Thread: Self Typing Retards!

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Self Typing Retards!

Why the heck is it that some of you cannot type yourself correctly? I mean, really?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean View Post
    Why the heck is it that some of you cannot type yourself correctly? I mean, really?
    Epic.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Epic.
    Hey, my type happens to be original, and it is, different.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, now it is in the "16types.info quotes Hall of Fame"
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is offensive.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    This thread is offensive.
    You are offensive
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    Can't your imagine why?
    Yes, it could. But I don't want to be full of it, so I would like to get input from other people.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What, like you?

Hey, my type happens to be original, and it is, different.
    Yeah, that makes it all okay.

Watch this: I am ESI. It is original and different!

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay Okay! I get it! I am LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI!!!!!!!

Okay, so, back on topic. How is it that some people can not type themselves properly? Is it that people lack that objective view of themselves?
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Ezra;410781
    Yeah, that makes it all okay.

Watch this: I am ESI. It is original and different![/QUOTE]

Well, you don't have to believe me.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

What the Heck am I going to do?!! ::
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

What the Heck am I going to do?!! ::
    Liquidate all your assets and buy shares, and bonds, of the Ford Motor Company.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay Okay! I get it! I am LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI LSI!!!!!!!

Okay, so, back on topic. How is it that some people can not type themselves properly? Is it that people lack that objective view of themselves?
    I mean, just read this. How can you not love this?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ you, Jimbean.

And not only do most people think you're ISTj, but the current word on the street is that you're *actually* a 6w5.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have typed myself correctly since the dawn of man.

Also, would typing yourself be considered masturbation of sorts?
    Maybe I should get a type job
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post

That's it! Type everybody here!
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Liquidate all your assets and buy shares, and bonds, of the Ford Motor Company.
    LOL
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds reasonable enough.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lol @ you, Jimbean.

And not only do most people think you're ISTj, but the current word on the street is that you're *actually* a 6w5.
    Okay, you know what You can mess with my socionic type, but don't mess with my enneagram type! I am 110 percent sure on my 8w7 typing! That is the best way to describe me.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, back on topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Sounds reasonable enough.

Yeah, that is the first thing I thought of when considering why people do not type themselves correctly. I think many ILE's do not type themselves correctly simply because they like the attention. I am looking for more ideas...
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what is so puzzling about it.

For correct self-typing, you need both a good understanding of the typology, and self-awareness.

If you don't understand the typology, you may understand yourself perfectly but still get your type wrong.

And if you lack an awareness of who you are, you may understand the typology well but still not understand how you fit there.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For correct self-typing, you need both a good understanding of the typology, and self-awareness.

If you don't understand the typology, you may understand yourself perfectly but still get your type wrong.

And if you lack an awareness of who you are, you may understand the typology well but still not understand how you fit there.
    Yes, I agree. Good thought.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

Exactly. which is why I hate when people use the argument, "I know myself better than you, therefore my self-typing is correct." NO. If you don't understand the theory, your typing is shit.

So Jim, why are you an 8 lol? Because you don't like to be controlled? (that was UDP's best reason lol).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can be complicating, is if you are attempting to improve both simultaneously.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Jim, why are you an 8 lol? Because you don't like to be controlled? (that was UDP's best reason lol).
    No, it is more than that. I actually really do not believe that the enneagram is objective, unlike socionics. But if I say I am an 8, you know what I am talking about. I think the 8 describes my basic thoughts on a lot of what I do, including positioning myself to not be controlled.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are very good thoughts by the way.
    --Theodore Roosevelt

-- Mark Twain

-- Confucius

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's another distinction to be made however, and that is understanding oneself in terms of one's own behaviors and needs versus understanding oneself in relation to others. A person can be quite aware of the earlier but oblivious to the later and how they significantly differ from other people, if they take something like the base function of their own for granted. "Isn't everyone like that?", as it's been called.
    Yes, I fully agree. I think it's often a problem with the base function, which is why I think it's a mistake to try to type yourself by trying to find your base function first. People who are (say) base may not even recognize in themselves the base, because they just see it as being "normal", and tend to think that the descriptions are talking about other things. And so on for the other functions, obviously.

ETA: a giveaway is when people say something like "that's not type-related -- people who aren't like that are just stupid/weak/attention-whoring/etc etc etc".

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I fully agree. I think it's often a problem with the base function, which is why I think it's a mistake to try to type yourself by trying to find your base function first. People who are (say) base may not even recognize in themselves the base, because they just see it as being "normal", and tend to think that the descriptions are talking about other things. And so on for the other functions, obviously.

ETA: a giveaway is when people say something like "that's not type-related -- people who aren't like that are just stupid/weak/attention-whoring/etc etc etc".
    Yes. I was just thinking about this last night. I was discussing differences between different blocks in Model A with Nick and in the back of my mind I was thinking about Ego vs. Super-Id. I find with ego functions it's like a regularly running faucet that you can control the temperature, pressure, etc. But when you're doing it so often you don't realize you're controlling it at all. It's second nature. Meanwhile, Super-Id is something you can sort of do, but not with any kind of control. It's like faucet on-faucet off. In my personal experience with Si and Fe, I find that I can completely forget about Si for extended periods of time, but when I take notice it's like a desperation to soak it all in or get everything I want in order, basically set my world straight. With Fe, meanwhile, I want to express myself, be generally emotive and be aware of how I effect others and when I'm paying attention to it consciously it's faucet on. It's full tilt and I can be a little crazy sometimes. But when I'm not paying attention to it I turn into a giant cold fish, because it's faucet off. It's just not there.

I think that it's sometimes difficult to distinguish your Ego at times because, like you said, it doesn't stick out. It's too smooth, like white noise. It's entirely natural to you, so you don't even know that you're doing it half the time. Riddy and I discussed this once with regards to Ne and Ti. It's simply automatic. We're always drawing connections, making tangents, building ideas in the back of our minds. People ask us why we don't stop thinking and we have to tell them we can't, it's just what we do.

is really the perfect example, so I won't bother to expand any further. I think Expat and ifmd95 have hit on an important part of the issue.
    Last edited by Wynch; 08-20-2008 at 05:01 PM.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    It's entirely natural to you, so you don't even know that you're doing it half the time.
    Yes, and you may have problem realizing, or even believing, that it's not entirely natural for everyone else.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One example I have noticed, which has happened here quite a few times.

Person A relates a problem, or makes a comment, which is actually related to A's PoLR (or other very weak function).

Person B then says, "some people should stop using socionics as an excuse for lacking basic skills in [related to A's PoLR]".

This is particularly revealing when person B actually claims to be of a type having A's PoLR as a weak function, as well.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should talk!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw i think jimbean makes sense as 8w7.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    fwiw i think jimbean makes sense as 8w7.
    Do you see ILE making sense? ftr, some of the "firmness" people might sense with him and associate with the 8 personality probably fits better with IJ temperament and Se valuing.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you see ILE making sense?
    no.

ftr, some of the "firmness" people might sense with him and associate with the 8 personality probably fits better with IJ temperament and Se valuing.
    again you're using Se IJ to explain why he can or can't be E8. i don't like that at all.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niff
    again you're using Se IJ to explain why he can or can't be E8. i don't like that at all.
    No. All I said was that some of the typical behaviors of 8's can coincide with those of an ISTj. Maybe you could provide your reasoning on why you think he's an 8? Then I can assess it and we can avoid skewing theoretical frameworks.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it is more than that. I actually really do not believe that the enneagram is objective, unlike socionics. But if I say I am an 8, you know what I am talking about. I think the 8 describes my basic thoughts on a lot of what I do, including positioning myself to not be controlled.
    I read somewhere that counterphobic 6s can mistype as 8s, fwiw.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post

I want a type job. This self-satisfaction thing is just not pleasing me like it used to
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    I want a type job. This self-satisfaction thing is just not pleasing me like it used to
    http://www.vibrator.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast