TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting type. I like her.

Breakdown of rationale?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Interesting type. I like her.

Breakdown of rationale?
    - logical
    - asking
    - sensing
    - negativist

That's about as detailed as it'll get, lol; I worked with a dude just like her and oddly enough he used to practice MMA (I used to tell him that he should get back into the octagon, but his excuse was "I'm married now and besides, I'm too fat"). I liked throwing "fake jabs" at him; he'd laugh and tell me he'd kick my ass, and then we'd stand around and tell jokes.

Notice how her body is always moving, how she's almost "buzzing" with energy. She's clearly good-natured, if a bit "rough-around-the-edges".

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longer version:

The line between quasi-identicals is a blurry one.

Having said that, xSTx, either ESTp, ISTj, ESTj.

This episode is the most revelling, I laughed when she "asked" her gay Bff to go back home for her belt @ 10:50.

Last edited by wacey; 03-19-2014 at 05:45 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way that she fights demands alot of priopreception, so Si makes sense to me. But the otherworldly skill she has in that department might push me to think ISTJ might not be inaccurate. Especially since negativist/positivist is the least apparent thing on there to me.

She's a pokemon fan, how endearing.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HereticWacey View Post
    +1 for emotivism

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way that she fights demands alot of priopreception, so Si makes sense to me.
    She is a fucking champion, just like her identical, Novak Djokovic:

But the otherworldly skill she has in that department might push me to think ISTJ might not be inaccurate.
    For comparison, here's LSI:

Especially since negativist/positivist is the least apparent thing on there to me.
    Figuratively speaking, if Positivists are shown the front side then they will be looking at the front side, while Negativists will try to look at its inverse. If this inverse is not readily apparent, they will start searching for it. Thus Negativists do not seek to present a "negative" or "pessimistic" view of things, but simply the inverse or the alternative one.
    Positivist types are more inclined to voice affirmative statements designed to point out contradictions, or depict the topics in an ironic or absurdist light in order to demonstrate their disbelief or critique something that they've found to be untrue; while criticisms delivered by Negativist types contains a higher proportion of negating, eliminating, or invalidating statements and propositions.

She's a pokemon fan, how endearing.
    lol I agree

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think this is all about Kenny?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Chesney View Post
    +1 for emotivism
    It wouldn't be the first time I've seen an LSE emotivist fall out of a chair while talking.

I love how she handles this douche bag.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think this is all about Kenny?
    Cesar Gracie = SLE

I think the interviewer started dropping some Fi toward the end there, and that's why Cesar was like, "screw you guys, I'm going home"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen an LSE emotivist fall out of a chair while talking.

I love how she handles this douche bag.

pretty sure that dude is SEI

Sensing his vulnerability, revisee is inclined to make attempts to escape this control, especially around other people: he one-ups the auditor, tries to argue with him, gives him orders.
    Supervisee tries to resist and even to fight back: puts on a show of deliberate crudeness, orders the Supervisor around, gives him assignments. Things may even progress to use of physical force. In this manner, Supervisee can create a lot of problems for the Supervisor, but the effect in the opposite direction is much more devastating.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 3279 Attachment 3280 Julie Stiles can play her in the movie.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 3279 Attachment 3280 Julie Stiles can play her in the movie.
    lol she'd have to bulk up a little bit beforehand, but I agree

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is a fucking champion
    An exceptional amount of priopreception, even amongst the elite athletes that are her peers. I mean, you could have an Ni-Ego champion like Jose Aldo, or possibly Georges St. Pierre, and they have different attributes that make them champion. The fighters known for their ability(among their peers) to understand movement in relation to another object and the distance quandaries that come with have typically been strong in Si.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to see how the Te-base comes through here in her vids. Where are you seeing it?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm trying to see how the Te-base comes through here in her vids. Where are you seeing it?
    because she's all about "what things do"

"why do you think I do things like the ESPN body issue" - > "that's why I do what I do, young padawan"
    "see, that's a really good way to say it" - > "see, that's a really good way to do it"
    "why couldn't you say it tactfully the first time" - > "why didn't you do it that way"

Sidenote: remove "Xy-base" from your vocabulary; positivism/negativism is how I distinguish between mirror types. I would just ask, "where do you see Te?"

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The third tier reinin dichotomies are not reliable in the least. I've been doing this for over 7 years, trust me. The only ones worth paying atten to are the Jung's ones.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The third tier reinin dichotomies are not reliable in the least. I've been doing this for over 7 years, trust me. The only ones worth paying atten to are the Jung's ones.
    lol no way. Positivism/negativism is one of the easiest traits to spot. And I don't care how long you've been at this for (I don't value Ni, after all).

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol no way. Positivism/negativism is one of the easiest traits to spot. And I don't care how long you've been at this for (I don't value Ni, after all).
    You are so predictable. I wrote how long I had been at it to see if you are a paint by numbers sociotyper cause its such an obvious connection: amount of time equals Ni.

Apparently you can dish it, but you can't take it. example: remove "Xy-base" from your vocabulary; positivism/negativism is how I distinguish between mirror types. I would just ask, "where do you see Te?".

"Where do you see Te?" In lots of sociotypes, the creative Te's, the Role function Te's, the poLr Te's. SO you tell me, how exactly does Te manifest in a Te-dom? Cause yes, that's kind of is a good question.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are so predictable. I wrote how long I had been at it to see if you are a paint by numbers sociotyper cause its such an obvious connection: amount of time equals Ni.
    lol, a "paint-by-numbers sociotyper" is the last thing I am; if I really were that, then I don't think my typings would be so wildly different from everybody else's. I associate "history" and "time" with Ni because I've observed it to be the case.

Apparently you can dish it, but you can't take it.
    wat

"Where do you see Te?" In lots of sociotypes, the creative Te's
    duh

the Role function Te's
    Role function "notices but can't name".

the poLr Te's.
    PoLR function "neither notices nor names".

SO you tell me, how exactly does Te manifest in a Te-dom? Cause yes, that's kind of is a good question.[/COLOR]
    The same way it does in a Te-creative: "noticing and naming" "what things do".

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she looks pretty LSI. the Julia Stiles comparison is spot on.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    she looks pretty LSI. the Julia Stiles comparison is spot on.
    how does she "look pretty LSI"? did you watch the Phil Robertson video? how are those two anything alike?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how does she "look pretty LSI"? did you watch the Phil Robertson video? how are those two anything alike?
    who, the duck guy? i have no idea why you're using him as a comparison in the first place; different gender, age, profession, and background. why would they be anything alike?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who, the duck guy?
    Yes, he is LSI.

i have no idea why you're using him as a comparison in the first place
    Because he is LSI.

different gender, age, profession, and background.
    so? if they're the same type then there will be similarities in their behavior

why would they be anything alike?
    again, if they're the same type then there will be similarities in their behavior

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he is LSI.

Because he is LSI.
    dunno, i have nothing but your word to go off of.

so? if they're the same type then there will be similarities in their behavior

again, if they're the same type then there will be similarities in their behavior
    sure but there are so many other factors involved that it's not very smart to use him as a basis for type comparison. you can't easily delineate relevant and irrelevant factors. age, gender, background etc play a huge role in shaping one's personality and it affects how a person interacts with the world. type isn't the only thing that matters.

basically all i'm saying is, if you want a fair comparison, pick a better examples (female LSE and female LSI) to make a point.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because she's all about "what things do"

"why do you think I do things like the ESPN body issue" - > "that's why I do what I do, young padawan"
    "see, that's a really good way to say it" - > "see, that's a really good way to do it"
    "why couldn't you say it tactfully the first time" - > "why didn't you do it that way"

Sidenote: remove "Xy-base" from your vocabulary; positivism/negativism is how I distinguish between mirror types. I would just ask, "where do you see Te?"
    wasn't she typed as one of the Beta ST benchmarks? after watching the videos in this thread i gotta agree, she is too direct and in your face for any Si types

applying your force to objects in order to do something with them is called volitional sensing, Se

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nevero View Post
    wasn't she typed as one of the Beta ST benchmarks? after watching the videos in this thread i gotta agree, she is too direct and in your face for any Si types

applying your force to objects in order to do something with them is called volitional sensing, Se
    1. Se is merely perception of the explicit and static properties of objects; if I say, "you have a bulbous nose", I'm using Se.
    2. LSE is as strong in Se as they are in Te.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dunno, i have nothing but your word to go off of.
    or you could just watch the video and realize that it's true

age, gender, background etc play a huge role in shaping one's personality
    but they don't play nearly as big of a role in determining behavior as does a person's "type" or "nature" or "essence"

and it affects how a person interacts with the world.
    sure, but "type" or "nature" or "essence" is what determines what your world will be

type isn't the only thing that matters.
    maybe, but it's definitely the most important part; it comes before any experience; everything "filters" through it

basically all i'm saying is, if you want a fair comparison, pick a better examples (female LSE and female LSI) to make a point.
    gender doesn't matter if you have a keen enough eye

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or you could just watch the video and realize that it's true
    i did and i have no opinion. maybe you can convince me for why he's LSI and make a case for it rather than being lazy and assuming everyone should believe you by default.

but they don't play nearly as big of a role in determining behavior as does a person's "type" or "nature" or "essence"
    sure, but "type" or "nature" or "essence" is what determines what your world will be
    maybe, but it's definitely the most important part; it comes before any experience; everything "filters" through it
    if that's what you think type is, then i guess we disagree on a fundamental level.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Se is merely perception of the explicit and static properties of objects; if I say, "you have a bulbous nose", I'm using Se.
    if it was merely perceptions it wouldn't be called volitional sensing, there is will and the need to exercise it, not only perception

if you have ever met someone with Se you would know that they don't just sit around observing static properties so your explanation sounds off base

2. LSE is as strong in Se as they are in Te.
    SLE, LSI, SLI all have strong Te as do all of the NT types, so why did you type her as LSE?
    I noticed HereticWacey has already asked this question but you haven't explained your choice

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did and i have no opinion. maybe you can convince me for why he's LSI and make a case for it rather than being lazy and assuming everyone should believe you by default.
    I think I'll just be lazy and assume that everyone will believe me; I know I'm right and I don't feel like making the effort.

if that's what you think type is, then i guess we disagree on a fundamental level.
    then what is a type?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'll just be lazy and assume that everyone will believe me; I know I'm right and I don't feel like making the effort.
    then don't make threads about it. :s or at least stop hounding other people for having opinions when you can't be arsed to justify your own position properly.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it was merely perceptions it wouldn't be called volitional sensing
    I'm not the one calling it volitional sensing, I'm merely calling it Se

there is will and the need to exercise it, not only perception
    perhaps the need to exercise it comes from the "explicitness" of the perception, i.e. "it is in plain sight, it is right there"; that's assuming that "will" and "the need to exercise it" have anything to do with Se

if you have ever met someone with Se you would know that they don't just sit around observing static properties so your explanation sounds off base
    did I claim that "all an Se-ego does is sit around and observe static properties"? no, I just said "Se is the perception of explicit and static properties of objects"

furthermore, "fighting in a cage for money and sport" =/= "having a strong will and imposing it on others in social situations"

SLE, LSI, SLI all have strong Te as do all of the NT types, so why did you type her as LSE?
    I noticed HereticWacey has already asked this question but you haven't explained your choice
    Reinin

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then don't make threads about it. :s or at least stop hounding other people for having opinions when you can't be arsed to justify your own position properly.
    what can be shown, cannot be said

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you would make for a good cult leader

"let me tell you something but give no logical explanation for it, you only need to have faith in me that I'm RIGHT"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you would make for a good cult leader

"let me tell you something but give no logical explanation for it, you only need to have faith in me that I'm RIGHT"
    Ti is my PoLR, dork; you're asking me to give you something that I'm incapable of giving

furthermore, I don't think "typing" is something that can be explained via logic; it is "intuitive" and "feeling-based"

don't fret, though; I'm sure neuroscience will eventually explain the mechanisms behind "types"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti is my PoLR, dork; you're asking me to give you something that I'm incapable of giving
    if you're IEE you still have Te and should be able to logically explain things that you see as any Te types are able to do it, you don't need Ti for this

putting effort into applying your Te has many advantages, without filtering what you "feel" through some logic you risk adopting too many irrational notions that won't get you anywhere

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you're IEE you still have Te and should be able to logically explain things that you see as any Te types are able to do it, you don't need Ti for this

putting effort into applying your Te has many advantages, without filtering what you "feel" through some logic you risk adopting too many irrational notions that won't get you anywhere
    that's fair. just remember that even Te is difficult for me, so "trying to explain myself logically" can get very tiring.

EDIT:
    also remember that Te-egos are just as strong in Ti as they are in Te; that is not the case for me, unfortunately
    Last edited by Olduvai; 03-20-2014 at 06:11 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh c'mon kenny, you know you're LSI

Do Shogun next! Shogun!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh c'mon kenny, you know you're LSI
    haha I love you, Pookie

Do Shogun next! Shogun!

you tell me! all I know is that he's a beast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast