Thread: the smartest kid in school

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the smartest kid in school

The smartest kid in school was probably a 3. 3s direct their attention towards things that will earn themselves the most recognition, so usually whoever everyone thought was the smartest kid in school was, they were probably a 3. People don't usually recognize the intelligence of 5s because they probably don't study things that people care about, so their intelligence goes under appreciated.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was the smartest kid in my school
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a 5, thank-you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    are you sure you aren't a 3?
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most definitely...I actually don't get why the smartest should be 3? Perhaps you mean "the kid with the highest grades in every subject and that partecipates in a zillion extracurricular activities"? I used to always be first at the math/physics and italian/latin olympics (among my schoolmates I mean) & final exams, but I didn't always get the highest grades and/or did my homework. Actually, I often wouldn't do my homework at home, I mostly did it just before class.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this sounds a little BS-ey. My twin bro was the smartest guy in school and I was second fiddle and we're either both 9's or he's a 5. We weren't really trying to earn recognition though. The awesome just sort of seeped out, permeating everything we touched with this sort of accolade-laden miasma. Sometimes the people who rise to the top aren't really trying to be there.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 is more like the smartest kid in school that nobody ever knew about, lol. (of course that's just what our vanity tells us, but hey)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think you're smart enough to measure who is the smartest and know what being smart means, then I guess you'd have a weird idea like this. Perhaps you can use more specific words or explain your comment.

Creepy-male

I think "smartest kid in school" is sort of like a social position, like "village idiot" or "town eccentric".

It's really dependent on your school's culture, which will be shaped by your country, and the school itself. My old highschool had "legends", usually quiet, nerdy kids who gained recognition through having their reputation propagated throughout the school's social network.

Such an environment doesn't really support a central celebrity, more like a whole bunch of them, usually associated with what sort of group they were relevant to. The outsiders such as myself probably wouldn't have much to do with the sporters, for instance, even though I was very highly mythologised and widely known during my time at the school.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think "smartest kid in school" is sort of like a social position, like "village idiot" or "town eccentric".
    I disagree. It's obviously determined by the person with the highest scores in standardized-like type of tests.

Creepy-male

I disagree. It's obviously determined by the person with the highest scores in standardized-like type of tests.
    I don't think even sheep is retarded enough to correlate test-taking ability and willingness alongside of intelligence to personality type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is a waste of thinking power.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The smartest kid in my high school was either me or my friend who's ILI. I'm a 4w3, she is probably not a three, although 3 (either wing) is actually a possibility for her enneagram type, now that I think about it. But she's more likely to be something else, I think, although I don't think of her as a 5. Maybe 3, but tritype 3-5-1/9? Hmmm... anyway, yeah.

I don't know who the smartest kid in college is, but he or she is probably either a 4 or a 5. The most successful kid is, I'm sure, a 3, who will go on to be a finance person and make buckets and buckets of money.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I don't think even sheep is retarded enough to correlate test-taking ability and willingness alongside of intelligence to personality type.
    I never said willingness and personality type, sorry.

Creepy-Cyclops

I'm not particularly interested in enneagram, however, at school, the smartest person - if you use the definition of smart in terms of someone who has all their homework done, studies all the time, bookworm, good student ticking all the boxes, I can think of females who sort of fit the type 6 definition being abundant in this "smart" category.

The real clever people were those who'd play games to see how little work they could do and still pass exams, like me, hah.

Creepy-male

I never said willingness and personality type, sorry.

Sheep is FDG's sock puppet troll account?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know who Sheep is.

I'm not particularly interested in enneagram, however, at school, the smartest person - if you use the definition of smart in terms of someone who has all their homework done, studies all the time, bookworm, good student ticking all the boxes, I can think of females who sort of fit the type 6 definition being abundant in this "smart" category.
    I don't think that's generally considered particularly smart? Especially by teachers themselves (this could also be partially cultural, mind you).

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    We weren't really trying to earn recognition though. The awesome just sort of seeped out, permeating everything we touched with this sort of accolade-laden miasma. Sometimes the people who rise to the top aren't really trying to be there.
    lol
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Yeah, this sounds a little BS-ey. My twin bro was the smartest guy in school and I was second fiddle and we're either both 9's or he's a 5. We weren't really trying to earn recognition though. The awesome just sort of seeped out, permeating everything we touched with this sort of accolade-laden miasma. Sometimes the people who rise to the top aren't really trying to be there.
    Interesting. "accolade-laden miasma" is a pretty phrase. Were you and your brother both good in the same subjects, or was one better in some subjects and another better in others? Hurrah for accidentally success. I can kinda relate almost...? I feel like my worst work gets rewarded for being technically right, while my best work gets not as good of grades for being technically not as great (even though I think the ideas/insights are better, but oh well).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that seems like the 3 guy who started the topic is trying to vangloriate himself for being a 3.

it sounds rather foolish.

at school the best were 5s, 6s and 7s, because they´re more mental, and 1s, because they´re not satisfied with anything less than PERFECT and can be very disciplined and study for long periods of time. So the kid with the best grades at school was probably a 1, 5 or 7 - NERD SUBTYPE lol - which gladly I was not though I had good grades they were never the best.

At the school I went to, the kid with best grades was an acquaintance of mine, a nerdy 1w9 jew, and the second one was a close friend who is a 7w8.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E5 #1

edit:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know two valedictorians and neither were 3s

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't even know who Sheep is.

I don't think that's generally considered particularly smart? Especially by teachers themselves (this could also be partially cultural, mind you).
    Yeah you're right, it's a sloppy way to use the word smart, although, i've heard it applied to such people. Smart I suppose in the sense that they are doing everything they are supposed to do to comply with the world.

I dunno, I know some guys with zero qualifications who earn a good bit of money and are quite practically resourceful,

define:smart - Google Search

•showing mental alertness and calculation and resourcefulness

Which might fall into the above category, oh and some people who do really well at school but don't seem particularly alert and resourceful to me.

I guess that's the beauty of the English language, I can use it to mean just about anything, oh it's also it's downfall. Great.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most definitely...I actually don't get why the smartest should be 3? Perhaps you mean "the kid with the highest grades in every subject and that partecipates in a zillion extracurricular activities"? I used to always be first at the math/physics and italian/latin olympics (among my schoolmates I mean) & final exams, but I didn't always get the highest grades and/or did my homework. Actually, I often wouldn't do my homework at home, I mostly did it just before class.
    As always, I pretty much always agree with what FDG says.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, maybe this is a lie.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The smartest kids in math where INTp and ISTp.
    The laziest was the ISTp while the INTp worked her ass off for the same grade.
    The smartest kids in my english classes were ESFp and ISFp girls, because they read tons of stuff.
    The smartest kids in Journalism were ENTp and INFj, also politics and debate.
    The smartest kids in Science were ISTj's and ESFj's.
    Most of the ESTj's were out partying and ditching class, so I don't think I noticed them, but they were great at running and sports.

The smartest kids in physics were INTp and ESFp
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2010 at 06:15 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was probably one of (if not the) most intelligent people at my school.

You figure this out in class discussions when you are able to easily comprehend a new subject, whilst everyone else needs to be spoon fed it like zombies. The telling sign is an inability to use past information to figure out new information. It's very sad because you realize that intelligence increases exponentially.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah and then they stay on that topic for a week and all you want to do is ditch school

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Interesting. "accolade-laden miasma" is a pretty phrase. Were you and your brother both good in the same subjects, or was one better in some subjects and another better in others? Hurrah for accidentally success. I can kinda relate almost...? I feel like my worst work gets rewarded for being technically right, while my best work gets not as good of grades for being technically not as great (even though I think the ideas/insights are better, but oh well).
    We were both good at math, though I think my brother actually understood it and I kind of just managed to solve problems without really knowing what I was doing or why it worked. He was much more a math/science/computer guy than I was. The stuff I was best at tended to be english/history/foreign languages. Neither one of us was in a class where we weren't in the top 3. The main difference between us was that my brother was way more conscientious about homework and I procrastinated the hell out of everything that didn't involve creative writing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't mean to say 3s are the most intelligent type. I meant they direct their efforts to study the things that will make them look the smartest. If you catch them when they aren't on their game, they aren't as smart as they make themselves look. But not all 3s do that, just the few have been taught that being smart will make you a valuable person.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably wasn't even close to being the smartest kid in my school, I was probably the most helpful. Everyone came to me for answers, homework help, and so on. So I think it led to an inflated sense of intelligence on my part.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When I was in high school, I got C/D's but made 5's on my AP exams in many of my classes. My best friend kill himself senior year in HS and I spent the rest of that year and most of college unconscious. I literally don't remember age 16-21. I skipped two grades in my life and probably could have skipped a few more if I had any sort of adult supervision.

I don't think I'm all that smart but I go a knack of figuring out the seamy underside of stuff, I literally never cared for grades or school or whatever and just studied what I found interesting. Worked out pretty good. I met a lot of people at college that are in many ways smarter then me, but they aren't as imaginative because their mind is indoctrinated in some sort of specialization.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does the smartest kid in school have to be receptive to subjects in the first place? Let me rephrase my rhetorical question by saying that everyone will have an opinion of what being smart means, and these opinions will all differ in context person to person, but be very similar in the status that all have a certain expectation judged by their character and philosophy. None of your thoughts about intelligence are really all that objective, and this is one of the most difficult things to be theorizing. In this personality of Socionics, everyone has good and bad suites, but not even those can be agreed upon. There's little expectation put on me hearing an objective analysis on intelligence in this lifetime. That's why we can only be so general with our references.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I was probably one of (if not the) most intelligent people at my school.

You figure this out in class discussions when you are able to easily comprehend a new subject, whilst everyone else needs to be spoon fed it like zombies. The telling sign is an inability to use past information to figure out new information. It's very sad because you realize that intelligence increases exponentially.
    Been there, I am taking intro literature (mainly to finish up basics, literature isn't important for science/engineering) but in our weekly discussion section its painfull stuffy.

The teacher will ask a question and no one will respond, it will just go silent and get really stuffy. The teacher will then have to spoon feed the information to the class until it gets to be blatantly obvious. If you do participate no one responds to what you say. The discussion is painfully akward. Sometimes we are assigned to discuss some section or quotes from the readings and people are genuinely lost as to the deeper nature of whats going on, they typically focus on some of the basic surface details, if you actually say something intelligent your group looks at you with the blank stare of a cow or deer and then they pass you the ball to be the group representative. I even tried to get around this once by remaining willfully silent when the TA called our groups name, I just looked down at my paper and didn't say anything, finally the pressure caused one of my group mates to break and she answered the TA, immediately after 10 seconds into the conversation she just turned to me and was like "I like what you said" and then paused.

Long story short, most people seem like they have nothing going on upstairs in discussion section, I mean even jokes.... In another class, a Space System Engineering my teacher was comparing different types of teams, and he asked "Whats the difference between a football team and a space systems design team", someone responded "The physical ability of the people", and I lol'd but no one else did.

School in general is just some mind-numbing zombifying experience of routine drudgery. I know ocassionally some people say some smart things, but on the whole its seems people act retarded like deer in the headlights, just blankly staring. I think they know more, but no one can articulate anything intelligently or even care to, if you do strike up an involved conversation it usualy involves a heavy amount of MTV slang or Dude-Bro. I also don't really like school but I'd rather either just say fuck it and not go, or expect to get something out of it, one or the other, matters little to me, but I hate the whole idea of just acting like a retarded deer all day and keeping my head down and pounding out assignments I could care less about, it seems like some kind of bullshit charade. Plus school trains people to be employees and not individuals, leaders, and visionaries etc..... stuff that the world really needs, its a lot of bullshit. But yea, point in case.... discussion can be painfully slow and stupid and you end up getting slowly spoon fed by the TA cause no one speaks up.