Thread: how you think each type perceives their polr

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how you think each type perceives their polr

edited for gayness - what a mess
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    good bye

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    Someone else do the others! Where's Slater?
    Hello!
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

base is not PoLR; they are polr or polr, depending on the creative function.

I'm probably not the best person to go on about PoLR. I do have an anecdote, though: at work, we have a couple of accounts for which we do sales work. On one of them, we are supposed to offer a ton of rebuttals, even some that I would feel are rather below the belt. If they want to go talk to their doctor or their spouse, we give them a rebuttal (basically give them the "We have a money back guarantee!" and "This is a limited time offer!" spiels). We get commissions off of these, so sure it's nice to sell something, but I'm not going to freak out if someone needs more time to think or if they want to go talk to a spouse or doctor first. In that sense, I am not horribly pushy. I also know that were I on the other end, I would be horribly irritated by the sales tactics we are expected to use. One of my co-workers and I regularly complain about this to each other.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE: "Fuck normative sentimentalisms, I got cold logic"
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    ILE: "Fuck normative sentimentalisms, I got cold logic"
    And imagine, kids, that these guys are the ones who shed a tear at the end of the day simply because something is just too cute.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aivonaima View Post
    And imagine, kids, that these guys are the ones who shed a tear at the end of the day simply because something is just too cute.
    Actually I have been crying even more lately. I saw this old dog I have know throughout he's life and he was just so old that it just existentially hit me. Yesterday I watched Tim Burton's Batman Return and it was just so theatrical that I had to cry. I have also cried for a third reason during the 48 hours but I'm not sharing that here.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll save some of that cake for you just because you're so cute!
    This doesn't mean that I will tell it even if I will have some. But I might like some of that chocolate cake, yes, I would fancy that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All my life I've been trying to understand how things work but the space inside my head works on a whole different set of laws than the world around! They just don't work together. Book information? As long as I can't see it with my own eyes, I just can't make it exist for me. It's just a blur of hippedy-hey this shit's not real. I can't understand even the simpliest technical things.
    I'm the same. I did teach myself to knit socks with a book but it was onerous.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't get it at all.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HA HA. Me and knitting... Oh my god! I won't even start with that. I've tried it multiple times but I just don't get it. Even my mom who isn't exactly a whiz at handicrafts couldn't look at me screwing up this one time I was giving it a try and actually took the sticks out of my hands and started doing it for me. One of the only things I really suck at...
    Well it's way easier if you had someone sitting next to you, showing you how to do it! that's for sure.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Well it's way easier if you had someone sitting next to you, showing you how to do it! that's for sure.
    Unless it's a PoLR hit.

#finnishworldproblems

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see my Polr as unimportant. I'm positive Te has its usefulness, but to me "the facts" tend to have holes in them that make them not so factual.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame Te-PoLR for my bouncing all around the supermarket like a pinball while picking items at random from my shopping list, with a total disregard for the store's layout and which things are closest to each other. Efficiency, my ass.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ lol

For me I don't view my POLR as necessarily useless but its just...the thought of using it is....awkward, and almost terrifying at times. It makes me feel vulnerable and unmanly. Can't do it. >.>'

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    This is how I view my Te PoLR

LOL but wait...this is how I feel everyday at work!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    ^ lol

For me I don't view my POLR as necessarily useless but its just...the thought of using it is....awkward, and almost terrifying at times. It makes me feel vulnerable and unmanly. Can't do it. >.>'
    Yes, I feel the same way about mine. Is it strange a woman is afraid of looking emotional?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame my PoLR for absolutely nothing in life, and neither should anybody else.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I blame my PoLR for absolutely nothing in life, and neither should anybody else.
    I kind of know what you mean. I feel like I've been using my PoLR as an excuse to legitimize not giving a shit/doing shit that I don't like lately.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's a pain, but I'm glad my PoLR is , it helps me safely ignore most people and their wants and desires. And most people's wants and desires are frankly, uninteresting and pointless.

On the other hand, it's a source of my problems and what I think society expects of me. Overall, I rather have my PoLR than something like polr, polr or polr.

My PoLR helps me focus on my creative function, so I don't have to deal with the PITA in that area of my life.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused! What is Ni about if you plan things as horridly as the add-me?
    for me, it's not about planning or not planning, it's more about attention span, energy level and switching my priorities around. "efficiency" is not really a priority of mine unless it's grocery shopping or running errands in which case it's still more about conserving my energy and getting things done according to deadlines. I always always put things off until the last minute. And the funny thing is, stuff still always works out. I can't remember a single time that I procrastinated and things fell apart.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for gayness - blah.
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    good bye

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryene felt the need to correct me rather than ask what I was talking about, but someone who is say SLI-Si would theoretically have poorer Ni and better Fe than SLI-Te with better Ni and poorer Fe. So it's probably better not to assume the role function is necessarily any different from the PoLR. Well, eh, you all know what I mean, right?
    This is the third time you've responded to my statements toward you with an attack or accusation of some sort, and it's not like we talk much to begin with. Do you generally operate in such a manner, or do you have something against me in particular?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Creepy-pokeball

I answered this question years ago.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for gayness. fff
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    good bye

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0.o
    You accused me once of not being mindful of socionics theory and I called you out on your bullshit (that's on YOU). You've also felt the need to correct me when all I really want to do is communicate with people. It is frustrating that you can't treat me with a little more respect, but I'm not singling you out other than to state this. Leave me alone. You don't have to repond to my posts with your vitriole and expect me to just take it. fuck off.
    .................................................. .....................................Right. Carry on, then.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol i think ryene just has a zealously helpful personality that can be taken the wrong way but she hasn't singled anyone out with it afaict.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I like books of trivia but I can't deal with instructional manuals. I read a glassblowing magazine once, it was the most SLI thing I'd ever seen, all these troll-looking guys with beards and squinty eyes wearing their intricate spun glass jewellery and talking about the diferent swirls you could make in glass and all the different grades of red glass from worst to best, which tbh would look identical to me if my nose was not pressed up against it. It was a strange experience, reading how the other half lives...
    lmao so TRUE.
    The end is nigh