Thread: Am I IEI-Fe or EIE?

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Am I IEI-Fe or EIE?

Background: I feel like I'm pretty solidly Beta NF, but I've been having some doubts as of late as to whether I'm really IEI-Fe or an EIE. I am pretty rock solid on my enneagram typing, have been for the past several years, but I'm more fuzzy on the Jungian theories.

On to the questionnaire...

Tell me about yourself.

Well, this isn’t going to be an entirely naturalistic answer because I’d talk about a lot more personal detail in real life, but… alright. I’m a college student. I would describe myself as outwardly playful but ultimately a bit of a stick in the mud. I’m nerdy in a humanistic sort of way: less geek culture, more overanalyzing characters in sitcoms. I’m noticing that a lot of the upcoming questions will answer anything else I was planning on saying, so… onwards?

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

Personal, personal! I’m studying in the video production field, planning on becoming an editor. Long story short I liked photography since I was a kid, stumbled into editing AMVs for fun, went “sure why not” on an A/V class in high school, and the rest was history. Really, I love the work. Editing feels like a puzzle to me. It fascinates me that putting imagery and sound in certain special patterns can evoke deep emotions. I play with timing here, a little timing there, hmm, what if I put it in this order—and I can make people feel things. That’s really cool.

I also think that, in such a media saturated world, getting to influence some of what people see is very valuable. I enjoy being given a project and helping to make it the best it can be, I enjoy making people’s viewing experiences pleasant, I enjoy the work, I enjoy it all. Does it feel like labor? Yes, and that’s why I don’t feel like I’m betraying a hobby doing it. But it’s work I can sit in a room for 10-11 hours and do and not feel like hitting myself at the end of the day. That’s very good.

What are your values, and why?

Integrity is a big one for me. It incorporates a sense of responsibility, being trustworthy, believing in what you say, etc. As an umbrella term, it’s my biggest value.

I also value empathy. People confuse that with sympathy too much. Half the things that make me angry in the world are just caused by people refusing to understand each other. I don’t mean that in a hippie way. Sometimes you reach down and understand someone and what you understand is that they’re a piece of shit, but at least now you know the specifics of it.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

As I mentioned above, I’m a humanistic sort of nerd. I like character and dialog focused media, as well as talky RPGs and (especially) tabletop roleplaying like Dungeons and Dragons. Reading the temperature of the room and figuring out the right thing to say is a form of gameplay for me! I’m also into comic books. Thinkpieces are enjoyable too, they’re like intellectual junk food.

Other than that, I like photography as a hobby. Sometimes I just go on long walks alone with my camera. Very relaxing.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

In terms of family, they’re really good overall. They’re supportive of what I want to do, they trust me, and they’re funny. Due to family fights and stresses, I have always felt a pressure to be the “golden child”, but I put a lot of that on myself. Maybe my problem is that they raised me to be rather risk-adverse, but if that’s all… I can’t be too mad.

Friends… I usually have one-on-one friendships. It took me until recently to really grasp how to maintain most long-term friendships, so that element of my life is, er, under construction. My best friend is awesome, no complaints I can think of.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

The best people out there are people who are enthusiastic and find a lot of things genuinely fascinating. Nothing feels better than talking to someone that makes you feel like you’re interesting.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

I tend to be pretty easygoing in this aspect, but earlier in the year I had some conflict with a video production crew member. I’m pretty sure I bothered them because of my nervous tendencies and a bit of stubbornness on my part, and they bothered me by… how much they disliked me? It was a very one-sided enemy relationship.

I tend to be nit-picky, which can annoy some. I get really annoyed when people ignore me.

How would your friends describe you?

Actually got a somewhat accurate measure of this using a Johari window. One of my closest friends put down “witty, trustworthy, kind, clever, idealistic”, and I think that’s accurate for my positive public image. My friends also pick up on my neurotic tendencies, though.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

See above. I really like… well, I like that I’m smart. That feels so arrogant but I like that I can say things that impress people and I know how to tackle intellectual problems. I also think I’m very warm-hearted in general, and I like that. I harbor good will towards most and I try to keep positive.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

I’m a little vain, although that might be in my head because most people disagree with that self-assessment. I have no talent for mechanical thinking, which gets on others’ nerves as well as my own. I have to rigorously go step-by-step to have it all fit together in my head, and even then, I am very easily confused.

I have a tendency to berate myself every time I’m not good at something. It’s like I assume I have to be good at everything even if I never knew about it before. At the same time, I have a sense of learned helplessness about things I’ve decided I’m bad at, which is just as detrimental.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

Academics I can manage on my own, 100%. Social life too. Life skills topics are a mixed bag, but that comes with the territory of being a young adult. I’m trying to overcome that hurdle as fast as I can.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?

Boring stuff like cleaning, filling out forms, etc. I like thinking about the traits of things; stereotypes, for instance, are a really interesting topic for me. Anything that engages that part of my brain makes me happy.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

I want to be an editor, and I’m working on forming really solid friends now that I know how to. Maybe have a relationship in the future? Short term I’d like to go to a big party for the first time. I’m not sure how to answer the latter question. I came to have these goals because I wanted them.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

I would still work, but at a more languid pace where I focus on on pet projects. I’d get to push for things I want (for example, representation of certain minority groups in media) because I wouldn’t be concerned about paying the bills. I’d move to a fun neighborhood in the city and otherwise live a relaxing and fun life. Travel once or twice a year. Go on long walks. It’d be nice.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I get along well with people who are a bit attention-grabby and loud and obnoxious. At least they’re lively!

I don’t like the strong silent types. They deflate me.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

I usually clean once a week, not daily. I keep my living space a little bit messy, I’d say, but a type of mess that can be cleaned up in 20 minutes per room easy. Generally it seems like I have to ask more questions than most people about how to maintain/take care of things, but if I know how to do it, it’s not so bad. I just take longer to learn.

Otherwise, I’m very much focused on aesthetics. My tidied up living space is visually appealing. I have a strong fashion sense and a very strong eye for color, and I can explain exactly why I think something does or does not look good. I can easily imagine my visual space and rearrange the bits and pieces compositionally.

How do you behave around strangers?

Polite, friendly. In some environments somewhat introverted, but I’m often the person who strikes up small talk. I smile a lot.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

I seethe a little, sometimes panic slightly (“what if what they said was TRUE”) if I have reason to believe they aren’t entirely off the mark, and then I usually try to wave off the conflict as smoothly as possible. Depending on how much danger there is in contradicting the aggressor and how much I care, I will try to soothe their anger and present my case more gently.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.

That witch-hunting is good. Internet vigilantism is ugly hatred under a different name, just a bunch of vindictive people playing judge, jury, and executioner. No, you DON’T have the right to ruin someone’s life way out of proportion without due process.

What did you do last Friday?

Worked on a video set. Kinda sucked since off-camera sound broke but we did what we could. I got props for being one of the few newbie crew members to actually show up. Well dang, if all I have to do is show up, I have it made!

What is your biggest accomplishment?

Hm, something I worked on in high school got into a film festival, but I’m mostly proud about how I got my class on a field trip there. We lost our A/V teacher partway through the year and I personally took over all communications with the festival workers, my high school, etc. to make sure we got to see our work.

What is something you regret?

I’ve spent too much of my life inside a lonely comfort zone. First I read books, then I read things online. I still spend too much time online.

Who do you admire, and why?

Alex Hirsch, creator of Gravity Falls (a show I need to finish). He seems very similar to me in personality, and is also very successful. That gives me hope!

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

I’m going to need to find another job soon if I want to maintain the lifestyle I have. I’m getting good grades, but I also took relatively easy classes this semester so that could be deceptive. I still waste a lot of my time, I need to stop wasting time. I need to manage my time better. Everything is happening so fast. I need to have everything in order by the time college is over, or I’m screwed. I can’t fail. I have to get into my industry. I need to succeed. I have such an opportunity. I need to succeed.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?

Atheist (I usually say “agnostic” because I’m afraid of negative reprisals). I wish I felt like something was out there, but I can’t.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

Center-left. I have a somewhat utilitarian outlook on political issues and I believe somewhat left-wing policies support that. I’d say I follow politics more than most, but I still feel rather uninformed. There’s just so much out there.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

Sure, yeah, a lot of editing work is freelance. Stay tuned for when I start working on my business minor...

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

I really need the people to be nice. My least favorite job I’ve done involved a lot of angry customers and otherwise sitting at a desk alone. When another friendly employee was in the office it made my day go by so much faster.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

I always loved history. It’s great fun to think about how people used to live their lives. I am amazed every time when I think about how someone really experienced the world as a Roman, or as an Aztec, or the works. Time is so huge.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

I have a strong sense of responsibility. I expect others to keep to their word and get done what they need to do. Being a responsible person is an easy way to get into my good graces. Irresponsibility puts you on my shit list.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

Los Angeles. Drumroll please… I was looking at colleges. We were only there for two days so I didn’t explore much. I liked walking around LA though, lots of mixed-use residential-commercial developments. Our hotel was in a heavily Hispanic area and I loved the wall murals.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?

I was a serious, full-time loner as a kid. I always sat on the bench during recess and read science books. I was very sensitive as well. I still am kind of sensitive, but I keep it under wraps. I was really obsessed with animals back then. Not so much now.

What was your high school experience like?

It was a lot of things. I moved to a new city, I learned how to make friends, I spent most of my time being laughably self conscious, I made good academic/career choices. Perhaps with more distance I could crystallize it more.

Talk about a significant event from your life.

This was in high school. I was in a group chat with some “friends” of mine and they asked everyone to show up at someone’s house to brainstorm some music for a video they were working on. I show up, and they frown slightly and say “Oh… we weren’t expecting you to be here”.

I sat there for a bit in the corner while they talked amongst themselves. Only amongst themselves. After about 10-15 minutes of this, I benignly commented “I guess I’m not needed since we’re not focusing on the music. I’ve got homework”, got in my car, and drove home.

That was the first time I realized that I needed to get over my obsession with finding a friend group and focus on the few people who actually cared about me. Before then, I took rejection as a sign something was wrong with me. The relief that washed over on that car ride was amazing. Such a coming-of-age-movie moment!

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

Sure, yeah, they’re fun! I like hanging out with kids, although I feel a lot of pressure when I do so. I feel like I’m always having to perform for them to keep their interest up.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I’m worried about my maturity level and suitability as a parent at this time. I’d have my parents on dial constantly to ask them for advice about every little thing, and I’d buy so many parenting books. I’d be terrified that I couldn’t make enough money to support my child or that I’d screw them up by being young and stupid. I know I’m not ready to be a parent, I don’t even like taking care of the family cat that much.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Yes, so often! It usually happens when I’ve been spending too much time reading on the internet instead of either interacting with others or doing something productive and creative. I get down on myself and sluggish. Only cure is to do things I’m proud of. Exercise helps.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I think people are all trying to do what they think will make them happy. Most people have a sense of morality to where that happiness includes being kind to others or taking care of their family or what have you. Some don’t. I try to see the best in people, generally.

I really, truly hate the dogmatic “let’s find an enemy to go hunt” culture in society. Sure, if we can just dehumanize someone and hurl all our vitrol at them, it makes us superior! No. It makes you a nasty animal succumbing to your worst impulses. There are times where public shaming is the right move, but you have to be very careful that you are doing so in order to achieve a goal, and not just to make yourself feel vindicated.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

That’s a rather vague question. I problem-solve? Every problem requires a different approach. My first response is typically to sit back and try to arrange all the pieces of the issue in my head, and figure out which vulnerabilities in the problem I can exploit. For example, person X refuses to give me clearance to do something. Hm… exploit, they probably just assume I’m going to abuse it. If I explain to them my intentions I can navigate through the exploit.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

Yeah. Didn’t used to be, but I get annoyed when other people are bad leaders so I step up to the plate. I’m good at getting things moving and delegating tasks. The big problem most of the time (at least in a non-corporate setting) is that people are afraid to step on each others toes so they spend all their time in the decision room. Nobody ends up happy that way. I delegate tasks to people so that they start doing things.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

I feel like I answered this already in the conflict questions. I don’t get angry much.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

I told my parents I got As on all my midterms and they texted back that they were proud of me. It’s the little things.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

Eh, it’s been a very good week… I got my flu shot? But the line was so short!

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

I think that the purpose of life is to find a way to be happy. I feel like creating things, experiencing the world, and connecting to other people makes my life feel meaningful. It’s hard to nail down the specifics. You know it when you feel it.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

A cold January night in the desert. I could see the whole Milky Way. Indescribable.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

My fashion sense is smart-casual, with a focus on empathizing the waistline (lots of tucked in shirts, crop jackets, high skirts). I wear my hair down, mostly because for some reason I am a grown adult and can’t figure out how to do a ponytail. Thin eyeliner and a little foundation over discoloration on my face.

I really enjoy picking out clothes, actually. It’s like getting to make a visual statement about how you want to be perceived every day, with you as the canvas.

Do you like surprises?

Sometimes? Not that much.

Is there anything else important about you that we should know?

Think this about covers it.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the benefits of being able to see someone's behavior, but I have a personal rule against publicly posting video of myself online. I'd prefer to stick to text here or possibly video in private message.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    I have a personal rule against posting video of myself online.
    It's safe. You don't need to say secret things. You'll remove your clip after short time. You may then change your account and noone will link your data with your further behavior. People on streets see you, here are same people just with typing skills.
    Think it's like analysis needed for medics - they need it for good reasons to do useful with you and to don't harm you by wrong diagnosis.
    To get wrong type and problems after this - that's real.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    It's safe. You don't need to say secret things. You'll remove your clip after short time. You may then change your account and noone will link your data with your further behavior. People on streets see you, here are same people just with typing skills.
    Think it's like analysis needed for medics - they need it for good reasons to do useful with you and to don't harm you by wrong diagnosis.
    To get wrong type and problems after this - that's real.
    I might be willing to do video via private message, then. I'm not sure if I'll have time to record today but I could try it later in the week or on the weekend. It's just a personal thing.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I might be willing to do video via private message, then. I'm not sure if I'll have time to record today but I could try it later in the week or on the weekend. It's just a personal thing.
    ok. some people prefer pm video

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I self type as IEI-Fe, so rather than try to type you, I'm just going to pick out things that I do and don't relate to. Maybe this will help you to get a good general idea. Take most of this for a grain of salt, though.

These bits here kind of sounds rational > irrational, EIE > IEI. They are also things I personally don't relate to and have a lot of issues with in my day to day life. My 2 cents.

I relate to these things.
    I think Stella has a similar vibe to other self typed IEI-Fe, higher conscientiousness, rational, grounded... You vibe different than them but I still understand why you choose the Fe subtype. The thing they have in common is they can seem more ij or ej but you are very ip in comparison. I suppose a video is helpful when typing an IEI who has more of a j vibe to get a better idea of overall temperament. I am not typing anyone here since I do not know Stella other than some posts but I did notice what you noticed. It might be the social instinct that I pick up on since Mavi and Singu have a similar vibe but each express it differently.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shut up Aylen.

The truth is, I actually relate very little to my so-called "identicals" on this forum. And why should we? We are actually very different people that have very little to do with each other... we might have completely different upbringings, etc... whatever. It's like sure, I relate to some of the things, but not the rest of others. But then again, if I tried hard enough, I could found some commonalities with pretty much anyone. So what exactly is a "type"? There should be SOME things that are shared across ALL of the same types. Else... it's pretty much pointless to say that this person is that, this person is this, they are both different, yet they are the same TYPE...

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very difficult to get any definite answer like this.

Just forget yourself and use intertype relationships instead. That's what I did.

Figure out who's your dual, supervisor, semidual, conflictor, quasi-identical etc.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Shut up Aylen.

The truth is, I actually relate very little to my so-called "identicals" on this forum. And why should we? We are actually very different people that have very little to do with each other... we might have completely different upbringings, etc... whatever. It's like sure, I relate to some of the things, but not the rest of others. But then again, if I tried hard enough, I could found some commonalities with pretty much anyone. So what exactly is a "type"? There should be SOME things that are shared across ALL of the same types. Else... it's pretty much pointless to say that this person is that, this person is this, they are both different, yet they are the same TYPE...
    Fuck off Singu. Not sure why you take it as an insult to say you vibe similar. She seems pretty sane and rational but I can see how you don't relate to the sane and rational part.

I didn't type you btw. I just noted you two have a similar vibe and on this forum it comes off as "social" instinct. Now go away like I already told you. Two little temper outbursts are your limit for the day. Go change the world or something instead of whining about socionics, enneagram or astrology, as other people use it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure you're not an IEE? (just asking)

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Fuck off Singu. Not sure why you take it as an insult to say you vibe similar. She seems pretty sane and rational but I can see how you don't relate to the sane and rational part.
    ...It was a joke...

I didn't type you btw. I just noted you two have a similar vibe and on this forum it comes off as "social" instinct.
    You can find any kind of random commonalities with anyone, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's significant. Do you see any significance when Bertrand decides to arbitrarily categorize people based on how he feels about them?

Now go away like I already told you. Two little temper outbursts are your limit for the day.
    I'm not the one with the temper... bitch.

Go change the world or something instead of whining about socionics, enneagram or astrology, as other people use it.
    Why ARE you into Indian voodoo magic or whatever?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

...It was a joke...

You can find any kind of random commonalities with anyone, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's significant. Do you see any significance when Bertrand decides to arbitrarily categorize people based on how he feels about them?

I'm not the one with the temper... bitch.

Why ARE you into Indian voodoo magic or whatever?

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    These bits here kind of sounds rational > irrational, EIE > IEI. It doesn't mean you are from those few bits. They are mostly things I personally don't relate to and have a lot of issues with in my day to day life. My 2 cents.
    The leadership thing in particular makes me wonder about EIE. I don't relate to IEI's stereotypical helplessness in this respect. I enjoy creating actionable plans. I'm typically the person who turns to the group and says "alright team, this is how I say we split this...". Meanwhile, if I stay quiet, everyone just starts looking at each other. Come on. Setting out tasks is actually kind of fun so I don't mind this role at all, plus it makes me feel a bit like an idol being worshipped if everyone looks to me. I'm pleasantly surprised, but not necessarily relieved, when someone else decides to take the bull by the horns first.

(And yet I see the same people getting things done in groups without me. Maybe I just have a dominating effect. That would make me a little sad, that's the opposite of what I want. I want to bring people up to my enthusiasm...)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Just forget yourself and use intertype relationships instead. That's what I did.
    I would say those lean IEI-Fe for me. One of my sisters is ILI and my father is LIE. I definitely (granting the existence of familial power dynamics) have more of a kindred-esque interaction with my sister than my father. We tend to blabber on and on about Ni things that nobody else cares about, but we're also constantly arguing about it how we go about doing things. I keep trying to give her advice on Fe that she completely ignores ("be more diplomatic" "well I don't think you should have to lie to people" "...") and she constantly lectures me about how to do things right/correctly/faster/better/stronger, and I keep giving her reasons why it can't work in my case, you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Are you sure you're not an IEE? (just asking)
    Yeah. Whenever I see Ne or Fi described, I have a very patronizing sentiment towards them. I tend to feel like Ne is essentially just coming up with ideas, which anyone can do, and Fi is like the kid's edition of Fe. I don't really see either as describing my thought process well enough. I get a "yes, totally!" reaction on both Ni and Fe.

Also, Fe-PoLR annoys me, which seems like an unlikely trait for IEE.
    Last edited by Stellafera; 10-20-2017 at 02:46 AM.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The leadership thing in particular makes me wonder about EIE. I don't relate to IEI's stereotypical helplessness in this respect. I enjoy creating actionable plans. I'm typically the person who turns to the group and says "alright team, this is how I say we split this...". Meanwhile, if I stay quiet, everyone just starts looking at each other.
    would be strange for IEI

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The truth is, I actually relate very little to my so-called "identicals" on this forum. And why should we? We are actually very different people that have very little to do with each other...
    Either you are not identicals or you have much of common (related to types) with those people. I suspect your type as EIE, mostly.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Stella has a similar vibe to other self typed IEI-Fe, higher conscientiousness, rational, grounded... You vibe different than them but I still understand why you choose the Fe subtype. The thing they have in common is they can seem more ij or ej but you are very ip in comparison. I suppose a video is helpful when typing an IEI who has more of a j vibe to get a better idea of overall temperament. I am not typing anyone here since I do not know Stella other than some posts but I did notice what you noticed. It might be the social instinct that I pick up on since Mavi and Singu have a similar vibe but each express it differently.
    There probably are common interests between Singularity and me (political stuff etc.).. but I actually have related to him the least up to this point. Probably the so-element as you noticed.. but in general I have strong sx irl more of a 'darksider' so/sx with the knee jerk reactions.. like I notice a big difference between me and him in those regards, since he is a sx-last. From what I have seen so far I am also more action-oriented lol.

I do have met IEI so-firsts who definitely were more relatable at first. Thing is I mostly relate to other IEIs based on how their life experiences were so far, like when you and @Starfall mentioned the thing where you don't like looking at your bank account (keeping an eye on everything.. not meant in a money way lol), or how people don't trust you as easily with tasks, personally relate a lot to the way @Aylen writes and interacts at times.. I feel a certain pressure behind your persona that I relate to. @Starfall reminds me of another IEI I met irl. I met quite a few 'identicals' over the past years and all of them (no matter how many categories you have, socionics, enneagram, instincts, dcnh and other subtypes etc.) were different than people with the same stacking.. humans are that complex. I can describe a certain familiarity with identicals and other quadra people though. You often open up quickly and share similar impressions of things and people (especially beta irrationals). What I describe is pretty intangible and yeah.. you gotta feel it, lol.
    Last edited by dot; 10-21-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Stellafera I've been called 'domineering' by my ESE mother (who has 4D Se and is Ej) several times, I do like to take the lead when I am with other introverts/ occasionally protect them actually, have very 'hyper' moments which might make me look like an extravert, I have many goals and am very ambitious and also more practical minded compared to some other IEIs.. though most IEIs I met irl were pretty normal, not into anything magical.. lots of them come across as basic girls actually. I am probably IEI-D (or C).. I can be somewhat commanding actually. Yet I just know that I am no Fe-dom. I can't keep up Fe consistently and my mother (and other Fe doms) and me don't think similarly enough. My life is very irrational (I have no idea where I will be going.. I just know what is important to me), I didn't even know where I would go for holidays one week before I flew there, I move around a lot, would call myself somewhat scattered and nomadic, and I just know I am no Delta either.. IEE makes no sense for me.. I value Ti and Fe (simply because I like to break down stuff and track why I was thinking a certain way.. getting lost in Ti at times, loooving Fe atmospheres etc.). My nomadic tendencies might also be bcs of my sp-last nature.. I also feel a true 'leader' has to have certain qualities and if noone who is somewhat capeable is available I occassionally do take over too.. though I really have to push myself consciously, because I actually tend to lose motivation/ lose track at times.

I am also not sure if my IEI-D'ness' is trained.. but I started to consciously work on/ improve myself from an early age on, so any personality type can have uncommon qualities if they actually put their minds to something. Never be surprised of surprising/ unexpected qualities you might find your own type.. I met so many SLEs who were sooooo different from each other.. individual qualities matter a lot.

Wanting to take leadership roles could also be related to being so-firsts, since we actively want to acquire powerful positions within society and often wanna be leaders, since we wanna be respected by others (not all of them though of course, but there are tendencies). I kinda want to be a figure of respect.. dunno.

I think I am not as 'proper' vibe wise as you, the bit where you described your relation to work and making people happy almost had a bit of a Japanese mind set to it or maybe rather a sx-last vibe? I think I am more flighty.. while I do take my responsibilities very seriously, I think I am a tad more flaky.. like stealing away from boring events (even though being expected to be there, lol).

P.S. I've bee called kinda 'tough' by another IEI once, I think I used to be softer/more sensitive as a child, but experiences made me toughen up a bit.
    Last edited by dot; 10-21-2017 at 07:27 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This dominant subtype thing is interesting--I do relate--but I do have a question. What makes a Fe-ish, EJ-ish IEI not just an EIE?

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    I think I am not as 'proper' vibe wise as you, the bit where you described your relation to work and making people happy almost had a bit of a Japanese mind set to it or maybe rather a sx-last vibe? I think I am more flighty.. while I do take my responsibilities very seriously, I think I am a tad more flaky.. like stealing away from boring events (even though being expected to be there, lol).
    I thought I was actually coming across really casually in my original post before I read it over. I guess it's just my nature? It's probably the Sx-lastness. I haven't seen any other Sx-last betas on this forum. Ah, such a lonely, sensible, and collected existence.

I do sometimes sneak away from boring things partway through... depends on how much I am expected to be there, though. I can be pretty irrational-improvisional in my life, which leans IEI I suppose. Today planned to stay inside and study, then I texted one of my friends about something and he said why not meet up, it's been forever. And then long story short we spent 3 miles walking to a hamburger place because I missed one bus stop already, I'll miss another one again.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEI is most possible
    EIE is impossible

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This dominant subtype thing is interesting--I do relate--but I do have a question. What makes a Fe-ish, EJ-ish IEI not just an EIE?

I thought I was actually coming across really casually in my original post before I read it over. I guess it's just my nature? It's probably the Sx-lastness. I haven't seen any other Sx-last betas on this forum. Ah, such a lonely, sensible, and collected existence.

I do sometimes sneak away from boring things partway through... depends on how much I am expected to be there, though. I can be pretty irrational-improvisional in my life, which leans IEI I suppose. Today planned to stay inside and study, then I texted one of my friends about something and he said why not meet up, it's been forever. And then long story short we spent 3 miles walking to a hamburger place because I missed one bus stop already, I'll miss another one again.
    You will know once you met real EIEs. It's just different, haha. I don't think I am Si-POLR and I definitely cannot keep up Fe as a default mode irl. I can come across as extraverted but when I relax I am actually much calmer and somewhat more chill. You will know you are an introvert if you actually feel drained by people (it is not just like taking a break like everyone), but I am usually the first one to go or leave a party, often get exhausted from partys and people and my mind starts to drift away / I have more trouble concentrating etc. I actually have to really save my energy for exhausting tasks and take things very slowly.. I mostly reach goals through continuously working towards them, but not with that much energy. I chill way too much in my room for a so-first extravert.. I would be ultra extraverted if I was so-first and an actual extravert. Maybe take a look at Filatovas portraits, EIEs have rather moody, intense, dramatic expressions compared to IEIs.. we often don't smile or have a very small and gentle smile as default expression.

Plus I dislike many ESEs way too much to be an EIE, lol.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An IEI is always an IEI But the creative function (Fe) can be emphasized. That's certainly not an EIE because they have base Fe. But there can also be a general consciousness or energization of Fe. That's the Dominant subtype. That's also not an EIE because the whole phenomenon is partly disconnected from the main type. You'll have to compare lots of people irl to figure it out.

I have a candidate for D-IEI, you might want to look at her. Finnish talk show host and journalist.

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reading it I thought: "Why not EII, even?" - EIE never came to mind, introverted ethics are really strong, 4D. And overall introverted elements are present. It's gotta be INFx. I think your current self-typing is pretty close

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    IEI is most possible
    EIE is impossible
    Worth noting for the sake of the thread that this was after I sent Sol a typing video last night. He might be on the money... I reviewed the footage and I think I come off as significantly more introverted than I realized. Also... I do voices a lot when I talk. I tend to verbally act out scenes when I'm telling a story (which I think might be the Ni-Fe combo trying to convey the mood/feeling of what I'm talking about).

I have somewhat similar body language to that Finish television host that @Tallmo linked to as well, although I'm much more flappy with my hands and such. Really I talk a lot like my favorite So/Sp IEI-Fe to reference, Bo Burnham

Well, thank you all for your help in smoothing over that minor identity crisis. I wasn't expecting such a unified response for IEI.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Eii.

Okay.

Case closed

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Eii.

Okay.

Case closed
    Hm, how so?

I can see some 4D Fi in my statements as @Chae mentioned, but the intertype relationships don't seem to match up. Granted, that's based off of of the assumption I understand what other types look like, which is rather in question since I'm posting in this section. I also don't really understand Ne/Si, whereas Ni/Se makes an immediate and intuitive (ha) sense to me.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe valuing seems clear: needing communication and an emotional response, etc. are constant themes.

I find EIE difficult to see - it seems like you are too down-to-earth, have a stable "boring" lifestyle, and generally are conflict avoidant even if you are comfortable taking leadership roles. I would like to have more information though, if not Beta NF I would consider Alpha SF.

Si-ish / non-EIE stuff:

"I really need the people to be nice."
    "I’ve spent too much of my life inside a lonely comfort zone."
    "I’d move to a fun neighborhood in the city and otherwise live a relaxing and fun life."
    "Sometimes I just go on long walks alone with my camera. Very relaxing."
    "Nothing feels better than talking to someone that makes you feel like you’re interesting. " (Ne seeking? could also be Fe though)
    "ultimately a bit of a stick in the mud"

Feel free to PM me a video if you decide to make one (you already did the questionnaire so I guess just talk about random stuff that interests you).

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you‘re IEI-Fe. You answered all the questions well and it was interesting to read.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hm, how so?

I can see some 4D Fi in my statements as @Chae mentioned, but the intertype relationships don't seem to match up. Granted, that's based off of of the assumption I understand what other types look like, which is rather in question since I'm posting in this section. I also don't really understand Ne/Si, whereas Ni/Se makes an immediate and intuitive (ha) sense to me.
    Jk. I don't actually know socionics. I just knew your infp on perc. And that's why i concluded your eii. Lol

Don't Believe me

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I find EIE difficult to see - it seems like you are too down-to-earth, have a stable "boring" lifestyle, and generally are conflict avoidant even if you are comfortable taking leadership roles. I would like to have more information though, if not Beta NF I would consider Alpha SF.

Si-ish / non-EIE stuff:

"I really need the people to be nice."
    "I’ve spent too much of my life inside a lonely comfort zone."
    "I’d move to a fun neighborhood in the city and otherwise live a relaxing and fun life."
    "Sometimes I just go on long walks alone with my camera. Very relaxing."
    "Nothing feels better than talking to someone that makes you feel like you’re interesting. " (Ne seeking? could also be Fe though)
    "ultimately a bit of a stick in the mud"
    Hm, SEI. That's a bit of a throwback for me. I used to think I was an MBTI ISTJ (lol) because I was convinced I was too practical to be an intuitive and too even-keeled (I was not even-keeled) to be a feeler. I just feel like I identify too much with Ni... it sounds like my standard information-gathering process. Si sounds like something I periodically do in the form of mental check-ups or as a comparative tool, but not my primary means of attack. Ni is so logical, it's getting the good parts out of the info, blood from the stone. Draw conclusions from the data points given, combo with a judging function to figure out what conclusions are good, useful, bad, inaccurate. Form a picture. Usually be right. Onto the next thing to learn.

I agree that your examples show a desire to maintain some sort of steady happy internal state (though consistently in an aspirational tone) but I'd take issue with the stability/boring aspect necessarily being Alpha-ish. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but.... I am Sx-last. Alpha quadra values are typically portrayed as Sx-last. Look at the Sp/So thread sometime, so much Alpha/Delta. Beta not so much. I long for a sense of activity/"things happening" (Se?) in my life but not necessarily intensity/drama. The things I tend to get emotional about are dry. I get really happy when people make me feel welcome/like a member of the group, for instance. That doesn't seem necessarily Alpha or Beta but just Social-dom-ish + Fe.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You being more assertive than college kids isn't saying much, they are usually soooo shy and withdrawn. (when I went to college I was disappointed that there wasn't the asshole douche super outgoing frat type like you see on movies, there was only one outgoing boy in the entire class of like 55 people- and he was just kinda uber normal and the only one of us who drove his own car.) It's not really uncommon for IEIs to be leaders, even bossy- around people like that.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh you're istj. I really thought perc's members are all infp lol

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Oh you're istj. I really thought perc's members are all infp lol
    actually I'm ENTP, close the thread
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

actually I'm ENTP, close the thread
    I knew it