Thread: Narc functions versus empath functions

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Narc functions versus empath functions

Disclaimer: I don't use the term 'narcissism' to be an insult or 'empathy' as a compliment, just to illustrate the point of narcissistic functions vs. empathetic functions.

There are 4 narcissistic functions. They are: Ni, Te, Ne and Ti.

And likewise there are 4 functions of empathy. They are Fi, Fe, Si & Se.

I think that a narcissistic polr hurts your chance of personal success, whereas an empathetic polr hurts your interpersonal relationships.

So quite crudely, when people tell a person with a narcissistic polr that they need to toughen up and just be more selfish, it actually does have a lot of truth to it. It's just not usually all that socially wise to be that direct with people. When people morally chastise somebody with an empathetic polr.... that has a lot of truth to it as well, but you probably really have to do it in a way that they could take, be a person in their same quadra, emotionally close to them already, and a lot of other factors.

Notice how in dual pairs, the leading function of one is narc and the other its empath.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah I was just thinking INFjs don't really fit this.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would say that Se is narc and Ni is empathy but that doesn't really make sense for esfj. Haha.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Empath function is Fi.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

maritsa rate all 8 functions in order from most narcissistic to most empathetic.

I'm bored and I need something to entertain myself while my video game is downloading.

btw I love you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A narcissist usually disregards other people. This is an emotional response to some sort of stimuli either one acquired by external factors or one built due to external factors any type can be this way.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think you'd get a lot more customers on your life coaching site if you lowered the prices.

Have you ever got any clients on that thing?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, I have a few clients. I'm not lowering the price. I don't want a swarm of people who don't know what they want and don't want to invest money getting it. I'm looking for quality not quantity. I always offer lower prices. God knows how many free clients I've taken up.
    -

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I would say that Se is narc and Ni is empathy but that doesn't really make sense for esfj. Haha.
    Idk to me Ni is really an empathetic function. Like an ESFj wouldn't be purposefully narc but their misdirected good intentions would be something similar to narc because of the hurt they might cause by having Ni polr. Dos that make sense? Se seems more narc to me..I think it really is more rigid and fragile in some ways. Ni has "give" and wisdom.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Like an ESFj wouldn't be purposefully narc but their misdirected good intentions would be something similar to narc because of the hurt they might cause by having Ni polr. Dos that make sense?
    Yes it does. <3

Your Se always clears up my confusion. I hope my Ni does the same for you.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the OP is completely wrong.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the OP.

I see a web site some month ago who state something similar, Fx as oral stage , Nx as narcissism, Tx as anal stade, Sx as I dont remember.

I suppose (and only SUPPOSE) that narcissism is not especially when N is at dom or aux function, because the function can take naturally too much type of information (experience, social, personnal, ect) , this not allowing to be really "self-centered" and unaware that imaginative self is not in track with reality.
    Perhaps a Nx HA can do more the trick.

Yeah I was just thinking INFjs don't really fit this.
    You dont know about the hidden narcissism of INFj ?

Ni is empathy
    lolwut ? or just another mystiped INFj/INFp ?
    Last edited by noid; 01-03-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal hypothesis: Socionics in itself is a theory of narcissistic and counter-dependent narcissistic functions, and of intertype relations between narcissistic types and counter-dependent narcissistic types. The question whether a valued Information Element is narcissistic or counter-dependent narcissistic, depends on its position in Model A.

Note that I do not mean narcissism in the pathological sense.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    Agree with the OP.

I see a web site some month ago who state something similar, Fx as oral stage , Nx as narcissism, Tx as anal stade, Sx as I dont remember.
    You mean this? I came across it over several months ago:

http://www.jeppegj.dk/

Te ego = Primary Anal
    Ne ego = Primary Narcissist
    Fe ego = Primary Oral
    Se ego = Primary Phallic

Ti ego = Secondary Anal
    Ni ego = Secondary Narcissist
    Fi ego = Secondary Oral
    Si ego = Secondary Phallic

Extrovert = Progressive
    Introvert = Regressive
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 01-03-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great ! Thx EyeSeeCold.

Ive hard time to see ENFp as narcissist anyway. Generally Narc description sound like Te dom/Fi last. Im not sure and dont want to hurt anyone.

edit : excellent but it wasnt this website, it less about MBTI than jung, have colorfull design and less about relationship ! great anyway. Here they concentrate on function, so what is said isnt especially false, even if relationship are somewhat dubious
    Last edited by noid; 01-03-2012 at 04:22 PM.

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plop

it was this one :

http://www.jeppegj.dk/Unification_th...psychology.htm

go figure why I remembered a colorfull site

notice that I find there Fi description wrecked compared to Jung one. I dont know how feeling can do all these not-feeling things.
    Regressive role – Introverted Feeling
    The regressive oral character is a very idealistic one. They refuse to acknowledge a world where the principle of lust is not in force. They shy away from rational thinking, because the notion that every action has consequence, contradicts with the principle of lust according to which all needs are immediately satisfied. Instead they harbour an idealised inconsistent view of how the world works, and they will defend this view (since it is based on the principle of lust). They are therefore drawn towards the supernatural, since this requires no consistent logical explanation. They also believe that everything has a predetermined purpose, so that their actions don’t chance anything or have any negative consequence. It might even be the will of God when things happen. God is almighty, only he decides how the world works. And since God is good, he makes the world is ideal. That might sound inconsistent because Gods decisions must also have negative consequence. However it does not sound that way in the ears of the introverted oral. Still God knows magic, is magic, so they don’t!
    Faith can move great mountains some say. At least it can make you fell better, which I find very recognisable. Sometimes believing is all we have, and certainly it has led to many great revolutions and regime-changes over time!
    In opposition to the regressive anal person’s often very realistic or pessimistic view of a situation, the introverted oral will often have a more optimistic view of a situation. It refuses to see the negative, which would otherwise contradict with the principle of lust and make the regressive oral feel bad. This optimism often affects others making them feel better as well.

-- Maurice Chapelain

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narcissistic Healing Nx self heal/shield or give unique effects to others to boost own ego power

Narcissistic Power Tx serious business, crit damage and ultimate power leveling

Empathetic Healing Sx group heal and defense, keeping the team healthy and motivated

Empathetic Power Fx helping victims rid evil with kind heart magic and power-boosting encouragement

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The silence of the Gillys.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Gilly. <3

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Hi

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't use the term 'narcissism' to be an insult or 'empathy' as a compliment, just to illustrate the point of narcissistic functions vs. empathetic functions.
    I love it when Betas talk about empathy either way. Ivory tower sort of empathy gives me a fresh and less disturbing perspective on cruelty .
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting read: "The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic.". From the article and my understanding, empathy is rather related to the Irrational functions (perception-based, instead of premeditation: convictions, ethics, taste) and on the Ne/Si side IMO - Ni/Se view the global comprehensive side of things, such as "the best", "ultimate", "universal" or "eternal". Se and Te at least, in which the maximum concrete outcome is the only sensible answer, are out of the equation, though they would be capable of the best charitable deal which no one could dispute.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a difference between talking about being a thinker in Jung's types and thinking in general as a category...

As Jung's types, your categories are wrong. I've seen people use Fe to subjugate other people to their own beliefs, no matter how ignorant or ill-founded they may be; and I've seen people use Ti to settle disputes by making all parties involved feel that how everything was resolved came out fair or...I've seen people use Te to tell people what must be done in regards to their person, no matter how ignorant or ill-founded the Te may be; and I've seen people use Fi to justify taking a choice of hurting few people over many people...

Saying shit like this just isn't right; it gives people deluded ideas to make judgments on and makes some people (Ni, Ti, Te, Ne types) feel ethically violated by your categorizations.

Why do this?

Edit: I know Ti was represented positively. Whatever, I'm not editing this. It's true information. And all I'm doing is showing you why you're wrong (hopefully you'll listen).