TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Going to the Socionics Institute

Hey all,

I am traveling the world this Spring/Summer and one of the places I am going is Kiev, Ukraine. I know it's been crazy over there with all the stuff going on, but I am planning on going to the Socionics Institute there while I am in Kiev. If there is anything you guys would like me to request or information you'd want to know let me know. Also, if you all have some advice let me know too. This trip is going to be crazy.
    Last edited by Kim; 10-10-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

you're pretty brave to be traveling to Kiev right about now

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

also, this tourism website boasts an impressive list of 355 things to do in Kiev. i guarantee visiting the Socionics Institute is not one of them. why are you wasting a perfectly good vacation?

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "socionics institute" is in the one with the most roof.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been planning to go around the world for 6 years now. Joined the Navy and got to see a bunch, but I like to be on a pursuit for knowledge and see how humanity works. I will be doing other stuff too. I am going to be going all around Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia.....then graduate school in the fall. I'd like to apply socionics in business dynamics.

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus I think any information I can bring back to you guys that you'll find important and analyze it. I like to go get that new information and bring it to people.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just curious how legit the Socionics Institute is... wondering if it's weird, cult-like or a serious, well-recognized entity...

Let us know!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is that it does appear to be in a residential building: https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place...2155f1f00d9a04

Ahaha.

How sweet. Transkar, maybe a nice Ukrainian guy will invite you in for tea.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The following is information I'd like to see... Whats socionists stance on physiognomy? Do socionists know of NPA theory and if not - care to introduce them to it? What scientific grounding for socionics have they built - if any? Where in eastern Europe is socionics most popular? Does it vary a lot by country and region? How about city vs town? And young vs old? I've heard they teach socionics in Lithuanian schools - is that true, and is it mandatory? Does that go for other eastern European countries too? Finally, is there anywhere in western Europe where popularity and knowledge of socionics even comes close to eastern levels?
    Last edited by kopyk; 02-25-2014 at 05:22 AM.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I'm just curious how legit the Socionics Institute is... wondering if it's weird, cult-like or a serious, well-recognized entity...
    I'm thinking it's just a collection of crackpots, like an Intelligent Design thinktank or something. An inactive poster named Jarno linked the website once, and it looked basically like a degree mill that self-publishes its own journals without any rigorous vetting of the researchers, any clear delineations of methodology, data reproducibility, or falsification. Pseudoscience gone rampant.
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 12-06-2016 at 10:13 PM.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Say you want to pay them in gold and silver bullion to come back to the US with you.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transkar View Post
    Hey all,

I am traveling the world this Spring/Summer and one of the places I am going is Kiev, Ukraine. I know it's been crazy over there with all the stuff going on, but I am planning on going to the Socionics Institute there while I am in Kiev. If there is anything you guys would like me to request or information you'd want to know let me know. Also, if you all have some advice let me know too. This trip is going to be crazy.

I think it would be very helpful to ask them for any translations they have on any of their literature, also if they have a good translator...maybe they could join a uk socionics google hang out ... i think it's do-able. I'd also like to find out how dogmatic they are regarding socionics, weather they push for it as an actual science, how far their studies have taken them. I have heard rumours that in Russia they believe it is all genetic i.e you get your type from your parents... I'd like to find out if that a general consensus and how it is worked out if so.

I have lots more questions, thats just a few ideas that came to mind, I'll think on it some more.

Do you speak Russian?
    Last edited by Kim; 10-10-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    I'm thinking it's just a collection of crackpots, like an Intelligent Design thinktank or something. An inactive poster named Jarno linked the website once, and it looked basically like a degree mill that self-publishes it's own journals without any rigorous vetting of the researchers, any clear delineations of methodology, data reproducibility, or falsification. Pseudoscience gone rampant.
    Socionics is a legacy of samizdat so it's certainly academically not well established structurally either academically or as a consulting tool, unlike MBTI in the states. This was illegal censored research once upon a time. However, it's that very nature why this site exists and other individual still promote this topic and seek to advance it in other ways because well it could use a bit more rigorous vetting and analysis.

IMO the basis and reason to explain some diversity of personality in socionics is very valid philosophically, which is not the same as scientifically. As a product of information metabolism, differentiation of information within the psyche, and preference in these differentiated information elements, it is hard to deny these process occurring in every day life and activity.

As far as verification of this model, I know of at current at least 1 AI projects which uses a information differentiation model that divides information into conscious and unconscious as well as information into specialized tasks which roughly align with concepts such as sensing, logic(this one is obvious), ethics and intuition. Almost every single AI model has some differentiation of logic and ethics as this is the core difference between a AI and human emotion which is seen as a very important difference.

It's highly unlikely that simulation of human intelligence AI's will ever be built without a model of the conscious/unconscious, the ability to process sensory information, processing components which tackles logical and ethical components of everyday reality. Also the ability to comprehend complex non-dividable topics which defy both sense and reason which can be called intuition.

How to take a topic like socionics out of it's samizdat legacy is something that I am still interested in even if imo a good portion of socionic societies are crackpots.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hey all,

Isn't gulenko's humanitarian socionics also in Kiev?
    Last edited by Kim; 10-10-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also, if you all have some advice let me know too.
    Watch out for flying bricks.
    Last edited by Kim; 10-10-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    Hey Tony,

I think it would be very helpful to ask them for any translations they have on any of their literature, also if they have a good translator...maybe they could join a uk socionics google hang out ... i think it's do-able. I'd also like to find out how dogmatic they are regarding socionics, weather they push for it as an actual science, how far their studies have taken them. I have heard rumours that in Russia they believe it is all genetic i.e you get your type from your parents... I'd like to find out if that a general consensus and how it is worked out if so.

I have lots more questions, thats just a few ideas that came to mind, I'll think on it some more.

Do you speak Russian?
    I can read their alphabet but I only know a little Russian. I imagine I'll pick it up as I am in Eastern Europe...translating shouldnt be a problem, I have a lot of translators on my phone I am going to use. I will also be picking up any materials that they can give me. I imagine they will have somebody there that can also speak English, if not I can hire a translator to help me out a bit.

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Socionics is a legacy of samizdat so it's certainly academically not well established structurally either academically or as a consulting tool, unlike MBTI in the states. This was illegal censored research once upon a time. However, it's that very nature why this site exists and other individual still promote this topic and seek to advance it in other ways because well it could use a bit more rigorous vetting and analysis.

IMO the basis and reason to explain some diversity of personality in socionics is very valid philosophically, which is not the same as scientifically. As a product of information metabolism, differentiation of information within the psyche, and preference in these differentiated information elements, it is hard to deny these process occurring in every day life and activity.

As far as verification of this model, I know of at current at least 1 AI projects which uses a information differentiation model that divides information into conscious and unconscious as well as information into specialized tasks which roughly align with concepts such as sensing, logic(this one is obvious), ethics and intuition. Almost every single AI model has some differentiation of logic and ethics as this is the core difference between a AI and human emotion which is seen as a very important difference.

It's highly unlikely that simulation of human intelligence AI's will ever be built without a model of the conscious/unconscious, the ability to process sensory information, processing components which tackles logical and ethical components of everyday reality. Also the ability to comprehend complex non-dividable topics which defy both sense and reason which can be called intuition.

How to take a topic like socionics out of it's samizdat legacy is something that I am still interested in even if imo a good portion of socionic societies are crackpots.
    You make a very good point here on the integration of cognitive functions into everyday life. This will likely have to happen with the development of personalities related to artificial intelligence.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is different than Russian. The alphabet as well.

Banned
    TIM
    Enneagram 8
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    It is different than Russian. The alphabet as well.
    You're right. But them being a former satellite state the older ones most likely know Russian as a second language.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're right. But them being a former satellite state the older ones most likely know Russian as a second language.
    They do. Especially Crimea...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking it's just a collection of crackpots, like an Intelligent Design thinktank or something. An inactive poster named Jarno linked the website once, and it looked basically like a degree mill that self-publishes it's own journals without any rigorous vetting of the researchers, any clear delineations of methodology, data reproducibility, or falsification. Pseudoscience gone rampant.
    Yeah I figured...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ask Gulenko about material on dual types!
    @hkkmr: name of this AI project?

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am considering to travel to that part of the world myself. To attend one of the training sessions - I want to see how they do it and in what format. Gulenko is the legend, yes. Wonderful LII! Please say "hi from elenka".

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're pretty brave to be traveling to Kiev right about now
    I was under the assumption that the protests had ceased as Yanukowich was dethroned?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I was under the assumption that the protests had ceased as Yanukowich was dethroned?
    I just figured shit was unstable, I haven't heard anything terribly recent. By the time he's planning to visit, things are likely to have settled.

Creepy-bg

don't get Hosteled if Bukalov shows you noods on his phone of hot serbian girls from the town next door, run!
    Last edited by bg; 02-26-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ath View Post
    Ask Gulenko about material on dual types!
    @hkkmr: name of this AI project?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CLARION

There are also many other AI models which only do logic, intuition or other information processing, this is one that has a unconscious and conscious split as well as 4 splits in the type of information.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am going to see the wizard.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Transkar, introduce the socionists to what hkkmr posted!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CLARION

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess he never went there

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    I guess he never went there
    Maybe he didn't live to tell about it.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Maybe he didn't live to tell about it.
    He is still alive, he posts in Joy's Facebook group. Perhaps someone should ask him over there.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
    If there is anything you guys would like me to request or information you'd want to know let me know.
    what's the latest info on subtypes.