Thread: Examples of People using their Second Instinct

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Examples of People using their Second Instinct

As I have expanded upon extensively before, the Second instinct has the greatest potential for the most strength and proficiency, and people who use it often enough will typically excel in it.

Furthermore, people often times feel more comfortable showcasing or employing their second instinct in unfamiliar situations, because it functions almost as a "safety net" that one can fall back on when it looks like the first instinct wouldn't be appropriate or appreciated.

That's why especially SX first individuals, and to a lesser extent SP first ones, commonly "fall back" on their second instinct in a lot of situations. SX first does so, because a lot of intensity and a focus on sexuality is typically perceived to be inappropriate, and SP first does so, because that is the primary way to step out of their "SP cocoon" or "SP bubble" and interact with others. For SO first individuals, it is largely dependent on what kind of social environment they find themselves in; when they are in a very SO-focused situation, they'll rely on SO. Otherwise, depending on the environment, they'll "fall back" on their second instinct. For example, I am an So/Sx who posts a lot of SX related things on this forum and anywhere else online, but IRL I am very much focused on SO and keeping my SX more in check, because I do not want to be "cast out" from the group for making an inappropriate comment.

"The application of secondary instinct is creative and even more exhibitionistic than that of the primary instinct. While primary instinct is constantly monitored and held in check, the secondary instinct is allowed to roam freely. (...) Secondary instinct gets summoned in aid of primary instinct. In situations where people are not sure that their primary instinct will be welcomed, they often extend and offer 'products' of their secondary instinct by conversing on related topics. Sx/sp and so/sp types may talk about health, monetary, domestic, or culinary topics. Sp/sx and so/sx—about their family, friendships, personal experiences and preferences. Sx/so and sp/so—about cultural, social, and political events."
    People should keep the above in mind when trying to type someone's instinctual stacking; someone may very well feel compelled to "showcase" their second instinct more, and you may be quick to type that instinct as their first.

Following are examples of people of each stacking expressing or using their second instinct more than one might expect they'd do.

Sx/SpFocus on Self-preservation (here: Fitness & Nutrition)
    Note his Synflow nature, his "showing off" of physical attractiveness when working out, and his connection to his wife. (In one of his videos, he mentioned how he started losing weight because of an attractive girl.)
    [x]

So/SpFocus on Self-preservation (here: Environmental activism)
    Note his Social focus - his climate change concerns are strongly connected to his Social concerns for other "concerned citizen[s]"; Contraflow nature of wanting to "create a change".
    [x]

So/Sx Focus on Sexual (here: Dating/Relationships)
    Note his Synflow nature, him discussing the topic with a good friend (his SO main concern, esp. concerning equal rights, is primarily seen in his other videos)
    [x]

Sp/Sx Focus on Sexual (here: Seduction)
    Note the Contraflow nature of the act (her SP main concern, esp. concerning styling and staying in shape, is primarily seen in other interviews)
    [x]

Sx/So Focus on Social (here: Politics)
    Note his revolutionary Contraflow nature, his SX concern for attractiveness
    [x]

Sp/So – Focus on Social (here: Friendship)
    Note the Synflow social atmosphere, and the main self-preservation concern for food and eating
    [x]

Last edited by Olimpia; 08-24-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really interesting! Could you give more in-depth details on how Sx/sps showcase their second instinct?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

The second instinct is something youre not worried about and you just get on with it, not necessarily have great strength in it or "show it off more". I dont know any sx/sps who show more SP than SX. And im not particularly good at finances or SP things, but i just get on with them without much worry. With people who are SP first there is alot of neuroticism around that stuff and theyre more likely to be good at it because its their main focus. The vast majority of businessmen are sp/so.
    And, most people who live for their health and exercise, is SP first most often.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Russell - perfect example, he's a savageeeee!!!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do you have an example for the sp/so how they showcase the second instinct? @Cassandra
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Do you have an example for the sp/so how they showcase the second instinct? @Cassandra
    Jeremy Paxman, the guy in the interview with Russell Brand (Sx/So), seems to be an Sp/So who engages quite frequently in his second instinct.

In the interview, you can see both engaging in their second instinct, but while Russell is contraflow and wants to "change or revolutionize the world", Paxman is questioning that a lot – he seems to be synflow and Russell's "opposite" stacking.

And then there is also this:

"(...) Jon Snow once said that Paxman's greatest strength was being "not very political". Paxman himself has stated that he has no dominant political ideology:

I do understand we have to have a government, and I do firmly believe in democracy. So it's not true to say I'm not a political person. I am a political person. But I'm not a party political person. I don't believe there is a monopoly of wisdom in any one party. I suppose as one gets older – I would have described it at the age of 21 as the process of selling out, but another way of looking at it is to say, actually, the world is not a very simple place, and that as you get older simple-minded solutions seem less attractive."
    Jeremy could have been So/Sp at first glance, but it seems like he could actually be an Sp/So who engages in his So and politics, but it is not his main instinct.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ILE-Ti 6w7 683 so/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sx/sp with enough sp that it looks sp/sx, but the sp is too creative for sp/sx.
    cp6w7-3w2-8w7 sx/so ILE--D

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So/sx and %90 of things I actually talk about irl (other than fandom stuff) is either about problems I see in society or problems I see in any kind of relationship or how said social problems are connected to general human relationships and how both feed into each other.

I realize that I never focus as much about how social problems are as much connected to material/money issues, it is pretty much a blindspot until someone reminds me.

My sx-second is also sorta what keeps me from freezing in social situations. I often get nervous and confused about what would be 'appropiate' so I often end up going sx route of pouring myself out in an attempt to bond, ramp up sx energy in a soc-controlled more childish and 'pure' seeming way than as raw, ie when.I joined this website, I started with a more jolly attitude, putting weight a lot more on my creative function than base until I sort of got some place in this social system. Once that's done, I don't mind showing a more critical soc-first focus of mine.

I also find that I take on different personas when stressed and end up befriending someone with a not 'exactly me yet not fully a lie' attitude. When I calm down and return back to normal, keeping that friendship feels a bit more like chore, often as I feel an 'expectation' from them keep acting that way while I don't want that. I can hold those personas only for so long before it feels off and I start to avoid them to keep my inner peace.

Edit: forgot to add, I either go quiet, only talk when any interest of mine or a social problem I care about and thought a lot about comes up or accidentally start a sx-bonding attempt what others always coined as a 'therapy session'. I have no real understanding of just how much info sharing is okay by nature yet get pretty worried about crossing limes so I end up accidentally getting too close to people from start and then have to either try acting like I care or abandon the bond which ends up with feeling shame and guilt. This is one of the reasons I try to restrain myself from using sx-bonding accidentally as it often hurts others and places responsibility on my shoulders.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 05-05-2017 at 02:46 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So/Sp engaging in a lot of Sp secondary:

Last edited by Stellafera; 05-06-2017 at 02:02 AM.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Sp/Sx advice on Sx seduction

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Sx/Sp advice on Sp grooming

Last edited by Olimpia; 05-18-2017 at 01:59 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SX/SO

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Sp/So with a stronger SO focus

Last edited by Olimpia; 05-18-2017 at 12:56 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Sx/So on Social dynamics

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    SX/SO

This sounds more Sx/sp

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    This sounds more Sx/sp
    She's aware of the public but doesn't take it too seriously like the overly adaptive SO/SX would for instance, there's freedom in SO which means it's in the position of the secondary, healthy instinct. SX/SP may not even notice that there's a demand for apology.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Sx/So on Friendship

*********** 21-04-19:

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have no instincts. Triple blindspot. I exist as dispersed mental construct in the universe.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    And im not particularly good at finances or SP things, but i just get on with them without much worry.
    I believe this is because you're Sx/So.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    I have no instincts. Triple blindspot. I exist as dispersed mental construct in the universe.
    I have all instincts. I am instinct incarnate. Hear me roar.