Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,360 of 1595

Thread: What physical features do you find attractive?

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    @summerprincess

Several other people have expressed (or expressed agreement through 'likes' etc) that they think Devon Aoki has Down's Syndrome-like features. You then went on to say that many other mixed race asian people can have features like hers easily. This (mis)information or ideas that you're involved in generating are offensive, whether or not you personally agree with parts of them or not, and intentional or not. I knew it was unintentional/not done consciously so I was kind of joking too, of course. I'm mixed race asian, and I would like to think I'm not part of a racial subgroup that could have features associated with Down's Syndrome at all (either by your opinion or others'). I guess it isn't a big deal however.
    I didn't do anything offensive.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Everyone has their own tastes, let's just accept that and enjoy it. We fight about the most stupid shit sometimes.

Nobody is universally attractive. I feel like, as long as someone loves you, life is worth living. The worst feeling in the world is to be totally alone and surrounded by indifference. If you experience that, I am truly empathetic.

For the rest of you, though, life is not so bad: drink more beer and give someone close to you a hug, go for a walk and clear your head. If all else fails, jerk off and howl at the moon.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    I didn't do anything offensive.
    I was the one who posted the Devon Aoki pic, because I find her beautiful. Yes objectively she has 'weird' features. In my opinion hers are very extravagant. I find her very beautiful and appealing aka high fashion the way she is. To me personally an outstanding beauty.
    I rather think @summerprincess just wanted to argue that her being of mixed descent gave her a look some people might find weird, because in her specific case she was given exraordinary features. Obviously there is a huge variety in mixed people, but her comment wasn't meant as a generalization but rather an explanation of why she has these unique features, because maybe the other person didn't know that she was of mixed descent.
    I also guess the part where you said "so mixed race people can easily have these features [which resemble having down-syndrome according to a few people]", was the part which upset a few people in light of the things said before, but you probably meant to defend Devon and not to actually say mixed people easily look like they have down-syndrome. Excuse me if I am speaking for you Summerprincess! If that wasn't your intention then I am sorry for speaking on our behalf, but that is how I read your comment. This situation was no big deal though.

Best regards.
    Last edited by dot; 03-10-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm asian and i find looking like having a down syndrome offensive.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Although my mother always tells us we look like kids who have down syndrome just because of the way we act, and we look 😂

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    I'm asian and i find looking like having a down syndrome offensive.
    Noone said Asians look like they have down-syndrome. Please people stop making things up. People were referring to Devon specifically. Explanations are above.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    Noone said Asians look like they have down-syndrome. Please people stop making things up. People were referring to Devon specifically. Explanations are above.
    Okay xD but i have down syndrome

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    I was the one who posted the Devon Aoki pic, because I find her beautiful. Yes objectively she has 'weird' features, even compared to other half-Asian people in my opinion hers are very extravagant. I find her very beautiful and appealing aka high fashion the way she is. To me personally an outstanding beauty. Some people might compare it to down-syndrome.. I do not, I find her having elf- or cat-like features (but I objectively can see where they are coming from, since she naturally has far-apart eyes etc. If we aren't too political correct I mean. And yes again for everyone to read: not every half-Asian will look like this).
    I rather think @summerprincess just wanted to argue that her being of mixed descent gave her a look some people might find weird, because in her specific case she was given exraordinary features. Obviously there is a huge variety in mixed people, but her comment wasn't meant as a generalization but rather an explanation of why she has these unique features, because maybe the other person didn't know that she was of mixed descent.
    I also guess the part where you said "so mixed race people can easily have these features [which resemble having down-syndrome according to a few people]", was the part which upset a few people in light of the things said before, but you probably meant to defend Devon and not to actually say mixed people easily look like they have down-syndrome. Excuse me if I am speaking for you Summerprincess! If that wasn't your intention then I am sorry for speaking on our behalf, but that is how I read your comment. This situation was no big deal though.

Best regards.
    Your words are exactly what I was thinking! Thanks for being on my wavelength! :-) I am actually mixed myself, not as obviously as somebody like Devon is but mixed nonetheless so I would never try to denigrate a certain race of people.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Certain tones and accents...basically voices that are calming and smooth, but rumbling. I quite like proper British accents, and the Aussie one but also partial to lyrical languages such as Italian, Greek...basically if someone's voice gives me 'the tingles' (I mean ASMR scalp and skin tingles of warmness and serenity! Not the other kind of body tingles...though I suppose certain words and sentences would induce that inner thrill).

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like hands too...big manly hands, and good smells. I know I sound like a gay Hannibal Lector now so I'mma shuddup xD

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlutteringShyxx View Post
    I know I sound like a gay Hannibal Lector now so I'mma shuddup xD
    This really made me laugh. xD
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I've posted a lot of pics and gifs on this forum before, most of them featuring "pretty boys" or "princes", haha.

But lately I am less interested in that...

I have noticed that my main preference is "pretty(-ish) boy", and then my secondary one is "old protector guy".

In the latter case, the guy can be old (for me, that's in his mid-50s) and look his age (more or less), as long as he is reasonably healthy, his shoulder-to-waist-ratio is fine (aka he's got broader shoulders), his face is not messed up and fairly symmetrical, and he takes care of himself. I can feel physically attracted to that kind of guy when he's got other valuable traits, mostly personality-based. This kind of attraction doesn't happen too often for me (it's happened like two times so far), but it's still significant, I think.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I've posted a lot of pics and gifs on this forum before, most of them featuring "pretty boys" or "princes", haha.

But lately I am less interested in that...

I have noticed that my main preference is "pretty(-ish) boy", and then my secondary one is "old protector guy".

In the latter case, the guy can be old (for me, that's in his mid-50s) and look his age (more or less), as long as he is reasonably healthy, his shoulder-to-waist-ratio is fine (aka he's got broader shoulders), his face is not messed up and fairly symmetrical, and he takes care of himself. I can feel physically attracted to that kind of guy when he's got other valuable traits, mostly personality-based. This kind of attraction doesn't happen too often for me (it's happened like two times so far), but it's still significant, I think.
    @Adam Strange

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Haha I knew someone would mention him.
    But it's actually not him I was talking about... xD

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Devon does look like an attractive handicapped girl, or whatever is the PC expression nowadays.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Devon does look like an attractive handicapped girl, or whatever is the PC expression nowadays.
    Lololol...something about your vibe entices me @darya.

I was looking back for photos to discover the origin of this gynocentric spat, but to be honest, I lost interest. Now, I shall grace this thread with some more beautiful, earnest, ardent, passionate and feminine women...

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post

I was looking back for photos to discover the origin of this gynocentric spat, but to be honest, I lost interest. Now, I shall grace this thread with some more beautiful, earnest, ardent, passionate and feminine women...

0/10.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    0/10.
    10/10 Troll.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I was little I've always had a thing for blondies. Whenever I see a group with one blondie, I grow interested lol
    Guess that's because they're quite rare over here... I really like all that is uncommon, every ethnicity that wasn't my own, every person that was not fitting.. that's what I always liked.
    My current bf is asian so I can confirm it today... (I've always attributed this to my Sagittarius imprint though).

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hybris theory View Post
    Since I was little I've always had a thing for blondies. Whenever I see a group with one blondie, I grow interested lol
    Guess that's because they're quite rare over here... I really like all that is uncommon, every ethnicity that wasn't my own, every person that was not fitting.. that's what I always liked.
    My current bf is asian so I can confirm it today... (I've always attributed this to my Sagittarius imprint though).
    I wonder what made you choose an Asian over a Blondie...

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Rich Divas I Want To Marry

Very attractive accessory:

Last edited by Chae; 08-30-2017 at 10:47 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Marrying a guy just for his money is like selling your soul to the devil.

The money itself doesn't make a guy more attractive as an individual, but only more attractive as a resource...

At least for me.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marrying a guy just for his money is like selling your soul to the devil.

At least for me.
    Yep. That's exactly why I posted the images. Get yourself a WOMAN with money instead Joint gay business is a good idea to me.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yep. That's exactly why I posted the images. Get yourself a WOMAN with money instead Joint gay business is a good idea to me.
    Ha for me, the same principle applies to women.

If I don't find someone attractive in any other way, except for their coins, and I ended up dating them, I'd internally rot probably, haha.

Or in less dramatic words, it would be quite a loveless union, at least from my side.

And it doesn't matter whether they are male or female...

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The money itself doesn't make a guy more attractive as an individual, but only more attractive as a resource...
    Only when you yourself don't have cash Which is unacceptable. I believe in matching salaries and wouldn't settle for less, dependency is poison. I won't get myself a rich mom until I succeeded at self-preservation

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ha for me, the same principle applies to women.

If I don't find someone attractive in any other way, except for their coins, and I ended up dating them, I'd internally rot probably, haha.

Or in less dramatic words, it would be quite a loveless union, at least from my side.

And it doesn't matter whether they are male or female...
    I do think it matters and there's a difference. Money/status doesn't exclude love either, that's why is blocked with in Gamma

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    I do think it matters and there's a difference. Money/status doesn't exclude love either, that's why is blocked with in Gamma
    I didn't say that money itself has to exclude love. Only that if money is the only thing I find "attractive" about a guy, it pretty much means I don't truly like or love him, and never will.
    I can definitely love a guy who has money if there are other things that align. My point is just, I need those other things as well to be able to love him. As you said, that's more likely if you both are on the same level economically, but it is not necessarily a must.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I didn't say that money itself has to exclude love. Only that if money is the only thing I find "attractive" about a guy, it pretty much means I don't truly like or love him, and never will.
    I can definitely love a guy who has money if there are other things that align. My point is just, I need those other things as well to be able to love him. As you said, that's easier if you both are on the same level economically, but it is not necessarily a must.
    Why do you talk about guys and your hypothetical partner, they're not relevant to the rich divas and me and vice versa If the person becomes exchangeable and cash is the only factor it's not good that's obvious Then it's better to stay alone. My only point is that greed is nice and you can be shameless about it. Abundance in life & high expectations are essential.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I asked an ILI friend of mine, who is married to an ESI-Se, what I should be looking for in a mate, and he said a kind heart, and someone who is supportive.
    I separately asked his wife what she thought I needed in a partner, and she said, someone who is intelligent, emotionally mature, and financially secure.

I think these are good starting points. Certainly, they are essentials.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The amount of money a person brings to a relationship is less important than the values that they bring to it.

I've been rich and I've been poor and I'd rather be rich, but I must have someone who shares my values.

Having said that, it is easier to connect with a person when you both have nearly the same amount of money. Otherwise, the power balance in the relationship becomes too unequal and this can place a huge strain on a relationship, especially if it has not matured yet.

When I met my ex-wife, I thought she was a secretary, so I paid for our first few dates. It turned out that she was a Senior Systems Analyst at the U of M and was making as much as I was, and at that point, we started splitting the costs.
    When she became pregnant with our son, I decided to stay home and be a house husband so the kid would be raised by someone with our values, rather than a nanny. I was prepared to accept the fact that I'd be bringing in little or nothing, and that the power balance in the marriage would shift strongly towards her, and it did. She'd come home from work, look around at the mess the house was in (kids destroy the place 3 times daily, I could only repair it 2.5 times daily), and would ask me what I did all day and why wasn't dinner ready?

This was tough on a guy who previously ran an engineering department, but I figured it was worth it.

Later, when my business started showing a profit (5X what she was making) and she got breast cancer and the University fired her as a financial liability (but cleverly, so she had no recourse), I had no problem being the sole bread winner. I just wanted her to get well.

To paraphrase Freewheelin' Franklin, "Shared values will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no values."
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-30-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I asked an ILI friend of mine, who is married to an ESI-Se, what I should be looking for in a mate, and he said a kind heart, and someone who is supportive.
    I separately asked his wife what she thought I needed in a partner, and she said, someone who is intelligent, emotionally mature, and financially secure.

I remember some thread in here where the topic was around gamma people that share money and pay for each other and I just do that with people really close to me and to me that's great. It means a lot when one's able to trust someone and give their money to them, it's a gesture that I find kind of loving.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems a bit vague to me...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When she became pregnant with our son, I decided to stay home and be a house husband so the kid would be raised by someone with our values, rather than a nanny. I was prepared to accept the fact that I'd be bringing in little or nothing, and that the power balance in the marriage would shift strongly towards her, and it did. She'd come home from work, look around at the mess the house was in (kids destroy the place 3 times daily, I could only repair it 2.5 times daily), and would ask me what I did all day and why wasn't dinner ready?
    what the hell man.
    a relationship shouldn´t be a struggle between two partners?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    what the hell man.
    a relationship shouldn´t be a struggle between two partners?
    His wife was his Supervisor (SLI), so that explains her attitude there rather well. It sounds exactly like what an SLI supervisor would act like.
    Besides the fact that this kind of power balance often doesn't work for many women, they automatically tend to see the man as beneath them in some way, unless they are the kind of woman who is naturally wired to be the leader at all the times, and the relationship had been set up that way from the very beginning.

Would be cool if someone (a mod) could come up with a sub-thread for this topic and move the posts there, because it really derails this thread, but I'd like to continue talking about it.

You could call it "Love, Attraction, and Money" or something.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

His wife was his Supervisor (SLI), so that explains her attitude there rather well. It sounds exactly like what an SLI supervisor would act like.
    Besides the fact that this kind of power balance often doesn't work for many women, they automatically tend to see the man as beneath them in some way, unless they are the kind of woman who is naturally wired to be the leader at all the times, and the relationship had been set up that way from the very beginning.

Would be cool if someone (a mod) could come up with a sub-thread for this topic and move the posts there, because it really derails this thread, but I'd like to continue talking about it.

You could call it "Love, Attraction, and Money" or something.
    @Moderators, pleases split this thread. "Love, Attraction, and Money" is something that interests all IEI's, and I have more to say about Love and Money.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post

second girl has most likely had some work done - nose job & lip filler. this is the popular "kardashian face" type of look so v easy to pick out. additionally look at the top of her upper lip

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by summerprincess View Post
    second girl has most likely had some work done - nose job & lip filler. this is the popular "kardashian face" type of look so v easy to pick out. additionally look at the top of her upper lip
    Remember that I am a man, so I'm not that aware about the finer details of female anatomy. We are creatures of simple tastes. Still that being said, those shallow whores having nose jobs, honestly! I ought to have known better.

If that's you in your avatar, you and I should go out instead.

(I am adaptable)

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged