and sunshine, it just means you pay attention to and understand what you could say to offend or not offend others. That's sort of an upper-hand in communication, I think, in some ways. Anyway, sometimes I say shit for the sole purpose of pissing people off and I might do it because I don't like them, or I think the things they say are dumb.

My candid use of language is often speckled with colourful metaphors involving sexual acts and/or genitalia, but I'm wary of whom I'm speaking to and I wouldn't do it in front of people get hung up on certain words, or flinch at the graphic imagery. It doesn't mean I like it that way, though, I'm never comfortable with those people and we'd never go past being formal. I'm comfortable around people who are okay with me swearing my head off.

I know INFjs who would never swear though, and while they look adorable and meek and harmless, they have an undercurrent of bigotry and hatred for people not doing things the "right way", having this judgmental streak against people who don't love humanity the right way or who laugh at dark humour and so forth. I think, among many other things, this is one of the biggest weaknesses native to INFjs.

Out of the ones I know, there are IXFjs who are cool with pretty much everything but they don't swear themselves or don't prefer that sort of language, though they aren't pedantic about it. I know another INFj who swears as much as I do, but it's more ironic and not-really-taking-oneself-seriously kind of way. I don't know any INFjs who would dump swear words without consideration, though, there's always a testing period where they try to get a feel for what the other person is like before opening up. IME, anyway.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what radio said
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear a lot, just not usually in front of other people. I have a bad habit of dropping cluster F-bombs when aggravated.

Edit: I have surprised a couple of people by swearing. It's probably somewhere in-between my religion and coming off like such a sweet kid.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They could never!
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    They could never!
    *flips him off*
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    *flips him off*
    Wait, you said "him"? Oh. I don't get it.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, you said "him"? Oh. I don't get it.
    It was directed at you.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was directed at you.
    Yes, I do have a penis and she doesn't, hence the "him", not the "her". I deduced it that far. And I guessed I figured it the rest of it.
    Maybe I just find it confusing sometimes when people 'attack' (in the wide sense of the term) obvious troll-ish facades I put on.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do have a penis and she doesn't, hence the "him", not the "her". I deduced it that far. And I guessed I figured it the rest of it.
    Maybe I just find it confusing sometimes when people 'attack' (in the wide sense of the term) obvious troll-ish facades I put on.
    Ah. An ironic "fuck you" isn't really my style, so I settled for flipping you off instead. No malice here.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always get a kick out of it when people make jokes and then don't get the ones that are made in response.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Seeing as EII is the type that sort of most readily wants to not offend anyone, how readily do you swear around people you've just met? If you are (or know) an EII do they sort of get a feel for a person before they drop some cuss words, or if they are a person who does cuss do they do it whenever they feel?

Or do you know EIIs who don't have a problem at all with foul language but tend not to use it themselves?

What are your experiences and opinions?
    I know 15 EIIs and they don't swear. I know 17 LSEs as well, including me, and they don't swear as well.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always get a kick out of it when people make jokes and then don't get the ones that are made in response.
    You'd enjoy my company.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd enjoy my company.
    I actually came to that conclusion well before this thread.
    Easy Day

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually came to that conclusion well before this thread.
    I knew it! The feeling is mutual.
    Ah. An ironic "fuck you" isn't really my style, so I settled for flipping you off instead. No malice here.
    You didn't like to say "fuck you" because that would have been swearing!

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CUNT
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my current favourite swear word is shitcocks, closely followed by cuntface and dickbags.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I will permanently ignore anyone who calls me a B or a C word. -My morality; everyone else should too.
    -

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will permanently ignore anyone who calls me a B or a C word. -My morality; everyone else should too.
    oh that's funny, i've seen you call at least two women "bitch" on this forum, you filthy fucking hypocrite.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    oh that's funny, i've seen you call at least two women "bitch" on this forum, you filthy fucking hypocrite.
    Really? who?
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget this one:

LOOK AT IT YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once playfully called a half-palestinian ESI friend sand****** just because I knew she'd find it incomprehensibly horrible and I wanted to see the look on her face. She's such an emo, always talking about the non-existent racism she has to deal with and how some old lady from her house always looks at her in a bad way "clearly because she's different", even though she looks just as Finnish as everyone else here and no one would ever guess she has roots somewhere else if she just kept quiet about it. I found it amusing that she didn't talk to me for two weeks..
    Last edited by willekeurig; 05-28-2012 at 09:42 PM.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    CUNT
    This is Don Quixote to Shy Librarian:
    Thank you for breaking the stereotype of your Socionics type. I'll continue on the other front, breaking the obnoxious ILE stereotype.
    Over.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now Maritsa can tell us how different it is to swear using bitch/cunt vs. piece of shit when talking about a human being.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I did say I called people SHIT. I can't tolerate their stupidity sometimes especially when extended to oblivion, with no help.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People with the same type are not going to be identical in any way so they'll have indivdual ways their IEs show up in them, and in particular Fi is very subjective.

I do think there is probably less swearing on average among EIIs than most other types, but it's just a difference of where the average is.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? who?
    Ver was one of them.
    There has been at least one other than me and her, though. I just can,t remember at the moment who/when.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did say I called people SHIT. I can't tolerate their stupidity sometimes especially when extended to oblivion, with no help.
    May I suggest, then, that you avoid looking in the mirror...

Oh, and maybe have your sister start reviewing and editing your writings for you again.

Edited to add:
    Oh, and you lied in this thread. You didn,t admit to calling people shit until I pulled up your quote. What you had said earlier in this thread was:
    Not very readily at all. I don't even around ppl I love and am comfortable with; I will say "shit" when something goes wrong. I can't imagine an EII being comfortable with cursing.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Dig all you can about me out of jealousy, spite, out of the need to control to possess, to criticize to lust over and to anger and rage for the madness in you which you or no one else can EVER control.
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dig all you can about me out of jealousy, spite, out of the need to control to possess, to criticize to lust over and to anger and rage for the madness in you which you or no one else can EVER control.
    You are nothing worth possessing, nothing worth controlling, and nothing worth lusting over.
    You have nothing worth being jealous of, either.

Except to yourself.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Say that to yourself and keep repeating and that will help you in dealing with it.
    -

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    People with the same type are not going to be identical in any way so they'll have indivdual ways their IEs show up in them, and in particular Fi is very subjective.

I do think there is probably less swearing on average among EIIs than most other types, but it's just a difference of where the average is.
    I know what you mean and I don't want to sound semantic but when categorizing people.. ain't it almost always about what the difference in average? About only, mostly minor, correlations? If you want to single out what types do, their external activities are always varying in degrees, every type does X, and it's only a matter of how much and how does the type - often - do it.
    So it's okay to call people shit if they are dealing with the immense burden that is being intolerantly stupid.. ..AS FAR as you don't call them as cunt or bitch.

I'll shut up and go back to spectating if this turns to Delta NF battleground.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast