View Poll Results: What is your subtype and MBTI type?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ti-LII and INTJ----Ne-ILE and ENTP----Fe-ESE and ESFJ----Si-SEI and ISFP

5 50.00%
  • Ne-LII and INTP----Ti-ILE and ENTJ----Si-ESE and ESFP----Fe-SEI and ISFJ

2 20.00%
  • Ti-LII and INTP----Ne-ILE and ENTJ----Fe-ESE and ESFP----Si-SEI and ISFJ

1 10.00%
  • Ne-LII and INTP----Ti-ILE and ENTP----Si-ESE and ESFJ----Fe-SEI and ISFP

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your MBTI type, Alphas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's your MBTI type, Alphas?

The person's hypothesis I was testing out failed, so the poll doesn't matter anymore. But, this thread isn't a loss because people have been posting very odd socionics-MBTI connections. The most common switch is the J/P switch. I was under the impression that I/E, N/S, and F/T switches were rare, but after these threads, it's clear that it's more common than I thought it was.

TL;DR
    If you have an I/E, N/S, or F/T switch, please explain how your socionics and MBTI type complement each other instead of contradict each other.
    Last edited by blankblank; 04-27-2011 at 04:14 AM.

Creepy-male

Are you using Gulenko's or M&O's acc/cre subtypes?

By Gulenko I vaguely pop out as a Fe-SEI. By M&O I'm a Si subtype. This is why I reject acc/cre as largely useless and completely obsolete in the face off DCNH four subtypes (by which I'm a C-subtype).

Also in MBTI I'm an ambivert and NfP. In Jung I'm TiSe.
    Last edited by male; 04-24-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    They're pretty similar, aren't they? Are you a different subtype depending on the author?

Creepy-male

Ya. Edited my post.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Socionics: ILE, ENTp Ti, D
    MBTI: ENTJ
    Enneagram: 7w6
    Astrology: Aquarius
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What is your name alphas ? Boris ?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj, INTP; usually called Ti-subtype by other people. i don't subscribe strongly to subtypes. J/P dichotomy has always been the most ambiguous of the 4 basic ones for me.

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI: ENTP
    Socionics: -ILE/ENTp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first mbti I ever took I came out ISFP (back in 6th? grade by a professional test, since they used that to help teach gifted students), then as INFP and INFJ during my teenage/early college years, but those were online tests. I consider myself an ISFp, not really sure on subtype. I'd probably go more towards Si for myself, but of the people who've bothered to subtype me I think Fe-ISFp pops up more often.

I've also gotten typed as Ne-INFj by some people too.

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an ESFJ on MBTI. . .

A C in DCNH subtyping. . .

But I have no idea what subtype I am under that subtyping column. . . could anyone explain the differences between being an Fi, Ni, Fe, Si, Se, etc. subtype? I've been wondering about this for a while. . .

((confused. ))

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellow82 View Post
    I'm an ESFJ on MBTI. . .

But I have no idea what subtype I am under that subtyping column. . . could anyone explain the differences between being an Fi, Ni, Fe, Si, Se, etc. subtype? I've been wondering about this for a while. . .

((confused. ))
    I tend to only look at base or creative subtypes, since I don't know anything about DCNH really (I'd probably be harmonizing though, I think). If you get into eight subtypes that's pretty much no man's land to me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By Gulenko I vaguely pop out as a Fe-SEI. By M&O I'm a Si subtype. This is why I reject acc/cre as largely useless and completely obsolete in the face off DCNH four subtypes (by which I'm a C-subtype).

Also in MBTI I'm an ambivert and NfP. In Jung I'm TiSe.
    Goodness! You're complicated!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    The first mbti I ever took I came out ISFP (back in 6th? grade by a professional test, since they used that to help teach gifted students), then as INFP and INFJ during my teenage/early college years, but those were online tests. I consider myself an ISFp, not really sure on subtype. I'd probably go more towards Si for myself, but of the people who've bothered to subtype me I think Fe-ISFp pops up more often.

I've also gotten typed as Ne-INFj by some people too.
    Well, better figure out your type, it's a socionics forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an ESFJ on MBTI. . .

((confused. ))
    Are you talking about Gulenko/Meged/Ovcharov subtypes? I don't know about DCNH. Wikisocion, the god of socionics sites, explains them. I see you're an ESE, so you'd be a Fe-ESE or Si-ESE. Fe-ESEs are a lot more scattered, Si-ESEs are a lot more calm.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    Goodness! You're complicated!
    Nah, I'm pretty simple. I'm just in the grey areas of MBTI, since it never made the call to decide whether it was dichotomy-based or scale-based.

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-ESEs are a lot more scattered, Si-ESEs are a lot more calm.
    I'm going to assume that since I'm a Creative-C subtype with Gulenko, that I'm an Fe-ESE. . . but, could you explain those subtypes further in detail? Because, I can be both. . . it depends on the situation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to assume that since I'm a Creative-C subtype with Gulenko, that I'm an Fe-ESE. . . but, could you explain those subtypes further in detail? Because, I can be both. . . it depends on the situation.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...e=ESE_subtypes

TIM
    ESE-C [Enneagram-2]
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading that then I'm going to have to say that I'm more of a sensory ESE subtype then the Ethical subtype. Weird, I thought I would be more Fe. . . but I really am not that moody unless you really really get under my skin, which is almost impossible to do. . .

I'm just more of a random, cheerful, curious, happy, giving, colorful ESE. That can cook gourmet everything, sew almost anything, and knit almost anything. I also do a lot of creative writing in my spare time, taking care of animals, gardening, and music. . . I love my musical instruments. I almost can't go a day without cooking, cleaning, being outdoors, and playing music.

I think the biggest thing is I'm almost always changing my mind about something, which can really annoy some people, but it's a part of my C subtype. I give off a lot of different ideas, which is why a lot of people have always said that I would make an excellent designer/researcher. I'm just, much more curious compared to a lot of ESE's I know. . . which makes it so I know how to do almost everything my friends know how to do. . . I picked up a lot of hobbies. . . in highschool alone I was a part of 4-H, FFA, Vet School, poetry clubs, a school newspaper, art classes, sewing class, creative writing clubs, stockman club, debate club, speech club, psychology class, agriculture class, ensemble, violin class, 3 choirs (every year), gourmet clubs, and Wilton cake decorating school and then I raised: beef cattle, chickens, dairy goats, geese, ducks, rabbits and sheep. (That's not counting the fact that I would take on average: 8 courses every semester in school.) And that I had about 700 friends through all the clubs, church and social outings that I tried to keep up with. . . I was just, a very busy girl, and I hated not being busy. . . I can get bored so easily.

I think that's what a lot of friends have noticed about me through the years, I'm always doing "something". I tend to be more of a workaholic then most, yet, my interests seem to almost change constantly. My mind needs to be thinking about something old, something new and something exciting, or, I'm bored.

People always comment about how "exciting" my life seems to be. They're amazed at how often it changes. . . but I just couldn't live with a dull life, I need excitement, change, adventure.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, better figure out your type, it's a socionics forum.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-ESE and ESFJ.

In the poll, if you're tracking it... change one of the second choices to the last one. I clicked on it and then used the arrow key prior to voting and it seems that it voted for the second one instead of my actual decision.
    Last edited by cracka; 04-27-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im voting randomly in all your 4 shitty polls.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading that then I'm going to have to say that I'm more of a sensory ESE subtype then the Ethical subtype. Weird, I thought I would be more Fe. . . but I really am not that moody unless you really really get under my skin, which is almost impossible to do. . .

I'm just more of a random, cheerful, curious, happy, giving, colorful ESE. That can cook gourmet everything, sew almost anything, and knit almost anything. I also do a lot of creative writing in my spare time, taking care of animals, gardening, and music. . . I love my musical instruments. I almost can't go a day without cooking, cleaning, being outdoors, and playing music.

I think the biggest thing is I'm almost always changing my mind about something, which can really annoy some people, but it's a part of my C subtype. I give off a lot of different ideas, which is why a lot of people have always said that I would make an excellent designer/researcher. I'm just, much more curious compared to a lot of ESE's I know. . . which makes it so I know how to do almost everything my friends know how to do. . . I picked up a lot of hobbies. . . in highschool alone I was a part of 4-H, FFA, Vet School, poetry clubs, a school newspaper, art classes, sewing class, creative writing clubs, stockman club, debate club, speech club, psychology class, agriculture class, ensemble, violin class, 3 choirs (every year), gourmet clubs, and Wilton cake decorating school and then I raised: beef cattle, chickens, dairy goats, geese, ducks, rabbits and sheep. (That's not counting the fact that I would take on average: 8 courses every semester in school.) And that I had about 700 friends through all the clubs, church and social outings that I tried to keep up with. . . I was just, a very busy girl, and I hated not being busy. . . I can get bored so easily.

I think that's what a lot of friends have noticed about me through the years, I'm always doing "something". I tend to be more of a workaholic then most, yet, my interests seem to almost change constantly. My mind needs to be thinking about something old, something new and something exciting, or, I'm bored.

People always comment about how "exciting" my life seems to be. They're amazed at how often it changes. . . but I just couldn't live with a dull life, I need excitement, change, adventure.
    That sounds EXHAUSTING. At least, it would be for me. Though if it's the right lifestyle for you, then great! Go for it!

The ESE I know is kinda like that, scattered, changes her mind constantly, has tons of acquaintances, and always seems to have energy. Just watching her wears me out. o______o

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Si-ESE and ESFJ.

In the poll, if you're tracking it... change one of the second choices to the last one. I clicked on it and then used the arrow key prior to voting and it seems that it voted for the second one instead of my actual decision.
    Can you edit polls?

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Can you edit polls?
    Republican.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my mother typed as ESE xSFJ, probably ESFJ.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i type my dad LII and would also type him INTJ based on the four-letter dichotomies

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm LII and INTJ.

I know an ESE who got ENFJ on a Keirsey quiz, and resembles his ENFJ description better than his ESFJ one. I have a theory that since Keirsey and to a lesser extent MBTI base their typings on external behaviour instead of internal information processing, they often wind up confusing people's Nature and Persona, resulting in a typing that is some weird amalgam of the two.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I have a theory that since Keirsey and to a lesser extent MBTI base their typings on external behaviour instead of internal information processing, they often wind up confusing people's Nature and Persona, resulting in a typing that is some weird amalgam of the two.
    I think you're projecting.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Trevor View Post
    I think you're projecting.

I don't understand what you mean. Which part are you referring to? What am I projecting? You have not provided sufficient information for me to understand what you're talking about.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That you too base your typings on external behavior instead of internal information processing, etc
    Last edited by Trevor; 05-10-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics and MBTI are on the same plane of internal information processing and behavior, just they describe different aspects of personality. The information elements are rather different.

Socionics types are also pretty even in population, I think in MBTI they have sensors being very populous, and Ni types as the least populous.

Creepy-male

Understanding introversion/extraversion in both systems I think is the key.

In Jung, the introverted mind is threatened by objects. It seeks to disarm them by internalising them, robbing them of their energy. In Socioics, the introverted mind is just focused on how it perceives relationships between things.

In MBTI to the best of my knowledge, I/E is just whether you're an introvert or an extravert. F/T is just whether you're a insensitive asshole or an oversensitive doormat. N/S is just whether you're a college student or a bus driver; or whether your IQ is over or under 100. P/J is whether you need structure to not break down crying like a baby, or if structure makes you break down and cry like a baby.

It's all very highly scientific and respectable and should be taken and treated with all due respect and seriousness.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introverts have a Focal P ego function. Extroverts have a Focal J function. The former understands states, so it tries to reach a familiar state and to stay in it, moving only when the resulting state is also a familiar one. The latter understands transitions and thus ends up moving/changing continually if left unrestrained until an obstacle turns up.

I've solved these problems years ago and am waiting for the rest of you to catch up.
    Last edited by krieger; 05-10-2011 at 08:08 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understanding introversion/extraversion in both systems I think is the key.

In Jung, the introverted mind is threatened by objects. It seeks to disarm them by internalising them, robbing them of their energy. In Socioics, the introverted mind is just focused on how it perceives relationships between things.
    Interesting.

In MBTI to the best of my knowledge, I/E is just whether you're an introvert or an extravert.
    If you mean outgoing/reserved, it depends on whether someone is using dichotomies or functions.

P/J is whether you need structure to not break down crying like a baby, or if structure makes you break down and cry like a baby.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Socionics types are also pretty even in population, I think in MBTI they have sensors being very populous, and Ni types as the least populous.
    You're right about sensors and Ni-users. I took the statistics off http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...is-my-type.asp a while ago and calculated these...

Introverts: 51%
    Extroverts: 49%

Sensors: 73%
    iNtuitives: 27%

Feelers: 60%
    Thinkers: 40%

Judgers: 54%
    Perceivers: 46%

Si users: 46%
    Se users: 27%
    Ne users: 19%
    Ni users: 8%

Fe users: 30%
    Fi users: 30%
    Te users: 24%
    Ti users: 16%

ISFJ: 14%
    ESFJ: 12%
    ISTJ: 11.5%
    ISFP: 9%
    ESTJ: 9%
    ESFP: 8.5%
    ENFP: 8%
    ISTP: 5.5%
    INFP: 4.5%
    ESTP: 4%
    INTP: 3%
    ENTP: 3%
    ENFJ: 2.5%
    INTJ: 2%
    ENTJ: 2%
    INFJ: 1.5%

The study included more people than the first MBTI study, in which 75% of people were extroverts.

Yet, socionics studies show a more even distribution, though they were conducted in Lithuania, Russia, and Ukraine instead of the USA. I would certainly HOPE it was more evenly distributed than in MBTI. If socionics directly transferred to MBTI, LSEs would be super sad, though LIEs would be super happy.

Bam! Just like Emeril.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

ENTP, but occasionally test as ENFP...

Because obviously if you have any interest in talking to other humans, you must be an MBTI F
    This is the place where I procrastinate on things Sig related.

ILE

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

ENTP
    Sometimes I get INTJ, ENTJ, ENFP, ENTP..............
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast