Thread: Some LIE problems and are they only LIE problems? Do all ENTjs experience this?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Some LIE problems and are they only LIE problems? Do all ENTjs experience this?

1. Being hyper sensitive to sound and smell. Actually I thought that must be a SLE thing, and then I thought a bit more... maybe Se vulnerable? But no I am an LIE and am sensitive about some sensory things. Are all LIEs like that and is it even type related?

2. Talking too much about myself. Ask an ethical type and they'll tell you how it is that I am talking about my experiments, my experience, my adventures, my problems all the time. Only with an Fi-Dom I start to care about them truly and they don't talk that much.

3. When finding someone interesting, paying too much attention to them until they are a bit overwhelmed. Being too excited when you finally find someone who is not boring like others.

4. Perfectionism. Very high expectations from myself and others almost equally.

5. Everything is a competition, even in the gym! For example if the guy next to me is running with the speed of 8, I have to run with 9 or 10, or else I feel bad about myself.

6. Feeling unattractive for unknown reasons. I read this somewhere that all LIEs are like that, I think it has to do with Ni. When I look at myself in the mirror I don't see myself right now, I see what has potential for improvement, and how much better I can look in the future. Funny thing is I get a bit angry when someone makes a negative comment about my appearance at the moment, I answer them in my brain with "No worries if I do this and that I will look much better and you'll be surprised." As if I have already fixed the problem in my brain.

7. Weird handwriting. I move fast and my handwriting is readable but not tidy, even though my surroundings are usually tidy.

8. Being very initiative when you find someone interesting, but never the first one to ask them out for romantic purposes.

9. Predicting the future so much that you sometimes feel like you are watching a movie for the second time. Only sometimes.

10. Being jealous of taller and stronger people. Even though I am female and 5,7" I feel insecure around stronger and taller people!

11. Not being as good in school as the LII or the SLI because you have so many other projects and researching about all sorts of things unrelated to school plus not seeing any practical use of the theoretical studies unless it is proven by fact that it is useful in the future.

12. Not satisfied with your possessions since there is always room for improvement in the future. I wish us LIEs could live in the moment for a while!

13. All of the above make me seem a bit whiney overall and people think I am a negativist while I am always so hopeful about the future and a positivist.

Do you share these problems and thoughts?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kye View Post
    1. Being hyper sensitive to sound and smell. Actually I thought that must be a SLE thing, and then I thought a bit more... maybe Se vulnerable? But no I am an LIE and am sensitive about some sensory things. Are all LIEs like that and is it even type related?
    I do get distracted by sounds and smells. I like to have a low-level background white noise going most of the time. IDK why.

2. Talking too much about myself. Ask an ethical type and they'll tell you how it is that I am talking about my experiments, my experience, my adventures, my problems all the time. Only with an Fi-Dom I start to care about them truly and they don't talk that much.
    I tend to do that, too, but I'm conscious of it and have started focusing on the other person more. I think this relates to the idea that people will probably not like us unless we explain why we are trying to invade Russia.

3. When finding someone interesting, paying too much attention to them until they are a bit overwhelmed. Being too excited when you finally find someone who is not boring like others.
    I met an ESI-Fi at my high school reunion a week ago. We talked for twenty minutes and she told my cousin that I'm "intense". I thought I was being normal and polite.

Of course. We are efficient and tend to optimize everything around us, including ourselves.

5. Everything is a competition, even in the gym! For example if the guy next to me is running with the speed of 8, I have to run with 9 or 10, or else I feel bad about myself.
    Yes, I do that. I try to be quiet about it, though.

6. Feeling unattractive for unknown reasons. I read this somewhere that all LIEs are like that, I think it has to do with Ni. When I look at myself in the mirror I don't see myself right now, I see what has potential for improvement, and how much better I can look in the future. Funny thing is I get a bit angry when someone makes a negative comment about my appearance at the moment, I answer them in my brain with "No worries if I do this and that I will look much better and you'll be surprised." As if I have already fixed the problem in my brain.
    Yes, exactly. I wish I looked better, but I don't. I have accumulated a few facial scars and broke my nose and fractured my skull and I have the start of a gut but I swear I will work it off. My ex says I'm normally a 5 out of 10, but when I smile I'm a 7. I try to smile when I think of it.

7. Weird handwriting. I move fast and my handwriting is readable but not tidy, even though my surroundings are usually tidy.
    My handwriting used to be good when I had loads of time to spend on it, but now it just gets worse and worse, so I mostly use a computer with spell-check.
    With respect to my surroundings, I try to maintain a minimalist living space. It is less cluttered and distracting that way. I don't always succeed, because junk accumulates until it gets an assigned place.

8. Being very initiative when you find someone interesting, but never the first one to ask them out for romantic purposes.
    I am very much like that. I can easily talk to anyone, including strangers who look interesting, but if I have romantic feelings for someone, I kind of get paralyzed. I can't bring myself to come out and tell them that.
    This has been a huge problem for me all my life, to the extent that I never dated in high school or college, and was a virgin until I was 25. Fortunately, an LSI Aggressor fixed that. I kind of flipped a switch for a few years after her and "dated" a lot, until I got married. Now that I'm divorced, I'm dating a lot again, but I haven't found anyone I'm serious about.
    If I find someone interesting, I can easily approach them and we can date and maybe sex happens and maybe it doesn't, it depends on the level of physical attraction and whether I think they can deal with sex with someone who just wants to be a friend. If I think there is the possibility of a long term commitment with a woman, I still kind of freeze up.
    In my particular case, with ESI's, if I think there is a possibility of a long term commitment, I have to hold in my mind the idea that nothing is going to happen, we are just friends with common interests hanging out together and this is pretty terrific by itself, and wait to see if they show signs of any sexual interest.
    This has only happened to me once in the past year, and she decided to look elsewhere.

9. Predicting the future so much that you sometimes feel like you are watching a movie for the second time. Only sometimes.
    I would say I have a strong sense of how things are going to play out. I almost never talk about this, because there is no percentage in telling people the future, especially if it concerns them.

10. Being jealous of taller and stronger people. Even though I am female and 5,7" I feel insecure around stronger and taller people!
    Yes, I am the same way. I try to hide my physical insecurities and I wish I were taller, but I work out with weights to try to maintain some semblance of strength. I am lucky that I have wide shoulders and muscular legs, so that helps a bit, but I do wish I looked more like an action figure.
    I find that to look good, it helps to be as thin as possible and to dress well. Apparently, my body shape is perfect for Hart Shaffner Marx suits, but recently I've been buying Canali suits, because they make me look like an animal. And with my face, I need all the help I can get.

11. Not being as good in school as the LII or the SLI because you have so many other projects and researching about all sorts of things unrelated to school plus not seeing any practical use of the theoretical studies unless it is proven by fact that it is useful in the future.
    Yes, exactly. I graduated 72th in a class of 770 in high school, and I thought I was smarter than most of the ones who got better grades, but numbers don't lie. I guess my other activities interfered. I really like doing things in the real world more than studying, especially if I can't see any application to the studies.

12. Not satisfied with your possessions since there is always room for improvement in the future. I wish us LIEs could live in the moment for a while!
    Sometimes I have been satisfied with something, when I know that it is the best that is available (for the purpose that I have for it). But living in the moment is a problem for me, since I really live in the future. I have found that when I work on projects with sensors, I have fun and get things done. My ex is an SLI, and they have good taste, appreciate quality, and are extremely practical in the here-and-now. Very similar to ESI's.

13. All of the above make me seem a bit whiney overall and people think I am a negativist while I am always so hopeful about the future and a positivist.

Yes. Now that we have revealed all, we'll have to move to a new country.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I am either an ILI or LIE, more leaning to LIE currently so I will share my thoughts

not sure if I understand what you mean, can you give an example

I think everyone talk too much about themselves

yes this happens to me when I find an interesting girl < some would avoid me latter

yes I am very perfectionist but I don't think that's LIE specific

yes, after the first semester when I was in first grade we got our grades and I was the second and my friend was the first, and I was like "that's cheating no one told me we will be ranked, but this is not over yet so don't get used to be the first" by the end of the year I was number one
    but I think this can be related better to E3

did you have to bring this up?!

I write fast but I never thought of my handwriting as weird < but my father always complains about it and that I should improve it, but as long as it is readable I don't care much

absolutely agree especially the second part

It makes me feel in control (but I can be sort of manipulative to get the desired outcome)

yes but not always jealous sometimes I look up to them

not sure about LII but SLI are the most disciplined people I know

regarding what I consider important possessions only

don't make excuses, but when you say negativist vs positivist you mean optimistic vs pessimistic right? or do you mean rennin

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simo View Post
    not sure if I understand what you mean, can you give an example

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post

Thank you Anglas. actually the weird part is that I am not disturbed by nails on chalkboard or alike, but if my roommate is chewing food and I am reading, I have to read everything twice to understand. Or similar when someone is talking in the living room and I'm in my room, I can't concentrate or do anything. The first video makes a lot of sense though!

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I do get distracted by sounds and smells. I like to have a low-level background white noise going most of the time. IDK why.
    I really do wish this is an LIE thing.

I tend to do that, too, but I'm conscious of it and have started focusing on the other person more. I think this relates to the idea that people will probably not like us unless we explain why we are trying to invade Russia.
    I am conscious of it also but the urge is still there to start talking about myself I have to be careful!! Russia has always been interesting to me though. Specially since a part of my blood comes from there.

I met an ESI-Fi at my high school reunion a week ago. We talked for twenty minutes and she told my cousin that I'm "intense". I thought I was being normal and polite.
    That's true though, we ARE intense. That actually sounds like a compliment to me, specially from an ESI.

Of course. We are efficient and tend to optimize everything around us, including ourselves.
    Unfortunately and fortunately.

Yes, I do that. I try to be quiet about it, though.
    I just revealed your secrets then.

Yes, exactly. I wish I looked better, but I don't. I have accumulated a few facial scars and broke my nose and fractured my skull and I have the start of a gut but I swear I will work it off. My ex says I'm normally a 5 out of 10, but when I smile I'm a 7. I try to smile when I think of it.
    How exactly can one fracture one's skull?! It's good that you're a 7 when you smile though since LIEs smile a lot... I guess we laugh at our own jokes too often.

My handwriting used to be good when I had loads of time to spend on it, but now it just gets worse and worse, so I mostly use a computer with spell-check.
    With respect to my surroundings, I try to maintain a minimalist living space. It is less cluttered and distracting that way. I don't always succeed, because junk accumulates until it gets an assigned place.
    Minimalism is also one thing I am interested in and naturally follow. All that is necessary should be in hand and nothing more.

I am very much like that. I can easily talk to anyone, including strangers who look interesting, but if I have romantic feelings for someone, I kind of get paralyzed. I can't bring myself to come out and tell them that.
    This has been a huge problem for me all my life, to the extent that I never dated in high school or college, and was a virgin until I was 25. Fortunately, an LSI Aggressor fixed that. I kind of flipped a switch for a few years after her and "dated" a lot, until I got married. Now that I'm divorced, I'm dating a lot again, but I haven't found anyone I'm serious about.
    If I find someone interesting, I can easily approach them and we can date and maybe sex happens and maybe it doesn't, it depends on the level of physical attraction and whether I think they can deal with sex with someone who just wants to be a friend. If I think there is the possibility of a long term commitment with a woman, I still kind of freeze up.
    In my particular case, with ESI's, if I think there is a possibility of a long term commitment, I have to hold in my mind the idea that nothing is going to happen, we are just friends with common interests hanging out together and this is pretty terrific by itself, and wait to see if they show signs of any sexual interest.
    This has only happened to me once in the past year, and she decided to look elsewhere.
    Well the big problem is ESIs are usually shy about it also. But that should be easier with ESI men though. waiting for an ESI woman to show sexual interest one can wait for years and years.

I would say I have a strong sense of how things are going to play out. I almost never talk about this, because there is no percentage in telling people the future, especially if it concerns them.
    Hmm I say things I should not and it happens too often, still working on that part.

Yes, I am the same way. I try to hide my physical insecurities and I wish I were taller, but I work out with weights to try to maintain some semblance of strength. I am lucky that I have wide shoulders and muscular legs, so that helps a bit, but I do wish I looked more like an action figure.
    I find that to look good, it helps to be as thin as possible and to dress well. Apparently, my body shape is perfect for Hart Shaffner Marx suits, but recently I've been buying Canali suits, because they make me look like an animal. And with my face, I need all the help I can get.
    I work out a lot also and have wide shoulders. It does help to be as thin as possible but currently, I have gained a lot of weight while studying for my entrance exam for University. It goes away easily though.

Yes, exactly. I graduated 72th in a class of 770 in high school, and I thought I was smarter than most of the ones who got better grades, but numbers don't lie. I guess my other activities interfered. I really like doing things in the real world more than studying, especially if I can't see any application to the studies.
    exact same thought, "I'm smarter but not like these nerdy no life people".

Sometimes I have been satisfied with something, when I know that it is the best that is available (for the purpose that I have for it). But living in the moment is a problem for me, since I really live in the future. I have found that when I work on projects with sensors, I have fun and get things done. My ex is an SLI, and they have good taste, appreciate quality, and are extremely practical in the here-and-now. Very similar to ESI's.
    My elder sister is an SLI and I see how they can be similar to ESI. How did you date your supervisor though?

Yes. Now that we have revealed all, we'll have to move to a new country.
    Yupp. Let's pack then.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I am either an ILI or LIE, more leaning to LIE currently so I will share my thoughts
    I didn't know if I was an ILI or LIE for a long time also. Try reading about Reinin dichotomies, that's how my type became obvious. Also keep in mind that mirror types have a lot in common, but you need to read more to figure out your thing. even though you sound more ILI than LIE to me. At least not LIE-Te. I can help you if you want.

yes, after the first semester when I was in first grade we got our grades and I was the second and my friend was the first, and I was like "that's cheating no one told me we will be ranked, but this is not over yet so don't get used to be the first" by the end of the year I was number one
    but I think this can be related better to E3
    You are right. It can be an E3 thing. I have done things like that before.

did you have to bring this up?!

not sure about LII but SLI are the most disciplined people I know
    True, and also LSI!!

don't make excuses, but when you say negativist vs positivist you mean optimistic vs pessimistic right? or do you mean rennin
    I mean Reinin.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Potentially related to Si-PoLR. Has been mentioned in threads on the subject by EIEs at least, and was pondered to be a possible distinction between the way EIEs and LIEs experience their PoLR: LIEs would ignore Si completely and EIEs would be hyper-sensitive to sensory matters because they have trouble regulating their own internal experience of them, or don't care to spend the time necessary to do the regulating but still feel the stimulus, which is annoying.

Potentially related to sx-dom stacking.

(gah)
    I will find you and I will deal with you.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

remind me not to ask you for examples again

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you sound more ILI than LIE to me. At least not LIE-Te. I can help you if you want.
    why? < my favorite question

also, I want to add few point to the list that I experienced (they maybe related to LIE or ILI or not type related but for sure they apply to me)

1. about being manipulative this usually happen by either redirect people attention to what I want or by hiding part of the truth, for example after summer training in university we were asked to make presentation about what we worked on during the training I happened to do the training in the same company as other two students so we was given a project (web application) to work on together and due to bad teamwork the training finished but there was some functionalities not working, so I put myself in the evaluator shoes and prepared the presentation in a way that focus more on the things that's working while minimizing the importance of the parts that is not work so the evaluator didn't ask about them and I wasn't stupid enough to point that out so I got a good grade while the other two didn't

2. when I think of doing something I can't rest until I do it even if I am tired, a simple example yesterday before going to bed I read this post and decided to reply even though I was so sleepy but I couldn't bring myself to delay the reply

3. impatience with obstacles even though I am generally patient but still I don't like waiting and following up on a list of approvals just to do something that doesn't take 5 minutes or other kind of obstacles that prevent me from doing something, but I am ok with problems as I enjoy troubleshooting (not if I am in hurry though)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, exactly. I graduated 72th in a class of 770 in high school, and I thought I was smarter than most of the ones who got better grades
    yes I never thought someone got a better grade because they are smarter, it is just I didn't study hard like them
    many of my classmates thought I was arrogant especially if I corrected the teacher (especially in math)
    they would ask me why was you sure that the teacher was wrong not you?
    and I will reply because there was no connection between step x and z he should have went from x to y
    and they will reply maybe this example is different or there a rule you don't know
    then I will tell them no way math is logical not random and its rules doesn't magically apply in some cases and doesn't in other similar cases
    and by then they will understand that it is useless to argue with me anymore

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    Potentially related to Si-PoLR. Has been mentioned in threads on the subject by EIEs at least, and was pondered to be a possible distinction between the way EIEs and LIEs experience their PoLR: LIEs would ignore Si completely and EIEs would be hyper-sensitive to sensory matters because they have trouble regulating their own internal experience of them, or don't care to spend the time necessary to do the regulating but still feel the stimulus, which is annoying.
    There is no way I am an EIE but rather than ignoring, I get angry over and over again. I might not say anything but in my head I am angry. Even if afterwards I don't know why I am angry, it is possible that it was because someone was chewing loudly when I was reading.

what do you mean?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why?
    just look at how differently you digested this thread than for example Adam Strange or me and we are both LIEs. Also for every answer you have given I see skepticism and critical thinking which is not against my own beliefs either since ILI is my mirror type. But you have perceived the information differently than an LIE would.

1. about being manipulative this usually happen by either redirect people attention to what I want or by hiding part of the truth, for example after summer training in university we were asked to make presentation about what we worked on during the training I happened to do the training in the same company as other two students so we was given a project (web application) to work on together and due to bad teamwork the training finished but there was some functionalities not working, so I put myself in the evaluator shoes and prepared the presentation in a way that focus more on the things that's working while minimizing the importance of the parts that is not work so the evaluator didn't ask about them and I wasn't stupid enough to point that out so I got a good grade while the other two didn't
    I personally think that any type could do this but the way you explain things is more similar to the ILIs I have met than the LIEs.

2. when I think of doing something I can't rest until I do it even if I am tired, a simple example yesterday before going to bed I read this post and decided to reply even though I was so sleepy but I couldn't bring myself to delay the reply
    I am in the same situation now yes I do that, but I also know an LII who does this. Have you ever read about LII?

3. impatience with obstacles even though I am generally patient but still I don't like waiting and following up on a list of approvals just to do something that doesn't take 5 minutes or other kind of obstacles that prevent me from doing something, but I am ok with problems as I enjoy troubleshooting (not if I am in hurry though)
    Yes I am the same also, but again I think none of the types like to wait and none of them likes taking a long time to do something that can be done fast. For example with program function Te I get furious when people are slow and can't prioritize their work and I am hurried. one thing about LIEs is they are hurried.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes I never thought someone got a better grade because they are smarter, it is just I didn't study hard like them
    many of my classmates thought I was arrogant especially if I corrected the teacher (especially in math)
    they would ask me why was you sure that the teacher was wrong not you?
    and I will reply because there was no connection between step x and z he should have went from x to y
    and they will reply maybe this example is different or there a rule you don't know
    then I will tell them no way math is logical not random and its rules doesn't magically apply in some cases and doesn't in other similar cases
    and by then they will understand that it is useless to argue with me anymore
    You sound like a LII here

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what do you mean?
    Google/site-search "enneagram instinct* stackings."
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just look at how differently you digested this thread than for example Adam Strange or me and we are both LIEs. Also for every answer you have given I see skepticism and critical thinking which is not against my own beliefs either since ILI is my mirror type. But you have perceived the information differently than an LIE would.
    I see your point and to add to skepticism my first thought about your statement that both you & @Adam Strange are LIE was "assuming your self-typing is correct" < by this I don't mean I have anything against either of you being LIE, but simply that's your own judgment and not necessarily true

another thing about being skeptical is I think I am skeptical of people judgment or thinking, but not necessarily their motives if that is the accurate way to put it

I am in the same situation now yes I do that, but I also know an LII who does this. Have you ever read about LII?
    yes but I am not Ti or Ne ego for sure

You sound like a LII here
    I can't argue with this

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, Simo, I'm not 100% sure what type anyone is. You could be LIE or ILI or something else. There are and have been before people here who self-typed as LIE and I thought we were all different from each other in noticeable ways. I think the value in typing oneself is in learning about and comparing oneself to the general characteristics of that type, because the things that you might think are character flaws might actually be type features.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point and to add to skepticism my first thought about your statement that both you & @Adam Strange are LIE was "assuming your self-typing is correct" < by this I don't mean I have anything against either of you being LIE, but simply that's your own judgment and not necessarily true

another thing about being skeptical is I think I am skeptical of people judgment or thinking, but not necessarily their motives if that is the accurate way to put it

yes but I am not Ti or Ne ego for sure

I can't argue with this
    Why do you know for sure that you are not Ti ego? Ne ego is out of question but your statemment about my typing is "give me evidence" which is TeNi since you said "that's your own judgment and not necessarily true" as if you yourself need to type someone or need to know "why" they are typed as such. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure about my type though, the point isn't that.
    What do you connect to about being LIE or ILI?
    I actually think I would be skeptic if I were you too. I'm overall very skeptic and my favourite question has always been why. Abut everything I asked why. I don't think that makes you an ILI or LII or whatever. Do you identify more with gamma quadra or alpha quadra?
    Last edited by Zero; 08-24-2016 at 07:59 AM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Simo, I'm not 100% sure what type anyone is. You could be LIE or ILI or something else. There are and have been before people here who self-typed as LIE and I thought we were all different from each other in noticeable ways. I think the value in typing oneself is in learning about and comparing oneself to the general characteristics of that type, because the things that you might think are character flaws might actually be type features.
    Of course we are all different but in many ways identical types are similar, the way they perceive information or talk etc that's the whole point right?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Of course we are all different but in many ways identical types are similar, the way they perceive information or talk etc that's the whole point right?
    Yes, while individuals can differ greatly, the way we (identical types) perceive information should be similar. You may be better at discerning this than I am. I am kind of late to this party.

Both of my parents are Deltas (LSE & SLI), along with one sister (LSE). My other sister is Alpha LII (extinguishment to LIE), and for the longest time, I thought she and I were the same person, and she was just slower to develop because she was younger. All the cousins and Aunts and Uncles were Betas. It was kind of me and my sister against the rest, with my parents telling us we were wrong to think the way we do. And when you have an LSE controlling every part of your life from day one, you can get pretty bent. I think I got to be pretty good at ignoring differences between people, since admitting to myself (or especially expressing the fact) that my mother did not have my best interests at heart was not safe. It was only after marrying and divorcing a Delta that I started to wonder what the hell was wrong.

So, I have been trying to make up for lost time by studying (and actively exploring in real life) socionics a lot. But to be honest, it seems to have no fundamental underpinnings; it just seems to be a bag of (usually) accurate correlations. It may eventually be found to have analogs in brain circuitry, but that has not been proven yet. So, if it is a bag of correlations, then it will apply in most cases but not in all. That is the way I approach it.

This approach might be due to my lack of confidence in my own ability to judge the way people behave, which in turn might be due to 1D Fe and Fi, or to my upbringing, which discouraged me from making personal judgements. IDK. But I usually let people be whomever they want to be without passing judgement. I can be quick to notice some things, but accuracy comes from observing them over time and slowly building up an opinion. Quite frankly, I'm amazed that anyone was able to first come up with this socionics theory. It required both keen observation and categorical thinking.

For what it's worth, I have seen that some people here (mostly 4D Fe and Fi people) are really good at placing people into categories. And they seem to be right most of the time. Or at least convincing.

I sometimes work with an LIE female IRL, and she and I get along with each other better than we do with anyone else. There is an ease of information exchange and a sense that this other person is completely intelligent and on the same page. We both have extremely strong opinions about things we think we know something about, and I am a raging liberal and she is an incredible conservative. Our politics could not be further apart, and we still stand shoulder-to-shoulder when we work together. Identical but different. I find this fact fascinating, and proof that information processing is not the whole story of what makes a person human.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

check your type
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

things like 2, 3, ... look strangely for ENTJ

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you know for sure that you are not Ti ego?
    Because I don't value understanding the internal structure of systems if there is no use for it

What do you connect to about being LIE or ILI?
    well answering this question will take long time & irrelevant to the OP so I will give a quick summary and maybe in the weekend I will prepare a detailed answer in a new post, so here is the summary:

1. I identify with Te as base function more than Ni, why? from what I understand Ni-dom have no problem to sit without doing anything (except thinking) for long times, which I thought apply to me but after doing some meditation & journaling I found out that's not the case as I can sit for 10 minutes without doing anything (I think that's very clear at work as I don't stand having no tasks to work on) I guess I didn't notice that since many of my activities can be done alone & without being physically active (watching videos, reading, playing video games)
    2. LIE hidden agenda "to be wealthy" I have always wanted that, maybe because it makes me more independent which is very important to me, still I can see that ILI hidden agenda "to love" can apply to me too as I can see people really passionate about different things (new technologies, fashion, graphical design, cars ... etc) they will read about them, learn them, send lots of time on them while I can't seems to find my thing or just have a vague idea about it (something that gives me independence & freedom to do anything I want, what is it? idk maybe money, love, power not sure)
    3. well I guess the above is enough for a summary

Do you identify more with gamma quadra or alpha quadra?
    gamma for sure & I don't fit the childlike or caring styles < my parents are both caring style and I think they intruding on my life with the attitude "we know what is best for you" I still like them but wish they can accept I am my own person

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I wander how many of your 2813 posts include this link

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, while individuals can differ greatly, the way we (identical types) perceive information should be similar. You may be better at discerning this than I am. I am kind of late to this party.

Both of my parents are Deltas (LSE & SLI), along with one sister (LSE). My other sister is Alpha LII (extinguishment to LIE), and for the longest time, I thought she and I were the same person, and she was just slower to develop because she was younger. All the cousins and Aunts and Uncles were Betas. It was kind of me and my sister against the rest, with my parents telling us we were wrong to think the way we do. And when you have an LSE controlling every part of your life from day one, you can get pretty bent. I think I got to be pretty good at ignoring differences between people, since admitting to myself (or especially expressing the fact) that my mother did not have my best interests at heart was not safe. It was only after marrying and divorcing a Delta that I started to wonder what the hell was wrong.

So, I have been trying to make up for lost time by studying (and actively exploring in real life) socionics a lot. But to be honest, it seems to have no fundamental underpinnings; it just seems to be a bag of (usually) accurate correlations. It may eventually be found to have analogs in brain circuitry, but that has not been proven yet. So, if it is a bag of correlations, then it will apply in most cases but not in all. That is the way I approach it.

This approach might be due to my lack of confidence in my own ability to judge the way people behave, which in turn might be due to 1D Fe and Fi, or to my upbringing, which discouraged me from making personal judgements. IDK. But I usually let people be whomever they want to be without passing judgement. I can be quick to notice some things, but accuracy comes from observing them over time and slowly building up an opinion. Quite frankly, I'm amazed that anyone was able to first come up with this socionics theory. It required both keen observation and categorical thinking.

For what it's worth, I have seen that some people here (mostly 4D Fe and Fi people) are really good at placing people into categories. And they seem to be right most of the time. Or at least convincing.

I sometimes work with an LIE female IRL, and she and I get along with each other better than we do with anyone else. There is an ease of information exchange and a sense that this other person is completely intelligent and on the same page. We both have extremely strong opinions about things we think we know something about, and I am a raging liberal and she is an incredible conservative. Our politics could not be further apart, and we still stand shoulder-to-shoulder when we work together. Identical but different. I find this fact fascinating, and proof that information processing is not the whole story of what makes a person human.

My father is an LSI and my mother is an ESE. My eldest sister is an SLI and my elder sister is EII. In our family, the EII and me have been the rebels but since SLI and LSI are quasi-identical and SLI as my eldest sister is also my supervisor, we had a lot of conflict in our house, I had a lot of conflict with my semi-dual EII sister also and still she gets upset for very little things that I do, for example killing an insect, she has always tried to be as bossy as the SLI towards me to prove that "I am older I am something you are not" but we do help eachother in difficult times, even though after she broke up with an LII she doesn't like me as much since I remind her of him.

I always think about socioncs the way you do " may eventually be found to have analogs in brain circuitry, but that has not been proven yet." but try to use it as much as I can. For example the other day I was reading about Plato's opinion on how you should let your lover change you. He says we should not accept our lover as they are, this way none of you improve the other. He says: "true love is admiration." The person you love, has very good qualities that you yourself lack and that is interesting since it is the exact explanation of duality in socionics. He even points out "by getting close to this person you can become a little like they are. The right person for us, helps us grow to our full potential."
    I understand from this, that even since Plato and even before him, we humans are trying to do 5 things: 1. To know ourselves better. 2. To know others better 3. To cathegorize others in a way we use less energy in predicting their behavior and befriending them 4.fit ourselves in this cathegories 5.find the perfect mate
    And you see that is what socionics is trying to do, and for now it is predicting human behavior better than any other system I have read about before. Yes I agree from its many imperfections is that its only fundamental basis is Jung's theories and information metabolism that we as gammas want to know how exactly it is and "why" it is the way it is, but it is not yet popular enough to catch the eye of a neuroscientist who is funded to research why it is the way it is. But it does a good job overall. Specially for an LIE with weak Fe and Fi who is interested in people.

It seems that you like your LIE friend very much

Also I don't think socionics is trying or should try to say what makes us human. That is way more complicated and has way too many parameters to fully grasp like this. Socionics is just a social tool for people like us.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I don't value understanding the internal structure of systems if there is no use for it

well answering this question will take long time & irrelevant to the OP so I will give a quick summary and maybe in the weekend I will prepare a detailed answer in a new post, so here is the summary:

1. I identify with Te as base function more than Ni, why? from what I understand Ni-dom have no problem to sit without doing anything (except thinking) for long times, which I thought apply to me but after doing some meditation & journaling I found out that's not the case as I can sit for 10 minutes without doing anything (I think that's very clear at work as I don't stand having no tasks to work on) I guess I didn't notice that since many of my activities can be done alone & without being physically active (watching videos, reading, playing video games)
    2. LIE hidden agenda "to be wealthy" I have always wanted that, maybe because it makes me more independent which is very important to me, still I can see that ILI hidden agenda "to love" can apply to me too as I can see people really passionate about different things (new technologies, fashion, graphical design, cars ... etc) they will read about them, learn them, send lots of time on them while I can't seems to find my thing or just have a vague idea about it (something that gives me independence & freedom to do anything I want, what is it? idk maybe money, love, power not sure)
    3. well I guess the above is enough for a summary

gamma for sure & I don't fit the childlike or caring styles < my parents are both caring style and I think they intruding on my life with the attitude "we know what is best for you" I still like them but wish they can accept I am my own person
    Why don't you start a thread in "what's my type"section? Most of the things you point out about yourself I think of as merely human rather than type related, as in everyone experiences them.
    Watch this it might be helpful: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=roCAA9nAMkE

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here is my take on these as someone whom is not LIE but is likely some sort of NT:

1. No, I usually do not react very strongly to sounds and smells unless I'm stressed, which I'm usually not. Si polrs tend to put themselves under a lot of stress you maybe it is related to that.
    2. I have the opposite problem, people say I don't talk enough.
    3. Again, I have the opposite problem. I usually keep more distance then I should even when I really like someone.
    4. I'm very picky about some things and don't care at all about other things. Just depends on whether or not I see something as important.
    5. Somewhat relate. Seeing someone do better then me at something constantly drags my self-esteem though I try to hide this.
    6. Relate to a moderate degree.
    7. My handwriting is somewhat sloppy though I don't think of it as weird in any way.
    8. I hardly initiate at all whether it be for friendship or romantic purposes.
    9. Occasionally I predict things but not in any way that stands out.
    10. Relate, luckily I'm around 6"5 so I rarely run into to taller people. I also started going to the gym for this reason.
    11. I never had problems getting grades but I hated school because of how boring and a pain in the ass it was.
    12. I usually don't care very much for possessions expect for the few things that interest me.
    13. I'd call myself balanced between negativity and optimism.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely jarring sounds are really irritating. And then disgusting smells as well.

Once I get going, it's not that hard to talk. I think this was much more true when I was younger.

Yeah, I definitely do this for anything I'm interested in. Haha... When I see that something interests me that is just THE THING until finally I realize there are caveats.

Yep. This is depressing.

I try not to make it a competition, but I'm definitely aware. I kind of have a weird thought that like if someone were to criticize my competence or whatever you call it, they'd be in their right.

Ugh, definitely, yep. I think part of it is that I try to not make it all about appearances for other people but someone will still do the same to me and I don't really have anything to say back because I still understand the idea of being attracted vs repulsed.

My handwriting was usually pretty good in high school. It didn't have a super uniform block style to it, but it was very easily readable.

Oh yeah, definitely.

Sure, yeah.

Hm, again, I'd just say that I'm aware. I guess aware of danger?

Yes, can't compete with LIIs. SLIs I haven't noticed as much.

I guess this depends. I've gone through phases of minimalism and maximalism (?).

The post didn't sound whiny!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arghhh

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's interesting. Not only that it fits with the concept of Si-PoLR, but also the distinction you're making about EIE and LIE cases. I was not aware of such difference, assuming it's really there.

If I'm Si PoLR, I would fit in a somehow intermediate point of both situations. I'm quite sensitive to external stimuli at first, but if I'm doing something that requires concetration and I manage to start the task, somehow I end ignoring such stimuli. For example, at the office, many people complains that the air conditioning system is extremely noisy, which I agree, but it does not disturb me for working. The guy who is always complaining about it (needs to turn it off even if summer weather in Spain is a nightmare) is likely an SLI-Te.

More that the stimuli itself, what really disturbs me is a rapid change in it. That's the reason I tend to dislike night clubs for example: flashing lights, people yelling, etc.

---

Speaking about Si-PoLR, there is a pure cognitive aspect about it I has been recently considering, and I would like to share. Si is supposed to be externally connected (external dynamic of fields) whereas Ni is not (internal dynamic of fields). Ni creative train of thoughts is disconnected from direct external "fluid" relationships; so it goes to a sort of "rythm" (I'm tempted to say speed, but not necessarily) which does not correlate with the external one. As soon as an Si PoLR is forced to use this funcion, the rythm of this train of thoughts is disrupted, and forced to move in a way which is unnatural to the person. This would be extremely "painful".

Notice I purposedly used "train of thoughts" as an analogy; it's not a thought in particular (that is, an idea) which is perturbed (that would be more like a static thing) but the way these thoughts move and evolve. An example could be comparing a LSE with a LIE. Some (or many, but at least some) LSEs tend to be compulsive cleaners and order freaks. They're worried by things like that object should be here but it's there, so its position must be changed. A LIE would think "how is this even remotely relevant, if the long term functionality -the porpose itself- is not affected? What an annoying waste of time and effort... In his (her) mind, the LIE is thinking in more non tangible aspects of reality, and focusing on those (that is, right and now) is like... violently pushing the brake of a car, the inertia would make you crash with the windshield (no safety belt). Sort of...

By the other hand, SLIs are excellent mechanics because for them, the correlation between an objet and its position in relation to others (the constituent parts of a whole) is something that comes naturally.

Yes, this is a big oversimplification, but I think I've made my point clear.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 08-25-2016 at 11:28 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@MensSuperMateriam: Seems not to be a difference between types, but simply variety in how people react to having Si-PoLR.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of these don't seem type related to me. Sensitive to stimuli is more a 'highly sensitive person' or an asperger's thing. Lots of ppl are perfectionists and feeling unattractive is common. Bad handwriting is kinda an N thing I think. Ones that sound very LIE to me: 2, 11, 5, 12. But these I am def not LIE and I pretty much match 2, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13 (the whiny part)

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
    Arghhh
    Is anyone else not bothered by the sound per se as much as the imagining of how your nails feel running down a chalkboard?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    Most of these don't seem type related to me. Sensitive to stimuli is more a 'highly sensitive person' or an asperger's thing. Lots of ppl are perfectionists and feeling unattractive is common. Bad handwriting is kinda an N thing I think. Ones that sound very LIE to me: 2, 11, 5, 12. But these I am def not LIE and I pretty much match 2, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13 (the whiny part)
    I see your point and agree to the most part. I apparently wasn't whiny also I read that "having imagined unattractiveness" is an LIE thing. I have always wondered if I am HSP or some sort of autistic person but I don't think I have autism no. Thanks for your reply

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty much the whole thing to me.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know tbh. I have a poor sense of smell and taste because I smoke like a chimney, but there are some sounds I absolutely can't stand. Smell's not a big thing to me, but sound is. The worst is styrofoam. This stuff is my nightmare.

Yes, but I can make myself aware and stop doing it.

Actually no, I don't have this problem. Possibly because I've been friends with my really close friends for more than half my life, so...

Yes. This is naturally part of the type.

Again.

I think feeling conscious about the way one looks is something you find in all types of people; in everyone, probably. But what you said at the end strikes me as .

My handwriting is quite bad if I write on a pad, but quite good if I have space to move my hand. We should have a handwriting thread!

No, I learned that you have to be the one to ask people out. Most women won't. HOWEVER, refraining from asking someone out is part of the victim romantic type, so it fits.

Mmm yes, but some major predictions I made weren't true recently, soooo

No not really. I am 6', I'm not jealous anyone's height. if I want to be stronger I just need to work out.

yeah I was terrible at school for that exact reason. I hate education and being taught things, I prefer to learn practical matters that can directly help me, and leave my academic knowledge to spare time.

lol yeah this is a big one. i'm always thinknig of what i'm going to be getting in the future and get bored of new toy almost immediately as I buy it.

I don't think you sound whiny lol.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kye I know this reply is way too late but I wanted to finish the discussion after I did more reading and self-assessment, I think you are right & I go back to my old self-typing as an ILI

Why don't you start a thread in "what's my type"section?

well I don't think the questionnaires are able to get enough information about how the one who fill them perceive or process information so they are not very reliable and even if I filled a questionnaire I don't remember there were many good typers so it is waste of time & energy (I don't mean any offense but when I used to check "what's my type" section many typers didn't seem to really think it through, the only exception I can think of is @Myst)
    also I don't find VI to be reliable since typers just tell you "you look like (some type)" without any prove

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Kye 1, 6, 9, 11, 12 are true of the LIEs I've known. Some of it seems general Ni ego / Si PoLR stuff though

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    @Kye 1, 6, 9, 11, 12 are true of the LIEs I've known. Some of it seems general Ni ego / Si PoLR stuff though
    Agree with this part, as almost all of these things are either currently true of me (EIE), or are things I've had to work very hard to overcome.

I started to go through all of the enumerated points but got bored of it.