View Poll Results: What is Penny Dreadful's type?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • EII- INFj

2 14.29%
  • IEE-ENFp

0 0%
  • EIE-ENFj

5 35.71%
  • IEI-INFp

6 42.86%
  • None, silly. It's ___ (specify in the thread)

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Curious Case Of Penny Dreadful's type (With video!)

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The Curious Case Of Penny Dreadful's type (With video!)

Against my better judgement, I have finally made a typing video, answering some of @thehotelambush Questions. As you can see, it's fairly long, and since the speech was utter shit anyway, as i felt my throat freezing and my mind blacking out every 5 seconds or so, I went to answer the other questions of the QA down below, in writing. Hope you can still juice some VI material out of that shitty video ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIB2_G3Aemo&t=1s

And hurry up, as it will be removed in 24 hours.

How would your friends describe you?

Peculiar, probably. Imaginative. I don't have that many good friends so i can't really offer wide perspectives on this question, sadly. Like I said in the video, I'd want to form more connections but lack the drive to do so.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

'What do I like about myself' surely is hard to answer. There will always be one thing that I will be nitpicky about, I'm hard on myself. Even if people point out a good trait in me, I'll find ways to prove them wrong, just for the sake of doing so, I guess. I suck

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

Can someone donate some motivation to me, please? I'm running thin on it. Seriously though, I suck at managing things. My time, money, being practical, that sort of stuff. That, in comination with a low self-esteem and feebleness makes for a deadly combination for myself. Sometimes, others give me shit for being 'condescending'. I guess I can be, i appear quite self-assured when near people I am familiar with, but i still don't know where they're coming from in that regard. What do i dislike about myself? Everything, from toe to head. Physical appearance-wise, genetic lottery decided to hit me with a hammer. That, among a plethora of other things that are embedded within my cerebral cortex, of course. Things and thoughts that make me want to hate every particle of my being sometimes. But lately I have been working on it, and I can say it's not as bad as in the past.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

I need someone that can take care of my needs. I'm a bloody baby. I am forgetful, I always disregard small details, never actually get shit done. Guess I'm looking for a 'secretary' but more humane .
    Someone that can motivate me, for short. Someone that can pull me out of my brooding puddle and get me to 'smell the flowers'.
    Not sure that I manage well on my own in any area actually, HAHA. But I guess relationships with people would be a thing?

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

Chores, house and grocery shopping, many other things that I can't exactly remember at the moment. Basically, everything that has to do with day-to-day-living makes me feel like a vegetable. Things that I enjoy more than others would be random banter with people, creative writing, reading and full-time daydreaming.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    Each time i set a long term goal, I sabotage myself. I always shift my perspective, I always find ways to undermine myself for what I like doing. I am an aspiring author, but as I set myself in motion, I take one step forward and 300 backwards, because I know that there will be a hole that I'll fall into midway on the path. I've had this epiphany after writing a 2-page fable about a Rabbit and a Fox fighting for supremacy over an Enchanted Forest, back during the 3rd grade. People commended my storywriting and storytelling abilities, and it was all a beautiful journey of self-discovery from there. Having to tell beautiful lies for a living is my aspiration, I guess. I want to incite people to dream, fear, cry, smile and travel. I want to offer them (and myself) a gateway, away from this world. But it's a long and rocky road, one that I feel pretty discouraged to even set foot on.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

As much as I spoke about hating High School and my despise for the consumerist society that we live in, I can't imagine a world without it. A life without sorrows would be, in my opinion, a life not worth living. 'Comfort' would not be for me, at least I don't think so. It's nice to know that after sailing on troubled seas, Odysseus had a home to come back to. But I think we all need a little bit of an Earthquake in our life to shake out foundations, help us see things in perspective, spice things up a little. As such, If a miracle like financial comfort were to ever happen, I would go and do things I hate. Do them just for the sake of feeling miserable, I suppose.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I don't like starting shit, but I love stirring it. As such, I admire the people that start shit in groups, but with a clear goal in mind. I guess it's a bit of an odd thing to find 'endearing' in individuals, but I do LOL. This being said, overpragmatism tends to annoy the fuck out of me. Or just overly-bubbly people in general.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

...What environment? Seriously though, I could probably live in a 3-star hotel room for the rest of my life. I just need a place where to sleep, sit back and unwind. I would probably hang a few things around or bring souvenirs from my travels, but nothing too fancy. Chores, as I mentioned above, are little imps that I must fend off against every day, if i want to surive. Honestly, if it weren't for my parents, my house would probably look like Isabelle and Theo's house from 'The Dreamers' after their parents' departure.

How do you behave around strangers?

Proper, at first. I need to start building the bridge to get over to them, somehow. As such, I maintain a good impression initially, peeling out the layers of my true self only after a period of interaction. I feel awkward around strangers, though. The whole 'smile and nod' attitude that I have to adopt kind of makes me cringe.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

Sharp. I retaliate verbally, and I won't hold back. Though conflict for the sake of conflict is just stupid, and I will try to reconcille the situation the best I can. If someone attacks me, they'll get some sharp insults back, for sure, and they can fuck right off. I don't have time to deal with them, as some people just want to watch the world burn.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.

After every history lecture, our teacher scolds us for being such a 'failed' generation. She says that they had it worse, back in their day, and yet prevailled. They prevailled, despite the system being as corrupt and miserable as ever. Bottom line is, that we have to swallow the load and move on. That is what pisses me off, expecting other people to do as good as you, yet better. Expecting change, yet inciting stagnation. Just because things have been so for decades doesn't mean that they should stay this way. Blaming the world for your problems is also a pet peeve of mine. Be the change you want to see in the 'world', don't just abscond. It is not the World, that which is a burden for poor Atlas, but the people inhabiting it.

What did you do last Friday?

My parents are go, mother went to the Netherlands for a conference so I had all that time for myself. I was supposed to do the typing video for this forum, but bailed out. I spent the day reading, listening to music, writing drafts for my works. At night, I took a walk and went to the plaza to see the Christmas lights. After arriving there I noticed that the mayor was standing on a stage, with a sea of people surrounding him. God, what a loud and obnoxious event. It was awful, so I just slowly came back home, and devoured pages from Neil Gaiman's 'Stardust'. Splendid book, even though I saw the movie before reading it, I can say that i like the book more, as it contours the fantasy world better and has a much darker, serious atmosphere. While it lacked in expressiveness (For a secondary-plot love story, it was prety lame, and the movie was better in that aspect) it was charming.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Going to tag some people, don't mind me.
    @Viktor @Olimpia @Sol @Scarper

TIM
    ESI 6w7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I really thought you are a girl from your previous posts around the forum lol. Your video is cut off without you finish talking?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I really thought you are a girl from your previous posts around the forum lol. Your video is cut off without you finish talking?
    Yes, and that's when I realised that making another one would have been a pain. I did you guys the favour of not having to sit through more minutes of rambling so I just answered the questions in the thread instead.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that storage space is not infinite ;(

TIM
    ESI 6w7
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Yes, and that's when I realised that making another one would have been a pain. I did you guys the favour of not having to sit through more minutes of rambling so I just answered the questions in the thread instead.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that storage space is not infinite ;(
    I don't know about your type, but I did watch your video until the end (something I rarely did). So maybe that tells something maybe not.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I don't know about your type, but I did watch your video until the end (something I rarely did). So maybe that tells something maybe not.
    Awh, that's flattering actually. I accept both typing conclussions and ego strokes ;P

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem ILE
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, you seemed kind of NT, maybe ILI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

N type. Not Fe. Not EJ.
    some more possibly I

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    You seem ILE
    If there's one thing that I know for certain about my type, is that I'm not a logical type. I've come to this surefire conclussion after days and days of reading socionics material and wandering off to forums and boards.

My Ti and Te are like imaginary friends: I'm the only one who knows they exist.

Also, i didn't put a poll up because i didn't want to 'herd' people into certain types. It's really interesting that you see me as ILE though.

I don't know how people don't see beta NF but ok. I'm new to this anyway.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tide View Post
    I don't know how people don't see beta NF but ok. I'm new to this anyway.
    It's possible ...

What people are noticing is N type.

When you think about it, an ILI or an IEI isn't really a T type or an F type, they are an N type because N is their base function. The 2nd function isn't expressed as strongly, and expressed in different way depending on the person too.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I feel like a 5 year old, opening his gifts in the Christmas morning.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obvious EIE and enneagram 4 imo.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another thing: If anyone needs me to answer some questions or elaborate on sone other stuff then don't hesitate to do so.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really interesting that you see me as ILE though.
    Somebody else suggested EIE. I think that's a better typing now.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very clear to me: IEI-Ni. Intuition is your strongest element and your need for Se is very noticeable. There are also Te PoLR references (e.g. you dislike overpragmatism).
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    The 2nd function isn't expressed as strongly, and expressed in different way depending on the person too.
    The difference in expression between ego functions is not significant for typing. You may notice J/P and E/I difference far more clear.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The difference in expression between ego functions is not significant for typing. You may notice J/P and E/I difference far more clear.
    This isn't true.

But, i'm not going to debate with you over this, you've already crashed enough threads.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Another thing: If anyone needs me to answer some questions or elaborate on some other stuff then don't hesitate to do so.
    You may try IR test.
    I plan to expand the number of examples there during a week, so you may wait until 17 dec.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

More important thing is tell how you think.

Anyways, EIE's like introspection, ILE's avoid it socially ().

You don't know about your values, but it is there. is not in ego or super-ego especially I think ignoring.

Furthermore I think you are in the same spin group as me in Model G.

You have some sort of inclination towards symbolism and emotional expression, writes novels, enjoys reading. Low inclination towards logical hobbies.

I think that points towards EIE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarper View Post
    This isn't true.
    Then you are unique. No one still typed by strenght of ego functions directly. Such was used only in 8-functional tests, where anyway Talanov, as I remember, prefered dichotomies averages, at least initially, to decide about type.

> i'm not going to debate with you over this

You have nothing to debate on reasonable level, what have show in "enough threads". I also notice that you tend to irrationally believe in heresies like gulenkish bs. And now you show another "original view".

"you've already crashed enough threads" - also I notice your tendency for projections, but your personality matters nothing, anyway

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey now, guys and gals. No quarreling in my Good Ol' Christian typing thread. 'Tis the season after all, be merry.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Then you are unique. No one still typed by strenght of ego functions directly. Such was used only in 8-functional tests, where anyway Talanov, as I remember, prefered dichotomies averages, at least initially, to decide about type.

> i'm not going to debate with you over this

You have nothing to debate on reasonable level, what have show in "enough threads". I also notice that you tend to irrationally believe in heresies like gulenkish bs. And now you show another "original view".

"you've already crashed enough threads" - also I notice your tendency for projections, but your personality matters nothing, anyway
    @Penny Dreadful, ignore this guy ^

Penny, read this for a good understanding of what i'm saying: http://www.socionics.com/articles/NTFS.html

Remember too that Jung spoke about types being N, or T, or S, or F, separated by being Extraverted or Introverted. Jung mainly spoke of the lead function, but mentioned briefly about there being a secondary function less expressed, and in service to the first.

Hey now, guys and gals. No quarreling in my Good Ol' Christian typing thread. 'Tis the season after all, be merry.
    What do you think about your type, Penny?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tide View Post
    What do you think about your type, Penny?
    Honestly, not a lot. The only surefire signs, in my humble opinion, are that I have N and F thrown somewhere in my type. Most people have been typing me as IEI and EIE for a long time now, with a small,wee majority being in favour for EII and even IEE. j and p dichotomies don't tell me so much, I could very well be either. Though I have p tendencies. Quadra-wise, I dislike the whole system, actually. Alphas are too juvenile and I can't even have a sincere conversation with them(I know this since my high school is an Alpha rich environment), Betas seem like [passive]aggressive apes, Gammas won't even want to look at you, and Deltas are like old ladies with cats that stay inside and knit all day. That's it, in my experience. Though if i were to pick one, I think I'd integrate into Beta, despite all the over-the-top powerplay going on there. I would say Deltas but some of them are snowflakes that get triggered way too easily by my sense of humour and just views on life overal, it's like dictated morality.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I watched the first few minutes of the video, and I agree with Beta NF.

You have amazing mental balance, incidentally. Your left and right eyes are mirror images of each other. Almost no one can say that about themselves.

To me, you look a bit like a younger version of Tim Curry.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think very clear type and very clear ethical inclinations.

seems afterthought behind rationalism. Ethical base because one side is left out and you find ignoring aspects bit frustrating whereas IEI would say about ethics as a whole: "Oops I did it again. I'm great at this somehow."
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I think very clear type and very clear ethical inclinations.

seems afterthought behind rationalism. Ethical base because one side is left out and you find ignoring aspects bit frustrating whereas IEI would say about ethics as a whole: "Oops I did it again. I'm great at this somehow."
    Ooh, thanks for the insight.
    I would like you to elaborate more on IEIs though. Interesting creatures.
    Also, since the dust is settling, I think I'll add a poll tomorow, so make sure to be a good citizen of this forum and vote.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Deltas are like old ladies with cats that stay inside and knit all day
    also we have extraverts

mainly I suspected LII

Though if i were to pick one, I think I'd integrate into Beta
    you may try to interact with T and F beta types IRL and to check the results

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ooh, thanks for the insight.
    I would like you to elaborate more on IEIs though. Interesting creatures.
    Also, since the dust is settling, I think I'll add a poll tomorow, so make sure to be a good citizen of this forum and vote.

IEI's are masters of handling relations for their own ends. Ask @Olimpia more. Creative function + highly functioning demonstrative is useful tool to use while it really doesn't drive main interest. I'd think thank they are drawn towards powerful (as in here and now) individuals and that would be their number 1 turn on. Therefore I'd imagine that IEI would try handle their relations in order to get towards what they really value.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The poll is out everyone! Put on your Sunday Clothes and get a-voting.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Did it while wearing boxers = my Sunday suit
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how people don't see that you're a Lizard type space alien. Everyone is obviously an idiot.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEI-Ni or ILI-Ni.

You come across very differently over voice compared to through text; clearer and less flowery.

I do lean towards IEI though.

The people who voted for EIE need to explain where they see any signs of extroversion.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJ temperament definitely.

You seem ISTj Fe-seeking to me, as you mentioned you like when ppl get you to stop and smell the flowers and be less broody. That smells Fe dual seeking as hell to me.

You remind me of Napoleon Dynamite in a way. =D

Also please don't hate me but I admit I was turned off by your appearance at first, but it's silly that we judge others so much for superficial shit like that when it really is what's on the inside that counts. And I think you can find a lot of people here you can relate with that have similar experiences. I'm a writer as well, as well as awkward/nerdy.

Thanks for sharing the video.I am taken aback by your composure, ability to conceptualize internal states and present in vigorous narratives, and sharp delivery. You look like you could get along just fine with Lou Reed. Beta?
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 12-09-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    IEI-Ni or ILI-Ni.

You come across very differently over voice compared to through text; clearer and less flowery.

I do lean towards IEI though.

The people who voted for EIE need to explain where they see any signs of extroversion.
    Agh, this is confusing indeed. Some people think in dichotomies, some in functions, and they rarely use both, in my experience. Yeah, honestly I don't think I'm E either.

Look up an interview with Regina Spektor. Her Introversion fill the room around her, and people type her as EIE-Ni.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Look up an interview with Regina Spektor. Her Introversion fill the room around her, and people type her as EIE-Ni.
    Similar I may say about typing Trump, H. Clinton and Merkel to T types and idiocy around them.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your Ne use is rather strong.

EIE-Ni if we need to use subtypes...

Or let's say that your Fe is rather inert. Typical in many cases and contact function is Ni. Furthermore you kind of seem to appreciate Ti more than IEI.
    Or more like causal deterministic style of thinking.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast