Thread: Neurotransmitters and IMs

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Neurotransmitters and IMs

-
    Last edited by VILEvenezuelan; 10-14-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    This is the place where I procrastinate on things Sig related.

ILE

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why visit the theories section then? Just saying.

ILE

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then perhaps my understanding of socionics could benefit from discussion. No need to be hostile.

ILE

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta agree with Ashton here. You're speculating about something that's actual, genuine, hard science. What's the point? Keep your lines drawn clearly between science and philosophy.

If you want to do what you're doing, the Enneagram Institute would be a lovely place. They have a wonderful Scientific theory that the 9 etypes are based off dopamine, norepinephrin, and serotonin.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understandable, yet I was hoping that individuals who have knowledge of their own levels or of others might have something to add. In fact, my speculation began on the basis of the knowledge of my own neurotransmitter levels.

And no disrespect intended, but not seeing the point of someone else's activity doesn't make stomping the most appropriate response.

Even if speculation is all anyone has to add, the speculation could be fascinating, and might lead somewhere or might just have been a stimulating discussion that explores a few possibilities.

I'll spare you a rant about the possible worlds theory approach to practicality

ILE

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, wrote this last post before seeing yours, Cat King Cole.

ILE

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First things first, for this to even be a worthwhile line of discussion, you'd have to have the types be a result of extracellular transmitters. Why? What has this got to do with information processing? Ask yourself, and if you have to force an answer out, you're on the wrong track, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by VILEvenezuelan View Post
    Adhd is characterized by extremely low levels of ex. dopamine.
    Conversely, schizophrenic individuals, characterized by extremely fast sensory reward processing with little context, are often saturated with it.
    So disordered thought processes and blunted emotionality are the domain of ? What? And distractibility the domain of ? To call this a tenuous link is being exceptionally generous.

- related to levels of extracellular serotonin

= high
    = low

Same story, different neurotransmitters.
    This time, high levels of serotonin (which is a REGULATORY neurotransmitter), have been found in autisistic individuals ( !! Perhaps why I feel like I can relate to autistic individuals well and speak their lingo)
    Conversely, low levels of serotonin are associated with mood disorders, depression, and bipolar ()
    And again. Autism and ? Why not ? Why any element at all? Socionics does not apply to the mentally ill. And why is bipolar? I and user anndelise (who are not egos irrespective of what you type us) have issues with basically stable mood episodes, except mine are less severe.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did Bolt have another name change..?

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not intending to start a fire here. It seems I wasn't nearly thorough enough in the OP to make my thinking on this apparent to someone who lives outside my brain. I guess I misunderstood the nature of the theories section. More formal suggestion, less idea playground.

Rather than make more sensible to read, I'll just delete it and move on.

and labocat, ouch lol

I didn't realize it was that bad...

ILE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not intending to start a fire here. It seems I wasn't nearly thorough enough in the OP to make my thinking on this apparent to someone who lives outside my brain. I guess I misunderstood the nature of the theories section. More formal suggestion, less idea playground.

Rather than make more sensible to read, I'll just delete it and move on.

and labocat, ouch lol

I didn't realize it was that bad...
    Stick it into your blog section?
    Some people may talk w you on it.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, I guess I can somehow understand where you're coming from, since I did some idle speculation about possible effect of difference in DMT level on N/S "score" myself. Nonetheless, Ashton and CKC are right, this kind of speculation requires hard evidence. And there's enough pseudoneuroscience bs such as left/right brain misconceptions etc. flying around. No need to add to it unless you have a really good reason.

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for humoring me

One of my primary curiosities is in the similarity of the diagnostic criteria for ADHD and qualities associated with leading types. There is loads of alignment. It's as though the world as it is isn't exciting enough to trigger any reward, while the world of possibilities is a potentially unlimited reward space. When you throw a dopamine reuptake inhibitor into the mix, its fascinating how small things and sensory details become significant enough to trigger a reward response. I think there is a lot of interesting stuff here about neurodiversity and social definitions of normalcy.

Sadly, being at work makes all these posts shorter and more hurried than I'd like...

ILE

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only connection that I would hypothesize is a relationship between dopamine and extraversion, though that may hold more true for classical extraversion rather than socionics extraversion. I don't really have evidence for that though.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have been interested in seeing your thoughts, unfiltered or not, especially if you've already knowledge in that area. Speculation is always a good thing, the posters above seem to forget that every scientific experiment must come after this kind of speculation, for how else would we direct our scientific efforts? I see most of this topic as unreasonably hostile and attacking of ideas still in the unrefined stage, which must be passed to on the way to refinement

alas, I was too late to this topic! Hopefully you will leave your future posts to be read and possibly appreciated by those other than the first-readers

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neurotransmitters cannot be used exclusively to understand or correlate with IMs. What is the OP?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Atlast! Even if you think your theory now to be completely wrong, I wouldn't mind being able to read it . It might spark some inspiration, or have some merit, or, at least, it will tell people what certain forum members think of such theories! (Perhaps, even, you could personally message me the previously printed post).
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I understand what you're doing, combining two things to see if there's a pattern, into an idea; I don't agree with it for many reasons and observations, from having observed young children.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-15-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-
    PM when you get back
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, science + pseudoscience. What a wonderful concoction!