Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm so tired of people mistyping LIEs...

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah if there's anything that really characterizes my stance towards Adam its passive aggressive

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But seriously, it sucks that all female LIE characters are deranged or at the very least severely damaged:

Annelise Keating- How to Get Away With Murder
    Hatsumomo- Memoirs of A Geisha
    Patty Hughes -Damages
    Miranda Priesley- The Devil Wears Prada
    Regina George- Mean Girls
    Mary Crowley- Downtown Abbey
    Ursula- The Little Mermaid
    Helga- Thor:Ragnarok

Well at least there's Princess Bubblegum & Leia

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Playing With Fire View Post
    @Syrup

Oh yeah Zico can't be LIE because LIEs are not like that!!! They are all CEOs or bankers, how could I forget that? Ego, seriously? At this point you're not Bertrand's Semi Dual, you are his Identical

A really big mouth for someone who can't even settle her own type.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    A really big mouth for someone who can't even settle her own type.
    You haven't been keeping up darling, I have settled. Just didn't put it on my profile yet because I'm doing a series of Wiki composites ratings on my typing thread.

Also, you may wanna try and come up with better arguments and comebacks... is lacking, you know. You also might wanna punch harder and hit where it hurts, just a tip

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You haven't been keeping up darling, I have settled. Just didn't put it on my profile yet because I'm doing a series of Wiki composites ratings on my typing thread.

Also, you may wanna try and come up with better arguments and comebacks... is lacking, you know. You also might wanna punch harder and hit where it hurts, just a tip
    Yeah, I suppose you'd love that but I don't waste any effort in ppl with poor logic, sorry.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just want to thank all the betas for showing up and making this thread great

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    Yeah, I suppose you'd love that but I don't spend any effort in ppl with poor logic, sorry.
    Sure, Jan.

Oh and it'd take effort? I see. "I totally could hit that guy, I just don't want to"

For a type that is supposed "dry and boring when it comes to emotions", LIE continues to not disappoint in stimulating personal conflicts whenever the type is discussed. Very interesting

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Deltas, you have my thanks too

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    That Lopez guy seemed good but I wanted to find a video that wasn't all about finance and dream chasing and stuff so as to break the monotony of that...

I agree that a video without him talking on money matters etc is needed to settle his type.
    At first glance he does come across as a member of the ENTj and ISFj duality pair.
    Hopefully this video gives more away...will go and view now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    if I listed all the people I don't like can I get your comments?
    Bertrand who is so nice in his videos is so naughty on the forum :-)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Lopez guy seemed good but I wanted to find a video that wasn't all about finance and dream chasing and stuff so as to break the monotony of that...
    Watched most of this one you posted, and yeah, that's Te. Good call @Fvaelynn.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'll try to add to what we can use to type Tai Lopez: Here's an unplanned video of Tai Lopez... assuming that he planned his other videos anyways. This is just a casual interview of him.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

umm... so ignoring in certain LIEs brings them down when displayed strongly on the spot?
    Maybe I have seen that.

But yeah makes me think of my ignoring. lol why to that route or something. Let's confirm it from external source
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it makes more sense to me that FDG wouldn't make an effort to rationalize his type to people bcuz he's been around forever and doesn't have the same kind of deep investment as adam ie. using it to entirely guide his life and he doesn't attempt as much intellectual authority.
    lol, I don't know anything about that.
    Lol, @lump. I do use my typing to guide my life somewhat, including the idea that I should be looking for ESI's, but the jury is still out on that, to be frank. But I also use it to better understand my life, since I do a lot of things that my parents would not approve of, and most of the people I know would not agree with my approach to life.

When 97% of what you do every day is considered to be weird, risky, foolish, incomprehensible and "out there" by most of the population, a wise person should ask themselves, "Am I doing this because I stand a good chance of succeeding based on my particular combination of inherited talent, hard work, determination, and the projection of confidence, or am I just being stupid?"

There are two ways that I've approached life.

The first is to try everything and see what happens. I had fourteen jobs before I started a company, and got fired twice, once before lunch. This approach can be fun, but it can also run your life out before you accidentally hit on something you are good at and also like to do. Something that makes you want to get out of bed to go do, at least on most days.

The second is to find a mentor or read a book by a person whose experience or voice can teach you something about yourself right now, and thereby get an idea of what you would most likely like and dislike before you stumble through something unrelentingly unpleasant for years on end.

I prefer the second approach now, and it incorporates Socionics.

If I seem pendantic, it is partly from not being thirty years old anymore. When I was thirty, I knew I had time to do anything I wanted. Now, I know that I don't.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Lol, @lump. I do use my typing to guide my life somewhat, including the idea that I should be looking for ESI's, but the jury is still out on that, to be frank. But I also use it to better understand my life, since I do a lot of things that my parents would not approve of, and most of the people I know would not agree with my approach to life.

When 97% of what you do every day is considered to be weird, risky, foolish, incomprehensible and "out there" by most of the population, a wise person should ask themselves, "Am I doing this because I stand a good chance of succeeding based on my particular combination of inherited talent, hard work, determination, and the projection of confidence, or am I just being stupid?"

There are two ways that I've approached life.

The first is to try everything and see what happens. I had fourteen jobs before I started a company, and got fired twice, once before lunch. This approach can be fun, but it can also run your life out before you accidentally hit on something you are good at and also like to do. Something that makes you want to get out of bed to go do, at least on most days.

The second is to find a mentor or read a book by a person whose experience or voice can teach you something about yourself right now, and thereby get an idea of what you would most likely like and dislike before you stumble through something unrelentingly unpleasant for years on end.

I prefer the second approach now, and it incorporates Socionics.

If I seem pendantic, it is partly from not being thirty years old anymore. When I was thirty, I knew I had time to do anything I wanted. Now, I know that I don't.
    Im sure you'd agree that my approval of your life choices couldn't be any less important. I think its weird but I wasn't trying to point out that you're weird, I was trying to point out that given how you've revolved your life around being LIE I would think you'd have a substantial reason for considering yourself LIE, and if a lot of thought went into it and you just can't or don't want to explain it, that would be inconsistent with Te leading in my view. It's disconcerting when, even with this lack of substance, you push others heavily to end their relationships or their careers. Without reasoning you might as well be telling people what to do because God said so because given that it requires faith in Adams interpretation of socionics, that's what it amounts to. I object to the "illogical but bossy" descriptions because I don't respond well to that at all, and if everyone agrees with them then there must be a misunderstanding about the type that best fits me, which is also fine.
    Last edited by ashlesha; 11-15-2017 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

who are your mentors Adam

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rarely have I seen grown men and women behave in the petty, mean-spirited way that people have in this thread, and it is now becoming a regular occurrence around the forum. I can't single out any one person, either, because many of you have lashed out at, shamed and belittled someone else over the most irrelevant, trivial and dumb shit. Stay focused and stop overreacting to comments that are not even directed at you personally.

To return to the topic at hand: Soicionics is a highly subjective and largely untested personality system, and however interesting, its predictive value remains limited. Therefore, we can only speculate about the abundance or scarcity of LIE or any other Sociotype, and should resist the urge to purge members whose typing we may feel inclined to question. If we want answers, then we need to conduct studies. Until that point, the cult-like tendencies that our community is suffering from will remain a problem.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the whole reason anyone is here in the first place is that type has meaning, so people are purged either way, depending on how you act. there's a reason there's very few/no gammas, so you can pretend that "be nice" covers it all and includes everyone but its just a sideways way to push people out, by bluring the lines and then making anyone out who values the very distinctions that define the system as "petty, and mean-spirited." my point is I'd rather push back, if you don't like that, believe me the feeling is mutual but you don't have the moral high ground you seem to think you do. its all predicated on stupidity

besides no ones being pushed out. all that's really happening is the free exchange of information. maybe that's what people don't like because it clearly favors certain conclusions and its easier just to write it all off as rudeness than try and keep up

anyway all that fake magnanimity will go out the window the second you have to choose, because its obvious what side you come down on

if you view this place as a hang out until "more studies are done", you're going to be waiting forever, but that's not how I view this place. I think there's real insight here that is more than personal opinion and I'm interested in discussing it with like minded people. all the nut huggers who don't even understand or care about that are just huddling around an event and a topic they don't even comprehend, so I don't see why they should make proclamations as to how things ought to be run. they're parasitic on the virtue to this place and would drain it dry and then they'll move onto the next thing, totally unaware

you purge gammas out the backdoor as soon as you turn this place into such a worthless time wasting empty chatterbox, which is precisely what happened and Adam is just the dopey gatekeeper that got installed to keep the farce going and spirits up

anyway, if you think this is for your benefit its not, its for anyone who's thinking about participating. there is actual value here, despite how the sex beast makes things out with his empty cliches and moralizing
    Last edited by Bertrand; 11-15-2017 at 01:13 AM.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the whole reason anyone is here in the first place is that type has meaning, so people are purged either way, depending on how you act.
    For whatever reason, it has recently become impossible to maintain an atmosphere where people are enthusiastic and jovial. Shit has got personal and negative very fast.

there's a reason there's very few/no gammas, so you can pretend that "be nice" covers it all and includes everyone but its just a sideways way to push people out, by bluring the lines and then making anyone out who values the very distinctions that define the system as "petty, and mean-spirited."
    Well, the problem is that within any given type, people are still going to present in different ways. This is why you need to take Socionics more as a theory than a law, and allow for some flexibility as new information comes to light. Arbitrary lines must be drawn (i.e. you develop the IE in a fixed order) to allow the theory coherence but depending on your personality, individually, you may use or express them in different situations.

My aversion to excessive Ti/Fi use is hardly a secret. A wise man can (and should) evolve as he discovers more in the world and his understanding is enhanced.

my point is I'd rather push back, if you don't like that, believe me the feeling is mutual but you don't have the moral high ground you seem to think you do. its all predicated on stupidity
    What are you even pushing back upon? Nobody is out to get you personally. My point is that if you want to challenge someone else, either present a coherent argument like you are doing now, or express some humor to emphasize your good intentions. Otherwise, they'll assume that you are trying to undermine and shame them.

besides no ones being pushed out. all that's really happening is the free exchange of information. maybe that's what people don't like because it clearly favors certain conclusions and its easier just to write it all off as rudeness than try and keep up
    Free exchange of information is fine.

Just be aware that your feedback or advice is not always going to be welcomed by another person.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    For whatever reason, it has recently become impossible to maintain an atmosphere where people are enthusiastic and jovial. Shit gets personal and ugly fast.

if you pay attention the answer is in the thread title

put the blame where it belongs, idiot

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love how people suffer from selective amnesia and seemly forget their own actions, even if they are as recent as one day old. The "fuck off, you know nothing about my life!", "who are you to know anything about my career?" then suddenly becomes the epitome of politeness, pacifism & maturity, not to mention relativism.

How unsatisfied must someone's ego be to have to resort to such role play and self-deception?

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I love how people suffer from selective amnesia and seemly forget their own actions, even if they are as recent as one day old. The "fuck off, you know nothing about my life!", "who are you to know anything about my career?" then suddenly becomes the epitome of politeness, pacifism & maturity, not to mention relativism.
    Maybe I said something different yesterday, but I sincerely meant it then, much as I sincerely mean every word of what I am saying to you right now. My emotional state has merely evolved.

How unsatisfied must someone's ego be to have to resort to such role play and self-deception?
    Funny, I was just thinking something similar. Didn't you accept a friend request from me only a few weeks ago?

My loyalty is not so easily bought and sold as yours.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Maybe I said something different yesterday, but I sincerely meant it then, much as I sincerely mean every word of what I am saying to you right now. My emotional state has merely evolved.
    this is the most E S E thing I've seen in a while

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at old threads and forum history, there was another "fake gamma" purge years ago where a bunch of people were all accusing each other of being fake gammas and demanding that people give evidence of type. For whatever reason, history repeats itself here.

--
    Anyway, I do agree with @lump that if you're going to set yourself up as some sort of expert advice giver on types, you should have something to back that up besides "Trust me, I know."

But, I also do think that @Adam Strange is Te, and part of the annoying things he does (the condescending teachery stuff) come from a combination of being Te-lead and his enneagram type. Not all or even most LIEs will come across this way. The behavior isn't the type. But some will come across that way, and they're just as Te as the others. I know a Te-lead quite like Adam, and several who are not at all like him, but they all still are Te lead. You have to ask, what is Te and what does Te thinking look like? And it won't look like a bunch of clones, people are still individuals, but you'll see a kind of thinking they share. A kind of how? sort of thinking, cost/benefit etc. (Rough, not very precise description, hopefully gets point across bc I don't want to mess with details right now)

That also means though that the whole thing he does with "LIEs do this" "ESIs do this" is also completely wrong and narrow-minded, because clearly not all LIEs are his clone, and not all ESIs are clones either. And obviously the businessman with his trophy wife scenario is one that will not apply to the vast number of gammas out there and is a stupid stereotype. Some gammas will still fit it (and some people who are not gammas will also) because it doesn't explain anything about how they are thinking. Personal values are not type. Behavior isn't either, and only gives clues to the type - you have to know the reasons - the why and the how of their thinking, not just what shows up in a superficial way.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my theory is 80% of the socionics community is alpha but there's this weird urge to delude itself into the idea that there's an even split. this warps the perception of type in general to where you have people bringing enneagram in and other kinds of tortured reasoning in order to fit that urge. notice this is a real Te form of thinking, it is not interested in sparing feelings or mood so it feels no need to reach into enneagram to dilute socionics, socionics stands or fails on its own. the second you bring enneagram into it it is indicative of failure somewhere. what Adam does is some weird form of Te imitation that is really just what Ti perceives Te to be, and the objective rationality of such a charade is rooted in Fe, not Te, for the aforementioned reasons

people spread out and play roles and never was there much Te to be found, because why would Te be interested in such a dynamic at all. if this is difficult to grok, then you probably don't value Te

this is precisely the kind of thing that would create a civil war once you got a few real gammas in there, because the solution would not be to participate it would be to clarify it

and many onlookers would be like, "uhh guys, I thought we had a tacit agreement..?" and not at all understand what's really going on, because they lost track of fake v real Te valuing and how it could create a schism while all retaining the same name. its like in movies where the bad guy imitates the hero and someone has to decide who the real verison is and they're both saying "no im the real x!--shoot him not me!"

its precisely this kind of dynamic though that will prevent socionics from ever going anywhere, hence all those prophecies about how "until we lock things down conclusively with Ti studies, we can't make judgements", will be self fulfilling, except it will just mean socionics will never amount to anything because it will never have enough truth value or inertia to break itself off the floor. the idea that all its good for is role playing is precisely what will be the consequence of that way of thinking. that tension is created by a general Fe approach to business. its precisely that kind of Fe thinking that Adam-the-phenomenon is totally symptomatic of. socionics has to transcend this kind of territorialism because that's what it exists to do. if it cant overcome this then it has no right to exist and dies a natural death (this is what Singu sees)

if you want to know why Adam is not Te/Ni just look at how he handles unknowns. all he does is parrot known stereotypes and knowledge. in this thread he came out with a thinly veiled imitation of Tai only after he was accepted as legit LIE. ask him something not obvious that requires reaching into the future and he can't do it, at best he can conjure some Ti image what it appears someone in that situation would do. its all smoke and mirrors

this is precisely why ESI hates him. because they can detect that, even if they can't give it words, its enough that it rubs them the wrong way. they can tell because their psyche is sensitive to it. the didactism isn't offensive in of itself, its offensive because its a sham. its stupid in the same way that Se isn't offensive, its offensive for the underlying substance. Adam makes the same defense cuvinene does in general, just Ni not Se, but its all misdirection

I feel like the truth is obvious to a certain subset, of which we might call "true gammas" because they don't really need this explained, they already know it on a gut level. the problem is showing this farce for what it is to a broader audience, who thinks in such a way that allowed for it to develop to begin with

anyway to step into the future and create solutions is the real sign of Te/Ni, not some dopey "let me tell you about how many jerbs I've had" lecture is. that's maximally concrete, retrospective in nature, formulaic and should be a totally obvious hackjob. what's more interesting to me is in how many people don't see it. because when you can, its sort of marvelous to see people taken in by an obvious farce and cling to it, to defend it--for what? that's not Te that's Fe. its the mass hysteria of Fe in action

Ni is literally relying on your imagination in order to transcend time, and creative even moreso. Adam shows no sign of this sort of function being his creative mode, especially in regard to time or any other definition of Ni. if Adam is LIE it renders LIE meaningless, which is precisely the point because he exists simply to spread out and cover ground so people can play around in this stupid bubble. he begs the question constantly about LIE and other LIEs "he knows" because thats precisely that kind of coverage he exists to apply. others urge him on because it completes the fantasy. its Fe "help" over Te help

its interesting because Singu actually perceives this from the other end. his solution is just to abandon socionics and focus on more academic and scientific modes of personality and psychology, because he doesn't object to the Fe mode in principle, but he really does want to escape this frustrating dynamic, so his solution is more Ti not less, but he just as much wants to get off this Fe train ride because his intuition actually tells him its going nowhere

the bottom line is the more people like Adam and his handlers are allowed to run wild, the more Singu has a point. you can't trust that kind of "Te" and you do need to start over with a different bottom up foundation and "objective" kind of study of the subject, to get free of those biasing factors. in a weird way, he and I totally agree in our assessment of the situation, he just wants to leave this fantasy land intact and make real progress on those academic fronts, whereas I want to treat this like a real front for progress and not just play time

in the end, I feel kind of bad for Adam, because people like him get created the same way Trump gets created, they're just responding to a perceived need. and then they're ultimately turned on and abandoned if they can't perform what was likely an impossible or irrational task to begin with. in the end there's no real exit for Adam because either he goes down with socionics as an irrelevant social bubble or it jettisons him. he's just the life support this place ran on when other people fucked up the ecosystem

I would totally forgive him if he ever came around for that reason, but until then he's still just part of the problem. it really is the matrix
    Last edited by Bertrand; 11-15-2017 at 03:07 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    If you look at old threads and forum history, there was another "fake gamma" purge years ago where a bunch of people were all accusing each other of being fake gammas and demanding that people give evidence of type. For whatever reason, history repeats itself here.

--
    Anyway, I do agree with @lump that if you're going to set yourself up as some sort of expert advice giver on types, you should have something to back that up besides "Trust me, I know."

But, I also do think that @Adam Strange is Te, and part of the annoying things he does (the condescending teachery stuff) come from a combination of being Te-lead and his enneagram type. Not all or even most LIEs will come across this way. The behavior isn't the type. But some will come across that way, and they're just as Te as the others. I know a Te-lead quite like Adam, and several who are not at all like him, but they all still are Te lead. You have to ask, what is Te and what does Te thinking look like? And it won't look like a bunch of clones, people are still individuals, but you'll see a kind of thinking they share. A kind of how? sort of thinking, cost/benefit etc. (Rough, not very precise description, hopefully gets point across bc I don't want to mess with details right now)

That also means though that the whole thing he does with "LIEs do this" "ESIs do this" is also completely wrong and narrow-minded, because clearly not all LIEs are his clone, and not all ESIs are clones either. And obviously the businessman with his trophy wife scenario is one that will not apply to the vast number of gammas out there and is a stupid stereotype. Some gammas will still fit it (and some people who are not gammas will also) because it doesn't explain anything about how they are thinking. Personal values are not type. Behavior isn't either, and only gives clues to the type - you have to know the reasons - the why and the how of their thinking, not just what shows up in a superficial way.
    I actually know a bunch of LIE's in real life, and we are all different on the surface and in our life choices and to a great extent, in much of our moment-by-moment thinking, but at the same time, we all share certain traits. We also get along with each other. Lol.

Incidentally, I don't know a single LIE who is married to a trophy wife. I would say that the closest anyone comes to that is one guy, an e3, who married an attractive but bitchy LII because marriage would significantly advance both of their careers. It is a second marriage for both of them. And I'm pretty sure they would both part company in a heartbeat at this point if they could both keep all the money. He is an unfortunate exception, though. Most of the LIE's whom I know don't run companies, and aren't rich, and aren't married to duals or bimbos.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. . . way to miss the point @Adam Strange. I've seen you type someone as ESI because of the kind of necklace she was wearing. Giving more personal anecdotes isn't the answer.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So, what is the answer, @squark?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    So, what is the answer, @squark?
    Looking more at how people actually think and talking about that, imo.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

reposting for new page

my theory is 80% of the socionics community is alpha but there's this weird urge to delude itself into the idea that there's an even split. this warps the perception of type in general to where you have people bringing enneagram in and other kinds of tortured reasoning in order to fit that urge. notice this (mine) is a real Te form of thinking, it is not interested in sparing feelings or mood so it feels no need to reach into enneagram to dilute socionics, socionics stands or fails on its own. the second you bring enneagram into it it is indicative of failure somewhere. what Adam does is some weird form of Te imitation that is really just what Ti perceives Te to be, and the objective rationality of such a charade is rooted in Fe, not Te, for the aforementioned reasons

people spread out and play roles and never was there much Te to be found, because why would Te be interested in such a dynamic at all. if this is difficult to grok, then you probably don't value Te

this is precisely the kind of thing that would create a civil war once you got a few real gammas in there, because the solution would not be to participate it would be to clarify it

and many onlookers would be like, "uhh guys, I thought we had a tacit agreement..?" and not at all understand what's really going on, because they lost track of fake v real Te valuing and how it could create a schism while all the while retaining the same name. its like in movies where the bad guy imitates the hero and someone has to decide who the real verison is and they're both saying "no im the real x!--shoot him not me!"

its precisely this kind of dynamic though that will prevent socionics from ever going anywhere, hence all those prophecies about how "until we lock things down conclusively with Ti studies, we can't make judgements", will be self fulfilling, except it will just mean socionics will never amount to anything because it will never have enough truth value or inertia to break itself off the floor. the idea that all its good for is role playing is precisely what will be the consequence of that way of thinking. that tension is created by a general Fe approach to business. its precisely that kind of Fe thinking that Adam-the-phenomenon is totally symptomatic of. socionics has to transcend this kind of territorialism because that's what it really exists to do. if it cant overcome this then it has no right to exist and dies a natural death (this is what Singu sees)

if you want to know why Adam is not Te/Ni just look at how he handles unknowns. all he does is parrot known stereotypes and knowledge. in this thread he came out with a thinly veiled imitation of Tai only after he was accepted as legit LIE. ask him something not obvious that requires reaching into the future and he can't do it, at best he can conjure some Ti image what it appears someone in that situation would do. its all smoke and mirrors

this is precisely why ESI hates him. because they can detect that, even if they can't give it words, its enough that it rubs them the wrong way. they can tell because their psyche is sensitive to it. the didactism isn't offensive in of itself, its offensive because its a sham. its stupid in the same way that Se isn't offensive, its offensive for the underlying substance. Adam makes the same defense cuvinene does in general, just Ni not Se, but its all misdirection, "can't even handle my Ni bruh"-- its like, no, you're just an idiot. nice try to paint Ni as inherently distasteful as you are. some people like it and if they don't like you it doesn't mean they can't handle Ni. that is, in fact, pandering to a certain stereotype--explicitly trying to embody it and sell it back as the truth. its laundering Ti as Ni

I feel like the truth is obvious to a certain subset, of which we might call "true gammas" because they don't really need this explained, they already know it on a gut level. the problem is showing this farce for what it is to a broader audience, who thinks in such a way that allowed for it to develop to begin with

anyway to step into the future and create solutions is the real sign of Te/Ni, not some dopey "let me tell you about how many jerbs I've had" lecture is. that's maximally concrete, retrospective in nature, formulaic and should be a totally obvious hackjob. what's more interesting to me is in how many people don't see it. because when you can, its sort of marvelous to see people taken in by an obvious farce and cling to it, to defend it--for what? that's not Te that's Fe. its the mass hysteria of Fe in action

Ni is literally relying on your imagination in order to transcend time, and creative even moreso. Adam shows no sign of this sort of function being his creative mode, especially in regard to time or any other definition of Ni. if Adam is LIE it renders LIE meaningless, which is precisely the point because he exists simply to spread out and cover ground so people can play around in this stupid bubble. he begs the question constantly about LIE and other LIEs "he knows" because thats precisely that kind of coverage he exists to apply. others urge him on because it completes the fantasy. its Fe "help" over Te help

its interesting because Singu actually perceives this from the other end. his solution is just to abandon socionics and focus on more academic and scientific modes of personality and psychology, because he doesn't object to the Fe mode in principle, but he really does want to escape this frustrating dynamic, so his solution is more Ti not less, but he just as much wants to get off this Fe train ride because his intuition tells him its actually going nowhere

the bottom line is the more people like Adam and his handlers are allowed to run wild, the more Singu has a point. you can't trust that kind of "Te" and you do need to start over with a different bottom up foundation and "objective" kind of study of the subject, to get free of those biasing factors. in a weird way, he and I totally agree in our assessment of the situation, he just wants to leave this fantasy land intact and make real progress on those academic fronts, whereas I want to treat this like a real front for progress and not just play time

the difference between me and Singu is one of politeness. he sees the merriment here as not worth disrupting, rather he wants to redirect serious effort to what he considers the "proper" place which is academia (where thinking is not at odds with enjoyment as it is here), and leave this dream world alone. I see this place as a place of actual Te potential so redirecting the seriousness to academia squanders the potential here because I see Jung as having real merit that gets no traction there. But it is impolite of me to go about things the way I do, the point is I don't care if it breaks up the fantasy because I believe it needs to be, because that is not the true value of this place

in the end, I feel kind of bad for Adam, because people like him get created the same way Trump gets created, they're just responding to a perceived need. and then they're ultimately turned on and abandoned if they can't perform what was likely an impossible or irrational task to begin with. in the end there's no real exit for Adam because either he goes down with socionics as an irrelevant social bubble or it jettisons him. he's just the life support this place ran on when other people fucked up the ecosystem

I would totally forgive him if he ever came around for that reason, but until then he's still just part of the problem. it really is the matrix

the idea that this place is equally full of researches pragmatists and humanitarians as socials is a myth, and the only real dispute is as to what people do with that. because they all act that antecedent truth out. it honestly doesn't even make sense for it to be otherwise, if you can take the blinders off for one second. this is a social board dedicated to an alpha theory. there's a reason new ESE cuvinene lasered in on LIE
    Last edited by Bertrand; 11-15-2017 at 03:51 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Looking more at how people actually think and talking about that, imo.
    C'mon, @squark. What does a thought look like?

I'd love it if there were some test, or some phrase, or some quantifiable identifier of types, but there isn't so far. What we have are correlations, which we clumsily approach by questions such as "Would you rather sit in a dark room with a book or snort coke off a hooker's ass?", and "A lot of ESI's wear chokers", and "LSI's love organizations and LIE's love raiding organizations."

These are poor substitutes for a definitive test of type, but it's what we got right now. I, personally, think that this forum can make some contribution toward a theory of types by relating anecdotes and debating whether they are truly type-related. We might be Tycho Brahe to some future Kepler.

In my very first post here, I said that I didn't think I could contribute to the theory, but I could relate anecdotes of behaviors from which others can extract type information.
    Since then, I've formed some opinions about how the types look and behave, but I'll be the first to admit that they aren't very accurate. I wish I were better at this, but not enough to make a study of it. Consequently, you should take my type examples with a large grain of salt. I do, despite how certain I might sound.

After all, sounding certain in the face of uncertainty is what LIE's do.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-15-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're annoyed by some stereotypes or somebody's behavior that doesn't much the description of some random system, then maybe the problem is with the entire system, and not everybody else who are stupid and dishonest and are out to get you and fool you. Just maybe.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

agreed

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    Are you aware that LIE's are among the rarest of the types (not making this up, there are statistics that I won't bother to search for right now).

"We don't know what type this person is? They must be a LIE. They come from MBTI and they are ENTJ there? They Must be LIE. An overly adventurous person? A LIE. A bussinessman? A LIE! A boring overly by-the-book person? A LIE !!"

LSE's are not LIE's. LSI's are not LIE's. ESE's are not LIE's. EIE's are not LIE's.

The only legit LIE who has ever graced this forum is @pezzonovante.

That's all I have to say about this .
    Post a video of yourself so we can see what a 'real' LIE looks like.
    Hey, feel free to PM me with any opinions about my type

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LIE's are rare, but not that rare. If you have a normal social life, you're going to meet more than 2 LIE's pretty quickly - unless you're looking only for carbon copies of yourself.

If you work in a larger corporate environment, you will very quickly run into them. Go to any bank and look at the people on top - same. Go to colleges like economy, law or something similar, even engineering (political sciences, international relationships,...) - no way there's no LIE's there.

My bf's best friend is LIE and I've met another 3 LIE's just by hanging out with them - they often stick together.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

x isn't rare, go to y and you'll see plenty of them

i've personally met 4 x's--x isn't rare

s m e l l y darya has poor logic

at least just say "I believe LIE isn't that rare, based on my experience of what I believe LIE to be"-- in other words, you've defined LIE as "not that rare" and just asserted it. which if you read my post is precisely the problem, because you've carried that assumption over into concluding that it is unlikely we don't have any LIEs here, and therefore it makes sense to allow Adam to define LIE via his behavior based on the fact he identifies as such, because obviously we gotta have some LIEs, and since he's one, it makes sense to base our understanding of them on him. which is a fucked up circle that bothers people to begin with because its wrong. there is however one noticeable trend: that beta tends to defend that form of reasoning, which is interesting because you'd think gamma would know their own. and even setting that aside, you have to wonder what it is about this topic that brings beta out and all on one side. I mean, why do they even care, and why do they speak in unison. A lot of topics get ignored around here, not this one. why someone from gamma might care is self evident, but beta is sort of interesting

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I think we are pretty different in behavior and probably upbringing / environment but our thinking processes seem similar.
    he does have that annoying teaching-like thing.
    lol i've seen other people mention the teaching thing re: Adam but to me it doesn't come across that way; to me his replies seem to be generally based on trivialities and generally delivered in some absolutist mannner - the manner is similar to olimpia's really which is weird lol

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its not that weird when you consider they have a retarded love affair. well, it makes about as much sense as IEI/LIE/SLI relations being pleasant and mutually supportive, and all the other sorts of contortions this place has come up with to justify the manifest absurdity of the situation. its almost like the people purporting to represent those 3 types are all actually from the same quadra

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is the most E S E thing I've seen in a while
    That wasn't a very convincing argument.

If I was you, I'd tone down the sanctimony a couple of notches, and work to add a little more substance.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 11-15-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast