TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Differences between SEE-ESFp and SLE-ESTp

how can u tell them apart
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Forgive my bluntness and sarcasm

SLE evil
    SEE stupid
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I think that SLEs are calmer than SEE. When you see a SEE upset you see a lot of "noise". When you see a SLE upset... you start fearing that someone might get hurt.

Also... as a personal observation, SLE seam to value inner strength, SEE seam to value outer strength. I'm not at all domineering and SEE seam to be somewhat put off by this while SLE seam to actually like it.
    "What is love?"
    "The total absence of fear," said the Master.
    "What is it we fear?"
    "Love," said the Master.

I chose Love

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    I think that SLEs are calmer than SEE. When you see a SEE upset you see a lot of "noise". When you see a SLE upset... you start fearing that someone might get hurt.

Also... as a personal observation, SLE seam to value inner strength, SEE seam to value outer strength. I'm not at all domineering and SEE seam to be somewhat put off by this while SLE seam to actually like it.
    Yep. My experience would pretty much fall very close to this, especially about the differences in getting upset. I've found that when SEEs get upset, they explode. While an upset SLE will just radiate this extreme, intense energy you can see in their eyes and seems to expand and vibrate around them. And then you go "oh shit". .

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLEs like to fuck with you
    SEEs like to fuck you
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    SLEs like to fuck with you
    SEEs like to fuck you
    LOL!!!!
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE, more laid-back. But strong energy.
    SEE is more 'here', but less strong aura. SEE is slightly more feisty and go-gettery. SLE observes from the sidelines more. SEE is more of a people person.

SLE won't tell people what to do in a group situation very often. They will simply take action themselves. SEE, being democratic Gammas- and Te-valuing, will order everybody else around slightly more. (though not as much as ENTjs)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's the Difference between ESFp and ESTp?

So I think I might be one of these, but I haven't found a method yet to really be able to tell. I guess I'm trying to find out the order of the functions affecting the two personalities. But I can identify with both iF and iT..so help?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi there.

I'm going to attempt to build a picture of the difference for you in a conversation that I witnessed between the two and maybe in a conversation with you, here, about this, we may discern what these differences are.

SEE comes up with creative and inventive mathematical, spacial games. Says she has fun doing them and teaching them to kids and she has fun sharing them with others. She gives or shares a challenging game with SLE
    SEE: hay do you want to solve [insert game]?
    SLE: You always manage to come up with games that make someone feel intellectually inferior.
    SEE: No I don't
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-12-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So the objective of an SEE is "I want to teach you [to learn math problems]." This is completely outside of any greater hierarchy in social status.

While the SLE sees the interaction (the will of the SEE) as a challenge and by saying that "you come up with games that make people [as in everyone] feel intellectually inferior" the word inferior being the key component what he's saying is that this is the SEE is using power dynamics in the form of a game. Essentially the SEE has solved these problems on her own and knows the answer but that she also attempts to give it to others she, to an SLE, is attempting to make everyone lessor than her in the hierarchical structure of some kind. Beta ST are very much concerned with "where a person's place is." And, they don't like being told or even suggested that their places is somewhat lower than your especially when you don't have any real authority over them. SLE doesn't want to be less subordinate to others and SEE's challenge with a game is seen as such.

In typing, watch for how people perceive the "good will" or "good intentions" of others and what words they use especially. And, how they create a space between them and other people.

With myself I create psychological closeness and then if the person is mean I distance myself.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So ESFps play games to get people to like them, and ESTps see games as stupid and expect people should like them?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoW805 View Post
    So I think I might be one of these, but I haven't found a method yet to really be able to tell. I guess I'm trying to find out the order of the functions affecting the two personalities. But I can identify with both iF and iT..so help?
    XeFi have strong Fe and Fi, with weak Te and Ti. In particular, They can experience when internal logic is wrong/off, but they are more likely to have difficulty expressing something via clean logic, and will often return to personal experiences, or emotional reasonings, or focusing on intents, etc. XeFi have Te as their hidden agenda, so have a pretty strong focus on how things work or worked, what happened, when, how, etc. It is important information to them, to recieve and to give others. They would prefer Fi info more than Fe info, and Te info more than Ti info.

XeTi are pretty much the opposite. XeTi have strong Ti/Te with weak Fi/Fe. They can experience when emotional and psychological info is off, but are more likely to have a difficulty expressing that kind of info. They usually would prefer to focus on the internal logic and impersonal aspects of information. But they do have Fe as their hidden agenda. They want to feel the emotions of those around them, and want the inclusion (of self and/or others). They would prefer Fe info rather than Fi info, and Ti info rather than Te info.

If you are choosing between Ti creative or Fi creative, look to which you feel most confident in dealing with...logic or emotions/ethics. (Ethics includes a focus on emotions.) Which do you feel least confident in? Also, which set would you prefer to think about and deal with...{Fi with Te}, or {Ti with Fe}?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So ESFps play games to get people to like them, and ESTps see games as stupid and expect people should like them?
    That reminds me of something woofl told my ESTp brother when he was considering ESFp. Something like...SEEs play games for fun and SLEs play games to win. @woofwoofl do you remember?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XeFi have strong Fe and Fi, with weak Te and Ti. In particular, They can experience when internal logic is wrong/off, but they are more likely to have difficulty expressing something via clean logic, and will often return to personal experiences, or emotional reasonings, or focusing on intents, etc. XeFi have Te as their hidden agenda, so have a pretty strong focus on how things work or worked, what happened, when, how, etc. It is important information to them, to recieve and to give others. They would prefer Fi info more than Fe info, and Te info more than Ti info.

This sounds more like me

If you are choosing between Ti creative or Fi creative, look to which you feel most confident in dealing with...logic or emotions/ethics. (Ethics includes a focus on emotions.) Which do you feel least confident in? Also, which would you prefer and deal with...{Fi with Te}, or {Ti with Fe}?

I guess I've always felt confident in dealing with things objectively, but to me iT always seemed impersonal, and I'm not always comfortable being that way with people.

Also, sorry if I didn't do the quoting correctly on your paragraphs, I'm still kinda new at this and I'm posting from my phone so I hope you don't think I'm plagiarizing

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Immediately after I saw the "reply with quote" option so I'll try better next time

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Plagiarizing? This is the internet. We don't use that word here...we call it "stealing" and if somebody steals all the victim can do is whine about it.

What made you decide you're a ?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, sorry if I didn't do the quoting correctly on your paragraphs, I'm still kinda new at this and I'm posting from my phone so I hope you don't think I'm plagiarizing
    No prob.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Plagiarizing? This is the internet. We don't use that word here...we call it "stealing" and if somebody steals all the victim can do is whine about it.

Lol

What made you decide you're a ?
    Why not?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why not?
    Are you implying that you went eenie-meenie-miney-mo-I'll take a black circle?
    'Cause if you did, I'll pull a type out of a hat for you.
    Actually, I think I'll do that anyway. This may take a few minutes...

LSI

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I didn't pull a type out of a hat. I've took tests, read over every type sorted those types and related them to my life and experience. So then I came to the conclusion once again between SLE & SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE like velociraptors unless an ILI is around. I was trying to explain this to my little sister over the weekend at a party, but she didn't get it. Alas...she was eaten. Remind me of this:

I think SEE are better at getting groups of people to trust them and the difference is there somewhere.SEE can work a room like no other and it's kind of awe inspiring at times..
    My head is too foggy with flu medicine atm. I'll think about it more later.

SEEs play games for fun and SLEs play games to win
    What DA said here seems pretty accurate. ^

SLEs usually have a main objective and they follow through until the end.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, that quote by DA was what my example is about and it's great. Thanks DA <3
    -

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    That reminds me of something woofl told my ESTp brother when he was considering ESFp. Something like...SEEs play games for fun and SLEs play games to win. @woofwoofl do you remember?
    Yeah I vaguely remember that! Biggest thing I remember with a very likely Se-SLE 8w9 guy I know, we just spent hours and hours on whether his shirt was blue or green. We got everyone in the entire room in on it too. That shirt was blue. The threads in the shirt were blue and white in close proximity, and blue plus white doesn't equal green, at least not to a greater or lesser extent than the blue already had shades of green in it, and there was more blue than green. The shirt was blue. More people saw it my way too, which ruled. I was laughing my ass off the whole time! He thought it was funny, but a bit less so, I think, and he wasn't gonna give an inch. And hell, the shirt was gonna keep being blue no matter what anyone said, so I was gonna let it go once the push for green died down and I wouldn't have brought it up again. Over half a year has passed, and if I ever see him in that shirt ever again, I'm gonna compliment him on his blue shirt.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

ESTps
    - energy is more contained (especially in the males)
    - more likely to use shock humor/be politically incorrect
    - care about rank ()
    - need to be "useful", unlikely to delegate their work to others
    - real emotions are often hidden, longer lasting
    - doesn't inquire into the motives of others
    - better able to focus on a goal and achieve it
    - thoughts and conversations are logical and sequential.
    - somewhat flashier in terms of clothing/hairstyle ( HA)

ESFp:
    - more diplomatic
    - energy is more "loose"
    - often very loud, vital and present
    - their emotions are strong and easily detectable, but often temporary
    - often delegates work, desire to ease their own work load
    - more openly curious about others
    - less able to focus on a goal. can be distracted by people.
    - thoughts and conversations are often illogical and scattered (can seem like ENFps)
    - their clothing and hairstyle is more practical ( HA)
    - much more likely to boast, especially about timely actions

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg i can play a social game, i'm so clever

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently working in a production team with both SEE male and SLE male.

I'm totally sure about SEE's type, and pretty sure about SLE's.

Apart from whatever ConcreteButterfly said, which is totally accurate and obviously apparent when representatives of both types are in front of you, I would add:

SLE does not try to be a people person
    SEE does not try to show he's technically proficient

SLE enthusiastically supplies the correct "Fe" response in quick interactions.
    SEE tries to create interactions that are quick.

Apart from the quick Fe responses, SLE pretty much doesn't know what to say
    SEE always has something to say.

SLE is always on time.
    SEE is frequently running late.

Both of them try to be "chivalrous." SLE by doing things, offering to carry equipment, bringing supplies. SEE by paying attention to you, praising you for what you're good at.

Both of them try to peace out faster than everyone else.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great thread.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    ESTps
    - energy is more contained (especially in the males)
    - more likely to use shock humor/be politically incorrect
    - care about rank ()
    - need to be "useful", unlikely to delegate their work to others
    - real emotions are often hidden, longer lasting
    - doesn't inquire into the motives of others
    - better able to focus on a goal and achieve it
    - thoughts and conversations are logical and sequential.
    - somewhat flashier in terms of clothing/hairstyle ( HA)

ESFp:
    - more diplomatic
    - energy is more "loose"
    - often very loud, vital and present
    - their emotions are strong and easily detectable, but often temporary
    - often delegates work, desire to ease their own work load
    - more openly curious about others
    - less able to focus on a goal. can be distracted by people.
    - thoughts and conversations are often illogical and scattered (can seem like ENFps)
    - their clothing and hairstyle is more practical ( HA)
    - much more likely to boast, especially about timely actions
    lol

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an SEE who fixes things for a living. Computers, electronics, phones, gadgets etc. He claims he can "fix anything." He also has very little formal education (dropped out of high school).

Telling apart kindred types basically becomes about PoLR. If you know what to look for you should never confuse someone's creative function for the vulnerable function and vice-versa. The vulnerable function isn't something people are doomed to suck at perpetually. As a mental function, it is something that can be made to work adequately through the application of conscious effort. The difference is that people will try to solve problems related to their PoLR with the minimum possible mental effort. Sometimes this can be a rather effective way of using the function in question: consider my SEE for example. He uses the minimum possible mental effort and quickly jumps to the most likely solution to a given problem, and this makes him very efficient at fixing electronics.

By contrast, people treat their creative function with more reverence. They will constantly discuss matters related to the creative with others and try to make maximal use of it. In some cases, this can be cumbersome and lead to inefficiencies.

As for distinguishing SLEs and SEEs, these types have a different physical presence in my experience. SLEs will attract everyone's attention with their erratic movements and typically booming voice, while SEEs prefer to work more subtly.