Page 43 of 199 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,720 of 7936

Thread: Your typing of forum members

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    You would be banned before me too, for what you did to my mentor.

Something something sharing PMs no need to be more specific though!!
    Excuse me? I never shared anyone's PMs. I wouldn't do that.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Excuse me? I never shared anyone's PMs. I wouldn't do that.
    Are you sure? Maybe you did it unconsciously in the middle of an ass-eating spree.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Anyway, I’ve been sure about my type being intp now for a while. Feel free to have viewpoints.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure?
    Yes. I'm 100% sure that I have not shared anyone's PMs. Would you like to accuse me of some other made up offense? I don't have to look beyond today to find real, actual, bannable offenses of yours. . .

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes. I'm 100% sure that I have not shared anyone's PMs. Would you like to accuse me of some other made up offense? I don't have to look beyond today to find real, actual, bannable offenses of yours. . .
    Sure why not.

You did several of those made up offensive things in that thread where crazedrat popped in at the end shortly before he got banned.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're getting better at baiting.
    Thank you.

I've certainly been offensive I'm sure, and gone on the offensive, I take full credit for that lol. But have committed no offenses that would be banworthy.
    This is poor logic. You’re conflating the result now with those banworthy things not existing, after we’ve already all established the moderation is (especially had been) half-assed.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is this a failure of Ti?

My goodness.

*EDIT*
    This actually illustrates one of the reasons I don't operate on Ti. Rigid systems involving humans are too fragile against small failure points to be perfectly predictable.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

actually it’s dynamic so it’s more Te

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I do need to spend less time on here though and I feel I’ve said everything I need to really. So if mods did decide to enact some random bias and ban me, they’d be doing me a big favour lol.

But good luck to everyone with calling out bullshit on their own then.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I do need to spend less time on here though and I feel I’ve said everything I need to really. So if mods did decide to enact some random bias and ban me, they’d be doing me a big favour lol.

But good luck to everyone with calling out bullshit on their own then.
    Almost every activity reaches a point of diminishing returns. I'm still here because I like most of the people.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also have left some EDM in my profile visitor message wall in case you want to listen.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I haven't done anything banworthy. I haven't committed any banworthy offenses. Is that clear enough now? On the other hand, you have.
    I don’t really give a shit anymore but you can go ahead and try to prove your innocence if you want.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It may be that the mods here have a light hand because they actually assume that people are mature, responsible adults and can work out their differences in a civil manner.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I doubt it. It’s because mu is busy and doesn’t give a rats ass, and those who were active mods before had a bunch of personal issues and emotional biases.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It may be that the mods here have a light hand because they actually assume that people are mature, responsible adults and can work out their differences in a civil manner.

lol whatever gave them that idea, surely not the entire sordid history of this place demonstrating the exact opposite. you might as well state it as "perhaps the mods are stupid and blind"

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One more thing I want to reiterate in case I do get banned: You need guys all need to punish Bertrand more for his shittiness and set a good example for him, otherwise he won’t learn and this won’t be a good environment for him to stay in. He doesn’t really seem to be able to learn or evolve on his own otherwise.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you're not going to get banned dumbass, calm down

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    You cannot guarantee people won’t listen to me though.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably... one of the dumbest threads.

I do agree with banning Bertrand though. It's amazing that he is still able to stay on this forum for all the countless offenses that he commits against other members on a daily basis. I also think that he is likely a genuine psychopath. His behavior is objectively quite bad. It also appears that he doesn't think that he's doing anything bad, which suggests that he lacks a conscience and self-awareness enough to know that his behavior is actually bad. What probably matters is whether he gets "caught" or not, as in being banned, etc.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

aren't you the one who's out to destroy socionics-- yeah lets all do what that guy says

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Now he’s scared. I love it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I really have a goal of objectivity there (too), but I can understand if it's hard to remain entirely emotionally neutral to this topic... But an observation of mine is that some people can get upset more for the reason that they feel forced to reason for their type while they don't know how to verbalize such a reasoning (even if they have their type right), rather than for the reason of it affecting their self-concept. And when it's really just about adding info/my observations it's too bad that it can feel like pressure or whatever to some people. At least this is what I noticed sometimes, I could be wrong ofc.

I tend to agree with this... people just don't like being wrong. Whether it's about politics or socionics etc.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
    Also, keep in mind, the people on this forum heavily overtype EIE or IEI. I have not spent much time here, but every single time I read a thread, including this one, I see nothing but Beta NF typings. Have they ever met an actual IEI? My best friend was IEI, and this guy had a highly personal bizarre way of speaking and lived mostly in his abstract mind palace.
    lol...there is no shortage of people like that on the forum (not all the IEIs but enough).

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of practical work did she mean? That you didn't help your LSI with? You said you fix things around the house. My LIE ex bf was also good at that, absolutely great actually... maybe he'd break something on first try but then get the hang of it okay and he loved to tinker. Really he'd fix everything broken, would jump enthusiastically at the opportunity to tinker with/fix stuff every time. He was also good at keeping financial stuff in order, yes. Very good there too really. Also good at figuring shortcuts to get money anywhere. Also he sometimes felt like cooking and actually had a great talent at cooking spicy stuff especially. But uuh, beyond these things, anything else that's a practical matter... no.
    I relate to this. I am especially bad at anything involving clothes or cleaning....
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    lol...there is no shortage of people like that on the forum (not all the IEIs but enough).
    as the psychology is mostly F-N related then among _active_ members should be such in the quantity. and the most rare should be T-S

the most "overtyped" should be T-N types as those seem as the most prestigious on Socionics forums

also I have the suspicion some F betas prefer to keep away from being typed to betas as it got the darkest image (*Sith laughing from the unknown place*)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Lol some people think they didn't commit banworthy offenses ever... well continuing to slander me after I repeatedly asked them to stop would be a banworthy offense on most forums.

My request was incredibly clear too, I made the request several times. I was pretty direct, I was even willing to hear all the crap in PM instead and offered that option. But nope that didn't help.

So those forum members that would keep slandering me with personal remarks and distorted baseless claims about me out of the blue all the time in random threads would not be committing banworthy offenses? Or they would be not working off emotionality/feelings as much as any other person? While claiming that they aren't acting based on feelings as much? Lol

I continue to be amazed at how much some people are willing and able to lie to themselves and to others to keep up some imagined image of themselves as being mature, fair and reasonable all the time.
    Last edited by Myst; 06-19-2018 at 02:21 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Moderators should ban anyone! Then it will be peace here and no one will be offenced!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a failure of Ti?

My goodness.

*EDIT*
    This actually illustrates one of the reasons I don't operate on Ti. Rigid systems involving humans are too fragile against small failure points to be perfectly predictable.
    Hmm. As someone who can never clear up Ti vs. Fi, an argument about who has been most offensive in the group and therefore must leave seems like it's got some Fi character in it as well. Ti would just make a system based on behavior and ignore the realm of personal slights, would it not?

(I mean perhaps Ti as 1st position. Creative Ti is more... creative... about these things often.)

(PS I'm not typing any of you in these statements, just throwing in my annoying commentary.)

--

Regarding this forum, I still really appreciate that it's not very uptight (though I haven't experienced the bad side of that) because some forums are really uptight. Like there are forums where your posts have to be approved before they can be posted, or where you need to ask permission from the mods to post a thread, or where every comment must be impersonal to others or it is ban worthy, etc. It's nice that this place is not like that. However, this means people are free not to be civil. But I kind of prefer that. I am coming to appreciate the importance of civility but I feel it's better when authentic rather than when forced/enforced.

Harassment is probably the issue this forum has... it's permissive of it, but OTOH a lot of people like certain people who were banned for their more severe offenses or trolling, and I still miss many of The Permabanned.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol some people think they didn't commit banworthy offenses ever... well continuing to slander me after I repeatedly asked them to stop would be a banworthy offense on most forums.

My request was incredibly clear too, I made the request several times. I was pretty direct, I was even willing to hear all the crap in PM instead and offered that option. But nope that didn't help.

So those forum members that would keep slandering me with personal remarks and distorted baseless claims about me out of the blue all the time in random threads would not be committing banworthy offenses? Or they would be not working off emotionality/feelings as much as any other person? While claiming that they aren't acting based on feelings as much? Lol

I continue to be amazed at how much some people are willing and able to lie to themselves and to others to keep up some imagined image of themselves as being mature, fair and reasonable all the time.
    I agree that this should be a ban-worth offense. The last person whom mu banned did this.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Moderators should ban anyone! Then it will be peace here and no one will be offenced!
    the ultimate program: no one should be offended

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    Hmm. As someone who can never clear up Ti vs. Fi, an argument about who has been most offensive in the group and therefore must leave seems like it's got some Fi character in it as well. Ti would just make a system based on behavior and ignore the realm of personal slights, would it not?

(I mean perhaps Ti as 1st position. Creative Ti is more... creative... about these things often.)

(PS I'm not typing any of you in these statements, just throwing in my annoying commentary.)
    it just turns on what you mean by offensive, or who finds what offensive, that this is itself subjective is what's so hillarious about saying "no one should be offended" as if such a thing were even remotely possible without some kind of reign of terror. its a form of objective ethics because it just takes all emotional affects to be essentially the same in their negative form: i.e.: all offense is created equal so it can all be treated the same, to excise it then becomes a simple logical operation. Fi is the opposite to this because it understands the qualitative states differentiating the surface manifestations, and distinguishes between them. this is why these kinds of "calls" have a militant "leveling" character to them, its the leveling from the Fe perspective accomplished by some kind of inhuman Ti algorithm. Adam's constant support of these initiatives is why he is in no way dual to ESI

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

from logs in far future... when AI is used for the moderatorship

=
    How do u do
    <with German accent due to unknown code bugs>

ultimate happiness = no suffering = impossible for imperfect humans = ban all humans

sincerely yours, T-800

--
    Hi, T-800

As the alternative, we may leave only betas on the forum. When they throw shit to each other it's not insulting but a fun for them.

wbr, T-1000
    =

I agree that this should be a ban-worth offense.
    Especially baned should be the ones who disagrees with your opinion about own type! As you know yourself better than anyone esle and no one likes when gets the disagreements! Hence, it's just unreasonable insulting!
    If other one continues to slander you with any disagreements about you after you repeatedly asked them to stop - that is banworthy offense on most decent forums! As people should to have pleasant communication. It's the ultimate goal for what all decent forums are made!
    Last edited by Sol; 06-19-2018 at 03:53 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@inumbra, since you quoted me, let me respond.

I agree that Ti alone would make a system based on behavior and would ignore personal slights. But Star Trek's Spock is the only individual who has Ti alone. Lol. Everyone else has some Fi and some Fe.

My statement of "Is this a failure of Ti?" referred to the discussion between @squark and @niffer, in which squark claimed that she 100% never shared PM's (referring to a part of her own self-defined system of behavior), and then niffer immediately referred to an example where squark did share PM's.

squark then stepped back and insisted that sharing PM's was not a bannable offense, but that was not in question. What was in question was whether or not squark violated her own, self-defined Ti system of behavior. It seems she did. And that is why I asked if that was a failure of Ti.

I was just poking fun at her, and it was meant to get her to lighten up and see that Ti systems involving humans only work perfectly when they have some flexibility.

Incidentally, I happen to agree that squark didn't commit any bannable offenses. From my standpoint, she was just providing evidence.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

@Bertrand what do you type yourself as now? I need to know so I can decide how I feel about you.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

woah lets stay focused on Adam shall we

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it just turns on what you mean by offensive, or who finds what offensive, that this is itself subjective is what's so hillarious about saying "no one should be offended" as if such a thing were even remotely possible without some kind of reign of terror. its a form of objective ethics because it just takes all emotional affects to be essentially the same in their negative form: i.e.: all offense is created equal so it can all be treated the same, to excise it then becomes a simple logical operation. Fi is the opposite to this because it understands the qualitative states differentiating the surface manifestations, and distinguishes between them. this is why these kinds of "calls" have a militant "leveling" character to them, its the leveling from the Fe perspective accomplished by some kind of inhuman Ti algorithm. Adam's constant support of these initiatives is why he is in no way dual to ESI
    Hmm, well now I am discussing your type @Adam Strange. This LIE/SLE question has been interesting. I don't really know many LIEs (any LIEs?) in real life, though I do have my LSE uncle. Expat on this forum seemed very LIE to me, and when he acted as moderator I perceived his rulings as being very Fi-focused (concerned with the ethical character of a person, ethical nature of offenses, sometimes wrathful--all reflecting constricted but valued Fi). I've seen this side to my LSE uncle as well, though he's on a constant path to improve his Fi and has EII wife and ESI mother who are his constant "guides" in this, as well as probably some professional development stuff from work. If LSE uncle moderated a forum, I imagine though he'd have no tolerance for many of the things Expat had tolerance for. LSE uncle doesn't like "assholes" and I imagine would ban the lot of them. And he likes civil behavior only.

But with you @Adam Strange, it's true that I don't see this thing going on. But I'm so bad at explaining this "thing" that my comments here are a bit useless.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eko View Post
    Anyway, I’ve been sure about my type being intp now for a while. Feel free to have viewpoints.
    Pretty sure you are IEI

You seem like seeking answers from others/other places for the logical "why" of things while also having some of your own logical opinion too ofc.

ILI however doesn't do the former like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    In types traits a speculation is closest to introversion (of all 4 functions), as it's the opposite to objective (extraverted) approach.

About Ti. It describes the links between objective. Those links can be made by different ways. The way which you choose - your subjective choice. For example, you may interpret the same facts by different ways and come to different resumes.
    Speculation is Intuition, not Introversion. The word "objective" for extraversion just means object oriented approach.

As for Ti: yes, and actually, your prioritizing of Jung over certain Socionics ideas and certain interpretation of Jung etc is a good example for subjective choice by Ti.

This was an interesting Fi view of Ti/Fe. I'd be glad to hear about examples of Fi "qualitative states differentiating the surface manifestations". Is this even possible to verbalize this stuff at least a bit?

Is this a failure of Ti?

My goodness.

*EDIT*
    Out of curiosity: what did you see as rigid systems being applied here?

I personally (yeah I used the word "personally" ) do not tolerate personal remarks/attempts at personal slights when I see it as completely uncalled-for, or completely not fitting into the discussion which is to be kept objective-impersonal instead of personal.

As for who's been the most offensive, um, that started from a remark that niffer and Bertrand would be banned already etc... and then the fact was brought up that this was not an unbiased evaluation of anything, so it had zero point it, since the person who brought it up has previously committed banworthy offenses too.

I'm gonna throw in another note here because I cannot not do so now that all the hypocrisy has been exposed so hard and clear for all to see... That person, funnily enough, also claimed she does not work off of feelings as much as niffer etc... because niffer assumed she liked some posts due to feelz so niffer must be working off of feelz to assume such... while actually this person assumed before that I would make long objective analyses about Socionics just out of personal feely motivations...

Alright so. In general, Ti can make a system based on behaviour to quantify offenses sure. As far as it's possible to quantitatively define (Ti) such bad behaviour (Fe).

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This was an interesting Fi view of Ti/Fe. I'd be glad to hear about examples of Fi "qualitative states differentiating the surface manifestations". Is this even possible to verbalize this stuff at least a bit?
    its just a calibrated sense of "how much should I care" [1] about whatever person X is emoting about right now, but in an ethical formulation not a Te "how is this going to effect me logically" but more "what is right/wrong about this and my reaction." Ultimately its watching the world play out through a Te lens that informs the Fi. the Fi is the energetic base that develops over time in response to seeing the world function. its how Te and Fi sooth eachother in duals, because they provide helpful information on either side. Te base can extrapolate in time outcomes that Fi can respond to. Together they can develop courses of action that are really healthy and desired for both of them without having to "learn the hard way" so to speak. SLE will make shitty predictions like "you're never going to x" offensively as a product of Te demonstrative, but its a Ti based extropolation not a Te base one. Its really a Ti product used to suppress Fi types, not help them

[1] you will see Fe creatives say "I don't even care right now!!" in response to something souring the environment, but its a way to emulate base Fi for the benefit of their duals who are unsettled by whatever is going on. it comes across as a kind of mockery of Fi, usually when some individual is totally being victimized or scapegoated, its almost always in a kind of sarcastic tone. its sharp and only comes up in the moment, under certain exigent circumstances. base Fi is soothing and constantly issuing such information in highly refined passive form
    Last edited by Bertrand; 06-19-2018 at 04:17 PM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Pretty sure you are IEI
    I'm not emotionally expressive/dramatic enough. I prefer to hide my emotions to people until I really learn to know them. I relate to ILI descriptions more than IEI. The ILI is spot-on for me. I am more logical/intellectual than the average woman (I get told so by people irl) which is probably because I am logical. Also I'm not as rowdy as alot (all?) of beta people are. For this reason I like SEE more than SLE. When people are too much like that it can make me uncomfortable. I like more subtle and weird humor rather than Fe stuff.
    And I am an extremely poor small talker and conversationalist.
    I relate alot to this
    Fe – Painful function. Poorly orientating in emotions, ILI prefers to hide his feelings. However, if he is strongly afflicted by something, his emotionality can literally pour out as he loses control of himself. In order to prevent such situations from happening, ILI prefers to maintain a large psychological distance with others. Familiarity irritates him – he is a proponent of a calm and respectable manner of interaction.

ILI often compensates for his lack of emotional involvement in interaction with others by playing intellectual games. Very often interaction for him becomes similar to a game of chess or checkers, where the goal is to show what he is capable of, and to demonstrate another person's incompetence. ILI is a master of games – he loves to play with people and events.

He finds true enjoyment from realizing his intellectual superiority over others and will not let an opportunity pass where he can directly or indirectly express this. If his upbringing conflicts with such displays and expression, he will, nonetheless, satisfy his silent vanity by other methods.

In communication with those few people, whom he trusts, ILI can be open and sincere. Sometimes he displays kindness and generosity to a surprising degree – gives away his belonging, which are essential to him. However, this is often because he feels indifferent to them (sensing is his weak function).
    the second paragraph im unsure of, but the other stuff yes

When I ask others for things it's most often curiosity about hearing their thoughts and often to have an argument about it if i have another opinion rather than "oh i dont know pls help"
    Last edited by maniac; 06-19-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Speculation is Intuition, not Introversion.
    all introverted functions being subjective are speculative
    intuition is speculative in the degree it's subjective. as I've pointed logics can be speculative too