Thread: my temperament test

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easygoing-You're laid back. You’re content to go with the flow and don't tend to make waves. You comfortably adapt to changing situations. Others enjoy your casual, patient, and easy going manner, but they may complain that you're lazy or that you lack initiative. Because you’re not always busy trying to make things happen, you’re more observant than many people. Your awareness of the flow of events and your tendency to not create turbulence saves you from having to deal with many of difficulties that you see other people creating for themselves. Your ideal partner is Spontaneous. They're interesting and energetic, able to motivate you and spur you into action. They're energetic without being too rigid or demanding. They make going with the flow more fun while you help to avoid the rocks.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, this was written for non-Socionics people, and I never intended for it to be a typing tool. I just felt like writing a facebook quiz, so I based it on a subject I'm familiar with.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quiz results
    You're impulsive, unpredictable, mobile, and fun. You enjoy change and get bored when things stay the same for too long. You live in the moment and don’t weigh yourself down too much with concerns about future steps or details.

When you’re active, you display impressive enthusiasm or drive, but you’re also comfortable slacking off sometimes. Others perceive you as energetic but not too uptight, however, they may also complain that you are unreliable.

Your ideas or goals help spur people into action, but you're not very good with follow through.

Your ideal partner is Easygoing. They're happy to go along with many of your ideas, but they're also good at pointing out and helping you avoid potential problem areas.
    Seems accurate, except I'm not often perceived as "energetic".
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

I think it sent some spam message to all my contacts.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Ah, the joy of Facebook groups.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    Seems accurate, except I'm not often perceived as "energetic".

that was the EP result

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    lol, then you clicked on the wrong button
    SEE

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EP
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    lol, then you clicked on the wrong button
    I agree with Warlord. I clicked on the button that didn't say it would do it, and it still did it.

By the way, this was written for non-Socionics people, and I never intended for it to be a typing tool. I just felt like writing a facebook quiz, so I based it on a subject I'm familiar with.
    So it's not a socionics typing tool. Then it's fine if ragnar gets the so called EP one. It is odd though, I picture ILIs of the one I scored in for the most part, because it goes along with IP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're laid back. You’re content to go with the flow and don't tend to make waves. You comfortably adapt to changing situations. Others enjoy your casual, patient, and easy going manner, but they may complain that you're lazy or that you lack initiative. Because you’re not always busy trying to make things happen, you’re more observant than many people. Your awareness of the flow of events and your tendency to not create turbulence saves you from having to deal with many of difficulties that you see other people creating for themselves.Your ideal partner is Spontaneous. They're interesting and energetic, able to motivate you and spur you into action. They're energetic without being too rigid or demanding. They make going with the flow more fun while you help to avoid the rocks.
    It fits
    Reality bites with a variety of sizes of teeth.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spontaneous, no surprise.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I agree with Warlord. I clicked on the button that didn't say it would do it, and it still did it.
    Weird. No wonder like 30,000 people have taken it.

So it's not a socionics typing tool. Then it's fine if ragnar gets the so called EP one. It is odd though, I picture ILIs of the one I scored in for the most part, because it goes along with IP.
    The easy going one?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the descriptions, if anyone's interested.

EJ- Proactive
    You're one busy bee! You get an idea in your head of how things should be, and you go to work to make them that way. You aren't shy about taking on projects, and you may even feel a bit lost or unsettled if you aren't working on accomplishing something... or, more likely, a number of things. Others are impressed by your readiness to make things happen, but your direct approach, intensity, and occasional impatience may sometimes solicit a "take a chill pill!" response.

Your ideal partner is Steadfast. They're self-controlled, responsible, and focused. They're great with follow through. They remind you not to take on too much at once so you’re able to stay the course and accomplish your truly important goals and objectives.

IJ- Steadfast
    You're self-controlled, conscientious, and focused. You're probably known for being the stable and responsible one, though some might think you're a bit boring or too concerned with stability. Others may tell you that you need to "be more spontaneous". You have the focus and self-discipline necessary to stick with routines. Staying the course is just the natural thing for you to do. For this reason, you're great at follow through and keeping up with the details of a project once it's well underway and nearing completion. You’re not one to impetuously jump on board with any and every new idea or project that comes up.

Your ideal partner is Proactive. They're driven and boldly take on new projects. They need to be reminded not to take on too much at times, but you find their energy and initiative refreshing, and they help keep you from getting stuck in a rut.

EP- Spontaneous
    You're impulsive, unpredictable, mobile, and fun. You enjoy change and get bored when things stay the same for too long. You live in the moment and don’t weigh yourself down too much with concerns about future steps or details. When you’re active, you display impressive enthusiasm or drive, but you’re also comfortable slacking off sometimes. Others perceive you as energetic but not too uptight, however, they may also complain that you are unreliable. Your ideas or goals help spur people into action, but you're not very good with follow through.

Your ideal partner is Easygoing. They're happy to go along with many of your ideas, but they're also good at pointing out and helping you avoid potential problem areas.

IP- Easygoing
    You're laid back. You’re content to go with the flow and don't tend to make waves. You comfortably adapt to changing situations. Others enjoy your casual, patient, and easy going manner, but they may complain that you're lazy or that you lack initiative. Because you’re not always busy trying to make things happen, you’re more observant than many people. Your awareness of the flow of events and your tendency to not create turbulence saves you from having to deal with many of difficulties that you see other people creating for themselves.

Your ideal partner is Spontaneous. They're interesting and energetic, able to motivate you and spur you into action. They're energetic without being too rigid or demanding. They make going with the flow more fun while you help to avoid the rocks.
    SEE

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said this before, but... I'm proud of you Joy. These are very simple and excellent descriptions.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehhh, too simplistic IMO.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I've said this before, but... I'm proud of you Joy. These are very simple and excellent descriptions.
    Thanks. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Ehhh, too simplistic IMO.
    I think it depends on what they're being used for. They're a bit too generalized to take literally, and they don't take into account lifestyle differences. They also don't really mention that they're only natural tendencies. They were only intended to be used as the results for a facebook quiz though, so there was never any need for them to be totally accurate or precise. It's certainly important that there are more detailed descriptions available for people who are actually interested in learning about Socionics, but in terms of the average person off the street simply grasping the essence/basic idea of the core differences between the temperaments, I think they're a good start.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Someone's response to my temperament quiz:

gUd Luck...
    What kind of result would one need to get in order to make that response make sense?
    SEE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Someone's response to my temperament quiz:

What kind of result would one need to get in order to make that response make sense?
    Perhaps that person was going to send the test to his ideal partner and check the claims?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Yeah, I thought maybe it was a "good luck trying to deal with me mwahahahaha" sort of thing... but... ?
    SEE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These temperaments in the traditional sense seem like:

EJ choleric - get it done
    IJ melancholic - do it right
    EP sanguine - and so on....
    IP phlegmatic

It especially seems that way when I ask around for people's opinions, and how they identify.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 08-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    These temperaments in the traditional sense seem like:

EJ choleric - get it done
    IJ melancholic - do it right
    EP sanguine - and so on....
    IP phlegmatic

It especially seems that way when I ask around for people's opinions, and how they identify.
    I don't think the correlation is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Why having to login on Facebook to make a test? Just letting you know that I can't do the test because I don't have an account and I will probably never have one.
    Because I made it specifically to be a facebook test, lol. For those who don't have facebook, I posted the results. They can just read the results and decide which fits them.
    SEE

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may put it on OKCupid at some point. Not sure what would be involved in that.
    SEE

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    SEE

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah of course not, but everyone has a different description for all of those, so it would be more or less correlated.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The characteristics that make make those types are different than the characteristics that make up temperaments.
    SEE