TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Default entp

yo, i've been slack,

i was wondering before if i could be entp, but alphas are never around chat box etc. and i don't have good reference points.

i've got as far as determining fi polr

i'm pretty sure of the ti, but Ne and Se descriptions don't really make any sense to me.

and i can't remember who's alpha even.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

nah

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol... you are absolutely not Ne.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    WHY IS THAT

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you just call him a dumbass?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Holon View Post
    Did you just call him a dumbass?
    Not at all.

I called him Se. I do not equate Se to dumb or Ne to intelligent.

@mercutio- why? because in all of your posts you are never playful... you're aggressive in your posts tone in a way that ILEs and LIIs are not. And I've pretty much never read a post of yours that played around with ideas...you do not give off ideas...you're not super quirky... You come off very SLE-Se. like you fit in very well with the push-pull dynamic of beta.

Plus you and ESEs are activiators? HA. I think you'd hurt their feelings quite a bit with your brashness. EIEs throw it back.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Not at all.

I called him Se. I do not equate Se to dumb or Ne to intelligent.

@mercutio- why? because in all of your posts you are never playful... you're aggressive in your posts tone in a way that ILEs and LIIs are not. And I've pretty much never read a post of yours that played around with ideas...you do not give off ideas...you're not super quirky... You come off very SLE-Se. like you fit in very well with the push-pull dynamic of beta.

Plus you and ESEs are activiators? HA. I think you'd hurt their feelings quite a bit with your brashness. EIEs throw it back.
    I dunno I see myself as kind of playful..

I might seem a bit aggressive in posts, but my tone comes across a bit better in person I think.. I'm somewhat light...

I talk to people about ideas sometimes? I question things, that's ideas right?

I have quirks. Doesn't everyone have quirks?

Push pull I can see though. I dunno

I don't know if I know ESEs...

There aren't even really EIEs on here.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you hate hard work and frequently fall into pits of empty boredom?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@mercutio

I see you as playful too but in an aggressive way.

I am sure everybody I know has quirks, irl. Sometimes they are subtle and hardly noticeable but others have in your face kinda quirks. I see you somewhere just around the middle line of quirky.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Mercutio is living through a horrible identity crisis

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The chatbox is too boring for us.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    The chatbox is too boring for us.
    Then make it exciting.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LostInDreams View Post
    Mercutio is living through a horrible identity crisis
    Haha. That means I need a new car or something right.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    @mercutio

I see you as playful too but in an aggressive way.
    Well thankyou.

I am sure everybody I know has quirks, irl. Sometimes they are subtle and hardly noticeable but others have in your face kinda quirks. I see you somewhere just around the middle line of quirky.
    So in the land of mediocrity. Where trees are all the same.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedMarquee View Post
    Do you hate hard work and frequently fall into pits of empty boredom?
    Yeah sure. I get bored a lot. I don't really express boredom as much now, but I wouldn't say I was easily excited.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    Well thankyou.

So in the land of mediocrity. Where trees are all the same.
    You're welcome. And no, not mediocre, you're just more selective about how you show them.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    You're welcome. And no, not mediocre, you're just more selective about how you show them.
    So you mean I'm good at appearing non-quirky, and there's a deviant side just waiting to be unleashed?

Actually, I am kind of two-sided Although I try to merge both the sides. I am kind of on/off, but some people seem to prefer me when I'm off.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Haha. That means I need a new car or something right.
    Get a life, get a challenge.
    You will get bored by this brand new car quite quickly.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IMO every (or just about) every post you've made in this thread has a confrontational aspect, and it revs up my own instinct to respond in a similar way (not saying this is a bad thing).

I don't see how that works with having Ne as a leading function, because I think you are more or less being yourself, you're not trying to be confrontation which would otherwise explain it.

And as I said - nothing wrong with being confrontational, might be the wrong word, perhaps challenging and setting the boundaries is more palatable.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    IMO every (or just about) every post you've made in this thread has a confrontational aspect, and it revs up my own instinct to respond in a similar way (not saying this is a bad thing).

I don't see how that works with having Ne as a leading function, because I think you are more or less being yourself, you're not trying to be confrontation which would otherwise explain it.

And as I said - nothing wrong with being confrontational, might be the wrong word, perhaps challenging and setting the boundaries is more palatable.
    Maybe I'm just blind but I can't actually see how I'm being confrontational. I used a smiley, I said a few things about what I did know, a few things of what I didn't know.. And giving people an opportunity to speak up in a directed way.

I am being myself. I'm kind of casual.

To me confrontational is telling people what to do, attacking people, dismissing people, and cornering people. And I'm not doing any of those.

I'm being open-ended, seeking, questioning, asking...

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm just blind but I can't actually see how I'm being confrontational. I used a smiley, I said a few things about what I did know, a few things of what I didn't know.. And giving people an opportunity to speak up in a directed way.

I am being myself. I'm kind of casual.

To me confrontational is telling people what to do, attacking people, dismissing people, and cornering people. And I'm not doing any of those.

I'm being open-ended, seeking, questioning, asking...
    I know you are and you aren't doing anything intentional, here's how I read it:

Forum member: The chatbox is too boring for us.
    You: Then make it exciting.
    My commentary: This is basically an order, why don't you make it interesting yourself?

Poster: I am sure everybody I know has quirks, irl. Sometimes they are subtle and hardly noticeable but others have in your face kinda quirks. I see you somewhere just around the middle line of quirky.
    You: So in the land of mediocrity. Where trees are all the same.
    My commentary: Poster is just trying to say something nice about you, yet you push back more taking it as mediocrity, if anything they were (intentionally or not) trying to establish a mutual bond which you appeared to push back on. Also what's wrong with being mediocre anyway, there's something like 5 or 6 billion people in the planet, being in the middle is a reasonable achievement and kinda potentially insulting to all the people who actually are mediocre - and can be perfectly happy being so.

As I said I don't think you are doing this intentionally, but as you don't notice how others can perceive it then I'm explaining it to you. Also if this enters your mind, this doesn't mean to say I dislike you, as I actually think you are kinda OK.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I know you are and you aren't doing anything intentional, here's how I read it:

Forum member: The chatbox is too boring for us.
    You: Then make it exciting.
    My commentary: This is basically an order, why don't you make it interesting yourself?
    Well ok, that's pretty normal behaviour for me. If someone complains about a situation, .. and avoids a situation, because it's not working out, then it seems better to invite them with a mandate to improve it, than just telling them to put up with it. As when you add bored people to a boring situation, it does not improve.

It's like if you've having a party, and it's just getting started, it's kind of rude to only expect to attend when it's fully going, and not at the start, and it's important to get things moving. And if things never do get moving, and it fizzes, then it's better next time to get there earlier, and get things moving, than to just dismiss..

Poster: I am sure everybody I know has quirks, irl. Sometimes they are subtle and hardly noticeable but others have in your face kinda quirks. I see you somewhere just around the middle line of quirky.
    You: So in the land of mediocrity. Where trees are all the same.
    My commentary: Poster is just trying to say something nice about you, yet you push back more taking it as mediocrity, if anything they were (intentionally or not) trying to establish a mutual bond which you appeared to push back on. Also what's wrong with being mediocre anyway, there's something like 5 or 6 billion people in the planet, being in the middle is a reasonable achievement and kinda potentially insulting to all the people who actually are mediocre - and can be perfectly happy being so.
    Ahh shit. I dunno where you come from, but here being mediocre isn't really a good thing... it's not so great to be a part of the masses... and so it can be taken as a kind of an insult to be lumped in with everyone else. Sure I could have chosen not to take it that way.

It's also a way of kind of keeping conversations going. What if I just say "okay". Couldn't that be seen as kind of dismissive and rude? Whenever someone asks me: "How are you?" And I say "okay" and don't pay attention to them they don't seem to take it that well. Whereas if I say "I am good, and how are you?" then that also doesn't work out quite so well. Shit what are you meant to say?

As I said I don't think you are doing this intentionally, but as you don't notice how others can perceive it then I'm explaining it to you. Also if this enters your mind, this doesn't mean to say I dislike you, as I actually think you are kinda OK.
    No insult taken. I am interested to know what people take from what I say.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well ok, that's pretty normal behaviour for me. If someone complains about a situation, .. and avoids a situation, because it's not working out, then it seems better to invite them with a mandate to improve it, than just telling them to put up with it. As when you add bored people to a boring situation, it does not improve.

It's like if you've having a party, and it's just getting started, it's kind of rude to only expect to attend when it's fully going, and not at the start, and it's important to get things moving. And if things never do get moving, and it fizzes, then it's better next time to get there earlier, and get things moving, than to just dismiss..

Ahh shit. I dunno where you come from, but here being mediocre isn't really a good thing... it's not so great to be a part of the masses... and so it can be taken as a kind of an insult to be lumped in with everyone else. Sure I could have chosen not to take it that way.

It's also a way of kind of keeping conversations going. What if I just say "okay". Couldn't that be seen as kind of dismissive and rude? Whenever someone asks me: "How are you?" And I say "okay" and don't pay attention to them they don't seem to take it that well. Whereas if I say "I am good, and how are you?" then that also doesn't work out quite so well. Shit what are you meant to say?

No insult taken. I am interested to know what people take from what I say.
    You're welcome.

Just to add - I don't think the person was saying you were mediocre, only that you fall somewhere in the middle of quirkyness. Well if someone said "Every single one of your quirks are in your face quirks" rather than "Sometimes they are subtle and hardly noticeable but others have in your face kinda quirks" then you might have taken it that you were being called a crazy? Probably difficult not to get you to 'playfully challenge'. So for my part with this and overall I think you are demonstrating a strong Se and a weak Fi.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You're welcome.

Just to add - I don't think the person was saying you were mediocre, only that you fall somewhere in the middle of quirkyness. Well if someone said "Every single one of your quirks are in your face quirks" rather than "Sometimes they are subtle and hardly noticeable but others have in your face kinda quirks" then you might have taken it that you were being called a crazy? Probably difficult not to get you to 'playfully challenge'. So for my part with this and overall I think you are demonstrating a strong Se and a weak Fi.
    The Person has a name. That name is Aylen. And we do talk sometimes. And so maybe I'm being a bit more colourful and metaphorical than normal.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Person has a name. That name is Aylen. And we do talk sometimes. And so maybe I'm being a bit more colourful and metaphorical than normal.
    Well here you go again, looking to challenge, and giving the impression of being unappreciative of someone taking the time (myself) to help you whether it is helpful or otherwise (how much strong Se and weak Fi do you need), but no worries. Ironically though the persons name probably isn't Aylen it's most likely a forum name so kinda makes mince of your point anyway..

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe I'm just blind but I can't actually see how I'm being confrontational. I used a smiley,

Besides the "your mom" jokes, I haven't interacted with you enough to say but, from what I've seen on here and from the little interaction we've had, you are pretty direct in an Se kind of way. I wouldn't call you confrontational as it seems rather natural and not with ill-intent but I can see how it can be taken as such especially from those with Se in their Super-Ego. ENTP wouldn't be my guess.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Well here you go again, looking to challenge, and giving the impression of being unappreciative of someone taking the time (myself) to help you whether it is helpful or otherwise (how much strong Se and weak Fi do you need), but no worries. Ironically though the persons name probably isn't Aylen it's most likely a forum name so kinda makes mince of your point anyway..
    A name is whatever name people choose to go by. It may not be her birth name. But it's still her name.

Ok sorry about that -- I prioritise people that I know better over people I know less. And I was put off by what I saw as being somewhat dehumanising. But yeah, I'm over that now. Thankyou for taking the time to give examples and highlight things that I have said. You presented things well.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Does your exchange with Words so far touch upon your Fi POLR in any way?

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    Does your exchange with Words so far touch upon your Fi POLR in any way?
    nope. i was more concerned with your use of "buddy" than anything he said.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

nope. i was more concerned with your use of "buddy" than anything he said.
    My bad, lol. I'm sometimes irreverent but, for the record, I don't think he would take it negatively.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you are direct and sometimes provoking in a way that can make people feel defensive or like they have something to prove. when people feel that way they see you as confrontational. cuz to them a confrontation has just been created.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    you are direct and sometimes provoking in a way that can make people feel defensive or like they have something to prove. when people feel that way they see you as confrontational. cuz to them a confrontation has just been created.
    the question is: do entps do that too. and does that make me estp over entp. is it not merely ti questioning?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the question is: do entps do that too. and does that make me estp over entp. is it not merely ti questioning?
    i dunno. i could put it on Fi polr/Fe ha as much as i can could put it on Se but it looks like most people call it Se. i think you're SLE though. but i don't have a cogent reason.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the record, I think it's kind of weird that Se gets all these negative connotations, like confrontational and aggressive and what not, because from my point of view that type of thing is actually kind of playful. It's like Se-types have a boredom and want to approach things more directly, but sporadically depending on what interests them at the time, rather than being necessarily aggressive people.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    for the record, I think it's kind of weird that Se gets all these negative connotations, like confrontational and aggressive and what not, because from my point of view that type of thing is actually kind of playful. It's like Se-types have a boredom and want to approach things more directly, but sporadically depending on what interests them at the time, rather than being necessarily aggressive people.
    It's certainly interesting to jazz things up. Rather than confrontational, aggressive, what words would you use? Or is rather the connotations that you see as being attached to these words?

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know, I don't know. I just wanted to see if anyone thought anything about what I said.

I can only think "direct" right now, but that's not exactly it. It's being direct with the world, taking it in, but impacting it as well, while having the inclination to enjoy doing so; there has to be an inherent enjoyment about it. Aggression or confrontation may be what some people interpret that as to ?themselves?, but I don't think SLEs feel they are being aggressive or confrontational. I don't think anyone that is aggressive or confrontational is going to enjoy being so. People tend to be aggressive or confrontational when defensive about something, maybe it's sort of implied.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then make it exciting.
    It's easier to go somewhere else where things are happening. Chatbox is either empty and I don't want to talk to myself or people are talking about things I don't care about. No point when it's less work to click a link to another place.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackk View Post
    I think that's natural if you're Se-seeking. I can relate. I typically find it rather playful especially from my SLE sis and sometimes I do things to trigger her Se. It can make me laugh, too. Sometimes others wonder how I can deal with her nature (not just her Se but also her Fi POLR). Those who don't value Se though may find it confrontational and get defensive.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollyx2OxenFree View Post
    I think that's natural if you're Se-seeking. I can relate. I typically find it rather playful especially from my SLE sis and sometimes I do things to trigger her Se. It can make me laugh, too. Sometimes others wonder how I can deal with her nature (not just her Se but also her Fi POLR). Those who don't value Se though may find it confrontational and get defensive.
    @Tackk also, framing agression and confrontational as something negative is a certain pre-disposition too. I've always envyed those with a good handle on agression and confrontation. Those are valuable lifeskills.
    @mercutio: dude, i'm sorry, but even with my lousy typingskills it's fairly obvious that you're not ILE. You don't seem to value Ne at all....
    Fi polr fits, SLE seems a perfectly fine typing. Is there any good reason for you to doubt that typing?

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    @Tackk also, framing agression and confrontational as something negative is a certain pre-disposition too. I've always envyed those with a good handle on agression and confrontation. Those are valuable lifeskills.
    @mercutio: dude, i'm sorry, but even with my lousy typingskills it's fairly obvious that you're not ILE. You don't seem to value Ne at all....
    Fi polr fits, SLE seems a perfectly fine typing. Is there any good reason for you to doubt that typing?
    STOP BREAKING HIS ILLUSIONS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast