Thread: Arrested Development

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Arrested Development

Pictured (L to R): GOB, George Sr., Lindsay, Tobias, Michael, Lucille, George Michael, Maeby, Buster.

- Michael: ENTj
    - Lindsay: ESFp
    - GOB: ESTp
    - George Michael: IxTj
    - Maeby: ENFj
    - Buster: ENFp
    - Tobias: INFj
    - George Bluth Sr: ISTp
    - Lucille: ESFp
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I've heard a lot of good things about this show, but I've never actually seen it. I'll have to check it out.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly recommend it. I am kind of surprised (if not disappointed) though that no one else has seen it or does not feel compelled to chime in on this thread.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I highly recommend it. I am kind of surprised (if not disappointed) though that no one else has seen it or does not feel compelled to chime in on this thread.
    I loved that show (and Lindsay is hawt IMO) I'm just not into the typing thing at the moment. Besides, I've traded off Arrested Development for It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia (thinking of starting a thread for that one soon :wink: )

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giving this another chance. I'll just leave up my original type speculations to be hacked and mangled with.
    Johari Box

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I loved that show (and Lindsay is hawt IMO) I'm just not into the typing thing at the moment. Besides, I've traded off Arrested Development for It's Always Sunny In Philidelphia (thinking of starting a thread for that one soon :wink: )
    Ditto good show. Ditto hotness. Yes.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you like the show, but do you have any thoughts on the types of the characters?
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George Michael: Te-ESTj
    Lindsay: ESFj
    Tobias: INTj
    GOB: ESFp
    Michael: Ti-ENTp
    Lucille: Alpha SF

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post
    Wow, these seem quite wrong on so many levels.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post

Pictured (L to R): GOB, George Sr., Lindsay, Tobias, Michael, Lucille, George Michael, Maeby, Buster.

- Michael: ENTj
    - Lindsay: ESFp
    - GOB: ESTp
    - George Michael: IxTj
    - Maeby: ENFj
    - Buster: ENFp
    - Tobias: INFj
    - George Bluth Sr: ISTp
    - Lucille: ESFp
    If I had to pick one show to watch for the rest of my life, I would definitely pick Arrested Development. :wink:
    Anyway, I agree with these typings for the most part. I can't really see both Lindsay and Lucille as ESFp because they conflict so much on the show. I mean, I know it's Lucille's role to be the disapproving mother, but I always thought of Lindsay as an Alpha SF or something.
    I doubt George Michael is ISTj, just because he is so awkward and shy and a Beta ST would display more confidence, and somehow I can't see INTj for him either. Do you think he could be INTp?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    If I had to pick one show to watch for the rest of my life, I would definitely pick Arrested Development. :wink:
    Anyway, I agree with these typings for the most part. I can't really see both Lindsay and Lucille as ESFp because they conflict so much on the show. I mean, I know it's Lucille's role to be the disapproving mother, but I always thought of Lindsay as an Alpha SF or something.
    These two were hard choices for me honestly, and I'm still not entirely sure for either of them, as I could see potential evidence swinging either way. At times, Lucille almost has an EIE quality to her, which would explain some of similarities with Maeby. But I would have to watch the show closely again to pick up clues.

I doubt George Michael is ISTj, just because he is so awkward and shy and a Beta ST would display more confidence, and somehow I can't see INTj for him either. Do you think he could be INTp?
    Most likely not since he does respond well to Maeby's Fe that she sends, and he himself is probably of a rational > irrational type.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ISXj
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These two were hard choices for me honestly, and I'm still not entirely sure for either of them, as I could see potential evidence swinging either way. At times, Lucille almost has an EIE quality to her, which would explain some of similarities with Maeby. But I would have to watch the show closely again to pick up clues.

Most likely not since he does respond well to Maeby's Fe that she sends, and he himself is probably of a rational > irrational type.
    Oh, hm. Basing characters' types on intertype relations is full of contradictions, though. Because, yes, Lucille as EIE would make a lot of sense because she and Maeby have their fair share of bonding moments away from the rest of the family, but then Gob is definitely SLE and is also Lucille's least favorite child whereas Buster is her favorite and that would place them in opposing quadras. But Lucille and George Bluth Sr. as conflictors is pretty funny.

Lindsay and Michael have none of the same values concerning work ethics, family, moral values, etc. Also, remember that school that Lindsay and Tobias sent Maeby to? The idea behind that school sounds very alpha-ish to me and definitely not something a gamma would approve of (like Michael's character did in the show).

George Michael as rational > irrational is legit, but I'm still not sure about his type.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
    John Muir

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This show is awesome
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calenwen View Post
    Lindsay and Michael have none of the same values concerning work ethics, family, moral values, etc. Also, remember that school that Lindsay and Tobias sent Maeby to? The idea behind that school sounds very alpha-ish to me and definitely not something a gamma would approve of (like Michael's character did in the show).
    I associated that school with a sort of Delta-hippie quality as opposed to Alpha.

George Michael as rational > irrational is legit, but I'm still not sure about his type.
    Well that narrows it down to eight other types. Are there any other qualities that you see in his character?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    This show is awesome
    Any thoughts on their types?
    Johari Box

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Logos

I have not seen the show in awhile so i don't want to type them. Maybe I'll netflix the series because I remember how funny it was and come back here with some typings.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    Lindsay and Lucille: mixed and Se subtypes
    I'm still debating their types.

George Michael: Ne subtype
    Ne-subtype of LII?

Michael: Ni-LIE
    GOB: Se-SLE
    Maeby: Ni-EIE
    Buster: Fi-IEE
    George Sr.: Te-SLI
    Tobias: INF but not sure which. i find the actor David Cross IRL to also be some sort of NF that is hard to pin down.
    I agree with these. I am starting to think more IEI > EII for Tobias.
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised there aren't more comments on this show.... I agree with some of Logos's typings. Here goes...

Michael: LIE (the boring workaholic who always does the right thing)
    Lindsay: SEE (this one should be obvious. Image concerned, materialistic.)
    GOB: EIE (not sure why people are saying SLE - he's super-dramatic. Thinks Michael should have more fun.)
    George-Michael: LII (I think Michael Cera is LII also. Definitely some type and seems too serious to be leading. Character seems to share values with GOB.)
    Maeby: SLE (the troublemaker - might consider LSI or ILE too. Not too sure about this one, really.)
    Buster: EII or IEE (Infantile to Lucille's Caregiver)
    Tobias: IEE? Some NF. I think Cross is probably Delta NF. Maybe IEI works.
    George Sr.: SLE or LSI (womanizing, amoral, but also suave and shrewd. Rather close with GOB - maybe LSI is better.)
    Lucille: SLI (I can see why you would think she's an type, but she actually uses a lot. Plus her relationship with Buster as pointed out above. Doesn't respect Michael much at all, and really hates GOB. Kind of likes Lindsay and really likes Buster - all the relationships work out perfectly.)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice View Post

George Sr: ESTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Surprised there aren't more comments on this show.... I agree with some of Logos's typings. Here goes...

Michael: LIE (the boring workaholic who always does the right thing)
    Lindsay: SEE (this one should be obvious. Image concerned, materialistic.)
    GOB: EIE (not sure why people are saying SLE - he's super-dramatic. Thinks Michael should have more fun.)
    George-Michael: LII (I think Michael Cera is LII also. Definitely some type and seems too serious to be leading. Character seems to share values with GOB.)
    Maeby: SLE (the troublemaker - might consider LSI or ILE too. Not too sure about this one, really.)
    Buster: EII or IEE (Infantile to Lucille's Caregiver)
    Tobias: IEE? Some NF. I think Cross is probably Delta NF. Maybe IEI works.
    George Sr.: SLE or LSI (womanizing, amoral, but also suave and shrewd. Rather close with GOB - maybe LSI is better.)
    Lucille: SLI (I can see why you would think she's an type, but she actually uses a lot. Plus her relationship with Buster as pointed out above. Doesn't respect Michael much at all, and really hates GOB. Kind of likes Lindsay and really likes Buster - all the relationships work out perfectly.)
    I think my present opinion of their types now matches yours. And to expand:

Lucille: She makes notoriously insensitive Fe-PoLR remarks.

Maeby: SLE would fit well with George Michael's own asymmetric relation with her, in which he fruitlessly strives to gain her attention and adoration.
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my present opinion of their types now matches yours. And to expand:

Lucille: She makes notoriously insensitive Fe-PoLR remarks.

Maeby: SLE would fit well with George Michael's own asymmetric relation with her, in which he fruitlessly strives to gain her attention and adoration.
    Yeah, for sure.

Hm, maybe George Sr. is ILE?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yeah, for sure.

Hm, maybe George Sr. is ILE?
    That may work. GOB appears to have an asymmetrical relationship with George Sr., with GOB constantly striving (often in vain) for his father's attention.
    Johari Box

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Arrested Development

Anyone remember this show? It didn't come up on the search. Types?

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched it before but I don't remember how I typed the characters. The show itself seemed very Gamma to me or at the least very Se/Ni. I remember thinking Arnett's character seemed SLE or possibly LIE… but probably SLE. I remember thinking Alia Shawkat's character seemed very ILI. Though Im pretty sure Alia is SEE in real life. That's about all I got. I personally really liked the series.