Thread: Top 10 reasons sensors are better than intuitives

Default Top 10 reasons sensors are better than intuitives

found this on reddit and wanted to share, i don't really agree but it's funny anyway
    and the part about sensors being better at survival is probably true

I'm still seeing intuitives talk about how sensor minds are blank so I thought I would correct them.
    1: Sensors are more practical. Intuitives will obsess about useless theory and abstractions for no reason.
    2: Sensors are more darwin than intuitives. Sensors outnumber intuitives by a large margin because they were better at surviving in the past. Intuitives are clumsy and uncoordinated due to a lack of connection with the real world and their bodies.
    3: Sensors have better memory than intuitives. Intuitives are well known for having terrible memories because they are not in touch with the real world. Lots of intuitives are not even sure if life is real or a dream because their memory is so bad.
    4: Sensors are more realistic than intuitives. Intuitives get caught up in fantasy worlds, conspiracies and self delusions. They never know what's real.
    5: Sensors are more attractive to the opposite sex. There is nothing attractive about having weird eccentric interests. Most intuitives are autistic neckbeards.
    6: Sensors are tougher than intuitives. Most intuitives end up being bullied in ******. Intuitives are bad at sports or anything requiring body coordination since they are bad at operating in the moment. There is nothing intimidating about intuitives.
    7: Sensors are smarter. Intuitives like to think they are smarter because they got screwed over on the other stuff. But nope sensors have both. Sensors won't waste their time on useless theory that amounts to nothing. Sensors will actually apply the theory they think about and produce something of value that's realistic which makes for better innovation. Intuitives rely on their intuition to blindly process information unchecked and spit out answers of questionable reliability. Which is fine if you are taking a test but bad for everything else.
    8: Sensors enjoy life more fully than intuitives. Intuitives don't even live in real life.
    9: Society values sensor traits more than they do intuitive traits. Nobody wants to be a weakling that likes to talk about weird things. Most celebrities are sensors.
    10: Sensors are better at being creative than intuitives. Most of the best pop singers, artists, writers and movie directors are sensors. SPs are called the creators for a reason.
    bonus: Thomas Edison was Istp and he invented the modern world. Tesla was intj and lived in his shadow.
    bonus 2: Most conquerors were sensors. Alexander the Great was an estp.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sensor/comme...an_intuitives/

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Eh, I'm ENTj and I have to walk sensing types through basic parts of life all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Eh, I'm ENTj and I have to walk sensing types through basic parts of life all the time.
    such as?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reason #1 for why i never argue typology, ****** do not understand the most fundamental aspects of functional cognition, or how you adapt a form of information processing because it is externally advatanegeous and/or rewarding either psychologically or rewarding in the more material sense of acceptance, love, prizes, money, success, etc. essentially the reason you are who you are today is because you were rewarded in a greater measure for being a certain way... to mold you into your current shape.*

instead typology is treated as a tool to feed ******'s own narcissism where a type is an identity and you are the protagonist of a heroic quest against all oppression and evil in the world because you were born such a special fucking snowflake.

* of course, it's possible that after a certain point, what was initially rewarding might not be rewarding anymore; your external circumstances change, or maybe your internal motivations change, and it what you're comfortable being is no longer accepted. but you are never something just because. you're not N or S just because; you are N or S because your entire life tipped you towards being your current self.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    such as?
    From recent memory: resetting router settings, literally finding the 'on' button on a printer, cooking without setting food on fire, turning the gas on to start a barbecue, structuring an essay properly, cleaning a floor properly, showing someone how to tie a necktie, stopping a front loader from flooding, packing a large amount of things into a car properly to maximise use of space quickly, etc.

There's a whole bunch.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have some sort of inferiotity complex towards Sensing. Many sensors have serious inferiority complex towards intuition. I can pretty much admit my weakness and sensors usually do the same thing.
    The real things talks about more of Se-Ni axis whereas Si-Ne likes more to marinate themselves in their own juices. Though this could talk more about irrationals vs rationals.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top 10 reasons ENTj's are better than everyone else
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    ILI-INTp E5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is a waste of time to discuss who is better, because that's like comparing apples and oranges.

each have their own advantages and disadvantages and they are different so each type can help the rest.
    everyone has a gift to make the world better but the gift of one person isn't enough by itself.

I like SLIs hard work and commitment
    I like IEIs ability to read the emotions of others and make them feel better
    I like SEEs ability to enjoy life
    I like IEEs ability to come up with hundreds of ideas
    ... and so on.

As you can see each type is great in his own way, and no one is perfect.

But, this reason really caught my attention
    2: Sensors are more darwin than intuitives. Sensors outnumber intuitives by a large margin because they were better at surviving in the past.
    Who said that sensing and intuition are inheritable traits?

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

that is a pretty stupid article...the other night I drove home from a place about forty minutes away....at nighttime....highway, traffic, weaving in and out of cars....scaring the hell out of little old ladies on the road as they whip out their cell phones to dial the state troopers. finally get home....i pull in my driveway and go to shut the lights off on my car only to realize I had never turned them on. not once did it occur to me that they were even off. funniest part was i was perfectly sober. I'm just that darn good of a driver. Now rewind to 2014...early january the fuses die on my regular car lights and so I kept putting off on getting new ones. must've been a solid five months of that year I'm driving around at night with just my high beams on.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa, socionics is on reddit? I will be sure to stay the fuck away from that cesspool

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maithili View Post
    Whoa, socionics is on reddit? I will be sure to stay the fuck away from that cesspool
    It's ok, we can all be hipster hereeeeee....

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sensors are better than intuitives. If it wasn't for sensors intuitives would die out because they couldn't look after themself or the things involved needed to make our communities ie build a house, build sewage systems, hot water, transport food. Intuitives can't do anything.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither is better. Without sensors, we'd probably all be extinct from starvation; without intuitives, we'd probably still be using stone tools. That's why in duality having a N-S pair is important.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    Neither is better. Without sensors, we'd probably all be extinct from starvation; without intuitives, we'd probably still be using stone tools. That's why in duality having a N-S pair is important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Sensors are better than intuitives. If it wasn't for sensors intuitives would die out because they couldn't look after themself or the things involved needed to make our communities ie build a house, build sewage systems, hot water, transport food. Intuitives can't do anything.
    really? so terrible. there are very probably not two distinct types of people that are genetically determined (reality is not that simple and *people* are not that simple)... so there can't be a "die out" of one of the "types." also, this whole thing about all intuitives being incapable of looking after themselves is kind of pitiful; as is the assumption that all sensors are near-masters at looking after themselves. i'm just imagining some terrible person looking at another and saying, all starry eyed, "you're a SENSOR! you can build a SEWAGE SYSTEM." i mean, *i* can't build a sewage system because i'm an INTUITIVE. all i can do is draw childish pictures and talk about poo.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Yah, and we would have no one to ask for directions or read a map or...

Intuitives would fade away...

Everything is everything...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    really? so terrible. there are very probably not two distinct types of people that are genetically determined (reality is not that simple and *people* are not that simple)... so there can't be a "die out" of one of the "types." also, this whole thing about all intuitives being incapable of looking after themselves is kind of pitiful; as is the assumption that all sensors are near-masters at looking after themselves. i'm just imagining some terrible person looking at another and saying, all starry eyed, "you're a SENSOR! you can build a SEWAGE SYSTEM." i mean, *i* can't build a sewage system because i'm an INTUITIVE. all i can do is draw childish pictures and talk about poo.
    In this scenario can I still choose options 1 or 2 from the other thread?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly .. i sort of agree with this ...
    "8: Sensors enjoy life more fully than intuitives. Intuitives don't even live in real life." i would trade being ni-ego against being any kind of sensing type any time .. when i first talked to this SLE i know who has the amazing capability of describing things he experienced most vividly/intensely and i was like .. alright, if that's a way of experiencing life then i totally wasted mine. i want to live in a world of velocity, gravity, physicality, kinetic energy, texture and what else, too ... who cares if you can't anticipate even the most basic things and impulsively end up in all kinds of stupid situations, that's cool in a way.. at least it's a way of experiencing life as it is (with all senses too). (oh, and Si is also cool if you're an arty avantgarde SEI musician .. xD) i'm genuinely jealous ...

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Realize that I am exaggerating to make a point. I am capable of taking care of myself just as sensors are capable of coming up with new things.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAHA!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Without sensors, we'd probably all be extinct from starvation;
    You mean they can be eaten?

without intuitives, we'd probably still be using stone tools.
    You say that as if it would have been a bad thing.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ananke View Post
    You mean they can be eaten?
    If you want to interpret it that way.

You say that as if it would have been a bad thing.
    And it would be.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If you want to interpret it that way
    what is your interpretation?

And it would be.
    as far as i can tell, it's mostly intuitors who haven't managed the transition well, i guess that1s the irony

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
    honestly .. i sort of agree with this ...
    "8: Sensors enjoy life more fully than intuitives. Intuitives don't even live in real life." i would trade being ni-ego against being any kind of sensing type any time .. when i first talked to this SLE i know who has the amazing capability of describing things he experienced most vividly/intensely and i was like .. alright, if that's a way of experiencing life then i totally wasted mine. i want to live in a world of velocity, gravity, physicality, kinetic energy, texture and what else, too ... who cares if you can't anticipate even the most basic things and impulsively end up in all kinds of stupid situations, that's cool in a way.. at least it's a way of experiencing life as it is (with all senses too). (oh, and Si is also cool if you're an arty avantgarde SEI musician .. xD) i'm genuinely jealous ...

Si lives in its own head more than Ni imo. Filter every bit of the world around you through what feels most comfortable to the habits of your bod and you get Si. It has a "rotten" and repetitive quality to it. Si are those ppl who always go on vacation in the same places coz it feels familiar and "safe", prepare the same kinda food, teach their kids to do what their own moms taught them regardless of their own personality, wear clothes they are used to tho fashion trends say smth. else and so on. When I think of Si, I think of Plato's cave. There's a weird distance from what's really out there and a strong connection to the past.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Si lives in its own head more than Ni imo. Filter every bit of the world around you through what feels most comfortable to the habits of your bod and you get Si. It has a "rotten" and repetitive quality to it. Si are those ppl who always go on vacation in the same places coz it feels familiar and "safe", prepare the same kinda food, teach their kids to do what their own moms taught them regardless of their own personality, wear clothes they are used to tho fashion trends say smth. else and so on. When I think of Si, I think of Plato's cave. There's a weird distance from what's really out there and a strong connection to the past.
    Who isn't a creature of habit?

I am not so sure monotony can be ascribed to a function, for instance plenty of type descriptions give Si as experience junkies. I think vitality is something to consider which is not type related.

Besides I think this thread has been largely tongue in cheek.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as i can tell, it's mostly intuitors who haven't managed the transition well, i guess that1s the irony
    good point.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually kind of true. There is a stagnant quality to Si, which is probably why it pairs so well with Ne.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This sounds more like the stereotype of Si that goes around in MBTI circles.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    This sounds more like the stereotype of Si that goes around in MBTI circles.
    mby that aspect is overstated in MBTI, but I don't see how it contradicts Socio-Si.

I find it very realistic ..it describes all the SEI-Sis in my family (brother, aunt, and grandfather).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know if Sensors are “better” than Intuitives, but I don't think we can do without each other.

I think sensing can be attractive if you are an Intuitive, and intuition can be attractive if you are a Sensor, but one's opinion of the other might change if one could switch and experience both. On the other hand, some people just don't appreciate differences.

I visited my Sensor parents a few months ago. They have a beautiful house, very tastefully decorated, and even though I earn considerably more than my father, my house looks like a temporary camp, because I'm an Intuitive with poor sensing and I don't care enough about aesthetics to do anything about it. On this visit, I tried to obliquely explain to them why I had felt like an alien for my entire childhood, attributing it to being an Intuitive raised by Sensors. I basically had skills that they didn't value. I started to explain to them that the role of Sensors in society is to stabilize society, and my role in society is to anticipate and handle unusual events, and this difference explains why I have several patents and am interested in reading, in leading technologies, and in planning the future. My mother responded with “Don't think you're special! You're not special!”

Well, of course I'm not special, but I'm not common, either. I've read descriptions of the percentage of each type, and Sensors seem to far outnumber Intuitives.
    http://wambly.weebly.com/descriptive...-acronyms.html
    I've wondered why this might be.

Jung thought that, in interacting with the world, people needed sensing to tell them “what is”, thinking to give it a name, feeling to decide how important it is, and intuition to understand what we can do with it. It would be strange to think that we could entirely do without any of these functions.

But a preference for using one function over another results in very different behavior, and these behaviors produce very different kinds of societies. If only Intuitives ran the world, education and books would be free, but the best we've been able to do is libraries and the internet. Also, we'd all be dead, for reasons I will assert. If only Sensors ran the world, well, I'm not sure what would be free, but I can guess. And we'd also all be dead. Here's why.

I looked at the statistics for the number of patents (or even new, revolutionary ideas) per man-year, going back to very primitive societies. Without splitting hairs as to what constitutes a new invention, the number of new inventions per man-year seems to be increasing. I believe the reason for this is that societies now are more robust, and are better defended against disrupting ideas. In Biblical times, no one knew about germs, so rules about drinking water, burying corpses, and butchering animals were based on trail and error. And sometimes, making an error would kill the whole tribe. So changes and new “inventions” were looked upon with justified suspicion. In other words, inventors were usually extremely dangerous.

If you look at the characteristics of most Sensors, you will find that they are very, very good at seeing the world as it is, and making the best of what they have right now, right in front of them. Intuitives, on the other hand, spend most of their time dreaming of possibilities and improvements over the present situation.

If the world were a static place, there would be no need for Intuitives. Basically, once the experiential rules are worked out, changing them is crazy risky. But the world is not static, and even if the village Elders swear that throwing a virgin into the volcano every few years prevents it from erupting (because it has worked great for as long as anyone remembers), an Intuitive might ask if moving the village to a place where the lava won't flow over everyone's home might not result in more virgins being available for better purposes. But then, those Elders would have to give up their homes, and for what, really?

So, if you were God or Evolution or the Easter Bunny, and were building a society and could have as many of any type in it as you chose, how many Stable-Preservers (Sensors) would you have, and how many Anticipator-Disruptors (Intuitives) would you have? The answer would depend on the rate of change that you programmed into your world, and how fast fatalities spread from natural disasters verses man-made disasters.

I think those two relative rates determine the percentage of dominant Sensors and Intuitives in societies. I'm not sure of the exact mechanism operating here, but I'll bet there is one.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange, you don't understand socionics, nor do you know what intuition and sensing are in socionics. In passages, you mix up the extraversion dichotomy with intuition and introversion with sensing. In passages you mix up the static dichotomy with sensing and dynamic with intuition, and many places you mix up Te with intuition and F-functions with sensing. I could elaborate, but you are so far from understanding it, I don't know where to start, so I just start by saying you should probably think of doing something about your understanding.

(let the above be an example of Se seeing "what is" ^^^)

Edit: As for the latter part of your post, it is interesting, but I'm not sure that mechanism can ever be figured out, as the differences between Se and Si or between Ne and Ni are - in this context - bigger than between S and N.
    Last edited by Ananke; 04-19-2015 at 06:20 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey now, just because most people are straight, sensor, logical thinking-over emotional, white, cruel, republican and dumb doesn't mean that it's better or anything. Coal is more common than a diamond, after all.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just figured "intuitives" was a social construct to elicit a sense of superiority over fellow human beings and is not to confused with humans who have reached the formal operational stage of cognitive development.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    It's ok, we can all be hipster hereeeeee....

Not trying to be hipster at all, I genuinely hate what reddit has become. Too many bitter NTs who haven't seen daylight or emotional warmth in a long time, does that sound like a nice place to hang out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs-up for the most ENTJ comment I have ever seen

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just are angry because of the intuitive to sensing bias in the community, and rightfully so. Intuitive bias does lead to many sensors being mistyped, especially in MBTI. And being typed as a sensor often is an insult used by intuitive. I have had people type me as an ESFP (both by MBTI and Socionics), merely because they dislike me.

When you first get into MBTI, it is easy as an intuitive, to feel scrutinized by sensor. Especially because many of us come from toxic families and often are the solely intuitive type in our family (most people who get into typology are dysfunctional and try better understanding and finding their self and to fathom their shitty life).

But this is infantile and if it lasts past the initial stages of when you are entering typology, there comes a problem, and you only come to realize with time, your outlook was naive on viewing all sensors as out and against your process. Most are just teens trying to cope with a shitty family dynamic and it is not personal.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most people into typology are intuitive, with it being an abstraction and theory, and hence, more likelihood comes about that intuitive are the ones using typology to feel understood and thus feel misunderstood by sensors and project their own experiences with sensor.

So.. You are not as likely going hear about a sensor feeling misunderstood in an all intuitive family, because there are far less sensors in community, especially for MBTI.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

Dragons:

TIM
    EII SCS, IEI WSS So4
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article almost certainly was pertaining to MBTI.

Dragons:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensor supremacy

Y'alls family probably just regular assholes

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha I saw edison was better than Tesla, such dwarven spells of the burned out wind chime of fake gold and an executioner piston churning super fast jet speed hydro pumps forgetting silver and wreaking elvish shorelines.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition