Default How to win Alphas over

Discuss.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Show up with movie, food and wine and jokes....Si.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-male

Puns.
    Crazy, light energy is always a good.
    Puns.
    Appeal to our curiosity.
    Puns.
    A sense of humour. Bonus points if it includes...
    Pop culture references. What, did you think I was going to say "puns"?
    A sense of humour--even if it's not in a delivery sense, but an ability to laugh, even if it's an awkward throat-laugh, like, "Eheheh, (oh God, what's he going to say next...)"
    Not taking things seriously. Ever. Alpha is not the serious business quadra, that's Gamma. Especially the business part.
    Being respectful of others' levels of comfort in a group setting. Thick skin is good, making people uncomfortable is not.
    Not starting shit. This is part of the "comfort levels" comment above. Stirring controversy is a quick way of alienating your friendly neighbourhood SEI. I hear Alpha NTs enjoy a good debate, though. Only ESEs are allowed to stir up an emotional mess, because they're... well, I won't offend my Activators
    Say smart things. Alphas value intellect and wit. If you can't say anything smart, listen to someone offering up their intelligence. This is equally as good.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring cake.
    Stan is not my real name.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Bring cake.
    We're a one-dimensional Quadra, not a zero-dimensional Quadra.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Drop dead.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanks Arthur View Post
    Fine. Cake and fart jokes.
    Stan is not my real name.

Creepy-male

Lol. And the sex jokes.

But it's always kind of disappointing when Deltas don't really seem to "get" Alpha. Rick's just as guilty, and I shudder to think what my Delta cadre at school thought of me

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did a thread on this years back, only I was serious.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pied Piper View Post
    That's overall a big turn-off to me.
    ---

If someone only once pronounces "linux" or anything in my range of interests, I'm all eyes and ears .
    Get out of your ivory tower and have some fun, fella.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Step down of your golden throne and tell us what wins you over, btw.
    Only because you asked me so politely. That wins me over 8 times out of 10.

I actually think I'm rather easy to win over. The trick is to be open, non-judgmental, and open to ideas and experiences that are a little out of the norm. Saying yes to "Hey, you want to run through the parking lot and back because we can?" works wonders. Giving nice hugs works, too.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's overall a big turn-off to me.
    +1
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring cake.
    It is true, the cake is a lie.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I can think of ways NOT to win them over (personal experiences with ILEs in particular)

But also:

Be consistently active with them.

Make jokes, don't take things too seriously, don't talk about deep personal feelings.

DON'T play rough with them as it will be deemed mean and obnoxious rather than playfully affectionate (they can be very easy to offend on this and some are outright overly sensitive and will sulk, or so I have seen) or be too push/pull but don't be too easy.

Don't find their onslaught of sex jokes and random humor as offensive or idiotic and try not to give in to the temptation of seeing them as fickle/shallow. (though I tend to find it funny when coming from particularly my female ILE friends/associates to where I am even making jokes about 'pussy')

Don't bother them with long explanations (especially by throwing a lot of Te in) as they will just get annoyed with you and more or less kindly to tell you to stfu.

Don't expect them to be too interested in your deep-seated emotions and problems. You'll get an easy-fix cheer up encouragement while hinting to feign happiness or just make them downright uncomfortable.

Don't expect them, especially ILEs, to sincerely apologize or feel bad for insulting important ethics you may hold which seem illogical to them or to understand why you would be so angry and want nothing to do with them, if you are personally bothered by that, and are bothered by their utter lack of remorse. (to be fair, my best friend would never be like this and he is ILE, but he's a straight up nice guy, if you will ,and even my ESI mother loves him. A female ILE friend also makes fun of some of this stuff but it's never malicious and is very funny)

ILEs, many times, have a need for gushy praise for their wit and intelligence. I recommend being sincere but cutesy about it, too.

And so forth.

A bit sarcastic on my part but it's what I have experienced, mostly with Alpha NTs, particularly with ILEs (and now I know why Gammas and Alphas do not mix in a close friend context :shudder: )

Sorry, I have had some bad experiences in the last year or so. FTR, I would never ever recommend Gammas and Alphas even trying to be romantically involved. Just. Don't!

And I realize I am over exaggerating.
    you have issues man

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often