Thread: Typing Myself???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typing Myself???

Hello everyone,

I have taken different types of personality tests and vocational exams for years, and have never been able to get a solid feel for who I am, and what I want to do with my life. Post-College makes this difficult for me to figure out what type of work or careers I should be considering. I am a little bit lost I guess?

So I am on here now after some pestering, because I am told that some people on this forum are good at typing people, mostly based on questioning and dialogue. I am not sure what type of information would be helpful for people to start the process, but I am willing to give whatever info is necessary.

Some guidance would be helpful as this is the first time I have done anything remotely like this.

Thanks,
    Natron

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! Tell us about yourself. What are your passions? What do you do in your spare time? What kind of people do you get along with, and what kind can you not stand? Feel free to share whatever.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Hi! Tell us about yourself. What are your passions? What do you do in your spare time? What kind of people do you get along with, and what kind can you not stand? Feel free to share whatever.
    Alright.

About Me:

I am a 21 year old Caucasian American Male. I have been out of college for just over a year now after graduating with a degree in Political Science. The Job Search has been brutal to say the least.

Interests:

I have a lot of interests, but I am not necessarily sure I would call them passions. I am into, in no particular order: Politics, Technology, how society works, sports, (basically anything involving a USA team, no matter how obscure.) history (mostly political and religious history) and theology, (I am a practicing Catholic who converted from a Evangelical background) among other things.

People:

I get along with people who respect others and who have a zest for life, but who aren't wild. I am introvert who can be very social once I see that a person is good, decent, and isn't threat to me. I struggle to get along with people who are not understanding of how other wired, or people who are not patient with dealing with different people's issues. I am the type of person that if you get mad at me for something I did, you are best to tell me about it so I can make amends for it before I find out, because then my feelings will get hurt. I get frustrated when I feel or know I did something wrong and no one tells me what I did because they need to vent or whatever.

I hope that is a good start.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamma introvert something so far. Can't say more without more info though.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi, Natron. I'm getting an introverted and logical vibe, but I'm not sure yet. As requested, I'm going to throw out some questions, so feel free to answer any that interest you.

Do you have a good sense of your strengths and weaknesses? What might those include? (I'm not sure how much you know about the information elements yet, so I'm hoping your answer isn't biased at all.)

Similarly, what qualities differentiate you from "other people"? How might others describe you?

How would you describe your approach to problem-solving? What's your thinking process when presented with new information? (I'm thinking your answers might get at the way your mind works in a general sense.)

What sort of activities do you enjoy, and which do you dislike? Why?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound a lot like Jimbean and to a lesser extent like jessica...Also, you describe yourself using a lot of categories (Caucasian american male, catholic, evangelical). I'm gonna guess LSI for now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression from your writings so far gives me a Ti-ISTj vibe.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Ti categorization too. I'd say LII or LSI, but you seem to be a logical type (looking for intuition elsewhere - as in searching for what would be the right career choice.) So my best feeling at this time is LSI. But I would give yourself time and hang around for a while before you become too sure about your type. The longer you're here and the more you interact, the more apparent your type should become. Also, just chatting in the Anything Goes forum can be useful because it can help to see how you think when you aren't thinking about Soicionics, IMO.

Anyway, welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a visual, this is a video answering some questions about myself. As the questions were posed to me randomly, I come across like a deer in the headlights. So I apologize for that, but hopefully this helps.

Natron

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess: the person asking you the questions is an intuitive type. Potentially ENTp or ENFj. Super stereotypical guess though.

Introverted logical type for sure.
    LSI or ILI.

Seems somewhat more ILI<LSI
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol did you edit that video yourself? 'Cause I am torn between thinking that an ILI wouldn't go through that much trouble, or that's exactly what my ILI husband would [/i]talk[/i] about doing but never actually get around to.

Don't know if I can really side with the ILI camp yet...

LSI seems a little more likely...your mannerisms did remind me a lot of my LSI brother.

Question about the "what would you change about yourself" question. You said you would want longer arms and legs...I realize that you were put on the spot and not given a lot of time to think, so...Is that really what you would want to change about yourself, upon due reflection?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    Hi, Natron. I'm getting an introverted and logical vibe, but I'm not sure yet. As requested, I'm going to throw out some questions, so feel free to answer any that interest you.

Do you have a good sense of your strengths and weaknesses? What might those include? (I'm not sure how much you know about the information elements yet, so I'm hoping your answer isn't biased at all.)

Similarly, what qualities differentiate you from "other people"? How might others describe you?

How would you describe your approach to problem-solving? What's your thinking process when presented with new information? (I'm thinking your answers might get at the way your mind works in a general sense.)

What sort of activities do you enjoy, and which do you dislike? Why?

I think I do? My strengths are that I have a strong work ethic, a really strong work ethic. I refuse to allow myself to procrastinate or fall behind on a project even if it adds stress to my life. I also good at explaining things when I get adequate time to read or hear of what is being explained. My weaknesses are that I tend to make assumptions about people too quickly after meeting them. My intent is to get to figure people out, but instead I usually get things wrong. I also get stressed way to easily, I put more pressure on myself to finish and succeed at things than is healthy sometimes.

I typically solve problems by trying to break things into steps. I am not great at visualizing things or drawing a picture in order to figure out what I am looking at. I try to be really rational and logical with the way I process things, but I have a very internal emotional side to me, that I don't bring to the surface unless I am put under stress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    lol did you edit that video yourself? 'Cause I am torn between thinking that an ILI wouldn't go through that much trouble, or that's exactly what my ILI husband would [/i]talk[/i] about doing but never actually get around to.

LSI seems a little more likely...your mannerisms did remind me a lot of my LSI brother.

Question about the "what would you change about yourself" question. You said you would want longer arms and legs...I realize that you were put on the spot and not given a lot of time to think, so...Is that really what you would want to change about yourself, upon due reflection?
    Yeah, its very superficial thing I know, but being little taller would make reaching for things a bit easier, and it is kind of a confidence issue with me as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't edit the video, I know some people who are kind of into this personality, typing stuff. I like trying to observe and understand people's behavior, but it is not very formulaic when I do it.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natron View Post
    I didn't edit the video, I know some people who are kind of into this personality, typing stuff. I like trying to observe and understand people's behavior, but it is not very formulaic when I do it.
    Okay, well, I was referring more to the "Captain Planet" stuff at the end. Was that your idea?
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, when I saw this video I just thought "Wtf? Did he copy the style of the other one??" but then I recognized whose YouTube account it was and everything was clear.

Well, LSI could be a possibility. You remind me of someone I think *might* be LSI. In my opinion, it's more likely than ILI. This is an interesting detail: when you answer the last question your arm freezes in that position, holding the small card even if don't read it anymore. I do that too, when I'm very focused and concentrated (during shaving for example).
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your appearance reminds me of some LSIs I know, but also of one SLI. Your mannerisms do look Se/Ni though.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS captain planet is a badasssssss
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, well, I was referring more to the "Captain Planet" stuff at the end. Was that your idea?
    Well that is exactly the point, I didn't edit the video so I didn't realize that stuff was even in there until I posted it. The author took some creative liberties apparently, as odd as that sounds.

I'm very straight laced until I have the chance to warm up to people. I'm not naturally goofy or humorous

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Natron is an ISTj and the owner of the youtube account is supposedly an ENFp (according to the opinion of others), it would be very fun....lol....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISTp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    If Natron is an ISTj and the owner of the youtube account is supposedly an ENFp (according to the opinion of others), it would be very fun....lol....
    When I've done MBTI in the past, I have usually had INFJ or INTJ come back at me. I can see how some of the things in those descriptions fit me, but some things don't. For instance, I have read that INFJ's tend to care about people, but that doesn't come naturally for me. You have to enter my life in some capacity for me to develop that emotion towards you.

I also have a horrible time sorting through what is the difference between sensing and feeling. I can be intuitive, but I think that mostly comes from when I try really hard at that (There is some study I've read before that suggests that men can be as "intuitive" as women when there is an incentive to do so, while some women often are good at being "intuitive" because they are expected to be by society.)

Figuring of my strengths is important to me because I haven't had that "spark" yet towards a job path. That "yes", this is perfect for me, or this is something that I love to do. Most things make me go "meh". People tend to have a lot of opinions about what they see me doing, but I have no ability to judge their competency.

For instance, I have gotten everything from Middle School Teacher , Priest, Lawyer, Consultant, etc. from people in my life. At the same time, when pushed, no one has really been able to make a case (at all) for why I should do this or that, or why I would like this or that.

That was a little tangent but it is related to the issue in my main post.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    [Conflict] would be very fun...
    You's sadistic, woman.

OP and I share a mother.

And (at least we've been told) a father.

Natron's vid was a remake of my own because: A) I'm lazy and B) z.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post

I get it now...lol
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The spoilers are very relevant!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You's sadistic, woman.

OP and I share a mother.

And (at least we've been told) a father.

Fun! Nice to have families here.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Natron
    Figuring out my strengths is important to me because I haven't had that "spark" yet towards a job path. That "yes", this is perfect for me, or this is something that I love to do. Most things make me go "meh". People tend to have a lot of opinions about what they see me doing, but I have no ability to judge their competency.

For instance, I have gotten everything from Middle School Teacher , Priest, Lawyer, Consultant, etc. from people in my life. At the same time, when pushed, no one has really been able to make a case (at all) for why I should do this or that, or why I would like this or that.
    Attempted Translation: "I don't know "what I like" or "what I want", but I want you to (convincingly) figure it out, tell me, and push me towards it.

The above sounds a lot like "weak Fi and Ne" to me; but is the general theme (which oft comes up in Natron's speech) a means of SEEKING Fi/Ne (Super-Id) or SHUNNING Fi/Ne (Super-Ego)?

When trying to help with his quoted "job/passion/direction concerns", I toss up every idea imaginable (), regardless of how practical, fitting, or possible, and hope something'll just "stick". (...It never does. )

Best I can tell, he wants:

A) A firm, external kick-in-the-ass to do a very specific "something" (?),

B) A clean-cut description of what'll likely come of "doing that thing" and why he'll succeed (?), and

C) Clearly visible excitement and passion from others about him "doing that thing" (?).
    What does it all mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attempted Translation: "I don't know "what I like" or "what I want", but I want you to (convincingly) figure it out, tell me, and push me towards it.

The above sounds a lot like "weak Fi and Ne" to me; but is the general theme (which oft comes up in Natron's speech) a means of SEEKING Fi/Ne (Super-Id) or SHUNNING Fi/Ne (Super-Ego)?

When trying to help with his quoted "job/passion/direction concerns", I toss up every idea imaginable (), regardless of how practical, fitting, or possible, and hope something'll just "stick". (...It never does. )

Best I can tell, he wants:

A) A firm, external kick-in-the-ass to do a very specific "something" (?),

B) A clean-cut description of what'll likely come of "doing that thing" and why he'll succeed (?), and

C) Clearly visible excitement and passion from others about him "doing that thing" (?).
    What does it all mean?
    B is sort of in the ballpark, but the reality is that when I say that no one has given me a compelling argument for doing x, y, or z; what I mean is when pressed no one has ever tried, which makes me honestly question their ability to judge appropriately.

I also am clueless as to the non-MBTI letter and symbols being used so far in the thread. Maybe someone can enlighten me on that.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also am clueless as to the non-MBTI letter and symbols being used so far in the thread. Maybe someone can enlighten me on that.
    sure thing. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ation_elements

I still think LSI...
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a feeling CILi had something to do with this, thanks to the epic music and Yahtzee

I don't have a strong impression on your type but LSI is quite possible from reading your replies and CILi's. Logical and rational is a given from the video IMO
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B is sort of in the ballpark, but the reality is that when I say that no one has given me a compelling argument for doing x, y, or z; what I mean is when pressed no one has ever tried, which makes me honestly question their ability to judge appropriately.

This "you haven't given me a compelling argument" and "I question your ability to judge appropriately" is something I hear from Ti types.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, it seems like a lot of people here agree with
    introverted, thinking type...

After reading/watching your vid, it seems like IJ may be a fit.

You also mentioned getting INTJ and INFJ in MBTI, so that may also point towards IJ temperament.

Now assuming IJ temperament and thinking type, the only two available options would be ISTj or INTj, who are both introverted with thinking egos. They both, however, use Ti in a different ways- Se vs Ne

People that value Se, or , aim to make an immediate impact. This is more pronounced in LSI/ISTj

People that value Ne, or , aim to see different possibilities and outcomes.
    This is more pronounced in LII/INTj

---

Let's figure out S vs N:

1. If you were to learn something new... Would you tend to:
    -Tinker around with it, quickly figure it out yourself? (Ti + Ne)
    Or
    -Would you prefer exhaustive, one-step-at-a-time, detailed instruction? (Ti +Se)

2. How do you view the world?
    -How it is, where its going now by looking at whats in front of you (Ti + Se)
    Or
    -How things can be better, the possibilities (Ti + Ne)
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 01-26-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    This "you haven't given me a compelling argument" and "I question your ability to judge appropriately" is something I hear from Ti types.
    I know it sounds like a jerky thing to say, but really all I mean by that is people don't explain their thoughts to me when I ask those questions.

For instance:

Me: What do you think I should do for a career?

Other Person: Have you thought being a lawyer/going to seminary/teacher/starting your own business,etc.?

Me: Why do you think I should do ________?

Other Person: Idk.

It is like telling someone they should audition for American Idol, and then when asked why, not say: "because you are a great singer." And in personally drives me a little crazy. I have tried logically making pro and con lists towards a lot of profession and career options and I can't get through it enough to make a decision because something does seem wrong with making a decision like that based off of what has more positives than negatives over the others. That is where my logic fails me.

In the question between Se and Ne in a earlier post, based on the two questions posed, I feel more like a Ti+Ne. I'll have to look into what that means exactly.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got your brother to do the dice thing, you are awesome.