Thread: Se and Alpha NTs

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Se and Alpha NTs

How might Se PoLR and Se role manifest themselves differently in Alpha NTs?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-Diana

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, that's very true about setting things up to motivate me. I use post it notes alot, so I keep on task. I try to get in a correct atmosphere. I get distracted very easily. Like right now I should be writing an essay. I'm cautious about attributing that to Se role, though.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Se-PoLR hit example: approx from 5:30 to 8:15. INTj Wes gets PoLRed by Maria:

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe. That was a funny video. Especially when she said, "give me bitchy or give me death." That was hilarious. I kinda hope she wasn't an Se-ego 'cause she was kind of annoying, but she probably was. She also clearly needed some "intuition of time" to help her out. He should have summoned up his inner ILI for the moment. If only Wes had known socionics. Alas!
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    hehehe. That was a funny video. Especially when she said, "give me bitchy or give me death." That was hilarious. I kinda hope she wasn't an Se-ego 'cause she was kind of annoying, but she probably was. She also clearly needed some "intuition of time" to help her out. He should have summoned up his inner ILI for the moment. If only Wes had known socionics. Alas!
    I don't know for sure what's her type. Smilingeiyes has her as ISTj-Se (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...al-system.html). She does have some Meged-Ovcharov-ISTj-Se-ness to her IMO. Anyway, Wes is INTj, there is no doubt on my mind about that, and he just got PoLRed.

TIM
    H-ILE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    In my experience, ILEs do things like procrastinate until the very last minute, so they're forced to rush and get a lot done at once. They sort of set things up to apply pressure on themselves to do something. If they didn't - then they'd probably be stuck in Ne, coming up with a million improvements to something forever.

I don't know about LIIs.
    This is so true. I have to create a situation where I am forced to do work. I have very little self-motivation. I don't know that this is about Se-Role though. Also I don't really think of improvements, I just put off things I don't want to do, even if they are interesting. A lot of it's about natural laziness and preferring to do something easy that I want to do.

Arctures: delta just produces boring people
    Arctures: but that's how we like it

vero: who needs a real person
    vero: That's why I date an SLI

dolphin: someone tell gulanzon adjusting shower water to the right temperature is not si

Kraezz: you just have to do the ****** thing sometimes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    She was probably A LSI-SE E-8. Even I can't work with someone that much of a control freak. How she act is very detrimental to the situations, kills hidden potential. It's understandable that you need to be quick in business, but not when you focus so much energy in controlling everything and everyone around you.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se role is kinda like constantly having to work on discipline with everyday stuff that is seen as boring. i'll mess up on the stupidest pickiest stuff because i just can't take it.

diana is right also...you set up the environment to force you to do things.

you do get better at it over time though. the world gives you consequences for Se role...so you improve it. but it's still work.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Se role is kinda like constantly having to work on discipline with everyday stuff that is seen as boring. i'll mess up on the stupidest pickiest stuff because i just can't take it.

diana is right also...you set up the environment to force you to do things.

you do get better at it over time though. the world gives you consequences for Se role...so you improve it. but it's still work.
    Super-ego development is one of those things that is a sign of growing maturity but it should not be at the expense of the ego as that would lead to self-sacrificing rather then self-interested behavior.

I have a SLE friend whom others note we're very very similar people... I think this is a quality of look alike relations especially as you grow older.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally,

Se-role = undisciplined/irresponsible
    Se-vulnerable = lacking in self-confidence/weak-willed.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Super-ego development is one of those things that is a sign of growing maturity but it should not be at the expense of the ego as that would lead to self-sacrificing rather then self-interested behavior.

I have a SLE friend whom others note we're very very similar people... I think this is a quality of look alike relations especially as you grow older.
    This is interesting... do you think altruistic people use the super-ego functions more often?