Thread: Thoughts on Ti/Fe and Te/Fi and weak functions.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts on Ti/Fe and Te/Fi and weak functions.

The Fi/Te couples I know:

The partner does not like to meet friends. He "needs" one person and prefers not to got to parties and the like. The partner tells the "that person is bad for you, don't meet him, don't trust him. We should be alone all the time" etc. The tries to isolate the from friends and likes to control him. Speaking on logic, the partner does not like (or just can't) to analyze things and prefers to believe what the partner says. If the relationship between them gets worse, anything the partner said becomes "wrong".

The Fe/Ti couples I know:

The partner likes to impose his "worldview" to the partner. He says "I know how things work. Listen to me, not to them. They are clueless". They like to go to parties, mingle, drink beer, etc as being "alone" is boring (threesomes are welcome ).

So people try to minimize the amount of time their "non-valued" functions are present. ()

When situations make you use your polr, I usually "succeed". It is just I dislike it. In my case, I am supposed to be polite, restrained, etc (whilst I prefer a style of communication, with jokes and group conversations). When facing activities, on the contrary, I prefer not to participate. people, for instance, label nerds as "creepy, geeks" etc.

In nightclubs, / people like to dance all the time (gammas prefer to dance with another person, betas constantly exchange partners . In / nightclubs, people talk to each other (deltas prefer one on one conversations and alphas group conversations)
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think an EJ-Te is less likely to "want to meet friends" than IJ-Fi? Just wondering what your experience in this matter is, ´cause mine says the opposite? I also like an unrestrainted atmosphere with jokes and bullshit, the IJ-Fi I know kind of think "I ideally do not like it so I want to stay at home", you have to force them to go out.

I agree with the nightclub thing, well, let´s say that "it matches my observations"
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    You think an EJ-Te is less likely to "want to meet friends" than IJ-Fi? Just wondering what your experience in this matter is, ´cause mine says the opposite? I also like an unrestrainted atmosphere with jokes and bullshit, the IJ-Fi I know kind of think "I ideally do not like it so I want to stay at home", you have to force them to go out.
    Now that you mention it, Ij Fi are less likely to want to meet friends (ignoring function). Ej Te "know" somehow (role function) that it is important to meet people. partners convince them not to indulge in friends meeting. The goal of Fi base people is to isolate their partners (to "exclude" from them, so to speak).
    ILE "Searcher"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No. I am Fi plus. I want very much for my partner to have close and loving friend and I will stop my partner's mean behavior that would otherwise drive people away. Helping to keep a close circle of relations around my difficult partner is important to me.y
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

WE SHOULD BE ALONE ALL THE TIME
    ALL THE TIME
    ALONE
    ALONE ALL THE TIME
    US
    FOREVER

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    No. I am Fi plus. I want very much for my partner to have close and loving friend and I will stop my partner's mean behavior that would otherwise drive people away. Helping to keep a close circle of relations around my difficult partner is important to me.y
    This is compatible with my ideas. Good behaviour to deal with people, but Fi tries to minimize the amount of time you spend with others
    ILE "Searcher"

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    When situations make you use your polr, I usually "succeed". It is just I dislike it. In my case, I am supposed to be polite, restrained, etc.
    I'm really bad at being restrained and polite when needed, am I now a Fi polr too plz?
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I'm really bad at being restrained and polite when needed, am I now a Fi polr too plz?
    That makes you his dual since you two have compatible traits....ugh what will the lord do in order for you to have eyes that can see?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is compatible with my ideas. Good behaviour to deal with people, but Fi tries to minimize the amount of time you spend with others
    That depends. If there's a function involved that actively restrains territory like Se then the fi is to limit time and interaction with people that the other person doesn't want. That is again not the case with me. What lse does is they take actions which are wishful thinking "well if I do x they may x" what my role is is to help them think and analyze their decisions not to force them cut off or limit time with relations. One's mother however mean and spiteful is still one's mother. This relation is static but if my SO is constantly being but down and hurt by that interaction I'm not going to say stop seeing her I'm going to suggest manners of interaction as to bring them close in a harmoneous way. For example...honey what if when you are with her you watch tv and therefore she will not have the opportunity to bitch at you. ..maybe a comedy. I want very much for love to grow. Relations and love is what I think we are here for.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-28-2014 at 06:21 PM.
    -

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might need a little help understanding some of these Fi/Fe distinctions but don't want to derail this thread.

I thought an Fe valuing person such as an ESE or EIE would be more concerned with the outward behavior, and might ignore the underlying issues (Fi) in the interest of preserving outwardly positive relations.

I thought that an Fi valuing person would be more concerned with the integrity of the inward feeling and that the outward expression accurately reflects the inward feeling, regardless of whether the atmosphere remains positive.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I might need a little help understanding some of these Fi/Fe distinctions but don't want to derail this thread.

I thought an Fe valuing person such as an ESE or EIE would be more concerned with the outward behavior, and might ignore the underlying issues (Fi) in the interest of preserving outwardly positive relations.

I thought that an Fi valuing person would be more concerned with the integrity of the inward feeling and that the outward expression accurately reflects the inward feeling, regardless of whether the atmosphere remains positive.
    The integrity of the inward feeling is to maintain the static bonds of these relations. To talk about tthe persons feelings in regards to them. The talking part is where the integrity is upheld. To say "do how you feel" is rediculous. One can't abandon their own mother over petty conflicts and differences in personality. The lse can't see differences in how others are and therefore emotionally react to actions that don't fit a rigid judgement. These emotions are expressed then they seek moral support to talk about it with me who obviously take things in and make Ne suggestions "here's an idea...why don't you go golfing." That is not a focus on external behavior of emotions. An ESE might say " don't yell and curse at them!" Those are external manifestations of behavior.Ok so an lse comes to me obviously valuing relations with his mom and talking about it in a manner that upsets him. The suggeation ov various actions are to get them thinking abouy the possibility that good relations can be had but the reality is that lse get so hung up on what they see happening that it's hard for them to see ideas in the way of human interaction. Ese is concerned with outward behavior in the immediate moment as they see they behavior.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The individual sees reality primarily through static personal ethics and stable interpersonal bonds between individuals, including himself, where the status of such interpersonal bonds is determined by his personal ethics. The individual is very confident in evaluating the ethical or moral qualities, and their consistency, of other people. This makes the individual seem "judgemental" or "self-righteous" to people less so inclined. If he has difficulty in deciding the status of a personal relationship, he will take action to try to reach a conclusion but if that continues to elude him, he will regard the relationship as not worth it. His own sense of constancy in personal ethics and in his relationships with others is a very strong factor in his sense of self-worth.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What confuses you is that it is a personal value to me for people to have good relationships with people they love and family. In order to have stable relations there are different thinga people can do. I'm not judging their behavior. I'm making suggeations in the way of interactions. I may be given or fed a picture of mom yelling at her son and bitching over undone dishes that is an image that is told to me and say " wouldn't it be nicer if you could do it in advance and show it off and therefore mom would fee that and appreciate it and not bitch at you for it?" The person may not have thought of that action and may stop to see the image in an improved way and think "yeah that could work and I would not compromise too much of my own integrity to maintain this relation"
    -

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That makes you his dual since you two have compatible traits....ugh what will the lord do in order for you to have eyes that can see?
    Be quiet, you evil EIE witch. You're not deluding anyone.
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What confuses you is that it is a personal value to me for people to have good relationships with people they love and family. In order to have stable relations there are different thinga people can do. I'm not judging their behavior. I'm making suggeations in the way of interactions.
    This is indeed confusing, because it is also a personal value for me for people to have good relationships with people they love and also family. I see behavior that harms good relationships and I make suggestions that I think will improve interactions. And yet I am Fe valuing.

According to Wikisocion http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko

-Fe minimize quarrels and negative emotions
    +Fe maximize positive emotions and experiences
    -Fi minimize bad relationships
    +Fi maximize good relationships

Maybe hearing more examples of +Fi will help me. I know what -Fi looks like.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is indeed confusing, because it is also a personal value for me for people to have good relationships with people they love and also family. I see behavior that harms good relationships and I make suggestions that I think will improve interactions. And yet I am Fe valuing.

According to Wikisocion http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko

-Fe minimize quarrels and negative emotions
    +Fe maximize positive emotions and experiences
    -Fi minimize bad relationships
    +Fi maximize good relationships

Maybe hearing more examples of +Fi will help me. I know what -Fi looks like.
    Yes exactly. The extremes and differences are when faced with a partner who is having emotional stuff with family an Fe types want their partner to do the work the personal work in finding the stuff that bothers them and taking care of it themselves so there is support from the pov of being emotionally sensitive and listening to their partner but I feel that Fe don't have the patience for emotional neediness. I have emense amount of love and support to listen to nagging emotions. I don't want the person to be on an island by themselves. Fe expects that stuff to come from the person from inside them so that they can find or feel positive emotional experiences. I am way more compassionate and patient also I find that Fe base run out of compassion because they stop putting out the effort because it serves no purpose because emotional nagging will be back the next day but around another matter. I am all prepared for "what is nagging at you today honey...talk to me about it." This concentration and constantly talking about negative emotions doesn't bother. AlGiving attention and validation. If you have a lymp I want to hear about it and it didn't bother me my emotions and I am sypathizing and empathizing I'm not trying to uplift their mood or present a positive emotional experience.. I'm like a vessel a nurturer. Listening not trying to solve their problems. This thing that i do isn't giving or maximizing positive emotional experiences.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-28-2014 at 09:55 PM.
    -

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes exactly. The extremes and differences are when faced with a partner who is having emotional stuff with family an Fe types want their partner to do the work the personal work in finding the stuff that bothers them and taking care of it themselves so there is support from the pov of being emotionally sensitive and listening to their partner but I feel that Fe don't have the patience for emotional neediness. I have emense amount of love and support to listen to nagging emotions. I don't want the person to be on an island by themselves. Fe expects that stuff to come from the person from inside them so that they can find or feel positive emotional experiences. I am way more compassionate and patient also I find that Fe base run out of compassion because they stop putting out the effort because it serves no purpose because emotional nagging will be back the next day but around another matter. I am all prepared for "what is nagging at you today honey...talk to me about it." This concentration and constantly talking about negative emotions doesn't bother. AlGiving attention and validation. If you have a lymp I want to hear about it and it didn't bother me my emotions and I am sypathizing and empathizing I'm not trying to uplift their mood or present a positive emotional experience.. I'm like a vessel a nurturer. Listening not trying to solve their problems. This thing that i do isn't giving or maximizing positive emotional experiences.
    Thanks for responding. This is more information than I am going to be able to process before leaving town in the morning.

For now, I have just a few observations about compassion: As an EIE, I am very compassionate and ready to listen and help people solve their problems. However, recurring Si-related problems will make me stressed out after a while. Even then I never cut people off from telling me their problems.
    My SEI and ESE friends don't have the Si-polr problem and are very good listeners with an endless supply of compassion for their friends' issues.

Once again, apologies to the OP for the off-topicness.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks for responding. This is more information than I am going to be able to process before leaving town in the morning.

For now, I have just a few observations about compassion: As an EIE, I am very compassionate and ready to listen and help people solve their problems. However, recurring Si-related problems will make me stressed out after a while. Even then I never cut people off from telling me their problems.
    My SEI and ESE friends don't have the Si-polr problem and are very good listeners with an endless supply of compassion for their friends' issues.

I feel that you are wrong about how ESE can endleasly hear problems they joke around and try to make light of funny situations and SEI do like to emapthize however their feedback is not in the way that I give it which is in the manner of "you gotta do things that make YOU feel good" mine is more like "what is going on that makes you feel bad" one is more focus to happy and positive emotions the other yo melancholy.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm going to give you an example of how an Fe maximizes emotional experience. So, I go to an ESE and ask, seriously, as a thought and possibility, "do you think people in Nigeria would not die of ebola if they ate at McDonald's? " I'm expecting a serious reply instead he jokes saying "I don't know what kind of meals they would serve. Maybe a 'sadness mean' instead of a happy meal [laughs]. I can only imagine the toy that meal." That maximizes my emotinal experience because it's funny as shit and makes me lol. I can never think of sarcastic and witty stuff like this
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I had to reread this thread and our interaction. I feel that you are constantly apologizing for your actions. I don't do this. Maybe because I ignore Fe. I was also going to ask why did you finally settled on EIE..What made you make up your mind?

The differences between EIE and EII are that EIE with their brilliant emotions can elevate people's moods, charm, because of their extrovert nature can speak at length, don't pay attention to their health, dramatize things.

EII don't dress and appear Nobel and don't judge the environment around them as not to their liking. Thought EIE appear to keep feelings under control to the public, EII won't. EII are more emotional, but less geared toward influencing others emotional states. EII don't talk much. They pay attention to their health. Have slight stopped posture.

Both are NF so are oriented to people, one needs Ti to make reason past dramatic emotions like "today was better than yesterday because yesterday we had less money" (just an example). EII needs someone to observe order and action around them. "I do it like this!" And who likes to talk. EII don't like a lot of emotions in their partner but if the partner cried due to inner sensitivity to emotional matter like a brother dying EII will seek to hug and quiet comfort.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-26-2016 at 11:37 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I will give an example

Let's say both an EII and EIE are dating and neither of them are having any luck

An EII is searching for a match. She will tell a friend. "I can't find an LSE "

An EIE will say "HELP!!!!! HOW COME I CAN'T FIND AN LSI?????????"

More than one sad face or remarks is what Delta call drama. No offense to Beta NF. This is just an example.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fi/Te couples I know:

The partner does not like to meet friends. He "needs" one person and prefers not to got to parties and the like. The partner tells the "that person is bad for you, don't meet him, don't trust him. We should be alone all the time" etc. The tries to isolate the from friends and likes to control him. Speaking on logic, the partner does not like (or just can't) to analyze things and prefers to believe what the partner says. If the relationship between them gets worse, anything the partner said becomes "wrong".

The Fe/Ti couples I know:

The partner likes to impose his "worldview" to the partner. He says "I know how things work. Listen to me, not to them. They are clueless". They like to go to parties, mingle, drink beer, etc as being "alone" is boring (threesomes are welcome ).

So people try to minimize the amount of time their "non-valued" functions are present. ()

When situations make you use your polr, I usually "succeed". It is just I dislike it. In my case, I am supposed to be polite, restrained, etc (whilst I prefer a style of communication, with jokes and group conversations). When facing activities, on the contrary, I prefer not to participate. people, for instance, label nerds as "creepy, geeks" etc.

In nightclubs, / people like to dance all the time (gammas prefer to dance with another person, betas constantly exchange partners . In / nightclubs, people talk to each other (deltas prefer one on one conversations and alphas group conversations)
    First paragraph is LIE/ESI. ESI is there to cut negative relationships out. LSE/EII has EII there to mend relationships on the LSE's behalf.