Thread: Identicals

Creepy-

Default Identicals

I am sure I've read about this before but couldn't find a thread about it; if there is one, please let me know.

When interacting with an identical, have you found that one of you begins to act like your dual?

I am hoping for examples from real life interactions with your identicals....

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I am sure I've read about this before but couldn't find a thread about it; if there is one, please let me know.

When interacting with an identical, have you found that one of you begins to act like your dual?

It's not exactly the same, but as far as Identical interactions go, Rick started a project on the wikisocion about this

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Type_talk
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't come across too many like me yet. Maybe I'm in the wrong field/part of the world?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Creepy-

Thank you, Tereg! Like you said, that is not exactly what I was asking about, but I had not seen it before; it is very interesting.

This:
    SLI talk
    Two SLIs together will tend to talk about what they're doing right at the moment, about things they know how to do and how they do them, physical states, and details about their health and lifestyle. The tone of conversations is generally low-key and somewhat monotone, punctuated by bursts of laughter.

Examples:

- "I've just have no energy today."

- "Why? Did you get enough sleep?"

conversation turns into a discussion of factors contributing to fatigue, including diet, sleep, medications, etc.

- "You haven't seen my tattoo yet, have you?" (proceeds to show tattoo)

conversations turns into a discussion of where and how tattoos are done, and the experience of getting one

- "Yesterday I picked up my new ____"

- "Cool."

a long discussion of how to use the thing follows
    is pretty consistent w my experiences w other SLI's.

I also notice that we both try to use our NeFi, both making an effort to learn new/interesting things about each other to build a connection, as well as bringing in interesting, "random" topics of discussion that somehow relate to what one or both of us is/are interested in.

I have to go right now, but hopefully I'll have more to add later....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, perhaps, everybody tries to be whichever type's dual. And that is probably where the discomfort, exhaustion, or overall frustration may come from, that is, when you are trying to be in good terms with someone.

Just a postulation.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i'd be so thrilled to meet someone else like myself (that sounds bad...someone else who thinks like myself) I wouldn't notice their "flaws" and would probobly convince myself it was duality. It's so easy to talk to other ISTP's--maybe that's why it seems they're your dual.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No. We act like two Identicals. We act cutsey/romantic with each other, but when an actual project comes up we get stumped because we both want and can't use it that well. I enjoy conversations with other IEIs very much because we usually agree and support/justify one another. It feels good to have your own torn hooted. However, with actual life tasks that require physical maneuvering two IEIs aren't very efficient due to the thing.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just LOOOOVE identicals...! Nothing is as intense.
    I love them for romantic relationships, and self-improvement, and also friendships. It's comforting. But with my dual, we go on more adventures.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I just LOOOOVE identicals...! Nothing is as intense.

They are as crazy as me when it comes to talking about the secrets of life, and they are just as oblivious of their bodies as I am. In other words we easily end up speaking intensely for 20 hours straight before one of us remembers we have a body, and finally needs to eat, sleep or go to the bathroom.
    On that note, I need your MSN! We can set an outlook calendar reminder to eat three hours in, lol.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You two, Bee & Mimosa, IEI ? I don't think so. You guys just ooze Ne-Si... I'm sure plenty of other forum members would agree with me and reject the notion of your being Beta NF.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. I just had a phone convo with this other IEI and omg it was so cute. We both were loving each other so much, and really connecting. I think I'm in love actually...

Two IEIs are probably the strongest love couple of them all ... two romantics, how can it get any better? Haha.

Creepy-

I made a thread to discuss SLI-SLI interactions here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...641#post443641

Maybe others will make similar threads to discuss their experiences w identical relations... I think it would be really cool to read about these.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have met 2? One was awesome! She was as crazy as me and just so amzing to talk to! The other...well it was kind of flat, I mean I just couldn't get juiced, I think it was just the whole slow to open up IEI thing, but maybe I mistyped...

The first was comfotable with awesome sparks but the second was just strained as she was so withdrawn...