Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grandia

So much focus on the painful past which Ryudo could do nothing about. And Melfice, who could do nothing about his feeling that he lacked power.

Melfice is quite obviously IEI. As for Ryudo, he seems SEE in light of his fixation on his past. His EM type is IEI. When he says "true justice comes from the heart", what he really means is that "true justice" is what you feel in light of the pure heart that arises out of well lived Ni.

Elena is ESI. She is "possessed" by the Wings of Valmar, possessed by an organ in some larger purpose. It is fair to say that she is "possessed" by Te.

Millennia's vice is her hunger, which she can barely sate. It is her hunger for the organs, to be more complete. She "desires" them, therefore her vice is Fi and her type is LSE.

Interestingly I had thought that Millennia was something of a "doppleganger" to Elena, a reflection of her id. However, that doesn't appear to be the case. Millennia was designed as her own person with her own needs and wants, separate from Elena.

As a general rule when dealing with characters, the primary developmental needs of the individual determine the type.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 06-27-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on these scenes, I'm changing my stance on Ryudo's type. I now believe him to be SLI. I think his talk about the "power of people" is delta Te lingo. The protection emphasis is delta Si. Ryudo sees the delta Te situation as unbalanced, permitting the increase of harm. Zera exalted one half of delta Te (rank) at the exclusion of the other half (teamwork). The result was a cascade of IM element imbalance, a perversion wrecking naught but destruction in its wake. Ryudo matches Zera by improving his rank (becoming Valmar), while taking care not to lose sight of the importance of teamwork.

In the ending, Ryudo leaves humanity behind. He has become the sole holder of the gods' power and as such, threatens to hold the people back. His embedding of the Horns sword in the ground may reflect his determination to forsake the power of the gods, which he could not share, so that he can be equal with the people once again.
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 02-11-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I remember this game, I played it when I was 13. What a horrible series.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    lol I remember this game, I played it when I was 13. What a horrible series.
    What was horrible about it?

BTW, this a type thread, not a gameplay discussion thread.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    What was horrible about it?
    I don't remember much of it but probably the copious use of jrpg cliches, cheesy music, I don't remember if Grandia 2 had voice acting but it was pretty bad in Grandia 3 as well as the dialog. Cardboard-cutout characters, etc.

BTW, this a type thread, not a gameplay discussion thread.
    Good luck with that.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    I don't remember much of it but probably the copious use of jrpg cliches, cheesy music, I don't remember if Grandia 2 had voice acting but it was pretty bad in Grandia 3 as well as the dialog. Cardboard-cutout characters, etc.

Good luck with that.
    Welcome to the ignore list. Enjoy your stay.

...On the other hand, you are an INFJ after all. I don't think you're not giving the game full credit -- Gamearts did, after all, establish most of the industry's cliches -- and are neglecting the sheer depth of detail offered by the storyline. What would you do differently?
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 02-11-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the ignore list. Enjoy your stay.
    Nooo but I had so many important things to tell you, like the history of the world as interpreted through children's books, jrpgs and pop psychology.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I can tell, the people who wrote the game's script have a pretty good idea of how people work. I've played many, many RPGs, and it's obvious that the complexity and variance of the characters has increased over time. We're a long way from days of "DarkSol wants to resurrect Dark Dragon for no apparent reason". Not that shallow characters are that unrealistic, of course. Many people really are that shallow. You don't think the people at the top of a brutal dictatorship have conceptual depth, do you?