Thread: ENFps (and Delta Quadra overall) having the mentality of 60 at 14

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFps (and Delta Quadra overall) having the mentality of 60 at 14

Do other ENFPs have felt a lot older despite being young? Your body says 14, 21, 25 but your mind and wisdom says 70, 80, 90?

I have a silly side where I tend to indulge in ironic humor, but when that is not in my daily moods I can go towards a wisdom of of a '90 year old.'

I have always ben told (since I was 14) that I act way too mature (like a wise old man) constaly giving advise, warning others of future phenomena and psychoanalyzing them.

Have any others ENFps (or NFs in general) experience this?
    ENFp (IEE, intuitive Subtype)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Alliterator View Post
    Do other ENFPs have felt a lot older despite being young? Your body says 14, 21, 25 but your mind and wisdom says 70, 80, 90?

I have a silly side where I tend to indulge in ironic humor, but when that is not in my daily moods I can go towards a wisdom of of a '90 year old.'

I have always ben told (since I was 14) that I act way too mature (like a wise old man) constaly giving advise, warning others of future phenomena and psychoanalyzing them.

I think you guys have equal parts old man and young kid in a playground at times =]
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sort of... Oftentimes I feel stuck in a situation where I'm in the wrong mentality. Like at work I feel like I'm not serious enough, and then other times I feel like I'm being a killjoy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm definitely delta NF, and I've always been told about being way more mature than my biological age which I find annoying. A lot of people tend to find me childish at the same time, so it's like a weird combination of maturity and childishness...
    The delta quadra is regarded as having an "old age", so regardless of our actual age, we're all grannies inside..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy View Post
    I'm definitely delta NF, and I've always been told about being way more mature than my biological age which I find annoying. A lot of people tend to find me childish at the same time, so it's like a weird combination of maturity and childishness...
    The delta quadra is regarded as having an "old age", so regardless of our actual age, we're all grannies inside..
    Maybe it's that the world sucks and they just don't understand us

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too have been critiqued (since High School) of being too strange and acting old, despite being young (I am 25 now).

When I was 17 I felt like I had the mentality of 60, at 25 I think I have the mentality of 90 year old.

This is why I have felt that if Reincarnation was true, I've been in the reincarnation-death-life cycle for at least over a thousand years!

Very different from say the ESFP, who seems to always be childlike but never alternating between wise old sage and silly clown the way ENFps do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Maybe it's that the world sucks and they just don't understand us
    Us deltas, I mean grammas, might speak a foreign language but we can also understand other people's languages and that's what's so great about us!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too have been critiqued (since High School) of being too strange and acting old, despite being young (I am 25 now).

When I was 17 I felt like I had the mentality of 60, at 25 I think I have the mentality of 90 year old.

This is why I have felt that if Reincarnation was true, I've been in the reincarnation-death-life cycle for at least over a thousand years!

Very different from say the ESFP, who seems to always be childlike but never alternating between wise old sage and silly clown the way ENFps do.
    I think this is a common trait for deltas in general but ENFps skillfully master the art of being mature and wise yet keeping in touch with the inner child. Some people tend to think that you can only be one or the other. I think ENFps are both and that's their brilliance.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a common trait for deltas in general but ENFps skillfully master the art of being mature and wise yet keeping in touch with the inner child. Some people tend to think that you can only be one or the other. I think ENFps are both and that's their brilliance.
    8-)
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    8-)
    :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth it's everyone else I think who has the problem of just being stupid.

- Voltaire

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to everything that's been said in this thread so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so much old, is that the Delta Quadra has an aura of Wise Old Sages, hence why you feel older because you have the mentality of someone who has lived for about 100 years.

ESTj, INFj, ENFp and ISTp all have such aura.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I don't feel the wisdom-mentality you are talking about. I can't say I've ever met anyone like that neither. Probably I don't get what you're all talking about?

I do have a kind of wisdom that I cherish in myself, but I would say it is timeless. I'd even call it young sooner than "old". It's open. It makes me look twice before judging and settling for a judgement of anyone's intention. It keeps me open to other ways of living, other ways of reasoning, other cultures, other meaning, other political views, other religious convictions and anything else. It's not an old person's closed mind. I feel rather without boundaries, almost too open. Like a teen-ager in a way, but still more mature ... -> timeless. Is this the aura you are talking about, or am I just describing IEE...?

I think that the term "old" is the exact opposite of being closed minded, look at it like this: other quadras are younger, they have their pov but the old man has already experienced that pov thus the old man is the most open minded because it has been through all of the stages and it is more settled but in a way that sees the bigger picture. Quadras are caught up in their life stage, in a race to fulfill their pov which is narrowed down to their "quadra age" – it could be alpha's child's point of view, beta's angsty teenager point of view, gammas grown up in a capitalist world pov but the "old" quadra is not stuck in a race, it's beyond the race. It's more open and wise because it's not caught up in a little time frame; it's been through it all and therefore is wiser, more mature. It's the exact opposite of being closed minded – being old means you understand all life phases therefore you're wiser – you see the whole picture. Being closed minded is being caught up in a frame, in a box, being narrowed down to a specific agenda but the old man has a wider point of view, it's less narrow. It's like an old wise man looking at the younger generations possessing the ability to understand everyone's pov and with that he can cultivate a much better, wider understanding.
    (Hope my explanation was clear enough..)

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the term "old" is the exact opposite of being closed minded, look at it like this: other quadras are younger, they have their pov but the old man has already experienced that pov thus the old man is the most open minded because it has been through all of the stages and it is more settled but in a way that sees the bigger picture. Quadras are caught up in their life stage, in a race to fulfill their pov which is narrowed down to their "quadra age" – it could be alpha's child's point of view, beta's angsty teenager point of view, gammas grown up in a capitalist world pov but the "old" quadra is not stuck in a race, it's beyond the race. It's more open and wise because it's not caught up in a little time frame; it's been through it all and therefore is wiser, more mature. It's the exact opposite of being closed minded – being old means you understand all life phases therefore you're wiser – you see the whole picture. Being closed minded is being caught up in a frame, in a box, being narrowed down to a specific agenda but the old man has a wider point of view, it's less narrow. It's like an old wise man looking at the younger generations possessing the ability to understand everyone's pov and with that he can cultivate a much better, wider understanding.
    Great post! Gotta <3 Delta.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    Great post! Gotta <3 Delta.
    thank you. And yes, delta rocks!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm constantly told I "act old". It's a delta thing, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree with you. This is what I think of when I say "older". Older doesn't mean old closed minded codger.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great reply Cheesy!

A Wise Old Sage is the opposite of being close minded.

Being Wise means that you're open to different perspectives and views, you know of the world so much so that you are not narrow minded in the slightest.

Hence why you are open to different cultures and opinions.

This is different from the other quadras who are more prone to not accept the opinions of others as they think that they are right.

Even the young aura of the Betas and Child-like aura of the Alphas does not deter that Quadra from being close minded to other views and cultures. As a matter of fact they are more prone to it (along with Gammas) then the Deltas.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm constantly told I "act old". It's a delta thing, I'm sure.
    I'm always told I'm an old soul.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate most definitely...sometimes i think that i dont really come alive until i'm 40 lol ...n' thats scary....but i have moments when my silly switch operates and it doesn't really matter lol
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are certain characteristics that I associate with old people.

1. Saving Money
    2. Voting in every election
    3. Driving Slow
    4. Responsibility
    5. Practicality
    6. Rising before dawn

None of these I associate with IEE.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 24 and my closest friends are 34, 43, 45, 55, 61...

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post

1. Saving Money - I save, I probably have more savings than you.
    2. Voting in every election. - I do.
    3. Driving Slow. - I do.
    4. Responsibility. - I am.
    5. Practicality - Not that much but I try.
    6. Rising before dawn. - No hell.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I'm 24 and my closest friends are 34, 43, 45, 55, 61...
    I've usually been able to relate to older people better, especially through school. I've always felt older than my peers. So yeah, I can relate to this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends differ in age more than "normal", I guess, ranging from half my age to double my age. I don't feel age barriers the way some others seem to feel them. It's that timeless feeling I mentioned.

My husband is younger than I, but people tend to think I'm the younger one. They tell me I look and act younger than my age. I don't think anyone would see me as older than I am.

I feel totally non-Delta after reading about all of your old-people feelings... Can you please convince me it's normal for an IEE to feel young, before I turn ILE on you again...
    i think you need to take a closer look at ILE. my thoughts...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbmmama View Post
    i think you need to take a closer look at ILE. my thoughts...
    Maybe, ah?

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you ILE, now...?
    you're asking because we've thought we're the same type, huh?

the only and main difference i see is that you're a little more Fe than me, a little "nicer." but that may just be a perception from online where we may be more alike irl. hard to tell unless we met irl.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a conspiracy? Are you pushing me out of your quadra???
    haha, don't be silly.

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to having more people who are older then yourself then others.

Most of my friends are all older then I am and I can have interesting conversations with people of different age brackets.

I can be child-like and playful with kids and teens, but can also be very serious and sage like when speaking to friends who are in their 30's, 40's and even 50 something.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also asked because I was curious if you've found your type?

I actually like using Fe for fun, so you are right about your perception. I find you a little more Se than me, so we might be different types. I'm not at all sure we're the same type. My theory is that we share a common background where we were "forced" to take on other personalities by our surroundings. At least I see a lot of you in me when it comes to the way you described your relations to your family. I also had to "change personalities" and be "tougher" to cope with my family environment. I think maybe that is the thing that makes us similar. We may or may not be the same socionic type.
    yes, those are things i see as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy View Post

1. Saving Money
    2. Voting in every election
    3. Driving Slow
    4. Responsibility
    5. Practicality
    6. Rising before dawn

None of these I associate with IEE.
    only half of one of those applies to me
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think partly due to that i had older girlfriends (like 2-3 years) in my teen years as i thought of them as more mature and fitting and they seemed to see me as equal. Most of my friends are 1-3 years older than me up to this day, although new acquaintances now can be 1-3 years younger than me and im not bothered (im 25 soon). I get along fine with my brothers friends, which are like 5-15 years older than me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've often felt both younger and older. It's like there's an undercurrent in life and everyone else is steadily carried along with it. And I'm a little outside. Not totally outside, but just enough to often wonder what everyone else is playing at.

What do I mean with "younger"? Hm. Childlike, fun-loving, silly? And always astonished at things everyone else takes for granted. The sun! It's red in the evenings! LOOK AT THAT! And it actually changes its actual colour!! And everyone else goes: "Calm down, schr&#246;dinger. We noticed. It's OK."

What's "old"? Focussing on the big picture and then seeing the others so focussed on the here-and-now. It's like watching ants run around, trying to carry all those wee sticks, doing whatever it is they're currently thinking is important. What others my age are doing often seems weird. When I was 14 and everyone started giggling and shrieking and secretly looking at passport photos of guys and calling them "cute"? Sickening. Now I'm in my 30s and everyone is so focussed on furniture and holidays and getting toys that "foster your kid's abilities". So middle-aged! I mean, obviously we ARE middle-aged, but STILL...! Life's so short! We should all be drinking red wine and doing the tango and buying our kids fingerpaints so they can paint themselves and then hug the curtain. THAT's what we should be doing. Life's so short.