Thread: DCNH and physical disorders

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DCNH and physical disorders

D would relate to psychopath, C relate to ADHD, N relate to autism and H to bipolar. I do not see that these can cross much really?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Could D also be more cluster B?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

N is more like OCD

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    D would relate to psychopath, C relate to ADHD, N relate to autism and H to bipolar. I do not see that these can cross much really?
    I'm a D subtype with ADHD-PI.

I consider both ADHD and bipolar entirely type unrelated.
    Last edited by Stellafera; 02-18-2018 at 05:26 AM.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I'm scattered with lack of focus unable to do strict routine and seem to go trough depressive and higher mood episodes.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    N is more like OCD
    But isnt that related to autism in a way? ;p

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    I'm a D subtype with ADHD-PI.

I consider both ADHD and bipolar entirely type unrelated.
    DCNH is a different kind of typing. Cool you are IEI and D. I have plans of learning about that type, the IEIs. IEIs D seem rare.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Well, I'm scattered with lack of focus unable to do strict routine and seem to go trough depressive and higher mood episodes.
    Ya but bipolar is extreme mood swings. Hope you can deal with them, i think its a age thing the older one get the more order and stability comes with it and flatter mood swings.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Na, one is attempting to describe healthy variations of a type, the other is for illness diagnosis and treatment.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

D ependency
    C odependency
    N eurosis
    H istrionics

Last edited by Hope; 02-18-2018 at 01:41 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    DCNH is a different kind of typing. Cool you are IEI and D. I have plans of learning about that type, the IEIs. IEIs D seem rare.
    Might be, yeah. I always end up being the alpha IEI (in the non-Socionics meaning of alpha) whenever I interact with people of my own type.

I still don't see the connection. I think personality disorders have a chance to be type-related, but something like ADHD, not so much. It might be that Creative subtypes are more likely to lean into ADHD as a part of themselves. For me, it feels counter to the person I want to be and annoys me deeply.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe something like this

D - histrionic
    C - adhd
    N - autism
    H - depression
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I dunno about all this adhd and C associations since DCNH C is characterized by a kind of environmental ignoring intensive state of focus according to gulenko. adhd seems to be a problem with local lack of focus whereas C is the opposite, however it seems to be globally on its own path, i.e.: not in step with broader society, but not necessarily spastic either. if anything analogizing it to adhd is more a commentary on exactly the way in which society dismisses creativity in general, but it speaks more to society's ways of excluding that which it doesn't understand in the guise of what it thinks it understands already (disordered behavior). its more like C is a higher order, whereas adhd is a lack of order, and people regularly confuse the two. creativity is by definition something useful, which is what separates it from schizophrenia which is perception of novelty without usefulness. therefore I propose we associate C more with schizophrenia than adhd, if anything. perhaps the hyperactivity can be associated with the Se elements of adhd, on that point I'm not sure, but I think of adhd as actually antithetical to true creativity, because lack of focus dilutes creative possibilities whereas focus on novel perception to the point of formulation is what characterizes real creativity. hyper novel perception is the creative germ taken to the extreme, whereas adhd heads off in a different direction. in other words, schizophrenia is what lies on the extreme end of creativity, whereas adhd is more like off to the side, its a diversion from creativity

i think we associate the ignoring state of C subtype as somewhat adhd-like inasmuch as that individual is not "on task" but true adhd is the inability to focus on even the things that one really wants to. in other words, C may appear adhd in an environment they find uninteresting, but adhd is disordered precisely because adhd types can't find such an environment anywhere. schizophrenia is finding that environment everywhere. in this sense adhd is actually a complete lack of creativity and state of perpetual boredom not interest, its because the interest threshold is never met that they bounce around, which is why giving them amphetamines paradoxically focuses them

I feel like associating adhd with creativity is a 90s era feel good "self esteem" label they slapped on kids that actually weren't creative at all in order to redeem what was a natural shortcoming with artificial language, but is actually totally wrongheaded

in other words, creativity requires a kind of focus in order to articulate and transmit novel perception in a way that is understandable and useful to others. this is the opposite of adhd which can't even focus on non-novel perceptions. creativity is actually a hyper focused state, and the excess of creativity is being overwhelmed by novel perception and being unable to structure the underlying perception which is what schizophrenia is
    Last edited by Bertrand; 02-18-2018 at 04:44 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    true adhd is the inability to focus on even the things that one really wants to. in other words, C may appear adhd in an environment they find uninteresting, but adhd is disordered precisely because adhd types can't find such an environment anywhere
    adhd is (...) a state of perpetual boredom not interest, its because the interest threshold is never met that they bounce around, which is why giving them amphetamines paradoxically focuses them
    I feel like associating adhd with creativity is a 90s era feel good "self esteem" label they slapped on kids that actually weren't creative at all in order to redeem what was a shortcoming with artificial terms, but is actually totally wrongheaded
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have suspected that mediums, who let spirits speak through them, are often C subtypes. So that might fit with schitzophrenia. (i cant spell it right)

Would be an interesting research topic.

Seems to me that the expressivity of C subtype also lets them express the split psyche and unconscious complexes. (That we all have, but it gets expressed in C)

This goes for extreme cases. Many Cs are fairly normal most of the time
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yes I totally think there's a link between schizophrenia, shamanism, creative personalities, and modern day prophets and artists. and it goes to the novelty of their perception but quickly can get out of hand and terminate in the chaos of schizophrenia. in a lot of ways they live in the future so what will eventually effect everyone they feel first and hopefully lay the groundwork so that when it hits the masses they're more prepared, hence shamans as primitive "guides" and "seers." those that can't handle it are overwhelmed and end up going insane and I think the general state of the tribe at present is a reflection on how well our guides have been doing in preparing the masses. technology likewise creates an uncertain future, essentially making those guide's jobs even harder, and this shows up in increased mental illness in the general population as the threshold to feel the pain is met easier and easier as pathos in the culture mounts, reaching less and less forward reaching minds until it infects everyone. outbreaks of mass hysteria are like that, you can see the cracks showing in mass shootings and civil unrest of all kinds. eventually the whole thing resets itself if it gets bad enough (apocalypse, which is what the seers "see" and fear). with nuclear weapons we may not even get a reset or it will be on the biological scale where it sets the planet back 3bn years instead of just a few hundred as with the fall of rome etc

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ADHD. Well, there are apparently so called creative individuals who consume ADHD meds in order to survive in environment that is not suited for them and gain some clear benefits from medications.

OK, so total lack of self discipline when it comes to uninteresting tasks. Those situations make me absolutely desperate.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    OK, so total lack of self discipline when it comes to uninteresting tasks. Those situations make me absolutely desperate.
    I am the same way. Fortunally, most lessons in school wasn't that boring for me.
    If you want to torture me, tie my to an assembly line that force me to do the same simple task endlessly...

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Schizophrenia is the inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Its got nothing to do with creativity

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Schizophrenia is the inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Its got nothing to do with creativity
    Yeah but "OMG crazy people!!!!!" is always a good clickbait topic so people always drone on about pointless things like "schizophrenia and creativity both involve fantasy, so obviously they're related!"

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Maybe it is something like this (take with a grain of salt):

D - Cluster B
    C - ADHD/Bi-Polar
    N - Cluster C
    H - Cluster A
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Schizoid, schizotypal and paranoid for harmonizing. Lol.
    I'd say that N/H both have anxiety components but different.
    D has some cluster B

H maybe avoidant could be included (social hypersensitivity) and bit of schizotypal as well. Not perfect match.
    N OCPD some parts of dependant but not always

But schizoid and paranoid. One has no interest and other one is suspicious.

C loose cannon.

Clearest surface level traits in me are schizotypal and avoidant. I'm the guy with weird imagination, stories and smiles.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 02-20-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the idea of including clusters.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/50-DCNH-System-of-DCNH-Subtypes
    * contact, initial, ignoring - creative subtype (C);
    Since C is contact (contact/distance) I did not add ADD just ADHD. The initial means they start things but do not necessary finish them, and they are ignoring meaning they are not sensitive or actively paying attention to the environment in the way it changes, think state of the environment and vibe. Same with N, they are ignoring. Myself is connecting here (connecting/ignoring) I believe. Still considering the options.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think that creative subtype is actually more linked to bipolar than ADHD.

Aushra:
    irrationals cyclothymic
    rationals schizothymic
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type