Thread: Timbaland

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Timbaland

Producer who gets far more recognition than those he collaborates with. ("Timbaland Feat. OneRepublic" should've been "OneRepublic Feat. Timbaland".)

SEI is most likely in my opinion. This is because he has this passion for music, and if you watch the OR video, you see him getting proper into it. He loves just immersing himself in his music. I imagine SEI as more likely than SLI because of his concern for what the music evokes.

Any other ideas?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Producer who gets far more recognition than those he collaborates with. ("Timbaland Feat. OneRepublic" should've been "OneRepublic Feat. Timbaland".)
    You jackass...lol.

When he puts his own CD out (Timbaland Presents Shock Value), it will say Timbaland Feat. (whomever else is on that track)... when he's on someone else's CD it's (whomever else) Feat. Timbaland. He's be retarded to "give more recognition" in that way for someone else on his own CD. 90% of the music he's involved with says Feat. Timbaland. Sorry, I just had a problem with the way you said that in your original post.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INqtxgyfG3Y

SEI is most likely in my opinion. This is because he has this passion for music, and if you watch the OR video, you see him getting proper into it. He loves just immersing himself in his music. I imagine SEI as more likely than SLI because of his concern for what the music evokes.

Any other ideas?
    I think logical type is really appearant. he makes really cool music. most hip hop has the basic sounds of synth strings, 808 drums, super synth bass but timbaland is really making the most of the repetitive format. I think SLI or alpha NT or something.
    asd

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    I think logical type is really appearant. he makes really cool music. most hip hop has the basic sounds of synth strings, 808 drums, super synth bass but timbaland is really making the most of the repetitive format. I think SLI or alpha NT or something.
    Yeah i think hes SLI aswell.

I dont mind this song at the moment. It seems to have a lot of sex in that girls voice that i like

ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Yeah i think hes SLI aswell.
    +1.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

Keri Hilson's a very talented girl in her own right. She's singer songwriter, doing the singing on this here song posted by Meatburger. She's wrote songs for all sorts of people, and I think Britney Spiers is in that list. I was gonna post a video just of her. She's much more fun to look it imo , but I s-pose I should stick to this thread..siighhhh.

Yeah the big man strikes me as SLI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI is a good bet, but why not SEI?

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    When he puts his own CD out (Timbaland Presents Shock Value), it will say Timbaland Feat. (whomever else is on that track)... when he's on someone else's CD it's (whomever else) Feat. Timbaland. He's be retarded to "give more recognition" in that way for someone else on his own CD. 90% of the music he's involved with says Feat. Timbaland. Sorry, I just had a problem with the way you said that in your original post.
    Okay, well, put it this way. Shock Value is a collection of songs by other artists, with his production. He did not write any of the songs on there. Many are simply remixes. It doesn't mean it's "Timbaland Feat. ...", because all he did was produce it. How many producers use their own name in a song? Timbaland. How many producers get more credit than the actual artist? Timbaland. He's a new breed is Timbaland.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I agree with Ezra... its kind of annoying that people think a lot of the songs he has helped produced were written by him, and don't even know the name of the artist/band involved

but I do like his work!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i think Timberlake, or whoever is the guy next to the green coat, is EIE. and if he is then how is ya man SLI?
    Professional relationship?

I was thinking Nelly Furtado might be ENFp so that would be a dual relationship.

SEI i could see as another possibility.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, well, put it this way. Shock Value is a collection of songs by other artists, with his production. He did not write any of the songs on there. Many are simply remixes. It doesn't mean it's "Timbaland Feat. ...", because all he did was produce it. How many producers use their own name in a song? Timbaland. How many producers get more credit than the actual artist? Timbaland. He's a new breed is Timbaland.

i agree, but i sort of think people listen to these songs to listen to timbaland. also, the neptunes were a similar phenomenon. probably not cocky enough to list their names in the songs, but at least a few people knew neptunes' production as well. it has a really distinctive sound that stands out.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i agree, but i sort of think people listen to these songs to listen to timbaland. also, the neptunes were a similar phenomenon. probably not cocky enough to list their names in the songs, but at least a few people knew neptunes' production as well. it has a really distinctive sound that stands out.
    yeah that distinctive sound is why they lost popularity. all their songs sound similar, whereas timbaland has definitely had phases but his sound has really evolved.

for his type: SLI seems like a good bet. I really think he could be intuitive. He seems really explorative and boyish. usually sensing rap artists just try to be thugs, and the intuitive rap artists are hmm, shrill thugs(i should note that i'm talking about popular rap music).
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that distinctive sound is why they lost popularity. all their songs sound similar, whereas timbaland has definitely had phases but his sound has really evolved.
    i'll agree with that. point being that he's not the only producer out there who might have a popularity contest with the artists he works with.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll agree with that. point being that he's not the only producer out there who might have a popularity contest with the artists he works with.
    yeah but who gives a shit about that? anybody interested enough in the music is going to know the basic facts. let's stop caring what the layperson thinks.
    asd

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    And even if they sing it crap he can probablly make them sound good anyway. (not really sure on this tho).
    lol..by turning the volume down?!

Na know what you mean, they can put a voice through a computer to alter the off key parts to make it in key and all sorts.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but who gives a shit about that? anybody interested enough in the music is going to know the basic facts. let's stop caring what the layperson thinks.
    ezra? that's who i was addressing originally, who seemed a bit peeved that timbaland > the artists he works with.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ezra? that's who i was addressing originally, who seemed a bit peeved that timbaland > the artists he works with.
    god that's dumb. sorry ezra but come on- think about what you think about a little more.
    asd

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet that various forum members here could submit sound bites of them singing and Timbaland could mix it up, set it up to some deliciously mad beats, and we'd be up on the Billboards in no time. He's crazy good.

As for his type, I've previously said SLI and that still sounds right.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for his type: SLI seems like a good bet. I really think he could be intuitive. He seems really explorative and boyish. usually sensing rap artists just try to be thugs, and the intuitive rap artists are hmm, shrill thugs(i should note that i'm talking about popular rap music).
    And i think like SLI's are different. They know the delta people will know will bust a cap in their asses if the stray from the path too much. Timbaland is smart, hes like nah i will just have the cool vibe and then i can work with all the hot babes.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's definitely overrated.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's a tank

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    He's definitely overrated.
    who is making better or even decent radio hip hop? he can't be overrated when there is no one else even in his category.
    asd

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who is making better or even decent radio hip hop? he can't be overrated when there is no one else even in his category.
    He is overrated.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is overrated.
    what the fuck ever. he is unrateable because there is nothing similar.
    asd

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the fuck ever. he is unrateable because there is nothing similar.
    Just because there is nothing similar doesn't mean you can't rate something/someone based on a standard ... it's not like rating is always a comparison.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because there is nothing similar doesn't mean you can't rate something/someone based on a standard ... it's not like rating is always a comparison.
    completely incorrect, but i understand what you are getting at
    asd

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

completely incorrect, but i understand what you are getting at
    heathiepoo

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heathiepoo
    what? a rating is like a measurement. when you rate something as overrated you are comparing it to something that is not overrated, even possibly something underrated.
    asd

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what? a rating is like a measurement. when you rate something as overrated you are comparing it to something that is not overrated, even possibly something underrated.
    You win this internet debate.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't make a value judgement, hence you're deducing undeducible facts.

Timbaland is better than the artists he works with, except Nelly Furtado. She's got a lot of talent; a lot more than he has.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree on SLI based on the interview...don't know much else about him. But seriously, what is up with his over-acted expressions in the music videos? I guess it looks weird because they don't seem natural. Might just be me though.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't see much other than SLI, to be honest. I probobly don't know much about him to be completely correct on that because he seems like a very private person (which um...aren't SLI's?). And he does overact a lot and it is very odd but something tells me i'd come off the same way if told to act a certain way. It's obviously something very foreign to him.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I couldn't see much other than SLI, to be honest. I probobly don't know much about him to be completely correct on that because he seems like a very private person (which um...aren't SLI's?). And he does overact a lot and it is very odd but something tells me i'd come off the same way if told to act a certain way. It's obviously something very foreign to him.
    Yes, that's what I meant.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every time you type someone, dee, I lose a bit more faith in you. Please, stop, for your own good.