Thread: Gamma NTs, how do we put people back to work?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma NTs, how do we put people back to work?

Your opinions and advice.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work? What work?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, how do we get the unemployment rate down to 4 1/2 percent?

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I mean, how do we get the unemployment rate down to 4 1/2 percent?
    Employ people. To do that, they need to be qualified to work. To qualify for work, they need to be educated/trained. To be educated/trained, they have to go to school. To go to school, they need to have funds and other necessary resources. To have funds and other necessary resources, they need to have money. To have money, they need to have a job.

So...

Employ people in jobs that utilize instinctual abilities. People will then use the money from instinctual jobs to amass resources and funds. From the resources and funds, people can go to school for education/training. With education/training, people can qualify for work. With meeting qualifications for work, people can be employed.

Also, create job markets.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you create a job market?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about we just automate all work.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Let the machines do it!
    It's about time we exploit our full potential.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your opinions and advice.
    If I were black would you solicit my advice on frying a chicken or selecting a watermelon?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Let the machines do it!
    It's about time we exploit our full potential.
    Hell yeah!!

If machines can take care of the grunt work, then people can use their minds and bodies for better things...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Hell yeah!!

If machines can take care of the grunt work, then people can use their minds and bodies for better things...
    They tried that about 200 years ago. Did it work?

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    You mean industrialisation? Well, it "worked" in some way, but most people didn't benefit from that.
    With today's technologies most manual work is probably unnecessary (except artisan craftwork ect.) but still, many people stand in front of machines all day long and they're often even happy to have that job to earn a living. All that just because they need a job to earn money in order to spend it so the circle is complete.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsey View Post
    Definitely!

This very conversation would have been impossible then, as would the transportation necessary to get a meet-up going... technology's been steadily lifting burdens off of people and creating new possibilities - I don't care about completion as much as progress, and more of that happens with each passing second...

- roombas
    - self-propelled lawnmowers
    - iPods
    - electric cars
    - Eneloop rechargeable batteries
    - robotic medical equipment

I expect solar power to hit a tipping point at around 2016 - should be awesome

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    technology's been steadily lifting burdens off of people and creating new possibilities
    It also creates more pollution and resource depletion, and distracts people with unnecessary gee-gaws that exacerbate the previously listed problems through manufacture, distribution, and advertising.

I don't care about completion as much as progress, and more of that happens with each passing second...
    Progress simply denotes change and isn't always positive. Throwing a glass to the floor creates a sort of progress but it results in nothing but a mess that one can't drink from. Since there's no free lunch one must be aware of the negative consequences of technology as well as its benefits:

• roombas: power grid drain, pollution from electrical generation, laziness encouragement
    • self-propelled lawnmowers: laziness, petro-fuel pollution, encouragement of fertilizers and pesticides to maintain lawns larger than would have been manageable previously
    • iPods: hearing loss, entitlement to ubiquitous entertainment
    • electric cars: same as roombas
    • Eneloop rechargeable batteries: ditto
    • robotic medical equipment: eh, I can't throw too many stones at this one other than the usual mfg/dist crap

I expect solar power to hit a tipping point at around 2016
    I'd like to see more reliance on solar and other renewable sources as well, but the same environmental and psychological pollution of manufacture, distribution, and advertising still applies.

should be awesome
    I've set a rainbarrel beside my desk and plan to make myself rich by putting a dollar in it every time you say "awesome" and then buying solar energy company stock whenever it's full.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks! though I know there's nothing wrong with the present that can't be fixed by what's right with the future, some bumps will happen along the way...

As for the surgeon, bringing up that despite the advancements in medical science, fresh organs are a necessity, and the main place where those come from is traffic accidents, and the implication here is that it would be useful to keep an optimum level and type of unsafety to give enough organs for hospitals to use, if for no other reason than to keep the business moving? With the advancements in stem-cell research, this is about to become a non-issue

As for the level of "freedom" not increasing as new technology comes in, I suppose that depends on how much you value the type of freedom talked about by the one fellow - thankfully, I don't, very much, at least not to the extent I value knowledge, novelty, having a good time, the people around me and the good we can do for each other, progress, comfort...

As for personal responsibility vanishing - so what? If something needs to be fixed, and I can fix it, I fix it... I like the idea of finger-pointing becoming a lost cause, that way, people can get right to doing what needs to be done... the specification of labor does concern me a lot, but this has to do more with people having the ability to be independent (independent of what, exactly, is a whole other question) more than anything, and I don't see why this isn't a problem that technology can't find an answer for anyways...

As for limited technology being a good thing, I can guarantee that almost none of those people did any hard work on a farm and talking about Enlightenment-and-forward ideals of technology-for-its-own-sake as a bad thing? Did he ever get to hear the screaming and smell the roasting flesh of an innocent person getting burned at the stake because they were unlucky enough to be born at a time when DNA analysis never existed? How free was that guy? It stinks that indigenous farming techniques were lost, but if it's so horrible of a thing, then perhaps archaeologists can help correct that - and they'll be using modern science to do so!

Also, the dude needs to watch it with those royal "we"s, I never killed a person in my life...

He also considers "technology" as something separate from "nature", and I have to ask - why? Why is it, then, that beaver dams, bee's nests, and devil's gardens are seen as a sacred part of nature, while humanity's skyscrapers and rail systems aren't? Is it because we're better at this kinda thing than any other animal on the planet?

I made it through the first two parts of the video, and I'll try to take in the other four soon - so far, this guy's not convincing me of much, just a bunch of goopy moral relativist stuff, the likes of which I've heard countless times before, and learned to disregard...

I also wonder if I could get his huge sprawling mess of books to fit neatly and conveniently on one Kindle

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That I understand it, the reason the job market remains poor is that employers are using advanced technology to meet the demands of the markets they know with less people, while using their control of the market to limit demand. This has been alluded to in a number of CNN Money and Fortune reports.

That this sentiment can be generalized, suggests that competition remains mostly dysfunctional in the free market. Historically, productivity gains have been transmuted to increased wages and low unemployment numbers only after union pressure has forced the change.

While one might expect companies like Google to try to take advantage of the unpopularity associated with evil business practices, the apparent truth is that these companies are more concerned with their own profitability and ethics than with the misdeeds of others. As such, there are no market actors at all taking advantage of the anger created by technological unemployment.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That I understand it, the reason the job market remains poor is that employers are using advanced technology to meet the demands of the markets they know with less people, while using their control of the market to limit demand. This has been alluded to in a number of CNN Money and Fortune reports.

That this sentiment can be generalized, suggests that competition remains mostly dysfunctional in the free market. Historically, productivity gains have been transmuted to increased wages and low unemployment numbers only after union pressure has forced the change.

While one might expect companies like Google to try to take advantage of the unpopularity associated with evil business practices, the apparent truth is that these companies are more concerned with their own profitability and ethics than with the misdeeds of others. As such, there are no market actors at all taking advantage of the anger created by technological unemployment.
    The first line is saturated with , and it proceeds entirely without automation:

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Skip to 2:12 if it doesn't automatically start there.
    What is this video supposed to tell us? If I understood everything the way it was meant it only further shows the wrong or harmful usage of technology by humans. Those aren't problems caused by technology itself, but only due to the way it is dealt with.

We don't make the traffic safer because we need organs to transplant? Come on. Okay, even if it was meant only in a humorous way, what should happen to those organs? Shouldn't they be used to help other people?

Technology doesn't make people freer because not everyone can afford it. Yes, exactly. But once again, this is not a technological problem but rather a problem of our society. And even if a lot of people like to visit mediterranean countries in their holidays, so what? They are free to choose and just because many people do it that doesn't mean they're detemined to do that. Maybe I'm missing something here but that doesn't make sense to me.

If a damn breaks they can find out why it broke and see who exactly was responsible for that. I agree that many jobs are extremely specialized these days, but that's already a countermeasure against the shortage of jobs our economic system can't cope with.

Well, and the director of that concentration camp was just an irresposible prick, yeah. He didn't even think about all the people who died there. But I can't see a reason why this is another argument against technology itself. Sure, they designed the camps to be as efficient as possible and they relied on technological approaches. But if they hadn't got that technology to use, would their intentions be any different? As I said before several times, you can use tools to do both harm and good.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm seriously getting pissed off by the status quo. I'm going to complete my degree and if I can't find HR work in the coming year, I will be getting together other angry, disenfranchised folk to create a serious disturbance.

I am seriously pissed off that I'm basically in the position of having to choose between my GPA and work. I am unable to find an employer willing to put me on for the 15-25 hours that are my limit if I am to work towards a high B/low A. I need that to get into grad school. If I'm not going to have a future anyway I'd might as well risk it trying to destroy those who are trying to destroy mine. If the establishment will work with those who are trying to improve it, so be it. But if it will not, then it faces destruction as those negativist forces which would improve it are the judges of its fate. It will be destroyed and a new, righteous establishment will be installed in its place.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technological unemployment is taking us into the greatest depression. The only way out is a paradigm shift. Change or die scrubs!
    Tcaud your degree might not be worth much/anything by the time you get it (let alone GPA lol) so make plans B, C, and E.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make your own damn organs. With technology.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Make your own damn organs. With technology.
    Br'er Woof already pointed out that vat-grown replacement parts are an ever-nearer marketplace reality, Chicken Littles and god-botherers be damned.

Here's another Gamma business plan that will revitalize the agriculture, food service, security, and automotive part manufacturing/replacement industries, this time revolving around