Thread: Type my bro

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my bro ...

Recently I’ve been doubting my typing of my brother, so I thought I’d let you good people of the forum have a crack at his type.

Um – what to say …. he appears to be a pretty laid-back sort of guy, but he can be offended pretty easily. He dislikes over-the-top, fake people. He hates the idea of personality-typing because he likes to think that he can be whoever he wants to be and can adopt personality traits to suit his purposes. He’s naturally pretty athletic. He works out sporadically – actually he keeps up quite a routine for a good length of time, then he’ll leave it for awhile, then start up again. He loves making people laugh and is good at dry humour. He’s not really extroverted, but he’ll get up and do an impromptu speech and have everyone in stitches with his one-liners. He likes coming up with solutions to people’s problems e.g. ‘how to affect confidence’ or something like that, and is completely serious about his theories on those sort of subjects.

He likes being around people a lot. He won’t say too much, but what he does say he says with no trace of timidity. His theory is that you can do / say whatever you want and people will accept it if you do it with confidence. He reckons it's all about the delivery. Lol. He appears perfectly comfortable in any company and is usually where the action is. He changes his persona to suit the type of people he’s with e.g. he’ll be formal and eloquent with his elders, and ‘cool’ and laid-back with his peers. He enjoys ‘practicing’ communication techniques on strangers and often amuses himself at their expense. He shows his affection by giving gifts and by helping people in a practical fashion. When he's angry, he speaks shortly and sharply. He's often moody. It's very hard to draw him out of bad moods. It has to be done with subtlety and care - he doesn't take kindly to humour at his expense.

Um – anyway I could go on and on – lol – so just ask me if you want to know anything else.

The first two pics are fairly standard expressions of his. In the last pic, his expression is very unguarded and not typical.
    Last edited by Rubicon; 05-10-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    INTj?
    What makes you think that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first impression was ESTp, then ISTp

need more info

what do you think he needs in a dual?
    Last edited by reyn_til_runa; 05-06-2008 at 02:16 AM.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    first impression was ESTp, then ISTp

need more info

what do you think he needs in a dual?
    Some sort of F, and probably N. Fe/Fi - I'm not sure which. Actually I think more Fi, 'cause he values loyalty and stability.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think def not SLE, possible SLI.

He is too comfortable around people for an Fi PoLR.

You know what, SLI would make a lot of sense. If his motivating function is Fi, he'd enjoy making friends in that way, you know?

How does he react to Fe?
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think def not SLE, possible SLI.

He is too comfortable around people for an Fi PoLR.

You know what, SLI would make a lot of sense. If his motivating function is Fi, he'd enjoy making friends in that way, you know?

How does he react to Fe?
    Yeah, I was thinking SLI, but then he loves being around people all the time - and the 'playing with people' thing - does that fit? Fe? He doesn't like gushiness and he's definitely not comfortable being around too much emotion. He's fine with my Fe though, but then again I probably tone it down a bit around him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your description of him reminds me a lot of a SLI I know. Pretty much point by point. But then again, the SLI I'm thinking of is a bit atypical with regards to the stereotypes about SLIs. So yeah, there's that, for what it's worth.
    allez cuisine!

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He typed himself as ENFp for what that's worth, but I thought that was laughable. I think his dual-seeking functions were getting carried away with themselves.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's SLI, he doesn't have the typical look in the first and third picture you posted... It's a possibility though.

Honestly, when I saw the pictures, (1 & 3 anyway,) I thought: IXFj.

Obviously, this is an highly fallible typing on my part.

EDIT: I have no damn idea about this.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    If he's SLI, he doesn't have the typical look in the first and third picture you posted... It's a possibility though.

Honestly, when I saw the pictures, (1 & 3 anyway,) I thought: IXFj.

Obviously, this is an highly fallible typing on my part.
    Lol - no, actually I think there may be the possibility that he's got Fi in his ego block. Idk. Just definitely not Fe.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ENFp who has his hair.

omg i just noticed the resembalance between you two.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg we might be related! :-p

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K baby, if start losin my hair, your theory is shot to shite. I just turned 26--clumps might start fallin any day. (Please lawd no!!)

On topic: So EII and ESI are possibilities, you're saying, chopin?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    K baby, if start losin my hair, your theory is shot to shite. I just turned 26--clumps might start fallin any day. (Please lawd no!!)

On topic: So EII and ESI are possibilities, you're saying, chopin?
    Not EII. I think ESI and SLI are most likely - possibly SLE or LSI at a stretch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about LSE?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was not marked as a workaholic.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    what about LSE?

Nah - he's too laidback and he doesn't come close to supervising me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this your famous singer brother?

Creepy-Cyclops

I wouldn't rule out the following types: ISTp ESFp (ESTp at a long shot)

What do you think about ESFp?

There isn't too much to go on. How does he handle arguments?

Edit: is he sensitive to rudeness? When he is moody does he often feel don't really understand him-or get the 'real him'?

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this your famous singer brother?
    Nope. Another one. ('famous' is a bit of a stretch, but anyway )

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I wouldn't rule out the following types: ISTp ESFp (ESTp at a long shot)

What do you think about ESFp?
    I don't get Se as a base function from him at all. He's not a leader-type person - he has more of a 'live and let live' attitude. He doesn't like people telling him what to do, but this attitude is manifested more in a "you can talk all you want, I'll do it my way in the end" attitude, rather than a directly confrontational one.

There isn't too much to go on. How does he handle arguments?
    He doesn't seek them, and tries to get them over with quickly. He speaks in a harsh, clipped way in short sentences when he's mad, saying only what needs to be said. This comes across as condescension to most people - like he's purposely making everything really clear and simple so you can understand him.
    Edit: is he sensitive to rudeness? When he is moody does he often feel don't really understand him-or get the 'real him'?
    No - I don't think he's sensitive to rudeness - he'd most likely throw a baleful glance in the person's direction or roll his eyes or something. When he's moody - yeah, I get the feeling he thinks people don't understand him. He's very private about his feelings. He'll only open up when he feels perfectly safe doing so.

EDIT: added another pic in original post (3rd one). It and the 2nd picture are the most natural as far as his expressions go.
    Last edited by Rubicon; 05-06-2008 at 07:53 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems pretty clearly ENFp to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Seems pretty clearly ENFp to me.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    I don't get Se as a base function from him at all. He's not a leader-type person
    You don't have to be a leader type person to have an Se base
    - he has more of a 'live and let live' attitude.
    For instance there is an SEE poster on this forum with that very name. I don't think the ESFp.s on this forum tell people what to do.
    He doesn't like people telling him what to do, but this attitude is manifested more in a "you can talk all you want, I'll do it my way in the end" attitude, rather than a directly confrontational one.
    Why is this not consistent with an Se base ESFp?
    He doesn't seek them, and tries to get them over with quickly. He speaks in a harsh, clipped way in short sentences when he's mad, saying only what needs to be said. This comes across as condescension to most people - like he's purposely making everything really clear and simple so you can understand him.
    Not so much when he's mad. Does he like to reach a conclusion while keeping everyone happy or is he more concerned with justice and fairness?
    No - I don't think he's sensitive to rudeness - he'd most likely throw a baleful glance in the person's direction or roll his eyes or something.
    Didn't you say he didn't like jokes at his expense? In what way would you say he was sensitive? (i'm just wondering if he finds them rude..hence being sensitive to rudeness)

When he's moody - yeah, I get the feeling he thinks people don't understand him.
    He's very private about his feelings. He'll only open up when he feels perfectly safe doing so.
    This part is consistent with ESFp

Being private about ones feelings could relate to lots of the types in many ways, but there's an argument to say it's more related to Fi valueing or accepting.

Creepy-Cyclops

I'm actually leaning towards ESFp now, but with the further info I don't see why second choice ENFp. (ruling out ISTp. ESTp still very slim but unlikely)

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm actually leaning towards ESFp now, but with the further info I don't see why second choice ENFp. (ruling out ISTp. ESTp still very slim but unlikely)
    Everything may be 'consistent' with ESFp, but looking at the information as a whole do you still think ESFp the most likely type? What makes you discount ISTp for example?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, what made you rule out ISTp cyclops? Reading that new post of Chopin's I was thinking ISTp... I think he sounds Delta at least

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like 2 ENFps I know; he has the ethical go-with-the flow NFp thing you describe that he adapts himself to others very easily; he's self-typed as ENFp, he's moody (generally Fs tend to be moodier than Ts), likes being around people (F, and secondarily E), makes theories about typically F things, values Fi over Fe - ENFp is the only type that matches all this information at the same time.

From the description every T type could be easily discounted for example, and generally every IJ type too, coupled with valuing Fi the only types that remain are ESFp and ENFp. Among the two, ENFp seems to fit best with the overall description, given that ENFps are shier and more theory-orientated and more adaptable than ESFps, on average.

Creepy-Cyclops

Everything may be 'consistent' with ESFp, but looking at the information as a whole do you still think ESFp the most likely type? What makes you discount ISTp for example?
    I'm taking the whole information into account and I think he's ESFp or ENFp. I'm not so sure about the S or N part. But both types are similar as per intertype relations. The way he's outgoing but still kinda quiet is more like ENFp. ESTp can be like this but differently-they tend to enjoy entertaining but prefer not to entertain on their own-ie the sole host.

In regards to the N/S thing..i'm detecting Se there..but like (i think) you are saying you don't think it's dominant Se. Now what i'm considering is that it could be dominant Se tempered with creative Fi. It could also be role Se so although it's Se it's not displaying quite like a dominant Se and definitely not a creative Se.

ESFp and ENFp are best fit types. The more i'm thinking of it i'm thinking ENFp (although the third picture looked more ESFp to me)
    yeah, what made you rule out ISTp cyclops? Reading that new post of Chopin's I was thinking ISTp... I think he sounds Delta at least
    I wouldn't totally rule it out, but i'm getting quite a Fi vibe from who he is. Like an ego Fi. The moodiness is quite F. (ISTp's aren't moody, in this sense way) Also the way he gets up and makes speeches and stuff like Chopin said..I can't really see an ISTp wanting to bring attention to them *that* much. They're usually ok doing it in smaller groups.

But yeah Delta seems likely.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    He looks like 2 ENFps I know; he has the ethical go-with-the flow NFp thing you describe that he adapts himself to others very easily; he's self-typed as ENFp, he's moody (generally Fs tend to be moodier than Ts), likes being around people (F, and secondarily E), makes theories about typically F things, values Fi over Fe - ENFp is the only type that matches all this information at the same time.

From the description every T type could be easily discounted for example, and generally every IJ type too, coupled with valuing Fi the only types that remain are ESFp and ENFp. Among the two, ENFp seems to fit best with the overall description, given that ENFps are shier and more theory-orientated and more adaptable than ESFps, on average.
    This all makes sense, but the thing is my other brother is ENFp, and the two of them are as different as night and day.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't get Ne from him at all. He's a pretty black-and-white, straightforward guy. And his 'theories' that I mentioned - they are all on concrete, practical subjects - they aren't abstract in the slightest. And he used his own personal experiences to come to these conclusions, not abstraction of thought. As far as the dynamics go btwn the two of us, our conversations are very concrete and regarding day-to-day concerns - clearly lacking in Ne. I know this because as soon as my other ENFp brother enters the conversation, he inserts life and randomness into it. lol And when he leaves, it falls flat again.

Creepy-Cyclops

I just don't get Ne from him at all. He's a pretty black-and-white, straightforward guy. And his 'theories' that I mentioned - they are all on concrete, practical subjects - they aren't abstract in the slightest. And he used his own personal experiences to come to these conclusions, not abstraction of thought. As far as the dynamics go btwn the two of us, our conversations are very concrete and regarding day-to-day concerns - clearly lacking in Ne.
    This confuses me.

Most of what you describe here as your interpretation of N is not really N in every angle. If I were to try to attach it to N then I would attach it to NT description of N.
    I know this because as soon as my other ENFp brother enters the conversation, he inserts life and randomness into it. lol And when he leaves, it falls flat again.
    Randomness isn't really related to N type. I don't know what to make of the two of them inserting life and randomness. Could be activity or something

Edit: He still sounds ESFp or ENFp based on what we know.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 05-06-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Fair enough

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all makes sense, but the thing is my other brother is ENFp, and the two of them are as different as night and day.
    Ahhh I didn't know this, lol. Well, then I don't know what he could be really.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your brother is well lush!!
    ENTp... love it

3w2

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EllaC View Post
    Your brother is well lush!!
    lol

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This confuses me.

Most of what you describe here as your interpretation of N is not really N in every angle. If I were to try to attach it to N then I would attach it to NT description of N.

Randomness isn't really related to N type. I don't know what to make of the two of them inserting life and randomness. Could be activity or something

Edit: He still sounds ESFp or ENFp based on what we know.
    Idk. I'll keep it in mind.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's probably SLE or IEE.