p = q | p + q | pp || qq|dqdpbppqpbdqpppbqpdpbpbppqbpqdppbpq

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That chalkboard is filled with boredom.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What ?! That's my !

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    Actually, this is , because money here isn't protrayed as profit, but as possession.

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    I'm , and I'm not very good at math. I think math is .

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can do math fine, it just takes a lot of effort because I find it absolutely boring.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    This is . Sorry.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Louis-Phillipe

Last edited by Ritella; 03-21-2008 at 11:19 PM.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    I'm , and I'm not very good at math. I think math is .
    I would be honoured if you could explain, oh Great Master of the Universe, why I once knew an IEE who struggled with maths and currently know an SEE who is good at maths (or so I've been told by others anyway, I'm yet to witness this personally but this was told to me by a trusted source and since I'm Te-Fi it means I trust certain people unquestioningly and reject others unquestioningly init loyk). Does this now mean, by way of comparing and contrasting, that mathematics is now a endeavour? But it cannot be! Oh, Great Master of the Universe, please aid me in this plight! Whatever can I do? My whole world is falling apart at the hands of this..this LOGICAL INCONSISTENCY! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Only you, Great Master Machintruc, can save me from my impending DOOM! I SUBMIT MYSELF WHOLLY TO THEE, GREAT SAVIOR OF THE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-NIVE-RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-SE!!!!!!!!!!!

Case in point, there are various reasons why a person might struggle with maths and type is but one factor in this equation. Furthermore, a subject as complex as mathematics is hardly something that can be tied down to a single function. Aspects of it might be Ti, aspects of it might be Te, aspects of it might be reserved for his holiness Lord Fnorgle, but either way being an NT or an ST or an SF or a kestrel or a sparrow carrying a coconut or saying that your favourite colour is blue when it's really yellow and thus being cast into the Gorge of Eternal Peril probably has little to do with mathematic skills in the great sea of factors. Factors and accountants. Accountants and bankers. Bankers and wan...nevermind.
    5w4 so/sx

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it grew old, died, got buried, now it's gone
    Last edited by marooned; 07-30-2008 at 02:42 AM. Reason: tense correction. be more tense!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That post really got my nerves going at first, until I realised the context it was in
    5w4 so/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8th function, eh?

THERE WAS THIS ONE TIME I FELT THIS KNOT IN MY STOMACH, AND I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE KNOT WAS

THE KNOT, REMEMBER IT WAS IN MY STOMACH, KEPT GETTING LARGER AND MY SKIN STARTED TO BULGE WHERE THE KNOT WAS, WHICH AGAIN WAS IN MY STOMACH

THE BULGE WAS SO BIG THAT I HAD TO HOLD IT WITH MY HANDS TO KEEP IT FROM SAGGING AND THE SKIN STARTED TO STRETCH AGAIN AS I MOVED THE BULGE AWAY FROM MY BODY IT WAS LIKE MY SKIN WAS STRETCHING LIKE TAFFY ALL EFFORTLESS AND SUCH

AS I BROUGHT THE BULGE FARTHER AWAY FROM MY BODY I NOTICED THAT IT TOOK ON A RECTANGULAR SHAPE, AND AS MY SKIN BECAME MORE AND MORE TRANSPARENT, THE OBJECT BECAME CLEAR

IT WAS A BAR OF SOAP THAT WAS CAUSING THE BULGE

Luckily, this was all a dream.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    8th function, eh?

THERE WAS THIS ONE TIME I FELT THIS KNOT IN MY STOMACH, AND I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT THE KNOT WAS

THE KNOT, REMEMBER IT WAS IN MY STOMACH, KEPT GETTING LARGER AND MY SKIN STARTED TO BULGE WHERE THE KNOT WAS, WHICH AGAIN WAS IN MY STOMACH

THE BULGE WAS SO BIG THAT I HAD TO HOLD IT WITH MY HANDS TO KEEP IT FROM SAGGING AND THE SKIN STARTED TO STRETCH AGAIN AS I MOVED THE BULGE AWAY FROM MY BODY IT WAS LIKE MY SKIN WAS STRETCHING LIKE TAFFY ALL EFFORTLESS AND SUCH

AS I BROUGHT THE BULGE FARTHER AWAY FROM MY BODY I NOTICED THAT IT TOOK ON A RECTANGULAR SHAPE, AND AS MY SKIN BECAME MORE AND MORE TRANSPARENT, THE OBJECT BECAME CLEAR

IT WAS A BAR OF SOAP THAT WAS CAUSING THE BULGE

Luckily, this was all a dream.
    ?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    ?

*Tiger Woods fist pump*
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm your 8th function would be Fe. i dont get it.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    umm your 8th function would be Fe. i dont get it.

tada
    Last edited by tereg; 04-11-2008 at 09:21 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

niff, I'm pretty much getting the reaction I was hoping for.

thx
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That post really got my nerves going at first, until I realised the context it was in
    Sorry. *hides head* I thought about putting a disclaimer on it... but I figured you'd figure it out...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we were to attribute this to an information element, it would be Ti > Fi.
    Last edited by glam; 03-11-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, this is , because money here isn't protrayed as profit, but as possession.
    Correct, and because of the face of the guy buried in it.

This is . Sorry.
    Yes and no, mostly yes. Their names as they're related to each other would be Ti. The way it actually works together with the rest of the body is Si. INoting the presence of an individual bone (of bones) in and of itself is Se.

In the context of the image, I'd say Se.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah
    Last edited by glam; 03-11-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)
    SEE

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dominants smell funny

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    When I saw this, I thought "Oh, a bunch of data about the human body. Maybe I'll need it later." (As in, I don't care ATM) So Te. Probably not S at all, as that is not what the human body normally looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorry, had to Ti it

Fire sprinkler
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards.
    Please improve this article if you can. (May 2007)
    This article is about the device discharging the water. For the complete system, see fire sprinkler system.
    Fire sprinkler
    Fire sprinkler

A fire sprinkler is the part of a fire sprinkler system that discharges water when the effects of a fire have been detected, such as when a predetermined temperature has been reached.
    Contents
    [hide]

* 1 History
    * 2 US regulatory requirements
    * 3 Also see
    * 4 External links

[edit] History
    This section does not cite any references or sources. (March 2008)
    Please improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unverifiable material may be challenged and removed.

Henry Parmelee created the fire sprinkler in 1864 to protect his piano factory. Parmelee patented his idea and had great success with it in the U.S. He then traveled to Europe to show people that there was finally a way to help stop a building fire before everything was destroyed. His invention did not get as much attention as he had planned. Most people could not afford to install a sprinkler system. Once Parmelee realized this, he turned his efforts on educating the insurance companies about his system. He talked about how the sprinkler system would reduce the loss ratio, thus saving money for the insurance companies. He knew that he could never succeed in obtaining contracts from the business owners to install his system unless he could at the same time ensure for them a reasonable return in the shape of reduced premiums. In this connection he was fortunate enough to enlist the sympathies of two men, who both had connections in the insurance industry. The first of these was Major Hesketh, who, in addition to being a cotton spinner in a large business in Bolton, was Chairman of the Bolton Cotton Trades Mutual Insurance Company. The Directors of this Company and more particularly its Secretary, the late Peter Kevan, took an interest in Parmelee’s early experiments, and eventually it was to Major Hesketh, its Chairman, that Parmelee owed his first order for the Sprinkler Installations which were installed in the Cotton Spinning Mills of John Stones & Company, at Astley Bridge, Bolton, to be followed soon afterwards by the Alexandra Mills belonging to Mr. John Butler of the same town. Although he got a contract through his efforts, the Bolton Cotton Trades Mutual Insurance Company was not a very big company outside of its local area. Parmelee needed a wider influence. He found this influence in James North Lane, the Manager of the Mutual Fire Insurance Corporation of Manchester. This company was founded in 1870 by the Textile Manufacturers' Associations of Lancashire and Yorkshire as a protest against high insurance rates. They had a policy of encouraging risk improvement and more particularly the use of the most up-to-date and scientific apparatus for extinguishing fires. Even though he put tremendous effort and time into educating the masses on his sprinkler system, by 1883 only about 10 factories were protected by the Parmelee sprinkler. Back in the U.S., Fredrick Grinnell, who was manufacturing the Parmelee sprinkler, designed a newer and more effective version which became known as the Grinnell sprinkler. He increased sensitiveness by removing the fusible joint from all contact with the water, and, by the ingenious method of seating a valve in the center of a flexible diaphragm, he relieved the low fusing soldered joint of the strain of water pressure. By this means the valve seat was forced against the valve by the water pressure, producing a self-closing action, so that the greater the water pressure, the tighter the valve. The flexible diaphragm had a further and most important function. It caused the valve and its seat to move outwards simultaneously until the solder joint was completely severed. Grinnell got a patent for his version of the sprinkler system. He also took his invention to Europe, where it was a much bigger success than the Parmelee version. Eventually, the Parmelee system was withdrawn, which left an open path for Grinnell and his invention.

[edit] US regulatory requirements

Fire sprinkler application and installation guidelines, and overall fire sprinkler system design guidelines, are provided by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 13, (NFPA) 13D, and (NFPA) 13R.

Fire sprinklers can be automatic or open orifice. Automatic fire sprinklers operate at a predetermined temperature, utilizing a fusible element, a portion of which melts, or a frangible glass bulb containing liquid which breaks, allowing the plug in the orifice to be pushed out of the orifice by the water pressure in the fire sprinkler piping, resulting in water flow from the orifice. The water stream impacts a deflector, which produces a specific spray pattern designed in support of the goals of the sprinkler type (i.e., control or suppression). Modern sprinkler heads are designed to direct spray downwards. Spray nozzles are available to provide spray in various directions and patterns. The majority of automatic fire sprinklers operate individually in a fire. Contrary to motion picture representation, the entire sprinkler system does not activate, unless the system is a special deluge type.

Open orifice sprinklers are only used in water spray systems or deluge sprinklers systems. They are identical to the automatic sprinkler on which they are based, with the heat sensitive operating element removed.

Automatic fire sprinklers utilizing frangible bulbs follow a standardized color coding convention indicating their operating temperature. Activation temperatures correspond to the type of hazard against which the sprinkler system protects. Residential occupancies are provided with a special type of fast response sprinkler with the unique goal of life safety.
    Maximum Ceiling Temperature Temperature Rating Temperature Classification Color Code (with Fusible Link) Glass Bulb Color
    100°F / 38°C 135-170°F / 57-77°C Ordinary Uncolored or Black Orange (135°F) or Red (155°F)
    150°F / 66°C 175-225°F / 79-107°C Intermediate White Yellow (175°F) or Green (200°F)
    225°F / 107°C 250-300°F / 121-149°C High Blue Blue
    300°F / 149°C 325-375°F / 163-191°C Extra High Red Purple
    375°F / 191°C 400-475°F / 204-246°C Very Extra High Green Black
    475°F / 246°C 500-575°F / 260-302°C Ultra High Orange Black
    625°F / 329°C 650°F / 343°C Ultra High Orange Black

From Table 6.2.5.1 NFPA13 2007 Edition indicates the maximum ceiling temperature, nominal operating temperature of the sprinkler, color of the bulb or link and the temperature classification.

[edit] Also see

* Active fire protection
    * Piping
    * Victaulic
    * Building code
    * Fire Safety Equivalency System
    * Piping
    * Automatic Fire Suppression

[edit] External links
    Wikimedia Commons has media related to:
    Fire sprinklers

* The United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada
    * American Fire Sprinkler Association
    * National Fire Sprinkler Association
    * National Fire Protection Association
    * British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association
    * Bundesverband Technischer Brandschutz e.V.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_sprinkler"
    Categories: Firefighting equipment | Fire suppression | Active fire protection
    Hidden categories: Cleanup from May 2007 | All pages needing cleanup | Articles needing additional references from March 2008
    Views

* Article
    * Discussion
    * Edit this page
    * History

Personal tools

Navigation

* Main Page
    * Contents
    * Featured content
    * Current events
    * Random article