Thread: Homestuck

Creepy-male

Default Homestuck

16 characters! ILE author!

Humans

John - variable
    Rose - action-ILE (hard to pick because she's one of my favourite characters)
    Jade - IEI
    Dave (did I even get his name right?) -

Trolls

(The spidery girl) - psychopathic EIE
    Karkat - LSE?
    (The animal guy who dresses up as Pupa Pan) - IEI
    The rest - ?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped reading this because I was sick of waiting to update it all the time. I'm told it has gotten anywhere from 4x, to perhaps even 1000x times as insane as it started out.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Creepy-male

Way more than 4x, but 1000x might be stretching it.

But yes, it's the most beautiful work of unbridled crazy awesome I have ever partaken of, barring TTGL, which is of course in a league of its own, peerless in its brilliance, unsurpassed in its fantastitude.

Creepy-male

Revised typings (with as many pictures as I can bear sifting through waves of rule 34 for, ughhhhh):

Humans:

John Egbert: SEI
    Rose Lalonde: ILI
    Dave Strider: LSI
    Jade Harley: IEI

Trolls:

Aradia Megido: ? emotionless robot
    Tavros Nitram: EII
    Sollux Captor: ILI
    Karkat Vantas: LSE
    Nepeta Leijon: ?
    Kanaya Maryam: your ESI mother, holy shit wow
    Terezi Pyrope - EIE
    Vriska Serket - SLE

Equius Zahhak - ? (what is for certain is that his name means HORSEDICK, no joke)

Gamzee Makara - stoner, hard to tell. IEE most like.

Eridan Ampora - again, hard to tell.

Feferi Peixes - ridiculous ESE stereotype
    Last edited by male; 01-27-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Creepy-male

Random thoughts:

About relationships in the series:

Within the humans:

Jade and Dave have the only Socionics-consistent relationship. Jade is a fan of Dave, even though Rose remains unimpressed and John doesn't seem to have an opinion on anyone except Vriska. Works for them being quadramates (even though weirdly they don't seem to really embody Beta values).

--

Between the trolls and the humans:

The main "positive" relationships are between Vriska and John and Dave and Terezi. John seems to find Vriska rather fun. Meanwhile it seems Terezi is very attached to Dave, and the two seem to have a very playful relationship. Aww.

Jade presently mediates between past and future versions of Karkat who can both send IMs to one another (don't ask, just read, lol). Having skipped over all the relevant chat logs, it looks like she's frustrated with both of them, but less so currently now that Karkat is being nice.

--

Within the trolls:

Oh god. Seriously. You can't turn your back on them for more than a minute or they're either making out or beating one another to death.

Vriska has an unreciprocated hate-crush (for trolls, your mortal nemesis is a valid romantic pairing... go read!) on Tavros. For all intents and purposes it really does look like Supervision. Tavros typically sits there and takes it while spacing out or feebly protesting.

Feferi and Sollux are interesting. They would be a Conflict pair. Since we are dealing with young teenagers and it's unknown how well-developed their relationship is, and it's a work of fiction, Conflict may not yet have manifested.

Creepy-male

Triple post just to say I am never searching for another decent visual example of the trolls on Google ever again. Rule 34 keeps bleeding through my SafeSearch.

I have seen things that no human mind was meant to bear.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait a god damn minute, someone made Rule 34 for this? Jesus.

The internet is a horrifying place.

I picked it up from the beginning again, but I'm only up to Act 5-1. Your typings seem pretty solid save for Vriska, for whom I'd posit EIE.
    4w5 sp/sx

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    I picked it up from the beginning again, but I'm only up to Act 5-1. Your typings seem pretty solid save for Vriska, for whom I'd posit EIE.
    Was my first guess because of how manipulative she is, too.

The thing is, the manipulativeness is all part of her dominance-seeking behaviour. It's like she's constantly trying to get the high score for having irons in the fire. The fact that she's completely and utterly oblivious with respect to relationship stuff makes me think she has a raging Fi PoLR. Case in point is her relationship with Tavros and how she deals with the unreciprocated nature of her hate-crush on him. Don't forget as well that it's partly also been conditioned because she needed to develop the skills to trick trolls into getting killed so she could preserve herself by feeding her lusus.

It's also quite possible that, like John, she changes somewhat as she gets characterised more. (Though John is still somewhat flimsy as a proper character at this point.)

EDIT

Unfortunately that doesn't explain her dramatic flair, which I initially pounced on as being Fe dominant. She'd have to be the most Fi-retarded Fe ego in existence though.

MORE EDIT

Looking at her relationships affords little resolution either. She's constantly beleaguering poor Toreadoormat with Se, yet at the same time her interactions with John are similar Fe goofballism as in the case of Terezi with Dave.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    Was my first guess because of how manipulative she is, too.

The thing is, the manipulativeness is all part of her dominance-seeking behaviour. It's like she's constantly trying to get the high score for having irons in the fire. The fact that she's completely and utterly oblivious with respect to relationship stuff makes me think she has a raging Fi PoLR. Case in point is her relationship with Tavros and how she deals with the unreciprocated nature of her hate-crush on him. Don't forget as well that it's partly also been conditioned because she needed to develop the skills to trick trolls into getting killed so she could preserve herself by feeding her lusus.

It's also quite possible that, like John, she changes somewhat as she gets characterised more. (Though John is still somewhat flimsy as a proper character at this point.)

EDIT

Unfortunately that doesn't explain her dramatic flair, which I initially pounced on as being Fe dominant. She'd have to be the most Fi-retarded Fe ego in existence though.
    Couldn't the whole dominance-seeking thing and the aggressive in-your-face bitchiness be described by Se-HA, though? I mean, it's the kind of thing she likes to project but it's a huge weakness for her, which Mister White Text has picked up on and exploits.

...also, what about the exiles?
    4w5 sp/sx

Creepy-male

That was my first thought as well. EIE seemed to fit like a glove, but it doesn't adequately explain her relationship problems (which I have more on secondary report than anything... I might have to go reread 5-1).

Of course her relationship with Toreadoormat could be handwaved by it just being her way of expressing her hate-crush on him.

EDIT

As for the Exiles, do they even have enough personality to be typed?

Creepy-male

EIE with a weak internal locus of control is a possibility.

CONVERSATIONAL EDIT

Wait a god damn minute, someone made Rule 34 for this? Jesus.
    Thankfully none of the ones I've been subjected to they're their proper ages.

I can't unsee the John sandwich though. Burned in my mind forever.

MORE EDIT

I found it searching for Equius. That should give you plenty of haunting mental imagery. Just try not to think about it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A relationship of Extinguishment could still fit though: They both love EXTREME ROLEPLAYING, but Tavros loves it for the actual roleplaying and character development while Vriska loves it for giving her an opportunity to dominate others and prove her superiority.

Also her attempts to push him and get him to develop as a person would point to valued Se, but the ham-fisted, unintelligible way she does it would point to weak Se, namely trying to get him to overcome his disability by building his house with nothing but stairs and goading him into fighting the last boss because she's tired of watching him solve puzzles.

And the exiles... Well, Wandering Vagrant is twitchy and silly and likes democratic leadership and fucking DESPISES autocracy.

Peregrine Mendicant is dutybound and steadfast, sees The Mail and, with it, communication as the cornerstone of society, and is willing to commit horrible atrocities (killing her own rulers) in order to uphold what she sees as a greater good.

Aimless Renegade sees using force as a justifiable means of response for breaching the law and has a massive fetish for the law and the following
    thereof.

I haven't seen much of the Windswept Questant, but she was entirely willing to give up her ring for the sake of not getting shitwrecked right then and there, but hoping for the future.

I mean, that might be enough to type based on stereotypes, right?
    4w5 sp/sx

Creepy-male

A relationship of Extinguishment could still fit though: They both love EXTREME ROLEPLAYING, but Tavros loves it for the actual roleplaying and character development while Vriska loves it for giving her an opportunity to dominate others and prove her superiority.
    On a practical level, also to feed her lusus. Karkat also has a fair amount of personality distortion due to his lusus.

Also her attempts to push him and get him to develop as a person would point to valued Se, but the ham-fisted, unintelligible way she does it would point to weak Se, namely trying to get him to overcome his disability by building his house with nothing but stairs and goading him into fighting the last boss because she's tired of watching him solve puzzles.
    It's difficult to tell, because the degree to which she hates him obviously intensifies the prodding, but the stairs incident in particular seems vaguely reminiscent of Kamina and Simon from TTGL or my dad and myself as a kid.

The way she set John up to be forced to do the windy thing seems to be an even stronger example and is basically every Kamina/Simon moment ever. In fiction, sink-or-swim mentoring seems a staple of Se egos.

I associate Se HA's "weakness" with more being like Se given in half-measures.

When a Se type motivates, it seems to be more like projecting one's will like a physical, irresistible force. Either type is capable of subtle coercion, but I think that's because subtle coercion is NTR

This is how I've experienced it, at any rate.

The fact that she's impulsive and has a high need for stimulation/considers everyone booooooooring might be a pointer toward EP.

And the exiles... Well, Wandering Vagrant is twitchy and silly and likes democratic leadership and fucking DESPISES autocracy.

Peregrine Mendicant is dutybound and steadfast, sees The Mail and, with it, communication as the cornerstone of society, and is willing to commit horrible atrocities (killing her own rulers) in order to uphold what she sees as a greater good.

Aimless Renegade sees using force as a justifiable means of response for breaching the law and has a massive fetish for the law and the following
    thereof.

I haven't seen much of the Windswept Questant, but she was entirely willing to give up her ring for the sake of not getting shitwrecked right then and there, but hoping for the future.

I mean, that might be enough to type based on stereotypes, right?
    I don't know. They're based on chess pieces.

PM - Bishop.
    WV + AR - Pawn.
    WQ - Queen.

Creepy-male

Updated typings:

Vriska Serket - SEE
    Feferi Peixes - ILE
    Nepeta Leijon - ESE
    Equius Zahhak - LSI

Rationales:

Nepeta is a universally friendly character. AFAICR, the only one who genuinely tries to make friends with one of the human kids (Terezi and Dave are debatable). Largely emotionally attends to Equius, keeps him calm, and stops him from flying into berserk rages. At one point has a feelings jam with him. Yeah.

Their relationship is mixed. On the one hand they're obviously very close and there's a great deal of mutual like and respect, but there's constant tension between Nepeta being too childish/irresponsible/egalitarian (from Equius's P.O.V.), and Equius being Nepeta's personal Overprotective Dad (and thus frustratingly limiting, from her P.O.V.).

Equius is essentially completely bound by his society's caste system. That is seriously almost all there is to his character. He fully upholds and believes in the social order and is the most obviously bound to it, even amongst the other nobles.

Feferi I'm starting to think is an ILE. She's essentially a principle-minded idealist and wants to reform troll society into an image of love, care, and support (Judicious values if ever I saw them). She "culls" cuttlefish by dressing them in bandages even when they don't really need to be cared for in any way. Just because they're adorable and she loves them.

Delta NF is another possibility, but I have it from an LII and an ILE they can relate to her character, and she definitely doesn't remind me of Rick at all. She seems way too head-in-the-clouds for an IEE. She's also kind of a ditz and can't read relationships well (completely misses the fact that Sollux finds her irritating and just smiles straight over it).

Vriska is a very difficult character to type. A lot of what we've seen of her has essentially been a persona. Her only identifiable traits are that she's extremely competitive, thrives on being challenged, and has primarily approached John in a saccharine-sweet, friendly way in order to get him to trust her. Which he does. Because he's John.

Live Aradia I believe is IEE. Considering there are exactly two brief chat logs to go by, it's a really superficial hunch and not something I can substantiate, nor a position I'm especially committed to.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now that Aradia's alive and not melancholic anymore, what do you think?
    4w5 sp/sx

Creepy-male

I'm still not sure. What do you think?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say your initial hunch on IEE is right on the money. Seems very Fi-valuing and IEE-ILI Mirage would describe her relationship with Sollux (they seem to find each other useful and definetely seem to care about one another, but aren't really into the whole red-rom thing).

What do you think about Doc Scratch? Can the omniscient be typed?
    4w5 sp/sx

Creepy-male

Lol, interesting thought experiment actually.

I would think some kind of Ti dominant. Vague and unsubstantiated leaning toward LSI. He's highly formal and proper, yet really socially naive at the same time. (Case in point, how he completely misses that he's coming across as a creepy old man by being polite to Rose and offering her candy.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figured that. LII or LSI for sure. Detonating the cue-ball in Vriska's face definitely seems like some Se+Fe rage.
    4w5 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, a friend of mine will not shut up about this comic.

Creepy-male

For good reason, Erk. It's ridiculously cool.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the beta kids but I find them really difficult to type. Dave is a Fe-hungry Ne-ego, ILE or LII. John is a Si-ego and seems like he's completely blind to ethical information, but SLI/delta quadra in general doesn't feel right. Jade is IEI or EIE - I initially thought of her as IEE but how hard she is on herself and her private dedication to toughening herself up through the avatar of her grandfather's corpse points to Se-valuing. Rose is gamma through and through. ILI?

The alpha kid typings are straightforward:
    Jake - SEI. Is pretty fine with staying home all day doing nothing and not at all interested in pushing himself; when he engages in anything it's in the interest of having fun. So NeSi-valuing. No critical thinking skills in sight; possesses insight into the characters of his friends that he doesn't really use or even know how to use. Doesn't give a single shit about Te.
    Jane - SLI or LSE would be the way to go. Jane is a sensor and she's Te-ego.
    Dirk - LIE. Control freak, manipulative, hellbent on being the 'puppetmaster' orchestrating everything and pulling all the strings behind the scenes. Definitely no Fi-PoLR, so not ILI. Rational behaviour over irrational, overbearing, very occasionally needs to be prodded into action. FiTe-valuing; in conversations he's always making private jokes to himself (often about the interlocutor) that he isn't sharing with the interlocutor in that Te-ego kinda way.
    Roxy - EIE. Her continual attempts at flirting with Dirk despite knowing that he's gay and that he's uncomfortable with it points to a prioritisation of Fe over Fi. SeNi-valuing over based on her I'm-going-to-explode-Jane's-computer stunt.