Thread: I had a dream I made this thread

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I had a dream I made this thread

...only it wasn't so much a thread because "What's my type" was a room I went into and a couple of forum peeps were there. I think I asked if type changes throughout life and we pretty much unanimously agreed that the actual reality of who you are and your cognitive proclivities remains around a constant equilibrium, sometimes ebbing or flowing this or that way but ultimately returning to some perceptual and rational baseline, and that type 'changes' were merely the result of cherry picking from these temporary meandering shifts in focus and assigning them too much relevance, both as more stable aspects of one's personality and just in general being too quick to imbue the virile foibles of everyday adaptation, reaction, repulsion or propulsion with semantic content that may not be fully justifiable. Then I asked if maybe I could be ESI or IEI and a three foot tall 'NO' on fire projected onto one of the walls, so I shrugged and said I didn't really think so either.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is one trippy dream dude.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know you read too much about Socionics if it enters your dreams.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    You're telling me. I was apparently dreaming this thread before this thread was even made.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    You know you read too much about Socionics if it enters your dreams.
    The funny thing is I haven't even been coming here that often these days.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mune always has the craziest, clearest dreams. My dreams are always these vague impressions more than anything else. Mune could literally write a book from his. Jealous
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I know right? Monday night's was truly ridiculous.

Well, the first brief one I remember...Gohan had just defeated Majin Buu in combat. We threw his corpse into a trash can and were going to fire it off into space but we didn't have any fuel. Apparently though, urine is as good as rocket fuel in dream land because I filled the can to the brim, Gohan popped on the trash lid, and we were about to blast him off when*I woke up and had to use the restroom. Then I went back to sleep.

I was sitting in the passenger seat of a beat up station wagon driving past some low concrete walls into a desert shanty town. Dust and sand kicked up occasionally through the bullet holes and shattered windows. Brad Pitt (wearing a bucket hat and aviators) was driving and talking to me and my little sister (about seven or eight, listlessly staring out the window, her hair black save a few streaks of orange), but his words were occasionally drowned out by the irritating creak of the roof mounted machine gun that bounced relentlessly on the uneven road. Something about wishing our mother wasn't gone but we'd make a new life here. All the buildings seemed to have been thrown together haphazardly of random bits of rusted sheet metal, wood, and stone. One of them was our new home. We wound our way through the narrow, unplanned avenues, every once in a while catching a glimpse of an unfriendly visage glowering out of the hovels we passed.

Suddenly Brad Pitt slammed on the brakes and yelled a name I'd forgotten out the window. In the middle of the road ahead was our mother (Olivia Wilde in a western dress carrying a basket of carrots), alive. My dad and little sister leapt out of the car and ran over to hug her. Something felt wrong. I crept out of the passenger seat and watched my father grasp my mother's hand and my little sister's and turn to me. "What are you doing? Get over here!" Tears streaked down his face and he looked so happy. My mother hadn't said a thing, just smiled gently at me. "We can't stay here. This isn't right," I said, walking over and taking my sister's other hand, "We've got to go." A mournful look passed through my father's eyes before he slowly nodded. "You'll need these then," he said, handing me the keys. I pulled my sister towards the car. She held my dad's hand for as long as she could before letting go. As we got into the car and drove off I saw my mother and father wave us off, briefly, in the rear view, before the dust and sand swallowed them. My little sister twisted in her seat to look at me, her eyes brimming over, "Where are we going now???" I reached over and took her hand in mine. "Home."

In the way dreams go we arrived almost instantly at the house we'd grown up in...but it was different. Everything, the house, the streets, the trees and grass, seemed bigger, greener. It was as if someone had made a model version of it all only the scale was off. Clotheslines towered twenty feet into the air. The equally disproportionate linens bowed in the breeze like shimmering white banners. My sister, laughing like I hadn't heard in so long, took off into the back yard. I stopped at the oversized chain link fence and took in the emerald slope of the hill behind our home. My little sister was laying on the lawn waving at me, so I walked over and laid next to her. She seemed so ridiculously happy. Everything was new and beautiful. She pointed to the grass and I noticed it was some kind of weird emerald foam: soft, sort of squishy, with stalks of grass shooting out of it. I glanced at our house and couldn't believe how humongous it was. The strange foreboding feeling struck again so I got up and told her we needed to go. My sister's smile softened for a moment before she shook her head. She wasn't coming with me. We hugged and I walked towards the car, looking back to see if she changed her mind but she waved at me, goodbye this time.

Everything changed again and I found myself in an insanely nice building, a hotel or palace or something. Everywhere I turned there were fountains and the water was so blue, almost like it was dyed. It was bustling with men in suits and women in dresses like it was big affair. I started wandering around listening to a hundred mingling conversations and the sound of rushing water. A familiar voice stopped me and I twisted to see my mom and dad standing behind me. They were smiling and talking but I couldn't quite hear what they said. My Brad dad gestured like I should be on my way so I started walking off and almost ran into my sister. She had navy highlights this time and she grinned from ear to ear as she produced a ring from her dress. Confused I glanced at it before I put it in my pocket. She pointed emphatically at a pair of huge engraved wooden doors so I strode towards and through them.

Inside, there was a long dining table that could sit about sixteen people (1 at each end and 7 on each side). I sat on one end and started chatting. Everyone I spoke to had a British accent. Suddenly, there was silence and everybody shifted in their seats towards the doors again. A woman entered, about my age, a brunette in a sapphire-colored dress, and she took her seat to my right. That's when I realized that I was going to marry her at some point. It was some kind of engagement party or something. She was gorgeous, and seemed to be happy about the whole deal. I forget what she was talking about, but it was a weird topic and it made me feel a little more comfortable. In fact, I actually was starting to feel pretty good about it all. She winked, made a joke, and pulled me aside.

[At this point I got tired writing the whole thing so to summarize, she told me I had to leave and I didn't want to, but then everyone else in the room realized what was going on and tried to keep me there. She wound up throwing me in a small room, locking the door, and telling me to jump. I dove through a stained glass window that looked like a dolphin in the sea. When I picked myself up off the ground I realized I was at work and I told my boss I was quitting. He got really pissed and threw me in a prison cell. It got pretty hazy at that point but I escaped and wound up prying a glaive out of the hands of one of those decorative suits of armor in a hallway, though when I busted into his office it was a huge cavern and he was a fifty foot tall monster with the head of an octopus. The End.]

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What....the fuck. Is this what they teach you in Philosophy?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, the subconscious is just a crazy strange place!

Then again, I don't know if the philosophy helped...

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    You're telling me. I was apparently dreaming this thread before this thread was even made.
    Well, according to pokemon theory, basic personality is set, although as you grow and develop and blundgeon others unconscious, you occasionally evolve into the next best thing.
    lmao!

Well played munenori...well played.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Get a life man
    Lol I'm so drunk

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    I had a dream I made this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Get a life man
    Lol I'm so drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I Have A Dream.
    Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
    Quote Originally Posted by fork View Post
    Straight on.