Thread: Observations of LSI/ISTj creative extraverted sensing Se function

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Observations of LSI/ISTj creative extraverted sensing Se function

Hi, a observation I have on ISTj's Se is their reading ability of people's move which is concrete and tangible and can associate it with their intention. They seem to read me very well, each physical moves that I've made, they have read it successfully and what my true intention was. Maybe because I'm their dual or other Se' ego would also likely to be able to read their dual partner just as easily.

Any ISTj wants to comment on this, or someone who has noticed this ability in ISTj should share it.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question.

Do EIEs fear this ability?

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    Hi, a observation I have on ISTj's Se is their reading ability of people's move which is concrete and tangible and can associate it with their intention. They seem to read me very well, each physical moves that I've made, they have read it successfully and what my true intention was. Maybe because I'm their dual or other Se' ego would also likely to be able to read their dual partner just as easily.

Any ISTj wants to comment on this, or someone who has noticed this ability in ISTj should share it.
    its a dual thing, Se has very little to do with it
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heinel View Post
    I have a question.

Do EIEs fear this ability?
    I have never thought of that. Acutally I both admired it and also is afraid of it. It good if someone can read my true intention with just my physical movement, what I want, need and desire without me saying a single word; makes my life easier. At the same time EIE is suppose to be good in acting and lying, I agree, if I really do need to hide something, which everyone does in their life, I think I can fool ISTj a little bit in that regard.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never thought of that. Acutally I both admired it and also is afraid of it. It good if someone can read my true intention with just my physical movement, what I want, need and desire without me saying a single word; makes my life easier. At the same time EIE is suppose to be good in acting and lying, I agree, if I really do need to hide something, which everyone does in their life, I think I can fool ISTj a little bit in that regard.
    Hmm. So if we expose you will you be offended?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    its a dual thing, Se has very little to do with it
    I didn't really want to make this thread because duals should understand each other well, which is true. But more of that extrovert sensing awareness and their ability to read people's physical motive into what they want, that is . Talking to most ISTj's I see that they analyst in depth of someone's personality based on how they present themselves on the table. Using their Ni, they can relate that into a global concept of the unconscious awareness introvert intuition processes. basically it's like how your minds think and feel will definity display and transfer it outward physically. if you are tired mentally and it will show outwardly, is what they can read upon well.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. So if we expose you will you be offended?
    Hmm interesting, I imagine that from the other side of the coin, IF WE EXPOSED your dirty secrets I would say I am sure you be more offended that us!

a side note, ISTj are probably one of the most secretive, private and reserved about expressing their feelings than other types there are. Depending generally what trust means, there is another side of hidden secret about ISTj that even their dual will never noticed. on other practical matters they are the one to count on...

1)

2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm interesting, I imagine that from the other side of the coin, IF WE EXPOSED your dirty secrets I would say I am sure you be more offended that us!

a side note, ISTj are probably one of the most secretive, private and reserved about expressing their feelings than other types there are. Depending generally what trust means, there is another side of hidden secret about ISTj that even their dual will never noticed. on other practical matters they are the one to count on...
    Okay, so if I expose both sides at the same time you'd agree it's a fair game, then?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so if I expose both sides at the same time you'd agree it's a fair game, then?
    Yea If both types are has dirty little secret, it's only fair, maybe that is why they are my dual.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, thanks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, thanks.
    Ha, you're a funny guy.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, you're a funny guy.
    Yeah, I had planned to do this to someone. But since you mentioned it I thought I'd get an opinion on what sort of reaction to expect.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't really want to make this thread because duals should understand each other well, which is true. But more of that extrovert sensing awareness and their ability to read people's physical motive into what they want, that is . Talking to most ISTj's I see that they analyst in depth of someone's personality based on how they present themselves on the table. Using their Ni, they can relate that into a global concept of the unconscious awareness introvert intuition processes. basically it's like how your minds think and feel will definity display and transfer it outward physically. if you are tired mentally and it will show outwardly, is what they can read upon well.
    I think you're idealizing. Their Ni isn't that great overall.

I haven't experienced istj's to be a great judge of person, or character. If a persons tired, alot more is going to show as there's less control, so reading them isn't any kind of achievement.

Maybe they can read pieces of a person, but as far as getting the complete picture, I wouldn't say that's accurate.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    I think you're idealizing.
    I think you are being presumptuous.

Their Ni isn't that great overall.

If a persons tired, alot more is going to show as there's less control, so reading them isn't any kind of achievement.
    I think any type can tell if you're physically tired or not, I was jsut using a simple example.

Maybe they can read pieces of a person, but as far as getting the complete picture, I wouldn't say that's accurate.
    well this I agree in a way, but I really want to understand the aspect of reading people's movement.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well this I agree in a way, but I really want to understand the aspect of reading people's movement.
    I'm not sure if there's much to understand about Se besides that it is only a part of it. Se is observant, so we naturally collect data about people around us.

The way we tell motives, I believe is mostly a Ti process. We deduce a person's internal state from our repertoire of observational data which we accumulated with Se over time. It is not perfect, as at best it is still not 100% deductable, and it completely fails if the person is not showing any consistency in behavior, but usually it's not too far off.
    Last edited by Heinel; 12-11-2009 at 02:30 AM.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIEs scare me more than any other type

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huitzilopochtli View Post
    EIEs scare me more than any other type
    We are not as tough as you think, but just every so often we pull some dubious shit, make us seem unpredictable.

There are different kind of LSI as well. Some really scares me, I barely can feel comfortable with, and then there are some whose really cool, fun and sweet if they are a girl.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if there's much to understand about Se besides that it is only a part of it. Se is observant, so we naturally collect data about people around us.

The way we tell motives, I believe is mostly a Ti process. We deduce a person's internal state from our repertoire of observational data which we accumulated with Se over time. It is not perfect, as at best it is still not 100% deductable, and it completely fails if the person is not showing any consistency in behavior, but usually it's not too far off.
    Yea, LSIs' se makes my eye Shine, just as much as my Ni makes them shine.

1)

2)

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are not as tough as you think, but just every so often we pull some dubious shit, make us seem unpredictable.

There are different kind of LSI as well. Some really scares me, I barely can feel comfortable with, and then there are some whose really cool, fun and sweet if they are a girl.
    same with EIEs...some are very understanding, and others just always want to start shit...maybe it is a subtype affinity...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

others just always want to start shit...maybe it is a subtype affinity...
    haha nah it can't be the subtype, it's just the character itself.

but thinking about it, I don't think I can work out well with a E-8 as I can with a E-1. E-8 focuses too much in power and control, I am a aggressive type as well, (E-3), that means that I might have to watch my back with another aggressive type.

1)

2)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same with EIEs...some are very understanding, and others just always want to start shit...maybe it is a subtype affinity...
    I tend to get along with the Ti subtype LSIs better... Se subtype LSIs and I tend to talk over each other sometimes... The conversations can be a little edgy too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha nah it can't be the subtype, it's just the character itself.

but thinking about it, I don't think I can work out well with a E-8 as I can with a E-1. E-8 focuses too much in power and control, I am a aggressive type as well, (E-3), that means that I might have to watch my back with another aggressive type.
    Another question.

Would an obsessed perfectionist 1 be seen as too difficult to attain for a 3?

It seems like 1 is stress point for 3...

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not perfect, as at best it is still not 100% deductable, and it completely fails if the person is not showing any consistency in behavior, but usually it's not too far off.
    Ne polr? I guess this is where the Ni can really come in and help!

Also, I think I get along better with ESTp-Ti's, so yeah, subtype affinity = bueno. I hadn't thought about Enneagram compatibility. People say that 4s and 8s are really the same, so perhaps I'd do good with an 8w7 (I've got 7 in my tritype, you see).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Ne polr? I guess this is where the Ni can really come in and help!

Also, I think I get along better with ESTp-Ti's, so yeah, subtype affinity = bueno. I hadn't thought about Enneagram compatibility. People say that 4s and 8s are really the same, so perhaps I'd do good with an 8w7 (I've got 7 in my tritype, you see).
    Yea, I think Ni can fill in the gaps that Se cannot.

The thing I was thinking about was that since 3s have 1 as their stress point, when they come close to someone that is a 1, it really could stir things up. I'm thinking it's probably going to be intimidating.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I think Ni can fill in the gaps that Se cannot.
    The Art of War is a good example of this. Sun Tzu, who I am fairly certain was LSI (if he really existed, lol), basically composed a handbook of Ni life lessons for Se types to avoid making reckless decisions.

EDIT: You could also possibly look at it from the opposite angle, as Se giving advice to Ni on the efficacy of a particular strategy.
    Last edited by discojoe; 12-12-2009 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    The Art of War is a good example of this. Sun Tzu, who I am fairly certain was LSI (if he really existed, lol), basically composed a handbook of Ni life lessons for Se types to avoid making reckless decisions.

EDIT: You could also possibly look at it from the opposite angle, as Se giving advice to Ni on the efficacy of a particular strategy.
    You find it helpful?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another question.

Would an obsessed perfectionist 1 be seen as too difficult to attain for a 3?

It seems like 1 is stress point for 3...
    I know where you are coming from in this. It's like sometimes 3's want to embody perfectionism. and that it would cause the 3 stress if they tired to match 1's perfectionism. EIE's are like 90% Enneagram 3, and I think most EIE's tries to do everything prefectly. Both 1 and 3 are the most serious types out of all 9 enneagram type.
    Some female EIE's have told me that they can never date someone whose very scatter, inappropriate, and needs someone who is SERIOUS. It gives them stability and focus at the same time. To be honest I think Enneagram 1 's seriousness makes life a lot easier for the threes than it is the other way around. Enneagram 3's doesn't match the perfecialistic streak of 1's. it's probably like that if you pair E-3 with types like Enneagram 7. I see more unhealthy obsession in three's to match other types ability like if they are pair with 2's, 7's, and 8's, they are likely to compete with them. It is exactly oppose to 1, they really want to do what is virtue, so it alleviates the 3's to compete with them as much. since 1's is not at all imagine conscious, and 2's, 7's, 8's has this attractive social quality to them that makes a three wants to be seen like that, it can caused a lot of unhealthy jealousy which leads to adapting an image. when a EIE introspect their true self, developing inside out, rather than outside in, it really change a big complexity in their personality. and a 1 can help a three to develop themselves inside out first, rather than just adapting to an imagine which is seen to be very successful. When you read EIE's subtype description, they states that this type has the most potential to varies and look differently even if they are the same type. who EIEs really are is really how they think.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know where you are coming from in this. It's like sometimes 3's want to embody perfectionism. and that it would cause the 3 stress if they tired to match 1's perfectionism. EIE's are like 90% Enneagram 3, and I think most EIE's tries to do everything prefectly. Both 1 and 3 are the most serious types out of all 9 enneagram type.
    Some female EIE's have told me that they can never date someone whose very scatter, inappropriate, and needs someone who is SERIOUS. It gives them stability and focus at the same time. To be honest I think Enneagram 1 's seriousness makes life a lot easier for the threes than it is the other way around. Enneagram 3's doesn't match the perfecialistic streak of 1's. it's probably like that if you pair E-3 with types like Enneagram 7. I see more unhealthy obsession in three's to match other types ability like if they are pair with 2's, 7's, and 8's, they are likely to compete with them. It is exactly oppose to 1, they really want to do what is virtue, so it alleviates the 3's to compete with them as much. since 1's is not at all imagine conscious, and 2's, 7's, 8's has this attractive social quality to them that makes a three wants to be seen like that, it can caused a lot of unhealthy jealousy which leads to adapting an image. when a EIE introspect their true self, developing inside out, rather than outside in, it really change a big complexity in their personality. and a 1 can help a three to develop themselves inside out first, rather than just adapting to an imagine which is seen to be very successful. When you read EIE's subtype description, they states that this type has the most potential to varies and look differently even if they are the same type. who EIEs really are is really how they think.
    Bolded part - yes!!! I totally see that in him. In your opinion, what is the best way to approach the issue?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bolded part - yes!!! I totally see that in him. In your opinion, what is the best way to approach the issue?
    it's hard and you should abandon all hope, whoever enters his life.
    Last edited by 07490; 12-12-2009 at 08:47 AM.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's hard and abandon all hope, whoever enters his life.
    Lol, that's not very encouraging.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously maybe if you can convince him to read some of the enneagram 3 literature? there are a lot of self help enneagram spiritual sites, which is really there to help the type, not like socionics that just tell you like it is. At least that is the most concrete approach I think of.

Type 3 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

This is a good site, make sure you check out the type's description by clicking on the left side of the site by different authors.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously maybe if you can convince him to read some of the enneagram 3 literature? there are a lot of self help enneagram spiritual sites, which is really there to help the type, not like socionics that just tell you like it is. At least that is the most concrete approach I think of.

Type 3 Enneagram Type Description |9types.com

This is a good site, make sure you check out the type's description by clicking on the left side of the site by different authors.
    Thanks for the link.

I was actually more worried that bringing the topic up would offend him, since I am actually the target of jealousy... What if he took it the wrong way and think I'm being condescending or something?

Maybe I should just leave it for now... or play along with him and create opportunities for him to shine? Or would you prefer direct confrontation?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the link.

I was actually more worried that bringing the topic up would offend him, since I am actually the target of jealousy... What if he took it the wrong way and think I'm being condescending or something?

Maybe I should just leave it for now... or play along with him and create opportunities for him to shine? Or would you prefer direct confrontation?
    well he can take it the wrong way, I might too if it was staged incorrectly. those description as well as oceanmoonshine description, Threes - the enneagram ...info from the underground usually isn't very offensive.

Maybe you should time it well, I know next to nothing about your situation so it all depends, you can Pm me if you want. I don't know if direct confrontation would be good unless you're skilled at persuasion, EIE's are generally open to these self help things.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well he can take it the wrong way, I might too if it was staged incorrectly. those description as well as oceanmoonshine description, Threes - the enneagram ...info from the underground usually isn't very offensive.

Maybe you should time it well, I know next to nothing about your situation so it all depends, you can Pm me if you want. I don't know if direct confrontation would be good unless you're skilled at persuasion, EIE's are generally open to these self help things.
    Okay, cool. I think I am more confident now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI's are good at spinning people around in their swivel chairs and flushing them. LOL

seriously. creative use of force....i've seen it time and time again.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You find it helpful?
    Yes, but it requires a bit of mental flexing to see how it applies to everyday stuff. It's more the kind of thing that gradually "sinks in" over time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    LSI's are good at spinning people around in their swivel chairs and flushing them. LOL

seriously. creative use of force....i've seen it time and time again.
    Well, I found this:

The Enneagram Blogspot: New! - Profiling - The picture of the unhealthy SX 3w2 "The Star"

And it looks like it'll be an exciting ride

We'll see.