Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: is my type ESE or SEE?

Smile is my type ESE or SEE?

I am having troubles narrowing down which type I actually am. At the moment I'm debating between ESE and SEE. I was looking at a few other threads on the site and I saw that people were doing video responses, which I believe will help people properly type me. Since I pretty bad at just rambling about myself , I am going to ask you guys to ask me questions and I will respond via video.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, sometimes Fe/Si and Se/Fi can be hard to differentiate, especially if you're new to this. Might actually help to look at duality descriptions and try to figure out if your dual is INTp or INTj. You could also look at temperament and try to think if you're more Ej or Ep. Rationals tend to like to follow plans in a straight line without getting too much detoured whereas irrationals can be enjoy the flexibility of a detour and make it work to their advantage more quickly without as much stress or reprogramming. if that makes sense.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Well I read over the descriptions of both the INTp and INTj and to be completely honest, neither of them seem interesting at all.

INTjs seem to be a background people with no emotion, while INTps seem to be mean, boring people. It may have been the descriptions that I read but I'm not impressed nor turned on to either.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beeyouteafull View Post
    Well I read over the descriptions of both the INTp and INTj and to be completely honest, neither of them seem interesting at all.

INTjs seem to be a background people with no emotion, while INTps seem to be mean, boring people. It may have been the descriptions that I read but I'm not impressed nor turned on to either.
    that's not how relationships work in socionics terms.

A month ago somebody posted a similar remark. He saw a dual actor on tv and he didn't felt dualized when he watched t.v.

You have to interact otherwise it doesn't work. You have to be physically and mentally involved.

Everybody has the had this experience. Reading about your dual makes you think 'that's not what I'm looking for'. But when you get together, suddenly you experience really cool things happen in your mind and feeling.

Creepy-male

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-ovcharov.html

This may help. Also, LIIs may be robots, but they're really fun robots! And smart too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say SEE from your general attitude. ESEs are really good at rambling about themselves
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Everybody has the had this experience. Reading about your dual makes you think 'that's not what I'm looking for'. But when you get together, suddenly you experience really cool things happen in your mind and feeling.
    this is exactly right. I felt the same way at first.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is you attitude towards "background people" when you're in social situations? If you see someone that looks out of place, do you try to include them, or do you focus more on who/what is in front of you?
    The saddest ESFj

Quote Originally Posted by fear of sleep View Post
    What is you attitude towards "background people" when you're in social situations? If you see someone that looks out of place, do you try to include them, or do you focus more on who/what is in front of you?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The focus on "including" background people points towards ESE > SEE.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, ESE. The extravert in a duality pair often does not find the introvert very interesting at first, because all of his strengths and interesting characteristics are hidden inside where they can't be easily seen. It's only after close, usually one-on-one interaction that the extravert realizes how cool and attractive the introvert really is.

Of course the introvert, meanwhile, thinks that the extravert is way too good for him and "out of his league" as it were. It's only after close interaction that he realizes "Oh, I guess she's human after all!", which of course makes her all the more attractive and interesting to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I agree, ESE. The extravert in a duality pair often does not find the introvert very interesting at first, because all of his strengths and interesting characteristics are hidden inside where they can't be easily seen. It's only after close, usually one-on-one interaction that the extravert realizes how cool and attractive the introvert really is.

Of course the introvert, meanwhile, thinks that the extravert is way too good for him and "out of his league" as it were. It's only after close interaction that he realizes "Oh, I guess she's human after all!", which of course makes her all the more attractive and interesting to him.
    So how am I suppose to find this dual of mine? I tend to just date guys and not be friends with them first. So you're saying for me to find "him" I have to befriend him first because I won't initially be attracted to him?

Creepy-male

So how am I suppose to find this dual of mine? I tend to just date guys and not be friends with them first. So you're saying for me to find "him" I have to befriend him first because I won't initially be attracted to him?
    Or make lots of LII friends, and use that as a database to guide your dating? That's my strategy, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Or make lots of LII friends, and use that as a database to guide your dating? That's my strategy, anyway.
    I like your strategy. Thank for sharing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krig gave the textbook way for duals to "fall" into a relationship. I say fall because we usually aren't expecting it to happen. I wasn't expecting you to say you were attracted to those background people. It was a question to determine your personality type, not the type of people you're attracted to. Based on your answer I would say you are ESE as well.

Now on meeting your dual, I can't really say how. Chances are you already know someone who is your dual in one way or another. They always seem to be right under our noses. I don't know your relationship history, so I can't say for sure.

Also, don't rule out EIE. The inclusion idea works for both EIE as well as ESE, so take a look. I'm terrible at identifying EIEs--my forum blog will attest to that.
    The saddest ESFj

while INTps seem to be mean, boring people.
    You make it sound like it's a bad thing haha

Anyway based on the information so far, I don't think you are SeFi (ESFp). You seemed like alpha-SF on the video.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On meeting your dual: this is where socionics comes in really handy. Once you figure out how to type people effectively, you'll be able to pick your dual out of a crowd without much trouble. You just have to know what you're looking for.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure you're ESE. I am hoping you are ESE, because I don't want a dual who is a fucking snob. I like how you refer to 'background people' as some sort of lower class. For many years in highschool I was convinced the extraverts around me were mentally retarded. They seemed interested in boring, meaningless shit, and unable to hold anything in their memory beyond about 4 or 5 seconds. This made communicating with them nearly impossible. Introvert / Extravert thing I guess. Anyway please fuck off
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-23-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE>SEE. Regarding dating your dual: just find someone with lots of money, dual or not, whatever.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preferably a prostitute.

Oh I thought you were talking to me. Nevermind.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    Pretty sure you're ESE. I am hoping you are ESE, because I don't want a dual who is a fucking snob. I like how you refer to 'background people' as some sort of lower class. For many years in highschool I was convinced the extraverts around me were mentally retarded. They seemed interested in boring, meaningless shit, and unable to hold anything in their memory beyond about 4 or 5 seconds. This made communicating with them nearly impossible. Introvert / Extravert thing I guess. Anyway please fuck off
    Huh, that's funny, I heard her say that she's not really attracted to "background people" but still tries to help them fit in and is nice to them. That doesn't sound very snobbish to me. What sounds snobbish to me is dismissing an entire group of people as "mentally retarded" and viewing one's self as inherently superior to them.

But I must just be misunderstanding the meaning of the word. Surely such an intelligent person capable of holding things in his memory for more than 4 or 5 seconds would not make such an error. I should probably go look up the meaning of the word.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your strategy. Thank for sharing.
    I know someone who reminds me of you a lot who I typed SEI. She likes to have a lot of friends and include people, but she seems more thankful when someone new makes the effort to approach her and talk and begin making friends with her. The whole "include everyone" thing is good by her even though she's not exactly one to constantly assure it. When more people are part is when introductions get made by the extroverts, and she likes being part of the discussion and has a hard time thinking up things to socialize about when there is no bouncing off people in the group. She's mainly inclined to one on one discussion however.

She would probably call herself an extrovert, but in this theory, many Fe things blow right past her. The 2nd function is not always the most prominent.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just love how you edited this, since you originally said that she was SEE.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not so much that he said that she was an SEE first, but that his entire position on the matter changed too. Like he realized he did not want to be associated with that anymore. At least have the dignity to admit your stance changed weirdo.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing haha

Anyway based on the information so far, I don't think you are SeFi (ESFp). You seemed like alpha-SF on the video.
    I'm honestly not trying to offend you, it's just the description that I read came off as though an INTp would be both mean and somewhat boring.

When interacting with others they may be very active, pushy and sometimes even aggressive. They often do not obey the norms of politeness and may sometime be rough and vulgar, however this behaviour usually does not last a long time.

When INTps speak publicly they habitually adopt a slow, monotone speech pattern. This may have a sleep inducing hypnotic effect on their audience.

INTps are very sceptical to others who are undertaking new beginnings. They are able to pour cold water on others burning enthusiasm. They try to keep others from being passionate as they consider strong emotions to be harmful.
    from socionics.com

On meeting your dual: this is where socionics comes in really handy. Once you figure out how to type people effectively, you'll be able to pick your dual out of a crowd without much trouble. You just have to know what you're looking for.
    This is something that I very much look forward to doing. I still have to figure out my type first though, and I'm having a pretty difficult time.

I've honestly have never been called a "fucking snob" before. When I mentioned "background people" I meant it to clarify that they aren't the ones in the "spotlight." I, in no way, shape or form, was trying to claim for them to be in a lower class then myself, you are just twisting my words around.

I can assure you that I am an extravert but my interests vary from photography to physics to dance. I was a mega-nerd in high school and friends with many introverted people.

I hope you got your facts straight and hope that you take a chill pill.

ESE>SEE. Regarding dating your dual: just find someone with lots of money, dual or not, whatever.
    Wow, you sound like my mother. ha. I actually don't care about money. I'd pick happiness over money any day.

Preferably a prostitute.

Oh I thought you were talking to me. Nevermind.
    What?????

Huh, that's funny, I heard her say that she's not really attracted to "background people" but still tries to help them fit in and is nice to them. That doesn't sound very snobbish to me. What sounds snobbish to me is dismissing an entire group of people as "mentally retarded" and viewing one's self as inherently superior to them.

But I must just be misunderstanding the meaning of the word. Surely such an intelligent person capable of holding things in his memory for more than 4 or 5 seconds would not make such an error. I should probably go look up the meaning of the word.
    Thank you!

I know someone who reminds me of you a lot who I typed SEI. She likes to have a lot of friends and include people, but she seems more thankful when someone new makes the effort to approach her and talk and begin making friends with her. The whole "include everyone" thing is good by her even though she's not exactly one to constantly assure it. When more people are part is when introductions get made by the extroverts, and she likes being part of the discussion and has a hard time thinking up things to socialize about when there is no bouncing off people in the group. She's mainly inclined to one on one discussion however.

She would probably call herself an extrovert, but in this theory, many Fe things blow right past her. The 2nd function is not always the most prominent.
    Well your friend does sound a lot like me. I do want to include everyone, but if someone were to approach me then I usually just feel better. It's easier and nice.

Your last little paragraph confused me. I'm still pretty new to all of this.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well forget about socionics.com. It's a bad site and it doesn't introduce the information elements which are essential. Even their descriptions are contradictory to the information elements. I'm surprised you're not in an MBTI forum right now. If you go to other socionics sites, they will probably speak of the information elements for each type. ESEs are dominant in Fe and have Si as a secondary "creative" function, and SEIs are dominant in Si, and Fe is their creative function.

Extroverts aren't like in MBTI where they have to be outgoing. In socionics, extroverts are more about changing or controlling the situation, and introverts are more in a state of observation and passive perception. The human and the fish are together, but the fish are swimming and the human is only observing what is happening. The SEI goes swimming when he/she taps into his/her creative function Fe, but usually the main function Si keeps him/her in passive perception. The SEI can still always be talking to friends without engaging in swimming. It's just that the SEI mostly will remain calm, passive, and receptive with their communication, and won't try so much to make significant impacts.

In fact the SEI will listen to themselves more and do and say what they want to do, where as the ESE will more so act according to the standards of the external situation, and this has to do with irrationality vs rationality, not introversion vs extroversion.

So I'm just wondering if you already know all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Well forget about socionics.com. It's a bad site and it doesn't introduce the information elements which are essential. Even their descriptions are contradictory to the information elements. I'm surprised you're not in an MBTI forum right now. If you go to other socionics sites, they will probably speak of the information elements for each type. ESEs are dominant in Fe and have Si as a secondary "creative" function, and SEIs are dominant in Si, and Fe is their creative function.

Extroverts aren't like in MBTI where they have to be outgoing. In socionics, extroverts are more about changing or controlling the situation, and introverts are more in a state of observation and passive perception. The human and the fish are together, but the fish are swimming and the human is only observing what is happening. The SEI goes swimming when he/she taps into his/her creative function Fe, but usually the main function Si keeps him/her in passive perception. The SEI can still always be talking to friends without engaging in swimming. It's just that the SEI mostly will remain calm, passive, and receptive with their communication, and won't try so much to make significant impacts.

In fact the SEI will listen to themselves more and do and say what they want to do, where as the ESE will more so act according to the standards of the external situation, and this has to do with irrationality vs rationality, not introversion vs extroversion.
    Ok, I'm taking note not to take socionics.com for serious and will stop going there. What's a MBTI forum?
    Could you give me a list of over websites I should browse?

I know next to nothing.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is Rick Delong's website, and this page briefly explains the information elements. Socionics :: Information Elements, and it has a little introduction.

is Fe and
    is Si

There is also Wikisocion, but it's a collaboration of user submitted items that get reviewed. There is excess wording there that can be misleading to the basics. If you're looking for type descriptions, you can find a variety of them at wikisocion, but there are bound to be people in this very forum that have written them. So whatever you decide, I would recommend mulling it over on the forums first.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For many years in highschool I was convinced the extraverts around me were mentally retarded. They seemed interested in boring, meaningless shit, and unable to hold anything in their memory beyond about 4 or 5 seconds. This made communicating with them nearly impossible. Introvert / Extravert thing I guess.
    Despite the fact they are your dual, you would probably hate a SEE. This negative description sounds like just about every SEE I've ever met (exaggerated, of course).

INTps seem to be mean, boring people.
    Well, there's the mean part at least
    Stan is not my real name.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whole bunch of deprived LIIs playing saviour to one beautiful bitch ESFj girl... put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.
    This:

Couple that with a video where you talk about helping the 'background people' out, more out of sympathy than any real interest.. and you have just earned yourself a fuck off.

my stance changed in a few minutes after watching the video a second time and thinking about it. The more derogatory aspects of my post actually never changed. The first sentence changed from "I think you're SEE", to "I can't decide between ESE and SEE", to "I think you are ESE", as well as adding in a few extra comments as they came to me, like "please fuck off". If there is something wrong with thinking about something and using the edit button I'd love to know what it is.
    What pisses me off is that this bitch comes in here and basically says... "I find nothing redeeming about either INTp or INTj... how about you guys qualify yourself to me like a bunch of dogs?".. It's there, just read between the lines. Then I see people jump up and start trying to redeem themselves to this girl. No wait, duality can be fun! We're great people, we really are! You just have to discover us!... Its degrading and pathetic. How can you kiss ass so shamelessly?
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-24-2009 at 04:20 AM.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whole bunch of deprived LIIs playing saviour to one beautiful bitch ESFj girl... put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.
    What pisses me off is that this bitch comes in here and basically says... "I find nothing redeeming about either INTp or INTj... how about you guys qualify yourself to me like a bunch of dogs?".. It's there, just read between the lines. Then I see people jump up and start trying to redeem themselves to this girl. No wait, duality can be fun! We're great people, we really are! You just have to discover us!... Its degrading and pathetic. How can you kiss ass so shamelessly?
    See, what I heard was "I'm new to socionics and don't understand why I don't feel attracted to the descriptions of these types who are supposed to be my duals. Somebody please explain," followed by a logical discussion of socionics. Clearly one of us is reading between the lines wrong, and logically speaking it's more likely to be the one in the opposing quadra. Of course, from the sounds of it, you're not willing to consider the possibility that you're wrong, and instead wish to continue to indulge your self-righteous anger. You go right ahead; we inferior dogs will be discussing more relevant issues.

Anyway, this little conflict brings to light one of the main ways in which LIIs perform a valuable function for ESEs: naturally and instinctively defending their weak Logic functions. What crazedratXII interpreted as "deprived LIIs playing saviour" is actually our automatic, normal response to that sort of attack. ESEs provide a similar service for LIIs: protecting us from awkward social situations. We also provide such services as "finishing your sentences when you can't quite find the right words" and "knowing what you mean when you try to explain things that are hard to explain."

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    We also provide such services as "finishing your sentences when you can't quite find the right words" and "knowing what you mean when you try to explain things that are hard to explain."
    Yes

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not want to deprive you the pleasure of doing it yourself.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This:

Couple that with a video where you talk about helping the 'background people' out, more out of sympathy than any real interest.. and you have just earned yourself a fuck off.

my stance changed in a few minutes after watching the video a second time and thinking about it. The more derogatory aspects of my post actually never changed. The first sentence changed from "I think you're SEE", to "I can't decide between ESE and SEE", to "I think you are ESE", as well as adding in a few extra comments as they came to me, like "please fuck off". If there is something wrong with thinking about something and using the edit button I'd love to know what it is.
    LOL! you sound so emo.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

biatch i was emo before emo existed

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    LOL! you sound so emo.
    lol
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This:

Yeah the intent of your post changed from relating to her to making her look bad. Anyways she is how old? Looks pretty young to me. She would/probably not have learned to appreciate much outside of her ego functions yet. That being the case, it is impossible for us to tell her why she should like such and such type, because she does not yet understand the interaction.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in that case i wasnt fully expressing myself at first. forgive me for that

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like you.You're bitch. You also remind me of my ESE gf. Wouldn't rule out SEE yet, though.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast