Thread: Ron Paul's foreign policy summed up

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Ron Paul's foreign policy summed up.

Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder alot if these guys do mean what they say, but then when they get into office they learn new information which sways them to take back all their promises

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratPULSE View Post
    I wonder alot if these guys do mean what they say, but then when they get into office they learn new information which sways them to take back all their promises
    Good question.

Then again, you have to be pretty dubious to even get such a high ranking political position in government, let alone the presidency.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just find it hilarious that the entire history of the Republican party was based on a non-interventionism(minus a few bad eggs) platform and someone Ron Paul running on that same platform makes him an outlier and unrepublican. Democrats have always been the way more interventionist ideologically than the Republicans; and it's almost like most people have forgotten that. It's a really odd conundrum how everything got turned around.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hitta View Post
    I just find it hilarious that the entire history of the Republican party was based on a non-interventionism(minus a few bad eggs) platform and someone Ron Paul running on that same platform makes him an outlier and unrepublican. Democrats have always been the way more interventionist ideologically than the Republicans; and it's almost like most people have forgotten that. It's a really odd conundrum how everything got turned around.
    I'll tell you how it happened : 80% of Republican voters are gun toting trailer trash hicks from either New Hampshire or south of the Mason Dixon line, and when Saddam Hussein started talking shit, they made like they would have if he was all up in their fucking double wide and picked a fight.

The other 20% is split between the rich fucks who benefit from the tax cuts, and probably from the wars, and a small subsection of people like Ron Paul who actually have in mind the proper role of their party, which is to balance the Democrats' emphasis on social welfare with fiscal smarts, and generally support no such nonsense as global warmongering.
    Last edited by Gilly; 12-16-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think alien fear is at the root of it.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratPULSE View Post
    I think alien fear is at the root of it.
    Most people probably don't think about aliens, but it should be a quasi legitimate concern; at this point any life with the technology to reach our planet would likely wipe us out with ease, but it should be at least a second priority long term investment.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I'll tell you how it happened : 80% of Republican voters are gun toting trailer trash hicks from either New Hampshire or south of the Mason Dixon line, and when Saddam Hussein started talking shit, they made like they would have if he was all up in their fucking double wide and picked a fight.

The other 20% is split between the rich fucks who benefit from the tax cuts, and probably from the wars, and a small subsection of people like Ron Paul who actually have in mind the proper role of their party, which is to balance the Democrats' emphasis on social welfare with fiscal smarts, and generally support no such nonsense as global warmongering.
    We have plenty of resources for the social welfare. Our tax base is pathetically small because most of the higher income people hardly pay any taxes.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    We have plenty of resources for the social welfare. Our tax base is pathetically small because most of the higher income people hardly pay any taxes.
    Actually no we don't. Our entire money supply is based on fiat currency. Our production values are terrible, and all we do is consume. Besides, if we ever got that stuff in order, someone would have to channel God(if he exists) to keep the system from becoming imbalanced again; this is because society is a very complex thing that has so many moving pieces that it's almost impossible to predict where to invest long term. What the government ends up doing is monopolizing American value via the currency, and investing it into things that we don't completely buy into. They keep doing this until the bubble bursts(they can't afford to do this anymore) and the entire things falls on its flawed legs.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which should be happening in 10 years or so