Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Personality and Iris Patterns

Creepy-Decoy

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    nigga, you trippin. be matchin our eyes up, not be playin foo.
    you be all scrub like. i don't want no scrubs. a scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.
    I got no love for the fallacies,do you know what i am saying?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Your eye looks like a "Pure" Flower to me.
    Aka no secondary type.
    Agreed

Stream!
    The purest stream.

Quote Originally Posted by oldwhiskey View Post

I'm actually not sure what mine are. Open to ideas.
    Dude, yeah I can't tell. Your pattern does not appear to be human. They look like dark olive green with some dark brown. What color do you describe them as?

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    This was the best photo I could take. Stream I reckon.

Your darker amber color is the closest match to mine in darker conditions. My pics all tend to turn out like this so I can't see the patterns. I am still looking for someone to take a pic with a better camera than my phone has.

I had my friend (with the 20/20) vision look at my eyes again today. I had to bug him to do it. hahah In the light he says it is more stream-jewel. He also describes my color in bright light to be "sandstone" around the center. I was confused as to what sandstone color is so I made him find an image. Apparently in the light my eyes are closest to these two colors with brown and gold "jewels".

and

At this point I am more interested in everyone's eye color more than personality. I guess I am always going to have to call mine hazel since that is the only box left to check.

Like I said before everyone has such beautiful patterns here and the colors too.

@Persephone your presentation. <3

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    I got no love for the fallacies,do you know what i am saying?
    Is that Ne-way to talk about things of such an important nature.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Flower stream
    Seems to be a common pattern here.

I've checked the eyes of my immediate family.
    All of us are Flower-dominant. My father and I have got a slightly stronger Stream component. (We both are the brown-eyed ones; aka I got his eyes so to speak, haha.)

That made me wonder: Perhaps we actually date/marry someone who has got the same iris pattern, not the opposite one as the theory suggests.

To figure this out, everyone would have to look at the eyes of their partner/exes and determine their iris pattern, too...
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Creepy-Decoy

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to be a common pattern here.

I've checked the eyes of my immediate family.
    All of us are Flower-dominant. My father and I have got a slightly stronger Stream component. (We both are the brown-eyed ones; aka I got his eyes so to speak, haha.)

That made me wonder: Perhaps we actually date/marry someone who has got the same iris pattern, not the opposite one as the theory suggests.

To figure this out, everyone would have to look at the eyes of their partner/exes and determine their iris pattern, too...
    Well, doesn't it have to have a primary and secondary type? Lol

Actually, I think it has to do with the opposite sex parent and your relationship with them. I love my mom and think highly of her, and we have the same color eyes, and blue/green eyes weird me out. Dad has green eyes and I don't like them, but have similarly equal relationship with him. Primary ex has brown eyes, biological parents have brown eyes, she has an Fd relationship with her parents, loves green eyes, and wears colored contacts to make hers green.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Well, doesn't it have to have a primary and secondary type? Lol

Actually, I think it has to do with the opposite sex parent and your relationship with them. I love my mom and think highly of her, and we have the same color eyes, and blue/green eyes weird me out. Dad has green eyes and I don't like them, but have similarly equal relationship with him. Primary ex has brown eyes, biological parents have brown eyes, she has an Fd relationship with her parents, loves green eyes, and wears colored contacts to make hers green.
    I've got almost the exact same eyes as my Dad, and our relation is probably the worst (hello Conflict haha).

Anyhow, the iris pattern has nothing to do with eye colour... As I have said, my immediate family has Flower eyes, and we've got brown and green-blue eyes...

For the sake of this thread and the whole iris pattern thing, I am interested in knowing what kind of iris pattern people match up with each other... My initial theory was Flower-Flower, Stream-Stream, Jewel-Jewel, Shaker-Shaker (or possibly with any iris pattern, because Shaker combines two traits of strings).

Given we date/marry someone who has similar DNA to ours, it would make sense for us to pair up with someone who has got the same iris pattern...

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    What is your secret to properly photograph your own eye? If it is a great camera then I am out of luck.
    I'm not sure what's important, I took this photo with a relatively simple compact camera a while ago. You mostly need good lighting and a steady hand.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Looks flower to me?
    Looks like a Flower(-Shaker) to me.
    Both Shaker and Jewel have visible dots. I don't see any distinct ones in this pic.
    After looking at many different eyes in the past two days and watching a couple youtube videos I have a way better idea of what the flecks and dots look like in a variety of different people. Like I can see it in persephone's eyes even though there are not many she does have jewels. All the eyes in the op seem to be their example of pure types? I think Pa3s does resemble shaker more than flower but I guess I don't really have the greatest eye for detail. I saw dots where there might not have been any. It could be flower. I just can't say what I am seeing. There is something about it that stands out but not sure what it is.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got almost the exact same eyes as my Dad, and our relation is probably the worst (hello Conflict haha).

Anyhow, the iris pattern has nothing to do with eye colour... As I have said, my immediate family has Flower eyes, and we've got brown and green-blue eyes...

For the sake of this thread and the whole iris pattern thing, I am interested in knowing what kind of iris pattern people match up with each other... My initial theory was Flower-Flower, Stream-Stream, Jewel-Jewel, Shaker-Shaker (or possibly with any iris pattern, because Shaker combines two traits of strings).

Given we date/marry someone who has similar DNA to ours, it would make sense for us to pair up with someone who has got the same iris pattern...
    I can pester my ex to stare at her eyeballs next time I see her lol, but she almost always wears contacts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After looking at many different eyes in the past two days and watching a couple youtube videos I have a way better idea of what the flecks and dots look like in a variety of different people. Like I can see it in persephone's eyes even though there are not many she does have jewels. All the eyes in the op seem to be their example of pure types? I think Pa3s does resemble shaker more than flower but I guess I don't really have the greatest eye for detail. I saw dots where there might not have been any. It could be flower. I just can't say what I am seeing. There is something about it that stands out but not sure what it is.
    The flecks and dots look like a weird disease to me or something. I recall seeing very flowery irises before, but don't ever recall seeing flecks and dots.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The flecks and dots look like a weird disease to me or something. I recall seeing very flowery irises before, but don't ever recall seeing flecks and dots.
    I was friends with a girl who had dots in her eyes in middle school. I remember looking into them in the sunlight... It was her birthday, we were celebrating it in her garden, it was a nice summer's day...

Anyways, her eyes were likely either Jewel or Shaker dominant. Really pretty. ^_^

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldwhiskey View Post

I'm actually not sure what mine are. Open to ideas.
    Jewel because of a double ring
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was friends with a girl who had dots in her eyes in middle school. I remember looking into them in the sunlight... It was her birthday, we were celebrating it in her garden, it was a nice summer's day...

Anyways, her eyes were likely either Jewel or Shaker dominant. Really pretty. ^_^
    Giggitty lol

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think this is typical of a stream-jewel eye and it matches my pattern pretty well. Never seen anyone irl with those leopard type spots in my op but you have to remember those images are probably taken with some very sensitive eye camera that really captures everything. The part around the pupil here is pretty much the color around my pupil but then outside of that is the amber color (instead of green that you see here) and my jewels are more like this. The whites of this person's eyes do not resemble mine at all and I can't see any white at the top or bottom of my iris. This person does look a bit diseased but mostly because of the white part.

I have everyone here in my room looking at each other's eyes now. hahah My IEI brother has dark brown eyes and they look all stream to everyone. My mother's eyes look very similar to @Anglas pattern and color. My friend with the 20/20 has eyes very similar to @bg but his are a bit lighter. He identifies his pattern as pure flower too btw.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is typical of a stream-jewel eye and it matches my pattern pretty well. Never seen anyone irl with those leopard type spots in my op but you have to remember those images are probably taken with some very sensitive eye camera that really captures everything. The part around the pupil here is pretty much the color around my pupil but then outside of that is the amber color (instead of green that you see here) and my jewels are more like this. The whites of this person's eyes do not resemble mine at all and I can't see any white at the top or bottom of my iris. This person does look a bit diseased but mostly because of the white part.

I have everyone here in my room looking at each other's eyes now. hahah My IEI brother has dark brown eyes and they look all stream to everyone. My mothers eyes look very similar to @Anglas pattern and color. My friend with the 20/20 has eyes very similar to @bg but his are a bit lighter. He identifies his pattern as pure flower too btw.
    Yeah, but I've looked at a lot of peoples eyes at intimate distance and don't recall ever seeing freckles lol. What I captured in my pics was as close as my camera goes, but I could still see it easier with my bare eyes lol.

Those look like actual freckles, just on the eyeball.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah, but I've looked at a lot of peoples eyes at intimate distance and don't recall ever seeing freckles lol. What I captured in my pics was as close as my camera goes, but I could still see it easier with my bare eyes lol.

Those look like actual freckles, just on the eyeball.
    hahah It is kind of weird to call them freckles. No one in my family has freckles on their faces or body (including me) and so far no one else has jewels. I guess I can message them on skype and ask for pics.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah It is kind of weird to call them freckles. No one in my family has freckles on their faces or body (including me) and so far no one else has jewels. I guess I can message them on skype and ask for pics.
    So begins a new hobby of awkwardly and directly asking strangers to get really close and stare at their eyeballs...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

So begins a new hobby of awkwardly and directly asking strangers to get really close and stare at their eyeballs...
    I don't like getting that close to strangers.

This whole eye thing really interests me because of my recent eye allergy that left me functionally blind (half the day) for a couple weeks because I could not open them for long and any light just forced them closed. It started a couple of months ago but I didn't see the eye doctor until I could no longer see except through squinted eyes. I got drops from the doctor and I am fine now but I was plotting my escape from this world if it was a serious permanent thing. :/

I will no longer take my eyes for granted.

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are the closest to my eyes, color scheme wise,that I've seen in this this thread so far except mine have less brown and more blue/green. I have never known exactly what color to call my eyes. I can't tell if i have the spots like this person, but I don't think I do. Otherwise, the pattern is the same.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flower stream
    hmm.. I think my eyes just look flower because of the low quality image and the fact that they are sort of multi-colored. If they do have the flower pattern then it is very subtle. That said, they don't look much like stream either. I'm inclined to say shaker just because they look like the example given in the OP but they seem to lack the dots.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    hmm.. I think my eyes just look flower because of the low quality image and the fact that they are sort of multi-colored. If they do have the flower pattern then it is very subtle. That said, they don't look much like stream either. I'm inclined to say shaker just because they look like the example given in the OP but they seem to lack the dots.
    Wouldn't that just be 50/50 flower/stream?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't that just be 50/50 flower/stream?
    well... the flower pattern is missing too.... actually, they are not that similar to the one in the OP. The one that i quoted of aylen's is what it looks like pattern-wise, minus the dots.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... the flower pattern is missing too.... actually, they are not that similar to the one in the OP. The one that i quoted of aylen's is what it looks like pattern-wise, minus the dots.
    Well, the article says jewel and shaker both have to have dots, so your pair would have to be flower/stream.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

These are the closest to my eyes, color scheme wise,that I've seen in this this thread so far except mine have less brown and more blue/green. I have never known exactly what color to call my eyes. I can't tell if i have the spots like this person, but I don't think I do. Otherwise, the pattern is the same.
    I can see exactly what you mean when I went back and compared your eyes to this pic. It's like starburst eyes. I think when the eye is more uniform in color it is easy to see the pattern. I specifically see stream in your eyes though but can't tell if you have any secondary pattern.

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is typical of a stream-jewel eye and it matches my pattern pretty well. Never seen anyone irl with those leopard type spots in my op but you have to remember those images are probably taken with some very sensitive eye camera that really captures everything.
    those are really similar to my eyes. i now think i can get a good picture on my phone if i'm in the sun but haven't had time yet. i do have the specks/spots in my eyes and they are easily noticeable.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

flower/stream

stupid system but vain and fun

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post

flower/stream

are you tired?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I remember seeing an iris thread years ago. That's when I learned that blotchy irises were common. Mine are stream, but I re-checked. They're mostly just brown. No noticeable pattern, except for a thick, dark rim.

I saw the rim last time I looked too, and it's always been there. But it seemed like it's gotten thicker. So I took some pictures of it with my webcam and cropped out the eyes from some older pictures.

What do you think? Is my rim thickening, or is it my imagination?
    When I look at my eyes very closely in a mirror right beside a lamp, I see a chocolate-colored splotch right beside the pupil, then a greyish area, then a solid dark brown rim. And I don't remember the middle area being there before...it's like the rim is swallowing up my eye.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think these are the best i can do. they're the same eye, it's just different light can change their color.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You are stream DA
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You are stream DA
    it looks like there are specks in the 2010 one? i don't know if the ring is getting bigger... it's small and out of focus.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I remember seeing an iris thread years ago. That's when I learned that blotchy irises were common. Mine are stream, but I re-checked. They're mostly just brown. No noticeable pattern, except for a thick, dark rim.

I saw the rim last time I looked too, and it's always been there. But it seemed like it's gotten thicker. So I took some pictures of it with my webcam and cropped out the eyes from some older pictures.

What do you think? Is my rim thickening, or is it my imagination?
    When I look at my eyes very closely in a mirror right beside a lamp, I see a chocolate-colored splotch right beside the pupil, then a greyish area, then a solid dark brown rim. And I don't remember the middle area being there before...it's like the rim is swallowing up my eye.
    You really need to go see an optometrist. That's definitely something to be concerned about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post

flower/stream

There's a freckle at the top right?

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i think these are the best i can do. they're the same eye, it's just different light can change their color.

Jewel/stream.

Is that you in your avatar? I swear you look Asian lol.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that you in your avatar? I swear you look Asian lol.
    it's from a movie - and i photoshopped it a lot.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Default Random eye info

The subject of genetics of eye color is a bit complicated, and thereby, difficult to grasp. The eye color chart given in this article provides information about the different eye colors along with associated shades.

Quick Fact!

In research conducted by a team led by Manfred Kayser from the Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam (Holland), three loci of genes have been observed as determinants of eye color. One of them is the Lysosomal trafficking regulator (LYST) gene. These three loci have enabled researchers in explaining the reasons underlying the variations in eye colors with an accuracy up to 50%.

The color of the eyes, or specifically the iris, is determined by different pigments and gets expressed as a phenotypic character. The different natural eye colors are brown, gray, green, amber, red, hazel and blue. All these colors can be found on the 'Martin-Schultz scale'. According to researchers working in this field, no two eyes in the world have the same shade. It is therefore, quite difficult to determine the exact color of eyes by making use of a color chart.

Human Eye Color Chart

The chart for human eye color presented below is used to classify the colors of the eyes in categories like light, mixed and dark. This classification is carried out on the basis of the Martin-Schultz scale. Eye color in babies having European origin is light blue. As the child grows up, changes in this color start to occur.

Eye Color Description

Light Eyes Light eyes are classified as 'Light' and 'Light-mixed'. The shades of eye color that are grouped in the 'Light' category include blue, green and gray. 'Light Mixed' eyes are further classified as 'light-mixed' and 'very light-mixed'. Very light-mixed eyes are described as those in which blue is mixed with green or gray. Another combination of very light-mixed is that of green with gray. The 'light-mixed' type is one where a brown shade is mixed with different shades of very light-mixed.

Mixed Eyes In this type, a brown pigment gets mixed with different shades like green, gray and blue. It means the combination of light eyes and brown eyes can be observed. The degree of brown and light pigments is found to be the same in mixed eyes.

Dark Eyes Dark eyes are classified as 'dark mixed' and 'dark'. Dark-mixed eyes have a color which is formed by the mixture of brown pigment and small amounts of light colors. The eye color tagged as 'dark' is formed by a combination of light brown and dark brown. Mixture of these shades makes the eyes appear almost black in color.

Different Eye Colors
    Most eye color shades are variants of the colors mentioned below. Here is more on these base colors of the iris of eyes.

Brown Eyes: Amber and hazel eyes are variants of brown eye color. Brown is the most common eye color observed in people. However, this color is rarely found in Iceland and the neighboring regions.

Green Eyes: Such type of eyes are characterized by low melanin content. Green eyes are generally associated with people having red hair.

Blue Eyes: The color of blue eyes is not because of any blue pigment. In fact, the iris pigment epithelium is dark brown owing to the high melanin content. Stroma of the iris in blue eyes contains lesser amount of melanin.

Eye Color Paternity Test

The theory about the eye color inheritance chart dates back to 1800s, and therefore is not a very reliable tool to predict paternity. This test is based on the assumption that children of people with light-colored eyes cannot have dark-colored eyes.
    If one of the parents has 'blue-green' eyes and the other has 'light brown eyes', it is possible that their children have any of the eye colors (from light brown to blue).
    If both parents have blue eyes, their children can only have blue or green eyes (i.e. the lighter shades).
    If both the parents have dark brown eyes, then their children may have any color eyes (but they are unlikely to have light colored eyes like blue). However, this test should not be used as a tool to check paternity of a child, as the eye color is known to have a polygenetic inheritance pattern i.e., many genes govern the color of eyes.

Interesting Facts about Eye Colors

Here are some interesting facts about the patterns of eye colors observed in humans.
    Green eye color is found only in 2% human population and is therefore, considered as rare.
    Turkey is the country with highest population of green-eyed people. Twenty percent of their population has green eyes.
    In few countries of the continents of South America, Asia and Middle East, green eyes are a rarity.
    Blue eyes are commonly observed in people from Northern Europe, specifically people living in regions surrounding the Baltic Sea.
    The most common eye color is brown.

Eye Color Genetics

Genes are the fundamental units of heredity and therefore they determine the genetic makeup of a person and the traits exhibited by him/her. A gene has two alleles, the dominant allele which is 'expressed' phenotypically and the recessive one which gets suppressed. The study of human genetics which determines the eye color is quite complicated. Some studies suggest that we have two genes, HERC2 and gey, which are responsible for the eye color. The former has two variations, brown and blue, and the latter also has two variations, blue and green. A person has two copies of each of these genes, and the color of eyes depends on the dominant one. If you have brown version of the HERC2, then you will have brown eyes irrespective of what gey you have. If you have blue version of HERC2 and green version of gey, then you will have green eyes. If you have blue version of both the genes, then you will have blue eyes. It means that a person has the eye color of the dominant allele.

Therefore, it is difficult to make any predictions about a baby's eye color on the basis of parents' eye color. There is no single gene which determines the color of the iris; also
    there is no specific trend or pattern which determines the inheritance of eye color. The degree of melanin found in the eyes and its distribution are the factors which decide the color of the eyes. The melanin pigment is lesser in blue eyes as compared to the brown ones. In a rare condition known as heterochromia, both eyes are a different color.

One important thing to remember about eye colors is that inheritance patterns cannot be set for them just like it is done for other characteristics/traits. Colored contact lenses available in the market remain the best means to change eye color, if desired.

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/eye-color-chart.html

I didn't know that there were true violet colored eyes. http://www.buzzle.com/articles/rare-eye-colors.html

and just because I like this guys articles.

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysi...s-to-the-soul/

YWIMW

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

What do you do when you are not blue nor grey nor green eyed? SHIT.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    What do you do when you are not blue nor grey nor green eyed? SHIT.
    Then you're probably brown eyed....

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad and his twin both have green eyes. No one else in the family does, though. Wonder if it will show up in their lineage at some point.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast