Thread: 80 Q's: What's my type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 80 Q's: What's my type?

Sorry in advance if this is too long or boring. This questionnaire is hella long

Ti

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    General to specific means taking a broad notion and breaking it down into smaller details. Specific to general is taking small details, usually observed, and drawing a broad conclusion from such.

2. What does “logical” mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?

"Logical" is an adjective that remains consistent with objective reality and its laws/circumstances. My understanding is drawn upon from successes, failures, and observations. My thoughts follow common view most of the time as long as I deem it coherent.

3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    The fractions help divide time in equal intervals to make it easier to determine time.

4. What is a rule? What rules must you follow?
    Rules are guidelines on how things work whether natural or human made. However as much we can manipulate nature and break limitations, there are still rules that we cannot break (science and its laws). Some human made rules are to be followed as long as it keeps society functioning ideally without restricting sensible freedom. Some rules don't make sense however, and what you want to do with those rules is up to you.

5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    Hierarchy is a system that places people in certain levels/niches, often of different value in society. No you don't need to follow it sometimes not minding it makes it easier to move up. Just be respectful to the people you encounter.

6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    Useful for help. I don't need them if I figure out things on my own however. I could write one if I put the effort into doing so, but I wouldn't want to do so.

7. Please explain: “Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws”? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    Not exactly. You have the freedom to break them but people also have the freedom to restrict someone if it's harmful to their/someone else's well being.

8. Tell us how consistent are you?
    If you're referring to logical consistency, I'd say it's above average. Sometimes I slip up.

9. What is a “standard”? Why do people need it?
    Standard is something people or an object/product must abide to ensure quality or consistency within a system.

10. You need to put in order your home library. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    I don't find a need to do so unless I need to make room for something/it becomes an eyesore.

Te

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    Work is an action that yields productive value. People go to work for different reasons. Some do it for reward, some do it for fun, some do it for a cause. I prefer work that I can both enjoy and be good at.

2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    Higher quality products are harder to produce and cost more, and as a result less are produced and vice versa. Since quality plays a sort of role in supply, it affects price because price is determined by the break even point of supply and demand.

3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    People determine quality on where it fits on some sort of standard whether it's theirs or someone else's. I determine quality based on a mix of my own expectations and certain sets of standards. I usually determine the quality of purchases through feedback from reviews, comparing and contrasting similar products/any other applicable thing with pros and cons, and whether or not it functions to my needs.

4. How do you feel if you didn’t finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    Depends. If it was something trivial, I wouldn't mind. However, if it was something of value, I feel a strong urge/need to finish what I started, even if it doesn't happen [immediately]. It happens more often than not due to laziness.

5. What is “interesting work” for you? Please explain in detail.
    Interesting work for me would entail problem solving, especially if the problems are unique, which is probably decided to major in Chemical Engineering, and so far the work presented to me seems very interesting since there are many different fields and much room for innovation/research to be made. I have also considered working in intelligence/forensics but I don't think I will ever follow through such considerations.

6. You go to the store and see something you’re interested in buying, there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it’s overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    Something is overpriced if there are other products that do better for a better price. Something is underpriced when a product intended to make profit becomes a loss, though I wouldn't mind if I was on the buying end . Something being priced correctly depends on supply and demand.
    7. When you work and someone tells you: “You don’t do it right.” What is your reaction?
    If said person provides sound reason to why I did something wrong and shows me a more efficient way of doing things, I wouldn't mind. If I don't agree with him/her, I would provide my reasons and become stubborn defending my methods, especially if their reasoning is incoherent. If I realize what I did was illogical or wrong and he/she proceeds to make me feel bad about such, it could kill my self-esteem temporarily.

8. Right next to you there is a real professional. You always see that you can’t perform the way he does. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    Someone who is a professional and does things right should be someone looked up upon. If I can't perform on the same level, I would either try to improve/change my actions to do better/get on said professional's level, or perhaps even surpass. However, I can live with not being as good as someone at something if I have something I deem could make up for that.

9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    A bit shy to ask others sometimes, most likely because I want to preserve my ego. In the end however, there's nothing wrong with asking for help if you need it.

10. You need to build a pyramid, exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
    Assemble a team of architects, engineers, and construction workers. Plan out design and logistics. In my opinion I would build something else if I were to choose.

Si

1. Tell us what is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    Beauty describes a person or object that possesses aesthetically attractive. Beauty isn't the only thing in attraction though. I would say it correlates with the generally accepted notion but I could be wrong. I would say subjective standards of beauty go beyond generally accepted notions (I have no idea what else to say).

2. Describe, please, your understanding of a beautifully dressed man or a woman. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    Someone who dresses who with at least a decent sense of fashion and doesn't look too tacky. Colors should blend nicely together. I don't know how to explain beauty to a person since standards are very blurred and dependent on individual standards.

3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as “classical beauty”? If so, what is it?
    Beautiful for sure describes something aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Classical beauty I would say classical beauty (timeless beauty) could exist in some way but is most likely rare since standards change throughout time.

4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    Comfort and coziness is a state of relaxation with little to no stress. I'm usually most comfortable when I have enough room to move around or rest. I can't rest well alone if I don't have enough space to stretch. I don't know if this has to do with my skill in creating comfort, but my friends like to come over to my house to chill and hang out.

5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    I pick clothes that are aesthetically pleasing and produce a certain look. More often than not they would go well if other clothes. I usually only care when I'm trying to look good. Otherwise, what I wear doesn't really matter as long as it's not an eyesore. I don't follow fashion and only look up how to dress if I want insight on a particular look. I don't care what people get as long as they're fine with the clothes and know what they're doing. Most of the time, it's me asking others what clothes fit me because I'm not confident on how I look towards others.

6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What others think about your skill?
    I cook decently, though I'd prefer to cook with someone I know. I was told if you're not baking or making sauces, you don't exactly have to follow the recipes. As for skill, when I made pad thai for my family, they all praised me except for the fact it was a tad salty.

7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    I'm decent. As long as it's not too tacky, I'm fine with what I have.

8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    I'd usually agree if I'm seeking advice on such matters.

9. Tell us how you’d design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I'd make sure the layout is neat and would prefer to have a little modern look. I would also want something exciting for people to look at, but I don't know exactly. I'd usually leave this work upon someone else with a good sense of taste.

10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
    If he/she is hard to look at. In my opinion, I don't like gauged ears, excessive body piercings, sagging pants, mullets, etc. but I wouldn't make those grounds to dislike a person. I don't always trust my own taste and would usually ask other people for opinions.

Se

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    I often need a reason to do such. Methods depends what I have to get others to do. I press people only if I really want them to do something and it's usually through persuasion or reasoning.

2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    The invasion of someone's personal space or some place. It takes a lot of pushing buttons for me to repulse. If it ever reaches a certain point, I can easily boil over, but most of the time I wish not to.

3. What does “my people” and “strangers” mean? When do “my people” become “strangers” and why?
    "
    My people" would be those who you can talk to freely about many things and accept who you are. Strangers are those you don't know enough about. "My people" would become strangers through too much distance with little contact or if they become harmful to my well being.

4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
    Yes of course. I can use strategies but my actions are liable to change to get to the same goal. It is justified as a sort of self defense.

5. Do you think it’s ok to occupy someone else’s territory? In what situations?
    If said place requests your help and allows you to do so or poses as an absolute threat, then yes.

6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    Raising morale, reasoning and persuasion, and pressure. I would say reasoning and persuasion are the best ways to go. Raising morale works for someone with low self esteem. Pressure can be produced from such methods, but direct pressure is may be needed to convince someone not do something he/she shouldn't do.

7. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    Never thought about it really.

8. Describe to us your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    If someone shows opposition, I usually try to be diplomatic and not avoid confrontation, usually turning it into a discussion. However, I would still try to hold my ground if I think I'm right become very stubborn. I would start to use force when someone becomes more "hostile" or stubborn.

9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    Probably not, but not weak either in terms of physical strength because I do take the time to exercise time from time. I only see myself as average.

10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    A person is strong if he/she is persistent, able to resist external force, and confident. Force in essence is the application of an external stimuli. People listen one person only for many reasons. Maybe the said person looks/is competent. Maybe said person is reliable. People in general look up to those who provide a sense of security or direction.

Fi

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain to a 10 year old child what boorishness means?How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    Boorishness is being inconsiderate and rude. Yes it most likely correlates with accepted notions. To a child I would explain it as doing something that people don't want you doing and that shouldn't be done. To an adult, I would explain why the said person needs to reconsider his actions and how the other person may feel.

2. How would you improve the moral of the society?
    I have no idea actually. I just know society needs improvement.

3. Can you justify somebody’s bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn’t taught how to do so?
    Maybe, but I usually don't wish to.

4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    Love is the feeling of connection with another and concern for their well-being. Hormones produced in your body cause such feelings to happen. Yes you can do both at the same time if the punishment is just and not excessive.

5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    Southern. However I wouldn't mind German if the "master" is competent.

6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    The feeling of pitying someone else's mishaps. Express it if a person needs help through a rough time or advice. It's not advised when a person knows the consequences of certain actions or encourages inaction upon the person's part to get out of their pitiful situation.

7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    Yes there are norms to keep people from inflicting harm and make communication clearer. I only follow the norms if they make sense. People don't have to follow them if the norms are of trivial importance and I don't mind if people decide to go with the norm as long as they don't force me to follow norms.

8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    If a certain attitude prevent people from getting anywhere I guess?

9 . What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    Moral acts benefit or don't harm society. Immoral acts harm society. In terms of there being a right and wrong, I would say it correlates with other opinions of morality. Most people have a sense of right and wrong, it's just that some aspects of morality are subjective, so it's hard to evaluate my understanding.

10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
    Depends on why someone is angry, but it hurts when it's my own fault they have a negative attitude for justifiable reasons. I try to not show negative attitude but it eventually begins show slowly through cold attitude. It's very rare for my anger to become explosive. I probably won't be able to give someone silent treatment and I can forgive easily if they apologize or stop giving me a reason to hate them.

Fe

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    I guess it means the whole world should not come at the expense of another's suffering. It depends on the situation whether this phrase is applicable or not.

2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    I don't mind when someone else expresses emotions since I've had many friends do that to me already. Inappropriate expression is when expressing emotions doesn't help both parties at all.

3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    I can to correct behavior I don't agree with, usually when a family or close friend is being incompetent or being an ass.

4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    But when I do, I start to behave coldly and maybe even scorn him/her. I've been told by others that I'm very blunt when it comes to criticism and scorn. Other ways I express negative emotions is venting to a person I trust to calm myself down and keep check on my behavior.

5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
    Emotions that are insincere. Any other emotions would be sincere

6. What are right or wrong emotions?
    Emotions are good when justified or contribute to a situation. Wrong emotions are those that cause irrational actions and unfitting for the given situation.

7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    My emotional states are caused by external stimuli most of the time and lingers around for a while. I can change other people's emotions to either side of the scale depending on what I'm talking about.

8. What does it mean to “pour out your emotions”? How does it happen?
    Pouring out your emotion is letting all your feelings out to the external world. It can happen through pressure, coercion, or being moved by certain things.

9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
    I usually try to hide what I feel.

10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
    I very well know how I feel as well as other people's mood.

Ni

1. Do you like surprises?
    In general yes, though I might not show it as much as others.

2. Tell us how people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    People change based on experiences and circumstances. Success and failure teach a lot to people and things can go either pretty well or pretty bad. Others can notice changes given enough time and some pick up changes but disregard them for being unsure about their thoughts.

3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    Not everything happens for the best.

4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    A bunch of nonsense. Horoscopes cleverly utilize the Forer effect to make sure people reading feel that such statements apply to them.

5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    Yes, but more of I can pick out probable scenarios. What does the last question even mean?

6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you “kill” time? How?
    Time is the progression of events and is can be measured by a set standard, which in the case of humankind is seconds, minutes, hours, etc. I feel time strongly when I look into the past and see how fast things fly by as well as realizing how close the future is. I kill time by resting, indulging upon interesting information ranging from current events to black holes and supernovas, and talking to close friends on social media or in person.

7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    I can wait if I have to but deep inside I feel this sense of urge to speed up time. If I don't know when something happens, I either don't care or wait anxiously.

8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    I generally don't since I can pick out possibilities that are most likely to happen. I may settle on the most probable scenario but I won't stop considering other probabilities. Even if I trust my forecasts I usually keep them to myself and would rather tell people the different possibilities and outcomes.

9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    If it's a party or large informal gathering, I don't mind being late. However if it's important such as a lecture, formal event, etc., I try my best to be on time. If someone is late, I would usually brush it off unless I'm left alone for a long time.

10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…
    A: Distract myself with other activities
    B: Become attentive to the person's arrival
    C: It's ok to be a few minutes late...
    D: Become paranoid and and maybe take a small hit to my ego because they probably flake
    E: Contact them and give up if no response for a while (also applicable to Part D)

Ne

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    The meaning of life could be different for many people and is mostly like given to by the individual and environmental influence. I don't care if it's simplistic, religious, grandiose, etc. as long as it doesn't harm other people. For me it's to learn more about this world and universe and try to make things better for the people I know around me through the knowledge I'm given.

2. What should be done so people can be happy?
    Appreciate what you have and try to change what needs to be changed. Aim high and learn from your mistakes. You can never really be happy until you accept what life gives you.

3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
    I trust myself to do those said tasks myself. I will ask other people to ask for their opinion on certain matters and add to my thoughts.

4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about him right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone’s talents?
    I can immediately think of reasons for a strangers mood and appearance given enough context from the environment. With strangers though, I usually forget what I was thinking as my thoughts have shifted to something else I've spotted. With friends I can give suggestions on what they can do based on certain talents that they hold.

5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in him. What would make a person not interesting? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you “boring” and “not interesting”?
    To be honest I had a pretty hard time thinking about a person lol. I usually don't pay attention to what makes a person interesting because it just happens naturally. Albert Einstein himself was an interesting people. The qualities that make him interesting include his intellect, perspective of the world, religious views, his theories and intellect. A person is not interesting when I see someone way too much and all they offer is the same experience over and over again for the millionth time with noting new to talk about or do. I don't mind if someone is repetitive in their action but please, at least give me some space. I usually lose interest in a stranger if my small talk gets nowhere and becomes awkward. If someone calls me boring or not interesting, I usually just blow it off. You can't please everyone anyway. I can understand why too sometimes because I don't really do much with new people.

6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: 1) fair; 2) not fair; 3) hurtful; 4) strange.
    1.) Not everything is subjective; Donald Trump is insane; The world isn't fair; Make college easier to pay for or free if possible
    2.) We should ban Muslims travel to the U.S. because of their radical baddies *cough*Trump*cough*; expelling/suspending students for ridiculous reasons such as donning a mohawk, wearing a cross necklace, making a gun from your fingers; religious people are all narrow minded and don't contribute to the progress of the world (a counter example would be Mendel, father of modern genetics, and Lemaitre, the proposer of the theory that the universe is expanding aka Big Bang Theory before Hubble, were Catholic priests)*; hating someone who holds different beliefs than you whether they are political or religious
    3.) I don't consider how other people or how I affect their well-being as if I meant to intentionally hurt someone; I am a bad example to my brothers/other people
    4.) Conspiracy theories

7. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
    Yes but I just keep them to myself. They usually entail adventures with people I know or candid/somewhat romantic scenarios with people I like

8. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
    A person is successful when he can learn from his mistakes and take the right steps. He/she must be able to make rational choices and not let other people bring them down. Keeping close the people who truly care about you is another because you never know how much help they can give when needed. He/she must at least get along well with a couple people.

9. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    Not taking needed advice and arrogance because nobody is perfect. Someone could always help you improve in a certain aspect in some way. Being overtaken by irrational emotions and stuck in an endless cycle of self pity and exerting no effort to change the bad is a path to failure as well.

10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    For the most part I would care more about being a good person, but that doesn't stop me from desiring success. If possible, I would try to be both as much as I can. Sometimes successful people have all the chance to do good but abuse such success. A good person isn't always successful in terms of material possessions. They're often taken for granted or used to improve someone else's position.
    Last edited by arimosu; 01-19-2016 at 06:31 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

These questionnaires don't work for typing. Some are asking for definitions that can be defined much in the same way by any type
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darn I guess I just wasted my time then

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arimosu View Post
    Aww. It's not entirely a bad way to waste time
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arimosu View Post
    No. You've gotten +1 to your questionnaires skill.
    If you need typing, the best thing to do is to create a theme with videointerview.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Aww. It's not entirely a bad way to waste time
    No, for sure, there are much worse ways to waste your time.

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"