Thread: Michael Franti

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Michael Franti

So I stumbled upon this guy recently and I am curious about his type, and the socionics themes from his music.

Substantiate your answers please.

Attachment 5866
    Attachment 5867
    Attachment 5868

One minute biography:

Other videos:

Live street activism earmarked link @https://youtu.be/mgdFHU7hraM?t=64.

Interview earmarked link @https://youtu.be/Yf_70wpL6D0?t=304

Music:

Lyrics
    A revolution never come with a warnin'A revolution never sends you an omen
    A revolution just arrived like the mornin'
    Ring the alarm, we come to wake up the snorin'

They tellin' you to never worry about the future
    They tellin' you to never worry about the torture
    They tellin you that you'll never see the horror
    Spend it all today and we will bill you tomorrow

Three piece suits and bank accounts in Bahamas
    Wall Street crime will never send you to the slammer
    Tell all the children in the arms of their mommas
    The F-15 is a homicide bomber

TV commercials for a popping pill culture
    Drug companies circling like a vulture
    Ameri- Iraqi babies with a G.I. Joe father
    Ten years from now is anybody gonna bother?

Yell fire, yo, yo, yo, yo

A revolution never come with a warnin'
    A revolution never sends you an omen
    A revolution

Everyone addicted to the same nicotine
    Everyone addicted to the same gasoline
    Everyone addicted to a Technicolor screen
    Everybody trying to get their hands on same green

From the banks of the river to the banks of the greedy
    All of the riches taken back by needy
    We come from the country and we come from the city
    You play us on the record, you can play us on the CD

All the shit you given us is fertilizer
    The seeds that you planted you can never brutalize them
    Tell the corporation you can never globalize it
    Like Peter Tosh said, 'Legalize It'

Girls and boys hear the bass and treble
    Rumble in the speakers and it make you wanna rebel
    Throw your hands up, take it to another level
    And you can never, ever, ever make a deal with the devil

Throw your hands up
    Throw your hands up
    Just throw your hands up
    Throw your hands up

A revolution just arrives like the mornin'
    Ring the alarm, we come to wake up the snorin'

Yell fire, yo, yo, yo
    Here we come, here we come
    A revoution'll come
    Put 'em up, put 'em up

Last edited by wacey; 07-11-2015 at 06:23 PM.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Music with built in lyrics:

Older music:

Lyrics:

You see I light up the night like fireworks after dark
    Open the night up at candlestick park
    It's time to get down low down on the show down
    So we can throw down and get together

The spearhead funk is in the air
    Throw up your hands like you just don't care
    And rub up close to your neighbour
    This is the time for you to savour
    Suck it slow like a life saver
    As always the DJ's the saviour
    Flip the switch because I've missed you
    In the darkness I like to kiss you
    Neck to neck sweat steaming wet
    Hips rub-a-dub and feel a pounding in my chest

Boom boom feel the heart beat
    Aah smells so sweet
    Like a fresh cut citrus mango juicy and delicious
    I like to sink into you
    Lava lamp watch and do your voodoo
    Wiggle it from side to side
    Crack your back from the inside
    You're my ticket
    Feel me get wicked

(Chorus)
    Smells so sweet
    First time love me unique
    From tip top and down to my feet
    Smells so sweet
    First time love me unique
    Boom two me and you

Visualise feel the heat
    Its too hot to sleep under the sheet
    Watch the fan circle overhead
    Blowing air down to your bed
    See your like mist on my skin
    Alcohol burnin' in
    Openin' my pours up
    Openin' doors up
    Open doors up so close up
    I can hear your breathin' so revealing
    Peeling off you tank top sit on top
    Sit on top find the right spot
    Soft lips warm tongue
    Enter me like reefer in my lungs
    Exhale
    Touch me like the blind read brail
    You liberate this man
    But my love ain't for sale
    (chorus)

See I remember when we meet
    At the Chinese restaurant
    Eating my pots? and a plate of egg fo yung
    I was sprung by the way that you handled yourself
    When I looked at you dumb
    No artificial flavours and no artificial fronts
    You were smooth like I imagined you to be
    I'd be fool to ever let you get away from me
    Back then we fumbled through the first formalities
    Now I'm feeling for your neck
    Don't ever set me free
    Don't ever set me free
    Cause it's just you and me
    (chorus)

You make my heart beat
    You make me feel so free
    You make my heart beat
    To the disco beat

Cute engagement to his women:

Playing live show at Flosom Prison:

If we do not change our negative habits toward climate change, we can count on worldwide disruptions in food production, resulting in mass migration, refugee crises and increased conflict over scarce natural resources like water and farm land. This is a recipe for major security problems.
    No life's worth more than any other, no sister worth less than any brother.

I'm not an idealist. I know we're not going to be living in a world that's peace and love all the time. But we can live in a world where we kill each other a lot less.

During my travels in Iraq, Israel, Gaza, Brazil, Indonesia, Japan, Europe and all over the United States, I have seen and heard the voices of people who want change. They want the stabilization of the economy, education and healthcare for all, renewable energy and an environmental vision with an eye on generations to come.

People worry that gas prices are high and how they are affecting their pocket book. But they want to know about renewable energy. People are really starting to question things, and that's made people look to the future in a positive way.

Every single soul is a poem

The corporate media is there to push the agenda of the sponsors, and many of those sponsors are weapons manufacturers. So it stands to reason that you won't get a diversity of opinions on television.

I think my soul is intact, but my methods of reaching people are completely different.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to just stay human

Through music I either tame my demons or unleash them and allow them to be what they are. I don't want the music to be about provocation, I want the music to bring you to a place where you feel at home.

We have a saying in my house, my kids and my girlfriend. We say, 'Be your best for the greater good, and rock out wherever you are.'

I've always found that the poorer the places that I go, the more smiles I see, and the more happiness I see.

After a show, I'll get the 16-year-old white kid whose lip is pierced, his head is shaved and his parents hate him, and the young gangster from the screwed-up 'hood, and they say that now they realize there's someone out there who thinks like they do.

I always identified with that feeling of being an underdog. So I always was looking to connect with and meet people from other cultures, to experience people living a different life that I am.

It doesn't matter if you're black, white, gay, straight, come from different countries, different language... every single person is significant and is meaningful.

I took a trip in 2004, a year after the war started in Iraq. I played music on the streets of Baghdad for Iraqi civilians. I'd also play for U.S. soldiers at night when they were off duty in the bars. Then I would talk to people, and I would film them and ask them about their life and the conflict.

'Star Wars' is mythology. It's like Greek mythology or Shakespeare. It's the story of good versus evil over a very long span of time. The storytelling is universal and timeless.

Everybody's opinion is equally valid, and I feel like everybody should have an opportunity to speak out, and everyone should have the courage to speak out.

I went to the University of San Francisco on an athletic scholarship. I didn't study in high school. I was just there to get by and to play basketball. But a funny thing happened to me when I got to college. I got challenged by the work and the professors.

My favorite band of all time is The Clash. The thing I love about The Clash is they started out as guys who could barely play three chords. They dabbled in reggae, punk, rap, jazz. They came to a sound that could only be defined as The Clash. It was impossible to say what it was. I admire them for that.

Many kids in foster homes have a lot of emotions that are hard to get out. It's important to let them know they can make a difference in the community.

My greatest sense of accomplishment has come from having two amazing sons, but it's also a paradox in that the times when I felt like the biggest failure have been times when I felt like, as a parent, I wasn't making the right decisions or succeeding in the way that I should.

My parents said sticks and stones will break your bones but names will never hurt you. But I always felt a sense of exhilaration after a fight; it was the names that really hurt me.

My music is part of the quest I have to find new ways of telling stories, and also, I want to inspire people.

To sit back and say, 'Oh, we're going to let the government do whatever they want, right or wrong,' is giving up.

I have a desire that I want to make people feel happy through my music. I'm always trying to find optimistic ways to express myself.

I hope I inspire people to dream bigger than what they are living, but a dream within their reach.

My mother, she made sure all of us were treated the same and had the same opportunity to grow and develop, so that when we left the house, we could fly on our own. And she also knew when we got out into the world, we'd treat others that we came across with that same treatment and respect.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEI 3w4 sp/sx

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    SEI 3w4 sp/sx
    Oh yeah one rule in this thread:

No 4 word sentences. Thats like going into the forest on a research trip and saying: "those there those are trees that have leaves".

Or "bring me the tool, you know the one made out of metal?"

Its just laaazy.

Good guess though.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

updated: ESI so/sp 6w7

many static constructions in what he is saying, one example out of the lot: "Star Wars' is mythology. It's like Greek mythology or Shakespeare. It's the story of good versus evil over a very long span of time. The storytelling is universal and timeless." - so there's some evidence in support of static typing for him

he also seems to be quite aware of the social-political aspects of living and the "greater good", which would imply a valued social instinct - my guess would be social-first (so/sp) rather than so-second because he has a tendency to put himself smack in the middle of it all - reminds me of Manu Chao in a way who's likely so/sx

at vaguest 'static' type in socionics + one of soc stackings
    Last edited by silke; 10-17-2018 at 02:52 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's not unlike social lasters to want to subvert the more wooden so/sp-ish political landscape through their more personal, soulful, independent, anti-political perspective....which is what Franti is attempting to do.

Franti is an advocate for peace in the middle east, and sean penn (social last) is an advocate for medical advances in haiti. so wasn't angelina jolie (social last) and princess diana (social last) aware of the political dynamics involved in the third world and they, like U2's bono (sx/so), had an interest in the greater good....so do many people that aren't so/sp. anybody with a shred of humanism is capable of having some interest in the greater good....especially the 3-6-9 humanity triaders. simple, cardboard distinctions between having an interest in the greater good or not doesn't capture the differences between stackings. Adolph ****** wasn't a social first because he had an interest in politics.

he's not provocative and temperamental enough for a 6w7. he doesn't look energetically splayed out. he's just responding to issues, but not reacting to them in a way that comes across as viscerally charged. he's smooth like a 3 and looks to be calibrating his energy to that of the interviewers (which is a 3ish kinesthetic). so/sp 6w7 is one of the more reactively aggressive 6w7s and highly partisan (ex. sean hannity)....they have a more emotional kinesthetic (i.e. elisabeth hasselbeck) and tend to be debaters...in contrast type 3 is out of touch with their feeling center, so they don't emit the "emotional bandwidth" that 6w7s do. Franti's interviews/bio doesn't point to his having an aggressive side and his kinesthetic lacks the quality of a worry wart....even though he's engaged in the dialogue he's got a smoothness/flatness about him that's not taking things personal, and isn't an erratic hothead.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-SEI... E3 or E9, possibly so/sx. pics made the difference between LSI and SEI ambiguous, as there was a certain harnessed aggression and implicit seriousness in some that didn't exactly resonate with democratic Fe, but upon seeing more it became apparent that those expressions were not only scarcer than others but also emotionally composed, and one could better see the kind of laissez-faire attitude behind them. the interview kind of consolidated this vibe -- he's very amiable but self-contained, seemingly amenable to people and their differences but firm in his own position, and willing to relaxedly unfold with experience. what struck me most was how amorphous yet somewhat solid his energy was... one could decently locate the emotionality, but it was as if his actual, internal position kept changing and meshing with the interaction, something indicative of IP... but the continuity wasn't of the removed, ethereal nature that you get in Ni-IPs, there was a steady, homeostatic undercurrent to it that grounded him more firmly. also, the calm, exploratory way he went about expressing his ideas reminded me of bob marley, who I also think is SEI. you tend to get this more with democrats in general, but it's a little more accessible (from my pov) in alphas.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    many static constructions in what he is saying, one example out of the lot: "Star Wars' is mythology. It's like Greek mythology or Shakespeare. It's the story of good versus evil over a very long span of time. The storytelling is universal and timeless." - so there's some evidence in support of static typing for him

he also seems to be quite aware of the social-political aspects of living and the "greater good", which would imply a valued social instinct - my guess would be social-first (so/sp) rather than so-second because he has a tendency to put himself smack in the middle of it all - reminds me of Manu Chao in a way who's likely so/sx

at vaguest 'static' type in socionics + one of soc stackings
    if I had to narrow it down further I'd go with Ixxj so/sp 6w7
    So, possibly ISTj, ISFj, INTj, INFj? Out of those four, which seems most likely do you think?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Si-SEI... E3 or E9, possibly so/sx. pics made the difference between LSI and SEI ambiguous, as there was a certain harnessed aggression and implicit seriousness in some that didn't exactly resonate with democratic Fe, but upon seeing more it became apparent that those expressions were not only scarcer than others but also emotionally composed, and one could better see the kind of laissez-faire attitude behind them. the interview kind of consolidated this vibe -- he's very amiable but self-contained, seemingly amenable to people and their differences but firm in his own position, and willing to relaxedly unfold with experience. what struck me most was how amorphous yet somewhat solid his energy was... one could decently locate the emotionality, but it was as if his actual, internal position kept changing and meshing with the interaction, something indicative of IP... but the continuity wasn't of the removed, ethereal nature that you get in Ni-IPs, there was a steady, homeostatic undercurrent to it that grounded him more firmly. also, the calm, exploratory way he went about expressing his ideas reminded me of bob marley, who I also think is SEI. you tend to get this more with democrats in general, but it's a little more accessible (from my pov) in alphas.

Good points, nice read. I wonder, why are democratic in alphas more accessible using your words, then those people classified as gammas?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not unlike social lasters to want to subvert the more wooden so/sp-ish political landscape through their more personal, soulful, independent, anti-political perspective....which is what Franti is attempting to do.

Franti is an advocate for peace in the middle east, and sean penn (social last) is an advocate for medical advances in haiti. so wasn't angelina jolie (social last) and princess diana (social last) aware of the political dynamics involved in the third world and they, like U2's bono (sx/so), had an interest in the greater good....so do many people that aren't so/sp. anybody with a shred of humanism is capable of having some interest in the greater good....especially the 3-6-9 humanity triaders. simple, cardboard distinctions between having an interest in the greater good or not doesn't capture the differences between stackings. Adolph ****** wasn't a social first because he had an interest in politics.

he's not provocative and temperamental enough for a 6w7. he doesn't look energetically splayed out. he's just responding to issues, but not reacting to them in a way that comes across as viscerally charged. he's smooth like a 3 and looks to be calibrating his energy to that of the interviewers (which is a 3ish kinesthetic). so/sp 6w7 is one of the more reactively aggressive 6w7s and highly partisan (ex. sean hannity)....they have a more emotional kinesthetic (i.e. elisabeth hasselbeck) and tend to be debaters...in contrast type 3 is out of touch with their feeling center, so they don't emit the "emotional bandwidth" that 6w7s do. Franti's interviews/bio doesn't point to his having an aggressive side and his kinesthetic lacks the quality of a worry wart....even though he's engaged in the dialogue he's got a smoothness/flatness about him that's not taking things personal, and isn't an erratic hothead.
    I see, those are some interesting observations I would have never thought along these lines. Thanks for the good answer. I was wondering though how he might be described in socionic terms, beyond his motivational/energy spectrum that you spoke about?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI 3w4 sp/sx
    Why do you think SEI, k4m?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Good points, nice read. I wonder, why are democratic in alphas more accessible using your words, then those people classified as gammas?
    gammas can actually be pretty accessible, once you get past the external barriers. but alphas overall have this kind of implicit, emotional receptivity that doesn't often distinguish in terms of good and bad with people; in this sense, their democracy is virtual. with gammas, peoples' differences are taken as distant beacons of their inner core, and once this relation has been established, it's hard to undo; alphas conversely see the different qualities and behaviors people manifest in a sense of infinite recursion, and actively encourage their individuated expression.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    gammas can actually be pretty accessible, once you get past the external barriers. but alphas overall have this kind of implicit, emotional receptivity that doesn't often distinguish in terms of good and bad with people; in this sense, their democracy is virtual. with gammas, peoples' differences are taken as distant beacons of their inner core, and once this relation has been established, it's hard to undo; alphas conversely see the different qualities and behaviors people manifest in a sense of infinite recursion, and actively encourage their individuated expression.
    what do you mean by beacons of their inner core?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just that they inherently perceive people in terms of essences, which their behaviors and expressions are seen to more or less revolve around. alphas are more about the differentiations.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

maybe ESFJ