User Tag List

Thread: IEI here. Looking for connection...

TIM
    IEI Fe E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI here. Looking for connection...

Hey everyone - I'm excited to be here. Open to discussion!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hello IEI new person.

"I dream of rain
    I dream of gardens in the desert sand
    I wake in vain
    I dream of love as time runs through my hand

I dream of fire
    Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
    And in the flames
    Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire

This desert rose
    Each of her veils, a secret promise
    This desert flower
    No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this

And as she turns
    This way she moves in the logic of all my dreams
    This fire burns
    I realize that nothing's as it seems"

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI Fe E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, this song is me! Thank you Aylen. It's so weirdly lovely to have someone match your personality to music without ever having met you... I think I will like this forum...

TIM
    IEI Fe E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Welcome, Estel!
    Thanks!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think it was your username.

In addition to its common meaning, the Elvish word estel (the same in both Quenya and Sindarin) refers to a complex philosophical concept found in Elvish thought. This idea is best understood as trust or "faith", and the hope that comes from it: estel refers to the belief that Eru Ilúvatar, the Creator of the Universe (), is good and that his designs for his creatures will ultimately be good as well, despite the troubles that seem to plague Arda, this world. Certain knowledge of what is to happen to the Elves after the end of Arda has thus been withheld from them, so that all they can rely on is estel. The Elven-king Finrod Felagund explained estel as an idea that "is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and first being. If we are indeed the Eruchin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any Enemy, not even by ourselves."

According to Elvish tradition, estel was one of only two things Eru demanded from his Children; the other was belief that he existed in the first place. Lack of estel was seen as a fault in the fëa of a person, and could have grave consequences: the most drastic example of a being lacking in estel is none other than that of Morgoth himself; his denial of the greatness of Eru led to his nihilism and despair. The failing of estel found in Finwë, the first High King of the Noldor, of his wife Míriel ever returning to him from the Halls of Mandos is another example. Finwë's decision to take another wife led to the strife between his sons that was instrumental to the tragic Fall of the Noldor. Ultimately, most poor choices of Elves and Men come from a failing in estel.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI Fe E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Aylen;1023212]I think it was your username.

You got it! My given name is Hope, although I often use the Elvish translation online. I suppose its a rather INFp name; growing up I always thought given names a random coincidence - but maybe not.

Are you too a fan of the Sillmarilian and such lore?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Estel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I think it was your username.
    You got it! My given name is Hope, although I often use the Elvish translation online. I suppose its a rather INFp name; growing up I always thought given names a random coincidence - but maybe not.

Are you too a fan of the Sillmarilian and such lore?
    Very INFp name. I am a fan of Tolkien and love all the books. I love all kinds of folklore. One of several translations of my given name is:

Not my favorite color but it's ok. I don't think I would want to be called Violet though. heh

So how did you come to realize that you fit the IEI profile? Have you been into socionics awhile? It is still pretty new to me.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome @Estel. This was the name given to Aragorn while being fostered by Elrond at Rivendell to hide his true identity.

What type do we think Tolkien was? I'm guessing Delta. Probably INFj.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

tolkien was definitely something Si/Ne.

hi estel!!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Esteil. Pleasure to meet you : D

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Welcome @Estel. This was the name given to Aragorn while being fostered by Elrond at Rivendell to hide his true identity.

What type do we think Tolkien was? I'm guessing Delta. Probably INFj.
    Hahah yeah...I remember.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahah yeah...I remember.

A lot of names? You should have met my Grandad, then you'd know the meaning of lots of names!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

A lot of names? You should have met my Grandad, then you'd know the meaning of lots of names!

I have a lot of names as well...more than I care to list. I have settled on one, for now, though.

Marilyn Monroe wasn't even her real name, Charles Manson isn't his real name, and now, I'm taking that to be my real name. But what's real? You can't find the truth, you just pick the lie you like the best.
    This should probably be a separate thread. Sorry Estel, I am navigating the martix at the moment. Fe me ...

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a lot of names as well...more than I care to list. I have settled on one, for now, though.
    Well, my Grandad had a least 5 names throughout his life. He never knew his real name though.

This should probably be a separate thread. Sorry Estel, I am navigating the martix at the moment. Fe me ...
    The Martrix has you...

TIM
    IEI Fe E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very INFp name. I am a fan of Tolkien and love all the books. I love all kinds of folklore.

Not my favorite color but it's ok. I don't think I would want to be called Violet though. heh

So how did you come to realize that you fit the IEI profile? Have you been into socionics awhile? It is still pretty new to me.
    Hey... so sorry I've been away from my online communications for a bit... internet problems. Anyway, I feel like Violet is definately an INFp color. See, everything is somehow part of a great story, and nothing happens on accident - even our own naming.

I actually am relatively new to socionics as well - which is partly why I joined this forum. I would love to have people to talk to who feel interested and flattered when I bring up socionics/psychology topics (rather than feeling threatened and... well judged, or something, which is what generally happens with many of my friends and family).

I actually first made the concious discovery of my Myers-Briggs type about 7 months ago. It started as fun with a group of friends, but over the next few months, grew into a personal obsession. Psychology has always fascinated me (in fact, I remember saying to my parents, as a 12 year old or something 'but if you know how people think, you could get them to do anything!' haha so innocently manipulative...).

So anyway, since I came to socionics through Myers-Briggs, I would say that I first knew I must be an INFJ (for better or worse)... That was the result I got on the test many times, and although the descrpition seemed to fit, I didn't want to be pretending to be something I'm not. Finally, I asked myself, "Would it upset me if I turned out not to be an INFJ?" I realised I would not in the least be upset or offened; in fact, I might be slightly releaved. That was the clincher for me. No Fi goin' on there! Later, another indicator to me that I am in fact an INFJ in Myers-Briggs is that I was for quite a while obssessively trying to act like an ESTP; I admired ESTP qualities (and thus mistook my own strengths for weaknesses)... Since I have become aware of this drive in myself, I have been reversing it - but it points to a typical longing to "become" your dual.

Duality is actually what got me into Socionics in the first place. For me, esp. as an IEI, I used personality type to explain and heal my relationships. Duality is the most fascinating of the socionics relationship to me; especially since I recently ended fairly long relationship with a guy who was definately not my dual. Needless to say, my mind has been filled with analysis and comparison...

But there is so much I don't know, and I have so many questions. I'm hoping that some of you lovely people can answer them...!

Also, three cheers for Tolkien and all his kindred!

TIM
    IEI Fe E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar View Post
    Hello Esteil. Pleasure to meet you : D
    And you, sir. ...even though you spelled my name wrong.

TIM
    IEI Fe E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    tolkien was definitely something Si/Ne.

hi estel!!
    Definately. I would say definately Fi too... Anyone read Leaf by Niggle (Tolkien's self-portrait)? That's a pretty good picture of an INFj, if you ask me.

Hi lungs!!

TIM
    IEI Fe E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Estel, I am navigating the martix at the moment. Fe me ...
    haha Fe can take you places you never thought you'd go...

TIM
    IEI Fe E4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bystrom View Post
    Welcome Esteil

funny how I see a twin soul in your eyes

we also live in the same place..

what do you love?
    Do you? Where do you live...?

I love many, many things... such as water, and round shapes, and silence, and running, and cheese, and dreaming, and sunlight, and trees, and children's eyes, and most of all communion with the Other Person... to name a few.

What about you?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! As someone who is similarly interested in the many colorful distinctions between what constitutes a sphere and what a circle is composed of perhaps you could elucidate me as to your perspective on the issue?
    Easy Day

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my Grandad had a least 5 names throughout his life. He never knew his real name though.
    What do you mean by that? First name given by his biological parents?
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ineffable View Post
    What do you mean by that? First name given by his biological parents?
    Yeah. He was fostered at an early age when his mother died. It was only after he died that my family tracked down his actual birth certificate and found out he'd been going by the wrong name all his life.