Thread: examples of Ti HA

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default examples of Ti HA

What sort of actions/thoughts characterize someone who is Ti HA?

ie. asking lots of questions

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I knew an ISFp at school who would do homework in the library at lunchtime because he was too shy to make the rounds around school for the whole break. Maybe that was a HA?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I knew an ISFp at school who would do homework in the library at lunchtime because he was too shy to make the rounds around school for the whole break. Maybe that was a HA?
    How?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    How?
    Oh I dunno. He just liked to withdraw and relax while getting things in order at the same time. It obviously allowed him more time to do the things he wanted when he got home.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME, that correlates with HA.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have one time in my life told me I ask more question than anybody else they know in their life. I am not sure if I am an which beta NF.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Oh I dunno. He just liked to withdraw and relax while getting things in order at the same time. It obviously allowed him more time to do the things he wanted when he got home.
    Ah I see
    Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    IME, that correlates with HA.
    Can you elaborate?

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you elaborate?
    You're IEE-Ne.

Ti Super Id's appreciate those with easily understandable and applicable subjective belief systems (or just answers) that are clear cut and consistent. If someone with Ti HA were to ask a lot of questions to a Te ego, the Ti HA person might feel that the Te ego was giving them alot of unnecessary "extra information" and become frustrated at the Te ego's unwillingness to commit to a firm, solid conclusion and perceived propensity to "beat around the bush." Conversely, the Te ego just feels that they were being thorough in their attempt to accurately convey all of the background info while letting the info receiver come to their own conclusions without directly stating it to them.

I've fed your Te-seeking so many times it's not even funny.

Creepy-Cyclops

Eh, I find that Te PoLR's ask more questions than Ti PoLR's do. Not only that, Ti PoLR often ask what seems to me the same questions over and over. Maybe it's because they are searching for a Ti over-arching explanation, and practical examples aren't enough for them.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Eh, I find that Te PoLR's ask more questions than Ti PoLR's do. Not only that, Ti Te PoLR often ask what seems to me the same questions over and over. Maybe it's because they are searching for a Ti over-arching explanation, and practical examples aren't enough for them.
    Have I corrected this correctly? (Why would a Ti PoLR be searching for a Ti explanation?)

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    You're IEE-Ne.
    whatever, you just want to be my dual
    Ti Super Id's appreciate those with easily understandable and applicable subjective belief systems (or just answers) that are clear cut and consistent. If someone with Ti HA were to ask a lot of questions to a Te ego, the Ti HA person might feel that the Te ego was giving them alot of unnecessary "extra information" and become frustrated at the Te ego's unwillingness to commit to a firm, solid conclusion and perceived propensity to "beat around the bush." Conversely, the Te ego just feels that they were being thorough in their attempt to accurately convey all of the background info while letting the info receiver come to their own conclusions without directly stating it to them.

Actually, I find merely clear-cut, practical answers annoying. I like theorizing too much and I need to understand the why behind it all...that's the whole point to asking the questions to me.

I'll try to explain how it feels to me. Being fed objective facts leaves me feeling...confused and unsatisfied. For instance, being told "Ti means blah blah blah and Te means meh meh meh" is not good enough for me. I want to go into a discussion on how it all makes sense in the context of the theory. So I'll keep asking questions if the discussion doesn't occur naturally (which is often necessary with SLIs IME and which frustrates them). I had a conversation with an SLI the other day and we had such a dynamic occur. He kept making statements in response to my questions and I kept asking more questions to get him to explain how all the information was connected. He got frustrated because to him, he had already answered my question, so he was unsure why I kept asking. To me, he was far from actually answering my question and in my desperate search to make sense of it all, I kept asking things like "but why, how does that relate to such and such". Or I would say something like "so you're saying that if blue and green that means yellow, right?" It was obvious that he wasn't helping me put the information together like I needed and I was frustrating him by putting this demand on him.

I'll admit that this is the dichotomy I am having the most trouble understanding. Understanding the differences between Te and Ti, that is. But if I think of practical/effective vs. theory/analyzing, it is clear to me that I value the second and not the first. And yes I know there's more to it than those 2 word descriptions, which is where I'm trying to get in this thread. I want to truly understand the 2 functions and find out how they fit in with being IEI, IEE, whatever.

Does that make any sense? Please analyze.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default examples of Ti HA

examples of Ti HA

joining back the university at old age
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Nope.
    You might've misread him. He corrected what I also noticed to be a typo on your part. You meant that Te polr tends to ask the same question over and over, not Ti polr.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    examples of Ti HA

joining back the university at old age
    how so?

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Have I corrected this correctly? (Why would a Ti PoLR be searching for a Ti explanation?)
    Yes you did, thank you B.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just don't want to admit that you are my dual.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why wouldn't ISFps and INFps ask people questions about things they are interested in? Why wouldn't they ask questions to people they are interested in?

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just don't want to admit that you are my dual.
    ok then, your statement isn't good enough for me. pick apart my explanation and explain how it fits Te HA>Ti HA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What sort of actions/thoughts characterize someone who is Ti HA?

in short, you'd think that someone with a Ti hidden agenda, is someone on the continuous lookout to justify one's own creative Fe.....by whatever means available at that point in time. Should a Ti dominant enter the picture, these lookouts become satisfied quite readilly, but after such ongoing stimulation one is quite deep within the psyche and must make one's way out.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At one point or another, you have mistyped yourself, your mother, God knows if anyone else, therefore, I cannot verify the typing of this alleged SLI with an opinion of my own or comment on your description of this occurence with absolute certainty.

Tbh, you've described Ti mobilizing quite well. If you really believe you are IEI then fine, just don't come running back to me for more cyber sex.

We're over, Sirena.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're IEE-Ne.

This is pretty much spot on. It's not necessarily that we're looking for some Ti-ego to give us absolute, logical certainty; it's just that for Pi-IxFps (the real Ti agenda types), our Ti focus can become very scattered, and Ti-ego types give us the succinctness that we need. I don't think the volume of questions a type asks is indicative of anything, because that behavior will be very dependent on the context, level of understanding, and the type of the interlocutor (i.e. an ENFp will probably end up asking a lot of questions to an ISTj, because they are looking for Te but not getting it). I can relate to the frustration at Te-ego/valuing types' descriptions. I always want them to sum it up, colligate it into some overriding principle, and every time I try to get them to, they end up going on into a new sequence. I am sure that they feel they are being thorough, as that detailed, bottom-up style of processing is all they know; but to me, it is redundant.

Actually, I find merely clear-cut, practical answers annoying. I like theorizing too much and I need to understand the why behind it all...that's the whole point to asking the questions to me.
    Right, well I think anyone should want to understand the "why" behind an idea. It's not as if Te-seeking types simply want a bunch of facts thrown at them with no conceptual understanding; it's just that the nature of the logical structure they give to their ideas will always have a ostensibly causal direction to it -- "ok, so we have this and it affects these two variables like this, and they compound into this more general notion," etc. etc. Ti is more about finding those overriding effects and working back to the core causes -- "so, there is this variable, and it relates to these several others in this manner, thus the relationship between them can be summated as," etc. etc.

I'll try to explain how it feels to me. Being fed objective facts leaves me feeling...confused and unsatisfied. For instance, being told "Ti means blah blah blah and Te means meh meh meh" is not good enough for me. I want to go into a discussion on how it all makes sense in the context of the theory. So I'll keep asking questions if the discussion doesn't occur naturally (which is often necessary with SLIs IME and which frustrates them). I had a conversation with an SLI the other day and we had such a dynamic occur. He kept making statements in response to my questions and I kept asking more questions to get him to explain how all the information was connected. He got frustrated because to him, he had already answered my question, so he was unsure why I kept asking. To me, he was far from actually answering my question and in my desperate search to make sense of it all, I kept asking things like "but why, how does that relate to such and such". Or I would say something like "so you're saying that if blue and green that means yellow, right?" It was obvious that he wasn't helping me put the information together like I needed and I was frustrating him by putting this demand on him.
    That's interesting. I think there will be this frustration between types who don't value the same "T" function in general, but it is frequent that a Ti-valuer will feel unfulfilled when trying to get certain questions answered by a Te-valuer, because there never seems to be any overall structure illustrated. But, I also know that my delta parents can get frustrated when I give them overly-truncated answers to questions, because it isn't "thorough" enough for them, so it goes both ways.

I'll admit that this is the dichotomy I am having the most trouble understanding. Understanding the differences between Te and Ti, that is. But if I think of practical/effective vs. theory/analyzing, it is clear to me that I value the second and not the first. And yes I know there's more to it than those 2 word descriptions, which is where I'm trying to get in this thread. I want to truly understand the 2 functions and find out how they fit in with being IEI, IEE, whatever.
    I don't think it's very conducive to compare Ti and Te past a very general level. This is because they work in completely different ways: the former attempts to establish holistic coherence throughout an explicitly defined system, and the latter attempts to establish a logical sequence from ostensibly manifest information. And the whole "facts/pragmatism/work vs. theory/analyzing/ideas" dichotomy is absolute bullshit.

Does that make any sense? Please analyze.
    That's what I have for now. PM me if you really want to discuss it.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At one point or another, you have mistyped yourself, your mother, God knows if anyone else, therefore, I cannot verify the typing of this alleged SLI with an opinion of my own or comment on your description of this occurence with absolute certainty.
    Why would you need to verify that he is SLI? You can base your opinion/conclusion on the interaction I described. Anyway, he is a self-typed SLI. :tongue:
    Tbh, you've described Ti mobilizing quite well. If you really believe you are IEI then fine, just don't come running back to me for more cyber sex.

We're over, Sirena.
    Ha! So I've finally convinced you? hehe But don't worry, you'll always have a special place...in my computer.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Right, well I think anyone should want to understand the "why" behind an idea. It's not as if Te-seeking types simply want a bunch of facts thrown at them with no conceptual understanding; it's just that the nature of the logical structure they give to their ideas will always have a ostensibly causal direction to it -- "ok, so we have this and it affects these two variables like this, and they compound into this more general notion," etc. etc. Ti is more about finding those overriding effects and working back to the core causes -- "so, there is this variable, and it relates to these several others in this manner, thus the relationship between them can be summated as," etc. etc.
    Yeah this makes sense. That's pretty much what I meant.

That's interesting. I think there will be this frustration between types who don't value the same "T" function in general, but it is frequent that a Ti-valuer will feel unfulfilled when trying to get certain questions answered by a Te-valuer, because there never seems to be any overall structure illustrated. But, I also know that my delta parents can get frustrated when I give them overly-truncated answers to questions, because it isn't "thorough" enough for them, so it goes both ways.
    That's how I feel when talking to SLIs, for instance. I keep trying to get them to put everything into structure. It does seem scattered and unfocused. Like "okay, now what the fuck does that have to do with anything." It gives me a headache because I am forced to structure it on my own and I'm not very confident about putting it all together myself.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you elaborate?
    That's the thing which -HA -PoLR persons often do. Please elaborate,elaborate,elaborate,elaborate,elaborate, elaborate,elaborate, elaborate, elaborate,elaborate,elaborate,elaborate,elaborate, elaborate,elaborate...ad infinitum. As far as I'm concerned, I just had enough of elaboration. Have a nice day.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the thing which -HA -PoLR persons often do. Please elaborate,elaborate,elaborate,elaborate,elaborate, elaborate,elaborate, elaborate, elaborate,elaborate,elaborate,elaborate,elaborate, elaborate,elaborate...ad infinitum. As far as I'm concerned, I just had enough of elaboration. Have a nice day.
    Wow you're an ass (just an opinion). Unless you want me to elaborate.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow you're an ass (just an opinion). Unless you want me to elaborate.
    Haha, no need. I'm not an ass. It's just these forums don't transfer well the tone in which something was written, nor do I know how to express myself properly.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, no need. I'm not an ass. It's just these forums don't transfer well the tone in which something was written, nor do I know how to express myself properly.
    okay, now i feel like an ass

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, now i feel like an ass
    Stop it right now.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop it right now.
    lol

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Hmm... I like thorough answers, I think...? I hate if I am fed information I can't use to form new conclusions. Could you explain more what you mean here?
    Yeah. Anyone should seek a thorough answer to a problem. My point was that, the determination of what is thorough will depend on the valued elements of the people involved.

Example:
    I just asked you a question, and my goal is to understand what you said "to my core", so that I have a "feel" for it, and can recognize Ti/Te later, for example if I try to type others, etc. Would this way of thinking be more typical for a Te HA or Ti HA, and why?
    I think it's typical for any person who cares about understanding an idea. Te/Ti will just determine the manner in which they need it to be presented for it to be deemed "thorough," "complete," etc.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request